How to Make the Most Out of Being a Single Parent
Parenting while having a career or going to school can be a challenge. The following are ways that allow you as a single parent to make the most out of your assets and resources.
Simple Ideas Lead to Simple Solutions:
- Take care of your neighbors’ pets when they go out of town for additional income.
- Visit your local Women Infant Children (WIC) office and apply for assistance. To find the nearest WIC office, call 1-800-942-3678.
- Shop at a surplus, outlet, and thrift stores.
- Babysit or tutor students after school. Attract business by charging a lower rate than other sources.
- Sell products from home like Essential Oils, LimeLight, Mary Kay, Jafra, Avon, Pampered Chef, Creative Memories, Longaberger Baskets, Scentsy, etc.
- Find local support groups on FB.
- Find a local church and ask if they are hiring childcare help.
- Create and Sell handmade goods on Etsy.
- Go to local garage sales.
- Clip coupons for what you need.
- Market any special skills you might have:
- During wedding or prom seasons, offer to cut and/or style hair.
- Consider selling baked goods.
- Dust off that old sewing machine to do hemming and simple alterations.
Last updated: July 16, 2019 at 14:40 pm