Salmon Frittatas are an easy way pregnant moms can add protein and a host of flavors to their pregnancy eating plan.
Salmon Frittata the Protein Brunch for All AppetitesOne Salmon Frittata recipe covers all three protein eating strategies: Paleo, Keto, & Whole30. Frittatas are easy to make, take on almost any flavor you like, can be eaten for any meal and are a great way to naturally add protein to your diet.Print Recipe
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Chef’s Knife
- Cutting Board
- Oven safe frying pan/skillet
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 1 can Safe Catch Wild Pink Salmon
- 10 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 1 cup Vegetables of choice: spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes etc.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Add your favorite spices: 1/4 tsp Yellow Curry or 1/2 tsp Herbs de Provence or a healthy dash of Sriracha or any spice you prefer Optional
- 1. Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees F
- 2. Knifework: Rinse and coarsely chop vegetables, saute in an oiled pan until softened, then place vegetables in medium mixing bowl
- 3. Open can of Safe Catch Wild Salmon (Do not drain), flake with a fork in the can until all liquid is absorbed by the salmon, then empty into mixing bowl
- 4. Add almond milk and 10 eggs to mixing bowl, salt & pepper, any additional spices you would like, then stir until all ingredients are combined
- 5. Pour all ingredients into an oiled oven safe pan and start to cook on the stovetop over medium heat, stirring with spatula to avoid over-browning on the bottom
- 6. Slowly cook for about 5 minutes, then transfer to oven to bake for 15-20 mins (Note: the Stove Top cooking is to help bring all ingredient up to temperature prior to baking)
- 7. Every Frittata will finish on slightly different timing, depending on ingredients, and it is better to catch the Frittata just as it becomes ready. Note that the Frittata will continue cooking after removing from the oven. Make a small cut to see if the inner layer moist, yet cooked through.
SERVING SUGGESTION Frittata can be served warm or cold depending on preference. It pairs nicely with avocado slices or a fresh green salad. Frittatas keep well when refrigerated, for 2-3 days after cooking, so are a flexible source of clean protein. Recipe Credit Balance with B