Pregnant moms will relished this delish appetizer because it’s loaded flavors and healthy nutrition.
Salmon Meatballs with Teriyaki Glaze
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Baking sheeting
- Measuring cups and spoons
- 2 cans Safe Catch Wild Pink Salmon
- 1 small Zucchini shredded - 3/4 cup lightly packed
- 1 medium Carrot, shredded - 3/4 cup lightly packed
- 2/3 cup Almond meal (or flour)
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili powder
Orange Teriyaki Sauce
- 2/3 cup Orange juice
- 1/4 cup Coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger paste
- 1 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 tsp Tapioca flour + 2 tsp water
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Open 2 cans salmon, use fork to flake salmon until liquids absorbed, then empty into bowl. Add shredded zucchini, carrots, almond flour, and spices to bowl. Mix well with fork until thoroughly combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop for consistent sizing and roll each meatball by hand, then place each on baking sheet, leaving space between.
- Bake meatballs for 22-25 mins, flipping over at 12 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare glaze by placing all ingredients in a small pot over medium heat, until the beginning of a boil, then reduce to a low simmer for 15 mins to thicken to a glaze.
- After baking meatballs, place in shallow bowl and pour glaze.