Parenthood together with a career or schooling is a great challenge. The following are ways that allow you as a single parent to take advantage of things within your reach in order to make the most out of your assets and resources.
Simple Ideas Lead to Simple Solutions:
- Take care of your neighbors’ pets when they go out of town for additional income.
- Visit your local Women Infant Children (WIC) office and apply for assistance. To find the nearest WIC office, call 1-800-942-3678.
- Shop at surplus, outlet, and thrift stores.
- Babysit or tutor students after school. Attract business by charging a lower rate than other sources.
- Sell products from home through Mary Kay (marykay.com), Jafra (jafra.com), Avon (avon.com), Pampered Chef (www.pamperedchef.com), Tupperware (tupperware.com), Creative Memories (creativememories.com), Longaberger Baskets (www.longaberger.com), Scentsy (scentsy.net ), etc.
- Go to local garage sales.
- Clip coupons for what you need.
- Market any special skills you might have. Some
- During wedding or prom seasons, offer to cut and/or style hair. Consider selling baked goods for extra cash.
- Dust off that old sewing machine and do hemming and simple alterations for extra money.
- Write resumes or edit school term papers for what others will pay you.