Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The dreaded pumping... tips, advice, and recommendations

Anybody have any advice on getting a let down on a Medela Lactina?? I rented one from the hospital for a month, but can't seem to get more than 1/2oz to an 1oz in a pumping session

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Awesome information ladies! Wow! Thanks so much for all the resources, tips, and feedback! I love this thread.
    Dee - 35, DH - 40, DS - 3, Expecting #2 in early March 2015!

Hi ladies!

My little one is almost 6 weeks and because he had such an appetite from the start, I BF him on both breasts and then topped him up with a formula bottle. I was gonna maintain this until my milk came in nicely to exclusively BF, but because of the formula he slept for long hours and so BF was far appart. My milk never came in properly to give him a full feed without topping him up with formula and I'm sad to say that my milk is bussy drying up. I have to pump at least 4 times a day to get enough milk saved up for one full feed.

My question is this:
    After 6 weeks and milk drying up, is there any chance for my milk to come in again and how can I achieve this? I should have pumped 2 hourly in the beginning instead of waiting for him to wake up to feed, next time I will know better.

Please help as I would really like to keep breast feeding him!

Which pump is the best one to get? Should I buy or rent?

2/28/13

Quote Originally Posted by CBROWN View Post
    Which pump is the best one to get? Should I buy or rent?
    I loved my Medela PISA. And really what you get can be based off of need, I went back to work at 10 weeks so it was well worth it for me to get the PISA. For occasional pumping you do not need that.

Todays avatar was brought to you by shirtwoot!