I realized that as much as we all post to this forum, our stories sometimes go unsaid. And sometimes, telling them again helps us, and helps others understand who we are. So, I thought I'd start this thread (I created it as a sticky) for us to tell our stories here... for those who want to.

I'll start.

After a bout with infertility and two early losses (4 and 7 weeks), I became pregnant with our son, Jasper. At 37 weeks, he hadn't moved one morning. At the midwife's office, we couldnt' find his heartbeat. I delivered him the next day, perfect in every way (8 pounds, 21.5 inches) except for a true knot in his umbilical cord.

Three months later, I became pregnant again, and delivered our son Oscar on July 30th of this year. Healthy, happy, 9 pounds, 21.5 inches. Ironically, his umbilical cord was very SHORT. Whereas Jasper's was very long, possibly one of the reasons he became entangled.

I am blessed to be here, in this life, and blessed to have been able to have another child after Jasper. Oscar is the light of our lives. But it's still hard for me. I see so much in Oscar that I wish Jasper could be here to experience.

For anyone who's early on in a significant loss, I can say... it does get easier. Every day, every week, every month, the pain subsides. But it never goes away, and it becomes a part of who you are.

Hugs to all mommies.

Stacy