Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? I am Jennifer

How did you come up with your username? It is my name.

How long have you been TTC? This is our first month of trying after stopping BCP last month. Though I guess we are right now more just NPP with attempting to target the window. I am not ready for charting since I am not exactly sure what my cycles will be (though was always pretty regular whether on the pill or off...just been a while since I have been off).

How did you find out about APA? http://www.medlineplus.gov GREAT medical website that I am on daily.....I am a medical librarian

Anything else you'd like to add? I am 28 yrs old with hubby being 30. We have a furry baby, she is a cockapoo and definitely mommys little princess, my sister says that we forgot to tell her she is a dog and not a person. LOL
    I am also a bit worried about having troubles getting pg even though I have no reason to think that since we have never tried before. Probably comes from reading way too much medical literature (I have been doing a lot of searches recently for the infertility clinic at the hospital). But I figure that we are both pretty young still and we are both healthy....in fact I am the healthiest I have really ever been. 2.5 years ago, I had a gastric bypass and lost about 150 lbs. I already take all sorts of vitamins, will have to for life and know that my blood levels of all that are great. I am hypothyroid but my levels have been stable with replacement therapy for years. I am about a size 18, still still a bit overweight but way better than before surgery!
    So for now, I am just trying to not get crazy and stay relaxed and have fun....I think that I would drive my husband up the wall and turn him off if I got too obsessed and clinical.

Our timing might have been slighty off this month....we Bd on the 6th and 12th and I *think* I o'd around the 9th (we had planned on more action but my sister was in the hospital....we thought it might have been rocky mountain spotted fever but now an autoimmune disorder is suspected....so we were staying with my parents while visiting her and were just too tired and stressed). So I guess that there is always a chance and I might be testing at the end of the month.

Jennifer, welcome to APA! Congratulations on your weight loss - that is so awesome!

wantonemore Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? wantonemore

How did you come up with your username? Because DH & I have 3 children and we want one more kid.

How long have you been TTC? 3 weeks

How did you find out about APA? google

Anything else you'd like to add
    I'm really excited to have the ability to actually plan a kid. All 3 of our children were oops'... so, now, we're going for number 4 with an open mind.

Thanks in advance to all for your knowledge!

Welcome Kate (lunabug) and Jennifer(912) and wantonemore! Wishing you all lots of baby dust!! And feel free to ask questions!
    Elizabeth (35) & Ira (32) ~ Married Feb. '08 ~ TTC #1 since June '06
    m/c 10/07 ~ positive for Factor II (prothrombin) & Factor V (Leiden) mutations
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tebzle

morango Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?
    I am Val (30) DH is Joel (31)

How did you come up with your username?
    Morango is a Portuguese word for strawberry... my DH thinks it is really
    funny to pronounce...so it was the first word that came to my mind...

How long have you been TTC?
    We're TTC since last Feb... We are under so much pressure right now...
    Everyone one in our family are asking us all the time "When will you guys have kids?"...

How did you find out about APA?
    Searching early pregnancy symptoms... I was always reading the forum... and this weekend I decided to sign up for it... It's been great!!

Anything else you'd like to add?
    Let's have our babies!!!
    Good Luck everyone!!

Welcome, Val!! (officially, that is! )

dreaminginpinkandblue Guest

Hi Ladies,

Forgive my tardiness...

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kim

How did you come up with your username? When everyone around you (coworkers, family members, neighbors and friends) are PG, it's easy to see the world in pink and blue, no?

How long have you been TTC? DH and I are more NPP-type-folk. We agreed early on in our marriage that we never wanted it to become a chore (not knocking the process), but rather something that "just happened." However, I will say that we're both focused and ready to start our family, so for the sake of the question, I'll say we've been TTC since May.

How did you find out about APA? In February of 2006, I got a surprising BFP (we were NOT trying at all - not even NPP) and, frantic for information, I googled pregnancy symptoms and APA came up. We later miscarried and, again, APA was there.

Anything else you'd like to add? DH and I will celebrate 7 years of marriage next month, so we're ready to get this show on the road!

Good luck to everyone!!

Welcome, Kim! Hopefully you'll get a nice sticky BFP soon...!

Missymiss Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Missy

How did you come up with your username? Nick name

How long have you been TTC? almost 1 year

How did you find out about APA? another site

Anything else you'd like to add?
    On CD31 and just praying!!!!

TiffyIffy Guest

Default TTC

Hello. My name is Tiffany. I am new to this whole forum thing, but I heard about APA from my sister. I haven't really been working that hard at TTC because I have had some issues with my periods. My doctor thought I might have had Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, but I guess I don't. But I still don't have my periods without taking Provera. I so desperately want a baby soon, and my husband and I are talking about it but not actively trying since I don't even ovulate right. But I wanted to join APA because I knew I would get support from other women out there TTC. So any help or insight of how to get this started, I would love the support and advice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Tiffany! I do have PCOS as do others on here. I have found this forum a very helpful place. Good luck on your TTCing!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Erica

How did you come up with your username? Erica in NJ; My name and where I'm from. Not too original I guess.

How long have you been TTC? Since Nov. 2003. I've done IVF 3 times in the last year, and just had a miscarriage at 9 weeks.

How did you find out about APA? Google search. I was looking up IVF medical questions. I love the chat rooms!

Anything else you'd like to add? My husband's name is Anthony and he's my best friend in the whole world. We have one dog and 4 cats. I'm a professional groomer with my own mobile grooming business.
    Finally PREGNANT After TTC for 4+years!

I'm so sorry about your loss. I hope that you can find some comfort here b/c now you're mixed in with a great group of ladies. Make sure that if you have any questions that you ask, we'll try to help as much as possible, but remember, we aren't doctors.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? You can call me Ashley or Ash; I prefer my name shortened.

How did you come up with your username? I use it on another forum and I like it; it's pretty.

How long have you been TTC? We've been NPP for a few weeks now and want to start TTC in August after my 26th birthday.

How did you find out about APA? ! I found you through Google while searching about pregnancy!

Anything else you'd like to add? I love being part of forums because being in a group is great! I am really excited about starting TTC with my husband! I'll be 26 soon and he'll be 29.

gdee Guest

Default HI!

Hi evry1! I'm GraceDee (gdee) , 33, my DH, Cris is 34. i'v just had an M/c last week and was ttc from then on. we have Jana, our 6y.o daughter who eagerly wants a sibling, specifically a "sister" and that encouraged us to TTC. Came across APA in the net the other day and since then I was enlightened by the thought that I'm not alone in the struggle. God bless us all and hope to hear from you!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Tonya I am 30 DH-32

How did you come up with your username? randomly

How long have you been TTC? 4 days

How did you find out about APA? googled pregnancy and it popped up. This is an awesome site

Anything else you'd like to add? I am really excited about all this information!

SSZKNIGHT Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Sharllene (24)

How did you come up with your username? My initials and last name

How long have you been TTC? this is my first month

Anything else you'd like to add? My daughter is 13 months tomorrow we got pg the first month we tried but didn't try with OPK just bd. Hopefully OPK will help us out this month. Test date is july 13

18. Default

My name is Pam(33)

I picked this username because me and DH share email His name is Scott. So Pa(Pam)Sco(Scott)and we have 2 anniversaries the 4th Feb and 9th sept.... hehe=pasco49

We have been off birth control for 3 yrs, but have been really trying for 2 months.

I found this site through...google

I love this site and all the wonderful people in it!!!!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Missy (27)

How did you come up with your username? nickname & bday

How long have you been TTC? this is my 3rd cycle

How did you find out about APA? google search

Anything else you'd like to add? I also have a 2 year old son.

Wow! We seem to be behind on the "welcoming committee" so I'll start! A HUGE "welcome" to

Ash (silverstar)
    GraceDee (gdee)
    Tonya (sweetheart)
    Sharllene (SSZKNIGHT)
    Pam (Pasco49)
    Missy (missyb1480)

This is a great forum! Good luck to all on your TTC journey! Go really late June/July BFPs!!!!!!!

Kate, mama to Madi (4/18/08) and Jacob (10/8/10)

alabamagirl Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Rachel (26)

How did you come up with your username? i live in alabama

How long have you been TTC? 4 months

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm so excited i found this site and i look forward to talking to ya'll

Hello Rachel! Welcome to APA!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Ouissi

How did you come up with your username? Its my name...short for Louise but no-one has ever really used my full name ;) Its pronounced wee-zee

How long have you been TTC? We are only really starting to try seriously but have been using nothing for a couple of months...I had a miscarriage a few weeks ago and we are determined to try fully now!!

How did you find out about APA? Via and internet search

Anything else you'd like to add? Sometimes I feel really alone, particularly when people tell me its the getting pregnant that is the hard bit...after 5 miscarriages (4 with ex husband) it doesn't feel that way!!

Familyof2 Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? I'm Jo, DH is Andy and we are both 31.

How did you come up with your username? We have been married 10 years and people were always asking "So, when are you two going to start a family??" Finally, I was like, no matter how much we would like it to be otherwise...we ARE a family even if there are only ever two of us

How long have you been TTC? actively 2 1/2 years

How did you find out about APA? A friend of a friend of a friend

Anything else you'd like to add? I have been a silent observer on this site for ages :roll: I just never knew really how to jump in and reading other's experiences here has helped me through all of this. After trying and testing and testing and trying, we were told this January that it would take a miracle for us to get pregnant without IVF/ICSI. I wasn't really producing mature eggies and Andy has low count, low morph., and low mot.. We prayed and struggled with this decision, but finally came to the conclusion that we wouldn't feel closure on this chapter until we at least gave it a try. We have time to work on adoption after all, but my eggs aren't getting any younger!! So, our target date is August 9th and we were just waiting on AF this month to start the scans and bloodwork. I actually thought we had gotten our miracle this month because I had no AF symptoms and was 4 days late as of this morning, which NEVER happens (I'm kinda like clockwork). Anyway, my euphoric bubble of hope burst at lunch when AF reared her ugly head out of nowhere. I'm disappointed, but I keep reminding myself that we have a plan!!

Well, sorry to go on and on. I have just kept silent on this issue for SO long (not even our family knows) that it all came spilling out today. Thank you for listening.
    xoxo
    Jo

Welcome Jo! I wish you all the luck in the world! Everyone here has great advice and we all help keep each other's spirits up. Glad you joined us!

Quote Originally Posted by Familyof2
    What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? I'm Jo, DH is Andy and we are both 31.

How did you come up with your username? We have been married 10 years and people were always asking "So, when are you two going to start a family??" Finally, I was like, no matter how much we would like it to be otherwise...we ARE a family even if there are only ever two of us

How long have you been TTC? actively 2 1/2 years

How did you find out about APA? A friend of a friend of a friend

Anything else you'd like to add? I have been a silent observer on this site for ages :roll: I just never knew really how to jump in and reading other's experiences here has helped me through all of this. After trying and testing and testing and trying, we were told this January that it would take a miracle for us to get pregnant without IVF/ICSI. I wasn't really producing mature eggies and Andy has low count, low morph., and low mot.. We prayed and struggled with this decision, but finally came to the conclusion that we wouldn't feel closure on this chapter until we at least gave it a try. We have time to work on adoption after all, but my eggs aren't getting any younger!! So, our target date is August 9th and we were just waiting on AF this month to start the scans and bloodwork. I actually thought we had gotten our miracle this month because I had no AF symptoms and was 4 days late as of this morning, which NEVER happens (I'm kinda like clockwork). Anyway, my euphoric bubble of hope burst at lunch when AF reared her ugly head out of nowhere. I'm disappointed, but I keep reminding myself that we have a plan!!

Well, sorry to go on and on. I have just kept silent on this issue for SO long (not even our family knows) that it all came spilling out today. Thank you for listening.
    xoxo
    Jo
    Hi Jo,
    Good luck, though adoption is also a good option. My auntie waited until she was 40 for kids and after 2 tries of artifical insemination, she just decided to adopt (she has endo and her partner had a hysterectomy a few years before even though she is the younger of the two so that wasn't an option). I now have a 5 yr female cousin and 3 year old male cousin (and I am 28 so it's funny to have such little cousins). My family couldn't love them more! Plus, I swear that nuture is stronger than nature because their personalites and behaviors so like their moms.

Anyway, good luck to you in August!

Hugs to you Jo. . .

Familyof2 Guest

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the welcome!!

Jennifer912--thanks for your aunties story. I have an adopted sister, so I definitely think we will keep that tradition alive in our family too, regardless of how the biological issue turns out.

xoxo
    Jo

Posted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:46 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Andrea (26)

How did you come up with your username?My first and middle intital is AS and my last name Pires

How long have you been TTC? Well, I've been trying since October, I got pregnant in February, miscarried the beginning of May so this is my first month ttc since the miscarriage

How did you find out about APA? checking out preconception and I got the APA website

Anything else you'd like to add? I love love love this website, everyone is wonderful and the support is unbelievable. I love all you girls, your amazing.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Heather...family and close friends call me Heady

How did you come up with your username? My family nickname and the state I was born in...I'm VERY clever, LOL

How long have you been TTC? Since our wedding night in May (a little over a month and a half)....we are both in our mid-30s and absolutely want a family so we figured, why wait!!

How did you find out about APA? I did a google search for an ovulation calendar!

Anything else you'd like to add? It's nice to know that there are a lot of women out there for support. It also breaks my heart to hear about some of the situations, and I hope that we are blessed soon.