Page 6 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678 16 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

Welcome to TTC, Cassie!

There's a thread in the TTC FAQ forum with lots of the abbreviations: http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...pic.php?t=9248, but some others develop along the way (e.g., some of us use "DF" to mean "Dear Fiance" ), so if you see one you're not sure of, just ask!

Hope your stay in TTC is short!

~ Elizabeth
    Elizabeth (35) & Ira (32) ~ Married Feb. '08 ~ TTC #1 since June '06
    m/c 10/07 ~ positive for Factor II (prothrombin) & Factor V (Leiden) mutations
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tebzle

Meesha Guest

Hello everyone! I'm new here so I'll give a quick intro. DH (35) and I (33) have been ttc #3 for over a year now. We planned to start trying in 2005 but found out dh was being deployed to Iraq so we delayed......we then started trying once he got home but since I have very irregular periods, nothing happened. We tried for 9 months before we found out dh was then being deployed to Afghanistan. He was gone for 5 months and when he returned we began trying again.

We are now 4 month in and still ttc. I was finally referred to an RE and had my first appt. 2 weeks ago. Amazingly AF appeared the same day! (First time in 3 months!) Doctor immediately started me on clomid (days 3-7)

I took my last pill 7 days ago and am hoping for the best however, dh has been out of town all week for a conference! :evil: He gets home tomorrow so hopefully he won't be late for bding! Thanks for listening and I hope everyone has had a great weekend!

skyblue Guest

Welcome Meesha! Tell your DH thanks for protecting our country. Glad he made it home safely, twice Good luck bding this month. Hopefully your stay here is a short one.

Welcome, Meesha! Hope your timing works out this month!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Sharon

How did you come up with your username? Everyone at my church calls me Mrs. C because they can't pronounce my last name. I laugh at the one's you try to because usually they say it all wrong.

How long have you been TTC? I stopped taking BCP last July. I got pregnant at the end of December but MC'd on June 2nd. I am TTC again but have not gotten my AF since.

How did you find out about APA? I needed answers on MC, and did a search. This site came up. It was very helpful.

Anything else you'd like to add? Sometimes I feel like my body hates me!!! LOL.
    Sharon(28)~DH-Mark(28)~Married 9/24/2005~DS-Adam ~10/4/2008DD-Claire~7/27/2010

Welcome, Sharon! Hopefully your cycles will get back to normal and you won't be TTC long! There are several others here who are also TTC after a loss, so you should be able to find some good support here.

japplegate Guest

Default Hi Everyone

Hi everone My name is Jessica im 21 DH is 34 we have been TTC for almost 2 years now. We have been diagnosed with Endo and Pcos I also have hypothyroidsim does anyone have any of the same condition or conditions and could give some advice thanks

Default Re: Hi Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by japplegate
    Hi everone My name is Jessica im 21 DH is 34 we have been TTC for almost 2 years now. We have been diagnosed with Endo and Pcos I also have hypothyroidsim does anyone have any of the same condition or conditions and could give some advice thanks
    Welcome Jessica! This is a great place for information. I don't have any first hand experience with your conditions but I hope to see you around the boards! You might want to also check out the following boards which may have more ladies with similar situations to yours (although a lot of them are nice enough to pop in here as well!).

Struggling to Conceive
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...forum.php?f=57

TTC - Medical Assisted
    http://www.americanpregnancy.org/for...forum.php?f=20
    {..Bella..}

Last edited by Curious_one; 08-22-2012 at 11:02 PM.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Robin- call me Robin, Robbi, Songbird, whatever suites you suites me!

How did you come up with your username? I sing (have been performing my whole life basically) and my name is also the name of a bird, thus Songbird. And my middle name is kay, so Songbird_kay

How long have you been TTC? We had a miscarriage that completed in April, so this is my first cycle.

How did you find out about APA? I have been a part of APA since I found out I was PG with Jonah in Feb. The site came up on a google search and I joined soon after that. I have been MIA for a couple months since the M/C, but I hope to be back as a Feb mommy!

Anything else you'd like to add? Sticky baby dust to everyone!

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?
    My name is Angela, you can call me Ang. or Angela
    How did you come up with your username?
    Its DH's & my initals, with our last name
    How long have you been TTC?
    Since May of 2004. We just did had our FET today!!! YAY!!!
    How did you find out about APA?
    Back when we 1st started trying, (without an RE's assistance) I looked googled for 411 on tracking a cycle, and pregnancy symptoms & infertility and I came across this amazing place!!! :waytogo:
    Anything else you'd like to add?
    Thank you all you wonderful ladies (and gents...if there are any), your words of wisdom and hope help me get through the day!!!

aolson Guest

Hi Everyone: DH and I had first miscarriage in April, and this is our first month TTC since. I am so excited to see all the BFP's that I know will happen this month!
    I've been roaming back and forth between sights for a while now and thought I'd make it official:

Aimee (30) (DH is 31)

Since May/June of 2006

Looking for info about miscarriage

This has been a great place to get support from people who are going through the same experiences - Thanks!

I have been around for a while but I have never signed the welcome mat ... so I figured that today is as good as any day to do it (sometimes I procrastinate - this is one of those times ... )

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Katerina, some friends call me Kat - I like either

How did you come up with your username? I joined APA during a 2ww ... "impatient" was the first word that came to mind. Turns out, it fits.

How long have you been TTC? Official TTC since May 2007 (with temping and charting and all that jazz). Started NPP in November 2006, got pregnant in February 2007 - unfortunatelly it turned out to be ectopic and ended with a surgery on March 21, 2007. Then we skipped a cycle, bought a thermometer and got back to business in May.

How did you find out about APA? Googling for early pregnancy symptoms. I lurked around since November last year and then joined in January this year.

Anything else you'd like to add? APA has been a lifesaver during the dark days of dealing with my loss. I drew a lot of support from the ladies here who have been in my shoes. Especially, I found a wonderful friend in one of the members who has had ectopic pregnancy and surgery shortly before me. We have cried on each other's shoulders and have been supporting each other every single day since. I am forever grateful. ... On a much lighter note ... I realized we are definitely deep in this TTC business because as of a few days ago even DBF refers to sperm as "spermies".

davidbec Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Becca

How did you come up with your username? It is my husbands name and my nickname

How long have you been TTC? about 2 weeks

How did you find out about APA? my co-worker is pregnant and she recommended the site.

Anything else you'd like to add? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. We are new at this and a little behind the "learning curve" :? But we are willing to take suggestions and try new things!

Thanks!!

What is your name: Gila

How did you come up with your username? bfff17 ive had this user name since i was a kid lol

How long have you been TTC? about 5months

How did you find out about APA? google

Anything else you'd like to add? just got married this past August 2006 cant believe its almost a yr already wow, i've wanted my own little baby for so long so now were TTC so i'm new to all this stuff and just started charting. Any Advice would be great.... cant wait to be pregnant. feel free to im me on AIM or Yahoo or email me.

AIM:bfff17
    yahoo: gila diamond
    Gmail: [email protected]

Wow, we have lots of new TTC'er's on here in the past few days (and a few familiar names too!) -- welcome, everyone! Here's wishing short stays and baby dust to all of us!!!

mimish Guest

Hi.. I'm new!!!

Mira

My friends calls me mimi..so mimish LOL silly i know!!

2yrs 4 months now..

Just a search for a pregnancy forum and i'm lucky to found it!!

I wish i can make lots of friends in here..and i wish you all a positive result soon!!

Welcome to APA, Mira -- hopefully you won't have to TTC for too much longer!!

There's also a "Struggling To Conceive" forum for those TTC'ers who've been trying for while (6 months or more), so you're welcome to visit there too!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? I'm Krista

How did you come up with your username? Nomi Sunrider - a Jedi who lived about 4000 years prior to Episodes 4-6 (Yes, I'm a Star Wars geek . . .)

How long have you been TTC? This is month #1 and I'm in the TWW. Had been on the pill for 10 years and this is my 4th month off.

How did you find out about APA? From a friend of mine who is due 9 July 07. She's found this site to be a great resource.

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm terrified of actually giving birth and that's why I've waiting until age 37 to start. Finding an absolutely wonderful husband has helped me find the strength I needed.

mia isabella Guest

what is your name(name you'd like to be called)?
    mia isabella
    how did you come up with your username?
    that is what my husband and were planning to name our first baby if she was a girl. my real name is gia by the way
    how long have you been trying to conceive?
    for now we have to wait because i'm in the process of recovering from an ectopic pregnancy
    how did you find out about APA?
    i've been looking for a site like this and was browsing through yahoo answers and fortunately someone posted this link.

anything else you'd like to add?
    i just had a laparoscopic procedure done to remove an ectopic pregnancy.i just turned 27 (DH is 29) and i've been told that an EP is supposedly more common with middle-aged women.it was my first pregnancy and i have never had an induced abortion,never tried oral contraceptives,no PID, no previous op in my uterus,never smoked a single cig (although i can safely say that i am one of the worst passive smokers in the world perhaps because growing up,all the grown ups in my household smoked like its their religion). in short, i am really shocked why i had an EP.
    i had my right tube removed because the embryo has already ruptured.
    so here i am, trying to look for people who has gone through the same thing to find
    strength, good advice on how to cope, and all the hope i can get from those who have gone through the same experience.

Sweet Cay Guest

What is your name ? Cay

How did you come up with your username? It's my middle name

How long have you been TTC? 6 months

How did you find out about APA? Doing research I came across this website and I love it!

Anything else you'd like to add? You guys have tought me SO much already!!! Thank you

Welcom, Krista and mia isabella (gia) and Cay!! Hopefully you won't need to be in TTC too long, but we're happy to have you here until then!

Christa, I am 29
    My DH calls me Jellybean
    This is the first month (AF is supposed to show up on Fri 6/15)
    I came across this website when I was looking for an ovulation calculator and advice on prenatal vitamins and I became addicted to all the good stuff to read. I have been reading posts for months now.
    I just want to say that it is so wonderful that everyone can share their stories and be supported because this a scary process when you are first starting out. I have so much to learn.

Welcome, Christa!! TTC is pretty overwhelming at first, but that's what's so nice about having such a great supportive group to share with and learn from! Feel fee to jump right in and ask questions or share frustrations if you need to!

skyblue Guest

Welcome Christa! I've learned a ton from the ladies in this forum. I hope you enjoy your (hopefully very short) stay

limabean2 Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Hi there!! I'm Stephanie, I will the big 30 on Monday!! yikes!

How did you come up with your username? Limabean...because a want a little bean!!

How long have you been TTC? DH and I are very new to TTC. This is only our 2nd cycle charting...and my 2nd cycle after BCP for 14+ years!!

How did you find out about APA? online search! and then I saw how supportive and caring everyone at APA is and decided to join in!

Anything else you'd like to add? DH and I have two great furbabies!! Jake-110 lb lab mix and Cody 10 pound shih tzu....pictures coming soon!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Susan

How did you come up with your username? Not real sure....it just came to me when I was trying to decide on a user name for another forum.

How long have you been TTC? Just recently started TTC.

How did you find out about APA? A friend who is also TTC told me about it.

Anything else you'd like to add? DH's name is Greg. We have 1 cat and 7 dogs...1 Rottie and 6 Beagles. DH and I have been together for 7 years but only married since last August. No children, but hopefully that will soon change!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Susan

How did you come up with your username? Not real sure....it just came to me when I was trying to decide on a user name for another forum.

How long have you been TTC? Just recently started TTC.

How did you find out about APA? A friend who is also TTC told me about it.

Anything else you'd like to add? DH's name is Greg. We have 1 cat and 7 dogs...1 Rottie and 6 Beagles. DH and I have been together for 7 years but only married since last August. No children, but hopefully that will soon change!

Stephanie and Susan - So glad to have you both here in TTC!! Here's hoping for quick BFPs for everyone!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kate

Cat's name, we always call her Lunabug. . .I just like it

NPP for 2 years. . .just started charting. . .and trying

Looking for good info on pregnancy/conception, saw there was an actual forum here and liked what I saw.

Married 5 years as of 5/25/07. We always said we were going to do the 5-year-plan as we were so young when we got married and have been feeling ready lately! I'm a student at the moment and we've debated about whether this is the "ideal time", DH has an awesome job and we've been getting the 'itch', so here I am. I have PCOS. :roll: We have 5 "children with fur" 3 cats (siamese) and 2 dogs