Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

wannababybelly Guest

Default new to this forum

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kellie

How did you come up with your username? I want to be pregnant and have been trying for a long time.

How long have you been TTC? 1year (since March 2006)

How did you find out about APA? My aunt told me about the information on the sight and I found the discussion forum.

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm glad that I found a group of women who know how I feel and that I'm not alone in my struggle. I'm 23 yrs old, been married since July 16, 2005 but DH and I have been together since April 2001. We've been TTC our first child for what seems like a long time. DH has his heart set on having a boy. I do have a baby though; a furbaby that is. Her name is Chloe and she's a buff Cocker Spaniel. WE've taught her to know us as mommy and daddy. It's cute. GOD Bless Everyone!!!!

Welcome to APA Kellie!!!! Hopefully your stay in TTC is a short one!!

Welcome, Kellie!!
    Elizabeth (35) & Ira (32) ~ Married Feb. '08 ~ TTC #1 since June '06
    m/c 10/07 ~ positive for Factor II (prothrombin) & Factor V (Leiden) mutations
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/tebzle

shelily Guest

Welcome! I also hope your stay in TTC is short.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Courtney or Corky

How did you come up with your username? CBCorky is my CB handle. One of my old friends gave it to me years ago. Also, my grandmother used to call me Corky.

How long have you been TTC? For about 6 months now

How did you find out about APA? I found out I was pregnant in December, went to a different docotor a week later and found out I wasn't. I used AOL to look up Pregnancy sites for people to talk to.

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm 25, will be 26 4-28-07 and have been married for almost 4 years. I am surrounded by pregnant family members and am not very happy with God at the moment. Other than that, I'm a typical 25 year old.
    [/img]

Welcome to APA, Courtney! I think you will find that everyone here is extremely supportive and understanding, and share many of the same frustrations. Hopefully you won't need to be here in TTC long!
    ~ Elizabeth

wantingalittleone Guest

my name- samantha
    username- i just want a little one. it seemed cute to use
    TTC- since summer 2006. i went off the pill on January 2006.
    APA- I found out by searching about getting pregnant and I have been reading the discussions for a few months now.

I have never been pregnant. I have been married for 10 years.
    I'm 32 and DH is 34. I am taking Metformin and using the Clear Blue Fertility Monitor for 2 cycles now. Ever since being off the pill for over one year now, I am still trying to figure out my irregular cycle. I am hoping the monitor will help me. In the mean time, I thought I would be ready to join the group.
    thanks =)

Welcome to APA Samantha!
    Hopefully your stay is a short one!!

Welcome, Samantha!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?

Amanda

How did you come up with your username?

My husband and I call each other bone, which often becomes boney (I have NO idea how that came to be, but it's been years so there's no turning back now!) So our baby will be "babybone" or "babyboney"

How long have you been TTC?

We just got married in October and had planned on starting 6 months after the wedding (which would be now!) but in March we weren't as careful as usual and I seriously thought I was pregnant. I guess since that chance existed, I decided I was sure that April is the time to start trying!

How did you find out about APA?
    Google - and thank goodness I did! I love it here...

Anything else you'd like to add?

I'm so excited to be able to share all of these details with people who seem to think about it as much as I do!

Welcome Amanda!

Yes- we do think about TTC a lot. Like all the time. Seriously ALL the time...

Hopefully your stay here will be short!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Sarah

My Mom used to call me Sarah Jane-- although Jane is not my middle name--

I guess this is the third month. My husband and I were married in 2002, and in January he had his vasectomy reversed after 20 years! So I have a 20 year old step daughter and a 24 year old step son. They are very excited about the possibility of a new sibling!

I was looking for an ovulation calculator online and found it. It is so helpful-- I have been lurking since January, and have started charting my temps and using OPK's because of all the info I've read from all of you!

I am surprised at how anxious this makes me. Being 36 and TTC for the first time, hoping the vasectomy reversal was successful-- there are just so many factors that could complicate it. So I guess I am cautiously So I guess I am cautiously optimistic. I ovulated yesterday, I think, so now I'm in the 2 week wait...

Welcome to APA, Sarah - officially, that is! I hope your 2WW goes quickly and ends in a BFP for you!! Feel free to ask as many questions as you want here... as you've seen, everyone is really helpful and supportive of each other.

By the way, that's an adorable picture of you and DH!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Melissa, but friends always call me Lissa. I work in Mental retardation/mental health, and this young lady w/ down syndrome that I used to work with couldn't say my name correctly, and always said "Lissa". It stuck, and I love it

How did you come up with your username? Combination of my nickname, and an old email addy I started when I was 26- wow- that was awhile ago!!

How long have you been TTC? about 2 1/2 years- we lost a baby at 16 weeks on Christmas Eve 04. Been trying and struggling w/ issues ever since.

How did you find out about APA? A friend recommended the site- she was a single mom and found great support here. I'm happy to say I've found the same things!!

Anything else you'd like to add? DH: 32/ Jeremy. We were married in 2000. I kept saying that I wanted to wait to have kids- if I had only known how difficult it was going to be, I never would have waited!!
    Melissa(32), Jeremy(34), Stone 12-17-07, and Jayden Lee, Born into Heaven 12/24/04

Miri Guest

[color=darkred]What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Miriam

How did you come up with your username? My mom calls me Miri

How long have you been TTC? Since 1/06 with 2MC last one was in 11/06 and we will be trying this month. Wish us luck as we are soooo excited, but scared.

How did you find out about APA? brousing

Anything else you'd like to add? I am so glad to have come across this site. So far I've felt releaved to finally openly discuss our losses and to have people understand exactly what I feel. We are not telling anybody about our next pregnancy so it is fun getting it out of my system with you all.
    http://s162.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=untitled.jpg

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Welcome ladies!! I hope your stay in TTC is short!

17. Default

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Renae

How did you come up with your username? Long story: My cousin and I were once talking about how when we were little we didn't think it was really okay to pray for the things we really wanted the most--you know, like a shiny red bicycle. It has become kind of a shorthand for the one thing(s) you want the most--e.g., "my job is okay, but it's not really my red bicycle job" (I do actually have my "red bicycle job," by the way). And, um, my hubby and I really want a baby, so it seemed to fit.

How long have you been TTC? Since January 2007.

How did you find out about APA? Browsing to try and figure out this crazy thing called ovulation.

Anything else you'd like to add? I have been totally stalking charts and lurking all. day. long. since I found the site, so I decided it was time to stop lurking and start getting to know you wonderful, supportive ladies!
    Renae - DH Jason - DS Simon

Someone just dropped a house on my sister!

Welcome, Renae! I LOVE the meaning behind your name!

skyblue Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Is it okay to remain anonymous?

My husband and I moved to Colorado last summer. We both love the outdoors and wanted to live close to the mountains. One of my favorite things about where we live is the big deep blue sky, plus blue is my favorite color. So, it fits. We are NPP, not officially TTC, so I felt funny using a cute TTC name

We have been going with the flow since Feb. 07, hopefully we'll be expecting our first soon!

A close friend of mine recommended it, she is now pregnant with number 2

Its really comforting to know other couples are experiencing the excitement and expectation we're feeling, and also to have an outlet to share questions and vent! I don't want to drive my non-TTC friends or DH up the wall!

welcome skyblue! I hope your stay here is VERY short! Enjoy the site...the ladies are awesome.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Bella is fine.

How did you come up with your username? Something my mom called me

How long have you been TTC? NPP since 11/11/2006 - Charting since 05/01/07--still wouldn't call myself hardcore TTC just trying to help the odds and keep my mind busy.

How did you find out about APA? My sister & Google

{..Bella..}

welcome, and like i said to the other ladies, i hope your stay is short and i hope you enjoy the site!

Yankeesgirl67 Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My real names Stephanie..U can call me Steph

How did you come up with your username? I am a huge Yankees fan hehe

How long have you been TTC? May 07

How did you find out about APA? Google search for O calculators

Anything else you'd like to add? Hi everyone !!

Welcome to APA Steph!! Hope you have a short TTC journey!!!

tamalaw Guest

Default New to Forum

My name is Tamala, my family calls me Tammy but I switched to Tamala when it turned 18. I liked the name my parents gave me and find it to be rather a rare name.

I used my first name, not a lot of imagination.

We started around January this year.

I googled fertility and found a link to hear from Medline.

I would like to say how much just reading the informaiton shared here has given me some hope, as I am about to turn 42 and felt like my chances were extermely low. There is some hope.

Welcome to APA, Tamala! These forums are really a great resource and a very supportive place to be.

In addition to the general TTC forum (this one), there's also a "TTC over 35" forum that you may be interested in checking out. Again, welcome, and hopefully you won't have to be here long!!

Michelle
    Pretty boring- my DH's name is Clark and mine is Michelle and our anniversary is December 11, 2004.
    I got off the pill in December 2006, but we have been actively TTC since April 2007
    I was searching information about ovulation... and I found you all::: what a wonderful suprise.
    These forums are wonderful and you women are so uplifting- I look forward to checking out new posts every day!!

atria Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Brittany, I am 20 years old, married, no children but 2 cute cats.

How did you come up with your username? Just tuning in to my creative side...

How long have you been TTC? My Husband and I have been married for about 3 years. We are basically NPP right now. We are not actively trying, but it would be a nice surpise!

How did you find out about APA? I was searching for resources about pregnancy and symptoms, etc.

Anything else you'd like to add? This forum is a very positive place in general and it's nice to have found it.

Welcome, Brittany! I have definitely found APA to be a very positive and supportive place. Hope you find the same, and hope your stay in TTC isn't too long!! If you decide to start TTC more actively, there's lots of good info. in the threads in this forum, or feel free to ask questions!

Blog Entries

Cassie...you can call me either that or my username. I'm not picky.

I play jazz (saxophone) so coupling that with the mom part made sense.

We've been NPPing for about a month and a half, but this summer I want to get serious and really TTC!

Um, online search on pregnancy stuff I think...when I was preggo with DD. I got hooked!!

Looking forward to meeting more TTC ladies...I haven't spent much time in here! I need to learn some of the TTC acronyms...I'm kinda lost when I read some of these posts!

Oh, and good luck to everyone!

~ Cassie, mama to Madison (8), Ali (4) & Wesley (new dude!)