Page 32 of 48 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

Welcome Everyone! And

Feel free to post or lurk as you like...
    Rachel (39) Danny (36) and Zeke

Aries3218 Guest

Hi Everyone. I stopped taking Birth Control Ortho Lo on Feb 1st in hope of TTC. Does anyone know how long it takes to conceive. I already started this month. My expected period is Feb 28th.

NMRCDova Guest

Was it the pill or patch? I was on the patch and got PG the first month, though ended up m/c, the dr said it was due to me just getting off of it and there was an elevated hormone in my system. Start taking your prenatals and go to your OBGYN and get a Pap, (hopfully this is your last one till you have a baby :-D) Good Luck and welcome!

We've been having a wave of new members so lets throw out the welcome mat. We are glad your here and looking forward to knowing you better. If your new at TTCing (Trying to conceive) then check out the Newbie TTCers section. If you have been TCCing for over 6 months then check out Veteran TTCers. Please don't feel like your being restricted, your free to roam through any sections.[/COLOR]

With that said, let's re-introduce ourselves. :mrgreen:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Sissy

How did you come up with your username? Last lol

How long have you been TTC?
    7 mths after last break
    How did you find out about APA?
    Sufing the web!
    Anything else you'd like to add?

Have 3 BEAUTIFUL sons!
    Princess: 31 Beast: 33-- x3 Beast princes 03,04,07
    ~STC Again since 2008~After 6 years of struggles, heartbreaks, and many losses...
    BFP! January 20th. HB:120..HB:160..HB:145

marcigrl Guest

I got off the pill beginning of this year. I did not conceive in January, but I am hoping I will this month. My period is due to start this week. I am feeling very tired, pains in my lower abdomen, very hungry, and my bbs are a little sore. Considering I usually never have period sympotms I am hoping these are pregnancy related! From what I read about the pill and coming off of it, once you start to ovulate you are able to get pregnant. So I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Ann

How did you come up with your username? Tinkerbell is just so darn cute!

How long have you been TTC? nine months

How did you find out about APA? from a google search

I've just started going to a fertility clinic. DH is getting tested, and I'm waiting for the day three blood work to get things started. I'm 33 DH is 31
    Last edited by tinkerbell76; 04-04-2009 at 10:08 AM.

NMRCDova Guest

:Welcome:

What is your name: Erica (28) Joe (36) married 4/28/07
    How did you come up with your username: I'm an identical twin. My sis has 3 children and when I'm around and they are upset they come to me and hold up their arms and say "Aunt Mommy" I get to comfort them
    How long have been TTC? NPP since 5/08 TTC 12/08

NMRCDova Guest

Welcome auntmommy!

PinkCandyX Guest

Smile Salutations Everyone!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? - Patricia

How did you come up with your username? - I love Pink

How long have you been TTC? - Well... Since I fell in love with my DF [45yrs old] 2yrs ago, we don't use BC, I have never been pregant ever and I'm 42yrs old now. He says he doesn't want anymore children [he has a teenage daughter from his previous marriage] but he's an amazing dad and very generous as a person, I'm sure he would be happy if we had an un-planned pregancy. SO, I'm not pressuring him but when he does not pull out [which is now and then] and I do track my AF and O's [I have a great appt for on my phone that tracks], I can only hope.

How did you find out about APA? - Doing an internet search on pregnancy symptoms.

Anything else you'd like to add? -Getting married August 9, 2009.

wanting another Guest

What is your name? Jessica

How did you come up with your user name? See below

Hello everyone I'm new here and not sure if I'm posting this in the right spot or not but here is my situation and question(s).

Two years after my third child who was VERY colicky I decided against my husbands wishes to get a tubes done (they were cauterized). He worked long hours and was not home hardly at all to help out with anything. Anyways now that my youngest is 5 i REALLY wish i would've listed to him and we are in the process of finding a Dr. to do a tubal reversal. We live in Wisconsin about 30 minutes from the MN boarder. Is there any one who has had this procedure done and does anyone know any Dr's in my area i have been searching but have not been having much luck. Also and estimated cost would be great. Thanks so much, Jessica

Hello everyone, newbie incoming

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My real name is Agatha, and I haven't really had any nicknames. I'm 26.

How did you come up with your username? Will 'o the wisps are the flickering lights you see over lakes and whatnot at night. They're beautiful, intriguing, pretty mysterious, and a little touch of whimsy in the real world

How long have you been TTC? Hubby and I have just started in February though its been on the radar for a while.

How did you find out about APA? Came up in a Google search, gotta love Google.

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm super new, not only to TTC but to babies in general (its just us, the dog, and the cat right now). Very excited and very hopeful.

Default Aloha

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Reverie

How did you come up with your username? Its how I feel

How long have you been TTC? 11/08

How did you find out about APA? Google

Anything else you'd like to add? DH and I decided 09 was our year, so far no go. In our "circle" we are the only ones with the “luxury” of being able to decide that we wanted to get pregnant. For all our friends, babies were welcome accidents. So I figured we we're doing it right, waiting until we were ready, and me in all my ignorance thought, "ok I’m ready, by tomorrow I should be pregnant..." I’ve learned a lot from this web site and others, and I realize patients are a virtue. I joined because it would be nice to relate to ladies who are on the same journey at the same time as me. Just reading these forums have already helped so much! Best of luck to all of you!
    On another note, is there a post on here that breaks down all the acronyms? Sometimes I feel lost in translation

NMRCDova Guest

welcome everyone may your stay here be short and sweet!!!

jrherrera Guest

Hi my name is jenny I am new to this my husband and I are going to start invitro in april if any body has any useful info that you can give me i would be greatful i am very nervous because i dont understand it very well

hawksnest Guest

Default New and confused...as always. LOL

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Trish or Trisha

How did you come up with your username? We're avid motorcycle riders and my husbands 'call name' is Hawk, so I'm always referred to Hawkslady and our home/family is Hawksnest.

How long have you been TTC? Just started actually.

How did you find out about APA? Searched for ovulation calendars

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm soooooo confused about all the terminology everyone is using and I've never tracked my ovulation before so I'm really confused about what to do.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? my screen name is VegasBride and my real name is Kelly

How did you come up with your username? I came up with my user name because I got married in Vegas.

How long have you been TTC? We are just started to TTC

How did you find out about APA? I found APA when I googled caffeine and preganacy.

Welcome new TTCers!

Good luck! Hope you have a short and easy stay here!
    Rachel (39) Danny (36) and Zeke

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? mandy

How did you come up with your username?

How long have you been TTC? 1 month

How did you find out about APA?web surfing, LOVE IT !!! BEST SITE

Anything else you'd like to add? We have been trying for 1 month , but this will make our third! We have never had to try before.

classikgirl Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Jen

How did you come up with your username? It's from the Jane's Addiction song Classic Girl

How long have you been TTC? 4 months

Smile Howdy y'all

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Melissa (29) DH Mohammad(28)

How did you come up with your username? Just a common username I use everywhere to make it easier to remember. Lissa is the last part of my first name, which means honeybee so lissa+bee and 79 is my birth year

How long have you been TTC? Really more NPP, but that has been about 6 months.

How did you find out about APA? Googled early signs of pregnancy.

Anything else you'd like to add? I really, really love this site. It is well organized, and has really good info. Also, I like the rather sleek look instead of the cutesy pastels that most places geared for babies go for.

Default The newest newbie for the moment!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Mariel

How did you come up with your username? I sat down to become a member and that's just what came out. It sounds nice.

How long have you been TTC? Since January 2009

How did you find out about APA? After a google search to learn more about ovulation.

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm surprised at how all-consuming TTC is. I was not prepared for all the emotions and since we're not yet telling family and friends it can be very isolating. I am very thankful to have found this forum (and for the internet) even if I mainly lurk. I am not alone in cursing the world for wondering why a missed AF is a good indicator of pregnancy. You have to wait and symptoms can be similar and then BAM not only are you NOT pregnant but your menstruating. Awesome. Thanks everyone for sharing on these forums.

Default hello all!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Michele or Rubia

How did you come up with your username? "Rubia" means "redhead" in spanish, my SO is obsessed with my red hair. He thinks there should be a word for redhead in english like 'blonde' or 'brunette', so he calls me his rubia

How long have you been TTC? Mostly just NPP since dec '08 because SO is still a little nervous, we'll start trying more seriously around his birthday this July. I've been tracking CM and O since i stopped bc in august.

How did you find out about APA? A link from http://birthpsychology.com/index.html, great info on site but not updated and I've read everything LOL! APA is the best site I've found so far, and best forum hands down! Everyone is so great here!

Anything else you'd like to add? I've been lurking for a few months now and everyone is so supportive, really great community here and I feel welcome already! My BFF doesn't want children and tries to be supportive but thinks I obsess too much, so i'm trying not to constantly talk her ear off about wanting to be pg. SO is still a little nervous like I said so I try not to constantly talk about babies, although it is almost constantly on my mind! Time to start posting

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Jill

How did you come up with your username? it's my name

How long have you been TTC? went off BCP August 08, pregnant after 3 months, m/c at 11 1/2 weeks...just now getting ready to TTC again

How did you find out about APA? my sister had told me about the site/journal feature when I first found out I was pregnant last December.

Anything else you'd like to add? nervous to try again, but really want to be a mom still

Hi everybody!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Angela

How did you come up with your username? It's the one I used everywhere. It's based off a high school nickname.

How long have you been TTC? I just went off the pill.

Anything else you'd like to add?I'm the crazy animal lady with a house full of rabbits and cats. Yes rabbits, I volunteer at the shelter and do rabbit rescue. Also, DH and I both have fibromyalgia. Yay. *sarcasm* Took me a few years to decide to take the plunge and have a baby because of that.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Karen
    How did you come up with your username? It's what I've been using as an online username for years!
    How long have you been TTC? Just starting this month actually. (So 3/09)
    How did you find out about APA? Found it a few months ago by searching pregnancy symptoms - wasn't trying at the time but we are now
    Anything else you'd like to add? Not right now!

I just saw this!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Liz

How did you come up with your username? Lizzie is what my family calls me.

How long have you been TTC? 1 cycle.

How did you find out about APA? Searching for pregnancy journals

Anything else you'd like to add? Good luck to everyone who is TTC!! and HH9M to all those that got thier BFP. and praying for the mommas with kidlets. :-)
    Liz wife to Andy 4/23/05 Mommy to Elijah 04/17/07

Quote Originally Posted by rubia View Post
    What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Michele or Rubia

How did you come up with your username? "Rubia" means "redhead" in spanish, my SO is obsessed with my red hair. He thinks there should be a word for redhead in english like 'blonde' or 'brunette', so he calls me his rubia
    Not to be a downer... but rubia means blonde. Pelirroja would be redhead.
    Amber (32), DH Jody (25)

8w0d ultrasound

What is your name (or a name you like to be called): Kelé (pronounced Kelly), my parents were trying to be fancy!

How did you come up with your username: It's from a dungeons and Dragons character I created 18 years ago. I've been using it online since 1994

How long have been TTC? Actively trying? Since 2/07.

Anything else you would like to add? I had a transabdominal cerclage placed in February, after losing our son Ronan due to incompetent cervix.
    Kelé (33) & Greg (38): together 14 years, married 11. Two first-trimester m/c. One premie in extremis: Ronan DeWayne 9/21/08
    :pray: for VegasBride and AshleeNS!

Smile Brand Spankin New...

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?

Janeen

How did you come up with your username?

It's my name

How long have you been TTC?

We just "officially" began this month

How did you find out about APA?

Searched the internet

Hmm, a brief bio? I hadn't had a cycle since October of 07 and finally went to the gyno last month. They had me do a round of Provera which successfully brought on a cycle and they diagnosed me with PCOS. We then saw an RE and he put me on Metformin and mentioned adding Clomid next month after my next cycle, if I cycle on my own with the Metformin. It appears that I am about to start the cycle on my own (spotting) so we'll see what happens!

P.S. I look forward to getting to know all of you.
    Last edited by Janeen; 03-30-2009 at 05:22 PM.