Page 24 of 48 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 34 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

Smile New to the area!

Hello Ladies!! Well, I've spent the day reading through the different TTC forums and it seems like this is a great group to join.

A little background on myself: My husband Trey and I met at work. We had actually known each other for a while but did not start dating until we deployed. We got married December 31, 2007 at a local JP with plans to have a beautiful beach wedding this summer. Well, its the summer and still no wedding.... Anyway, we have two beagles, Sampson and Chewy, who are our babies right now.

We have decided to TTC #1 and July will be our first month to test. I used an OPK and it said I should O on the 12th or around there. I did start a chart, but no temps yet. I will try to get it posted and I will start temps if AF comes this time. (I'm hoping not!!)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone and I do hope that you all have a BFP soon and all is well for everyone!!
    Amanda 26 Trey 24...Married 12/31/07 Pregnant with #1 and #2!!!
    Praying for our two boys!!!

Quote Originally Posted by atodd33 View Post
    Hello Ladies!! Well, I've spent the day reading through the different TTC forums and it seems like this is a great group to join.

A little background on myself: My husband Trey and I met at work. We had actually known each other for a while but did not start dating until we deployed. We got married December 31, 2007 at a local JP with plans to have a beautiful beach wedding this summer. Well, its the summer and still no wedding.... Anyway, we have two beagles, Sampson and Chewy, who are our babies right now.

We have decided to TTC #1 and July will be our first month to test. I used an OPK and it said I should O on the 12th or around there. I did start a chart, but no temps yet. I will try to get it posted and I will start temps if AF comes this time. (I'm hoping not!!)

Anyway, I look forward to meeting everyone and I do hope that you all have a BFP soon and all is well for everyone!!

Welcome atodd33 and anyone else that I've missed. I hope your stay here is nice and short. More baby dust to everyone.

3. Default

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Hello Everyone, my name is Tiffany

How did you come up with your username? First name and both my last names shortened

How long have you been TTC? March 2008

How did you find out about APA? I found APA when I found out I was pregnant prior to our m/c. Although I didn't join the discussion forms right away, I visited as a visitor frequently.

Anything else you'd like to add? I am 36 and my DH is 33. We have been TTC since our m/c in March 2008. We have been married a little over a year and looking forward to the many years to come..

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Becky

How did you come up with your username? Willow's contrived from the town I live in.

How long have you been TTC? Heh, I haven't been? But, I'm wanting to.

How did you find out about APA? Online while using Yahoo search to find early symptoms of pregnancy.

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I have four kids - 11, 9, 8, 7... two boys, two girls. 5 pregnancies, one miscarriage, #2 was a twin but the twin was "absorbed" 1 month into the pregnancy. Anyway, my husband and I are now ready to have another child, and we are hoping we get a miracle.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Cassi

How did you come up with your username? I am a fun person...I don't know, I just use this username for everything...It's a habit!!

How long have you been TTC? off and on for 5 years, I have endometriosis, but had a child almost 7 years ago, without trying..I have had serveral surgeries, HSG (clear) and now I just can O without help, and when I do I only produce one follicle and keep seeing BFN's...My DH is Okay.

How did you find out about APA? I googled of course.

Anything else you'd like to add? I have been on the site for a while lurking and recently started posting...and just decided to let ya'll know a little about me.

Tiffanypenney Guest

Default Newbie

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Tiffany

How did you come up with your username? My dog's name with my own

How long have you been TTC? 6+ months

How did you find out about APA? Online search (yahoo)

Hi, My name if Tiffany, I am 35 in 6 months, and I have been TTC for 6 months. I have short cycles, 25 days, and have had all the necessary bloodwork. The only weird thing that came up was VERY low progesterone on day 18. So the Dr prescribed clomid for days 5-9. Well I am now late, with obviously no chance of late being what I want it to be. Is the low prog causing a missed period? And how the heck am I supposed to start clomid if I never have a day 5? Frustrating.

And by the way, thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Tiffanypenney; 07-19-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Edited b/c I forgot to read instructions (oops)

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Candace DH Joe

How did you come up with your username? Its my first initial and my last name and the date DH and I got married

How long have you been TTC? 2 months

How did you find out about APA? I thought i was preggo

Anything else you'd like to add? I just recently started using apa and i love it

Default first day for me!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Ericka

How did you come up with your username? You Make Me Smile

How long have you been TTC? Just started~

How did you find out about APA? searched ovulation

Anything else you'd like to add? What do all of these abbreviations mean!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Beth

How did you come up with your username? I love sweets! If only chocolate improved fertility...

How long have you been TTC? 8 months

How did you find out about APA? Google search

Anything else you'd like to add? I feel honored to join such a great group of ladies. I love seeing how excited everyone gets for other people's BFPs even though they may be longing for their own - that is just wonderful! I hope we all get our good news very soon!

caldwelln Guest

Red face New

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Nicole

How did you come up with your username? Simply what I always use

How long have you been TTC? 2 years

How did you find out about APA? Searched the web for support and found this amazing message board.

Anything else you'd like to add? I am going to the Dr's on Friday to talk about fertility. I am excited that we have made it to this point. I hope to get tested and find out what our options are or why we are not lucky yet.

11. Default Introducing me

What is your name? Noreen

How did you come up with your username? My lil sis calls me reeree

How long have you been TTC? 3yrs

How did you find out about APA? looking for answers and this was one of the sites that came up.

Anything else you'd like to add? No

Mommy2Pookie Guest

Default Hello to all

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Elena

How did you come up with your username?We call my daughter Pookie!

How long have you been TTC? We were breastfeeding and hoping and now we are officially trying as of this month!

How did you find out about APA? Good ol' google.

Last edited by Mommy2Pookie; 07-23-2008 at 06:40 PM.

Valerie719 Guest

Default newbie

Hi everyone!
    I'm Val and I'm new as of TODAY..
    found the site on google as well.

I may be pregnant , but unsure still..
    I'm 32 & my boyfriend is 26.

:batman:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Valerie719; 07-24-2008 at 11:22 AM.

Hi guys!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kyli

How did you come up with your username? Its the username I use for everything, I came up with it years and years ago: HP stands for Harry Potter, and 04 was the year that I a graduated high school. I was a big Harry Potter nerd in high school (still am ).

How long have you been TTC? This is the first month that we actually tried. I'm not sure if I am - AF is a week late, yet 3 HPTs have been negative.

How did you find out about APA? Google!

Anything else you'd like to add? I have been lurking for a while and just reading all the posts, and I don't think there is a more friendly, supportive, and honest group out there. I'm so excited to be a part of it!

Default Hi there ;)

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Kathrin

How did you come up with your username? It's a carryover from my youth. I <3 unicorns, and I made it one night watching the last unicorn. I believe I've used this name since I was 15, I am now 26.

How long have you been TTC? Just started, and hoping for fast results!

How did you find out about APA? googling

Anything else you'd like to add? I just recently had my Mirena removed. I had a great experience with the IUD, and was slightly sad to see it go. I have a nearly 4 year old (first of Oct), and felt it was time to add to the family. My husband is in the Marine Corps, and we conceived Jonah fairly quickly (first month, actually!). Good luck to all you ladies out there!

Default newbie

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Cristina

How did you come up with your username? It's my name.

How long have you been TTC? 2 months

How did you find out about APA? Google search for pregnancy symptoms

Anything else you'd like to add? Glad to be hear and appreciate how everyone supports each other.

midgetlb6 Guest

Name is Lucy
    Nickname midget, fiance calles me his little midget.
    Been trying for 2 months.
    So glad you all are here. Was doing google search on clomiden came across this site. Look forwrd to getting to know you all better. My family thinks I am nuts I am 40 and trying to get pg. Love kids what can I say. Fiance has no children of his own I have 4. Never had a problem getting pregnant before and so now I am new to this and scared to death what if my body fails me. My youngest is 14. So deseperate because of age factor and wanting just one more blessing from the good lord up above am I asking to much? Again so glad you all are here.

midgetlb6 Guest

Name is Lucy
    Nickname midget, fiance calles me his little midget.
    Been trying for 2 months.
    So glad you all are here. Was doing google search on clomiden came across this site. Look forwrd to getting to know you all better. My family thinks I am nuts I am 40 and trying to get pg. Love kids what can I say. Fiance has no children of his own I have 4. Never had a problem getting pregnant before and so now I am new to this and scared to death what if my body fails me. My youngest is 14. So desperate because of age factor and wanting just one more blessing from the good lord up above am I asking to much? Again so glad you all are here.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Amanda

How did you come up with your username? It is my DH's name plus a little inside joke we have

How long have you been TTC? About 4 Months

How did you find out about APA? Online Search

Anything else you'd like to add? Still learning the lingo, I know how to reply to a post but not how to make a post. I am looking forward to learning and growing with other women in the same situation
    Last edited by mikiesbb; 07-26-2008 at 03:48 PM.
    Amanda and Mikie, It's A Boy- Chase Michael
    Born 6-19-09

tiz13 Guest

Wink

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Tiz :celebrate:

How did you come up with your username? nickname from childhood

How long have you been TTC? 3 cycles

How did you find out about APA? web search

Anything else you'd like to add? I have a 10-day luteal phase with spotting 4-7 days before that. If you do too and have gotten PG, I'd love to hear from you via private message!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Sabrina or Bri

How did you come up with your username? I just shortened up my name

How long have you been TTC? 4yrs

How did you find out about APA? Google

I love being a part of this group, I don't know if I would be able to do all of this without you ladies!!! Thank you!!!

GOD IS GOOD!!!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Nicole, and it is really what I like to be called.

How did you come up with your username? A nickname that my dad gave me, and my husband has adopted.

How long have you been TTC? We've been NPP for 5 or 6 months, but honestly I have tried to time DTD on or around O during that time. Now, we are really TTC.

How did you find out about APA? I check it every time I think there is a chance I could be PG, to compare symptoms.
    Coley

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?
    Katrinna

How did you come up with your username?
    Refer to first question's answer

How long have you been TTC?
    About 2 months

How did you find out about APA?
    researching ovulation cycles online

I'm 28 and married my husband in Aug06. I stopped BC when we got married, but we weren't really trying b/c we weren't totally ready, but decided that it woudl happen when it happens. We quit our jobs and did a long distance move in Oct 2007. Ofc with both of us out of work and having no insurance that is when we get pregnant. I was so happy, but a little stressed. I never saw a doctor b/c I was trying to get state medical assistance (no ins co. takes you when ur already pregnant). In my 9th week I miscarried and the week after I went into the hospital with severe back pain. That is when we really found out about the MC and that I had a gallbladder infection and gallstones. They scheduled me for surgery the next day.
    So, we waited the two cycles the doctor recommended plus some extra time to get the insurance situation worked out now that we both had jobs. And, now we are trying. I keep reassuring myself b/c I know I CAN get pregnant, it's just a matter of when.
    I'm so impatient and my husband and I just got into an argument over this. I kind of feel like I'm going through it alone b/c he doesn't react much when I tell him AF came. It was so nice to find these forums and see how similar other women's feelings are...so thanks for that.
    Atm, I'm just trying to figure out my ovulation cycle. I'm doing the temp thing and am starting to chart. From what I've seen so far I have a feeling I don't ovulate at what would be the "normal" time even though my cycles are very regular.
    Anyways, sorry for the long intro, but that's my story. Looking forward to talking

Btw...is there a sticky or post somewhere that explains all the prego lingo/acrynyms? I've figured out some, but some are still stumping me

judi71 Guest

Red face

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Judi

How did you come up with your username? My name is Judy but I like Judi with an "i" better and 71 is my birth year. Not too originally I know....

How long have you been TTC? almost a year

How did you find out about APA? I did a web search for conception and sperm... LOL!!!

Anything else you'd like to add? I do have three daughters 19, 13 and 12 but I want more babies. Had my tubes clamped 11 years ago. Last year had then opened. Only one is working but I have faith!!!

Blog Entries

Smile Hello!

What is your name?
    Jess

How did you come up with your user name?
    It's part of my first and last names

How long have you been trying to conceive?
    Waiting to try for 18 months - trying four months.

I did a search awhile ago and found APA. I eventualy found this discussion board.

My DH and I have been married almost five years and he's finishing up grad school sometime this year. We've waited to TTC until he was approaching graduation and for my health to improve. Once we do have children, I plan to be a stay at home mom.

C_Spam Guest

Default New to APA; TTC

C_Spam

since March 2008

Google Search

TTC and over 35; m/c at 6.5 wks in May 08, now trying again.

HederHiggs Guest

Default hi

hey I'm a returning TTCer I haven't been at this in about 3 years so I'm a little out of practice with the charting and all of that good stuff ...but we just recently decided to try for baby #3 I can't wait I'm hoping for a girl b/c that's my dream to have a little girl to dress up and fix her hair.

Heather

since last thursday Aug 31

can't remember been on and off of here for several years

Can't wiat to get preggo
    Last edited by HederHiggs; 08-04-2008 at 05:58 PM.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?DeEtta

How did you come up with your username? It means pretty young thing, one of my favorite songs and I am a pretty young thing. 1980 is the year I was born

How long have you been TTC? I had my IUD removed on July 25

How did you find out about APA? Chating on another board

Anything else you'd like to add? Can't wait to meet everybody!

KareBear Guest

What is your name? Karin aka Kare Bear

How did you come up with your username? My husband calls me this. He is a sweetie, we've been together 5 yrs, been married for 3.5.

How long have you been TTC? It will be 2 years this Sept.

How did you find out about APA? An acquaintance who is also TTC.

Anything else you'd like to add? It's nice to find a place to get more information and meet others in similar situations. It can be frustrating. I really hope to be a Mom someday Thanks!
    Last edited by KareBear; 08-05-2008 at 11:08 PM.