Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Summer

How did you come up with your username? It is my name and age

How long have you been TTC? 2 months

How did you find out about APA? Google.

Anjillybean Guest

Default Hello All :)

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Jill. I'm 27 and from Illinois.

How did you come up with your username? My username is a combination of nicknames given to me.

How long have you been TTC? 5 years.

How did you find out about APA? Goog Search.

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm looking forward to meeting everyone.

3. Default

Name: Nicki
    Username: recurring nickname
    TTC: 2 months (serious newbies)
    APA: google
    Add: Thanks everyone for answering questions that have prob'ly been asked 600x. It is such a help. Plus, fertility friend can be confusing, love the feedback and stalkers!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kristen

How did you come up with your username? My first name and husbands first name and the year we got married.

How long have you been TTC? 3 years

How did you find out about APA? search for infertility support groups

Anything else you'd like to add? I had my 4th IUI on November 12, 2007. Received a BFN this AM. I go for Beta tomorrow.[/b]
    Me(43)DH(47) M/C 7/4/07 Ectopic 4/8/08 Fostering since 8/09
    9/09-6/2011 FS and FD reunification
    4/2012-6/2013 FS and FD reunification
    6/2013-Forever Adopting FS on 8/7/2014

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Nicole, and I am pretty happy with people calling me...Nicole. (Go figure!)

How did you come up with your username? Because everyone I know is pregnant and all I have been saying for the last, I dunno 1.5 years is why not me? I am a good person! ;)

How long have you been TTC? Around a year and a half. (sorta, we have been not focusing on it, just saying if it happens great. But lately just been really focusing on it.)

How did you find out about APA? Just searching on google.com for advice on getting pregnant and support groups.

Anything else you'd like to add? My husband has a Glioblastoma brain tumor and has had treatment for it. He has a daughter from a previous marriage so I know it is possible. Just not sure if he still can. I realize I need to go see a doctor, just scared to hear the answer of, "it isn't possible". Everyone around me is having a baby, and so I am just sad now. Found myself crying nonstop for a while in my room on Thanksgiving. My cousin (who is pretty much my best friend/sister) told me she was pregnant with her third. And they just started to try in October..and she is already 5 weeks pregnant. I am happy for her, but I was sooooo depressed. Okay, well that is me in a very small nutshell! thanks for listening/reading.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Pinky

How did you come up with your username? Well, I had a hair dye accident many many years ago and I guess nobody has ever let me forget it

How long have you been TTC? This is cycle 4, but until this cycle we were using the "how hard can it be?" approach of no b/c. Then I read Taking Charge of Your Fertility and here I am.

How did you find out about APA? Google!! And I've been lurking for a few months. What a great and supportive place!

Anything else you'd like to add? I'm 30 and DH is 35. We are trying for baby #1. I had a pg at 20 (m/c - 8w). I'm a total newb at charting and I will probably have some questions!
    DS1: 08/18/08
    DS2: 05/30/12
    Baby Girl due in May!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Shannon

How did you come up with your username? I'm so excited, scared and everytime I tell people we are TTC I have a little voice that screams AHHHHH in my head. I love my husband, he is my best friend and for us it's 'babytime'!!!

How long have you been TTC? Just stopped taking BC last month. Starting to chart next month

How did you find out about APA? Researching pregnancy.

I'd like to add, I think APA is awesome! I've learned so much in the last few weeks and I love knowing that I have a built in support network!!

What is your name (or what you'd like to be called)? Kelly

How did you come up with your username? Pretty self explainitory, but I was just re-married in Aug, and my husband and I decided it would be nice to have "just 1 more".

How long have you been TTC? Not quite a month

How did you find out about APA? Google search on ovulation

Anything to add? Kinda affraid that it's going to be a difficult task since hubby is "older", and I've had endo.

Default new

I'm Sabrina, my username is my new last name along with my wedding date, October 31st. DH and I just started ttc about 3 weeks ago. I googled how long it should be til you start your period after stopping birthcontrol. I just hope that this site gives me some helpful advice on conceiveing soon.

EMTPrincess Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Janelle

How did you come up with your username? used to work as an EMT...DH calls me his princess

How long have you been TTC? ~7 months

How did you find out about APA? search engine after MC in June

Anything else you'd like to add? umm, thunder is loud? idk....lol

Gigi Guest

Default Introduction

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Gigi

How did you come up with your username? Short for Gisela

How long have you been TTC? ~2 months

How did you find out about APA? Friend

Anything else you'd like to add? My Dh and I can't wait to be parents.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Janelle, I'm 28 and I live in Michigan

How did you come up with your username? My best friend used to call be Giggles and occasionally people will call me Nell so I just kind of mashed them together

How long have you been TTC? Since August 2006. We had a miscarriage in February 2007 at about 7 weeks. After that it took us three more cycles for another BFP but had another m/c at 5 weeks in August.

How did you find out about APA? I was googling pregnancy loss support after my first miscarriage

Anything else you'd like to add?
    I have recently started to chart in an effort to take more charge of my fertility. I have had the full spectrum of recurrent miscarriage tests and there were no major problems. I had a hysteroscopy and endo-biopsy about three weeks ago and the results showed I didn't ovulate my last cycle. OB had be take Clomid this cycle days 4-8 and I go for a follicle ultrasound on December 10th.
    [/URL]

dx05 Guest

Default I am new here

Hi,

I'd very much like to get help with some pregancy related questions.
    I found this forum is a great support group.

My name is daniella.
    I know this site by googling pregancy related key words.
    I had abortion 11/08/07 while I was not ready. Now I am married with the same man and ready to have child. We have tried for 8 months. I am 39, my DH is 37. I have minimal menstrual flow now, which might be due to scar tissue from abortion. Do you know whether scar tissue in fallopian tube or the uterus can occude the chance of getting pregnant? I just had my first doctor visit, she said I have a lot of eggs.

I regret tremendously of having an abortion. and now scared of no chance to have babies with my DH.
    Please help!

-Daniella

julz5272003 Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Julie - Julz is good

How did you come up with your username? it's my email addy without the @ _________ . com

How long have you been TTC? 34 cycles this cycle

How did you find out about APA? I was searching for TTC forum to get support. The mommy board I am on there aren't many who are TTC.

Anything else you'd like to add? I was dx with PCOS/IR back in 1998 and advised after many complications not to TTC #2. What do the dr.s know. God's in control.

bkh777 Guest

Default Re: Sign The Welcome Mat

[quote="psilence"]We've been having a wave of new members so lets throw out the welcome mat. We are glad your here and looking forward to knowing you better. If your new at TTCing (Trying to conceive) then check out the Newbie TTCers section. If you have been TCCing for over 6 months then check out Veteran TTCers. Please don't feel like your being restricted, your free to roam through any sections.

With that said, let's re-introduce ourselves. :mrgreen:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[color=red][b]What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Kate. How did you come up with your username? I'm boring, just used a monogram. B for BJ (my husband), K for me, and H for our last name. The 777 is for the day we got married
    How long have you been TTC? For a couple of weeks, we're newbies!
    How did you find out about APA? Was doing a search for ovulation calculators and APA came up, very glad that it did!
    Is there anyway someone could give me a rundown on all of the abbreviations and their meanings? I feel like the new kid at school who doesn't know all the secrets yet!! :oops:

Welcome! There is a rundown on the Getting Started page. Here's a couple common ones to get you starts:

BD = baby dance (sex)
    AF = aunt flo (period)
    TTC = trying to conceive
    DH/DS/DD = dear husband, dear son, dear daughter
    O = ovulate / ovulation

Good luck!
    BFP 8/6/08! Brailey was born 4/4/09!

bkh777 Guest

Thank you so much!

BabyHopes2008 Guest

What is your name (or name you like to be called)? Missy

How did you come up with your username? Well I am hoping for a baby in 2008!!

How long have you been TTC? 14 months (since Oct 06)

How did you find out about APA? GOOGLE of course. I was searching for early pregnancy symptoms a few months ago but never noticed the forums until the other day and decided that it would be nice to join and chat with women who are going through the exact same things I am.

Anything else you'd like to add? I just started charting on my Aug cycle and I still have a lot to learn about the interpretation of it. Our bodies are very complex and confusing and I hope to learn a lot from you ladies.

DH has a low sperm count so we are dealing with that slowly. Naturally, he doesn't really want to discuss it but he is getting better as the months go by (we just found out in sept). I am 27 and DH is 31 and we are TTC #1.

Default Hello ladies

Hello ladies!
    I'm Morgan. Its nice to meet you! I look forward getting to know all of you! My husband and I have been TTC for 8 months. I can't wait to POAS!! I need to wait at least another week but its killing me!! I am 21 and my DH is 25. My DH's work brought us to England, we are enjoying our time overseas. I found APA while doing a google search and here I am, well after I read a lot of posts first!!

Morgan

wannaBmomma-
    Welcome to the forums! I'm sure you'll learn a ton here. England sounds great!
    BFP 8/6/08! Brailey was born 4/4/09!

Anxious4BabyNumber2 Guest

Default New to APA

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Desiree

How did you come up with your username? Explains my situation, I can't wait to have baby number 2!!!!!!!!

How long have you been TTC? 6 months

How did you find out about APA? I was googleing Angus Castus to help with infertility....

Anything else you'd like to add? I CANNOT WAIT to get pregnant, I had my daughter when I was 17, she is now 8. I recently married and have the greatest husband and just graduated from nursing school!!! I feared that now that I am really ready to have more kids that it would prove to be much harder to concieve than it was when I unexpectedly concieved my daughter. I know that I have not been trying for long, I'm just so anxious to start to build my family =) I wish everyone luck!!

By the way has anyone used Angus Castus and been successful in concieving?

Desiree

Welcome, Desiree!
    I haven't tried Angus Castus, but will look it up.
    Good luck to you!

Default I like these forums!

[quote="psilence
    [color=red]What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?

Atara

How did you come up with your username?

It is the Hebrew version of my English name.

How long have you been TTC?
    Today is day 1 officially! No no pill pack!

How did you find out about APA?
    surfing.

[/color]

I am very very very excited! I am 34 years old. It will be our first.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

24. Default

Hi my name is DeLane, I am a married 25 year old female that is TTC for the first time with my husband of 5 years. My name is DeLane and that is why I used it as my screenname and it is one less thing to remember Today will be day 3 of TTC, so I am new at this. I am wanting to chart but very confused, when surfing the net for answers I stumbled on this site and I think I am here to stay.

25. Default

welcome DeLane - can i suggest you start charting your temps etc - get your self a BBT thermometer & join on www.fertilityfriend.com (theres a free trial period) - go through their education program & you'll be right mate.

Good luck
    Aussie Family - Me (Suzie 44), DH (49), DD (6) & now DS too

26. Default

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Katie, Im a 25 yr old mom of one (two if you want to get technical I gave one up for adoption in college at 19) girl

How did you come up with your username? My daughter's name is Molly

How long have you been TTC? been trying since my IUD came out 10/07

How did you find out about APA? looking up information on possible implantation bleeding (just AF gearing up)

Anything else you'd like to add? glad to be here! its super nice to have a support group of women who are all having phantom symptoms and not knowing what to do! DH is not very supportive and can't understand why I dont just have lots of sex with him and not think about the fact that we are trying to have a baby until I dont get my period for a few months!
    Katie(26) & Greg(25), DD Molly born 10/9/06

welcome... men can be so nieve.. my dh is not the biggest fan of "disscussion" either.....

he just wants to know if af starts... and as soon as its over....lol
    Talyor (8-9-01) Kadyn (12-2-02) Connor (4-21-05) Shaelyn (5-29-10) (1-5-10)

kcrayne Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kathryn

How did you come up with your username? My first initial and last name(maiden name, recently married and havent changed yet...habbit I guess)

How long have you been TTC? 1-2 months

How did you find out about APA? a friend

Anything else you'd like to add? just looking for women to talk to about my experience, and maybe some advice

welcome!!!
    Talyor (8-9-01) Kadyn (12-2-02) Connor (4-21-05) Shaelyn (5-29-10) (1-5-10)

Default Re: Sign The Welcome Mat

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Stephanie.

How did you come up with your username? It is a nickname my DH gave me.

How long have you been TTC? 2 months

How did you find out about APA? Google

Anything else you'd like to add? My DH and I are 33. We have been married a little over a year and we are TTC our first child. I have been lurking here for a month and have been amazed by how much I have learned. I plan to start charting with my next cycle.