Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

Default READ FIRST and Sign the Welcome Mat!

Hello members, and welcome to the TTC Frequently Asked Questions forum!

Please visit this forum to browse questions and answers that have been posted by other members, and to see if your question has already been answered. If you are new to the forums, or new to TTC and have a question to post that you cannot find an answer to, please post in in the TTC forum.

If you are not sure where to go to find your answers or post your questions, please pm a moderator.

*Sensitivity Reminder*
    It is super important that we all remember to refrain from saying things like "just relax" or "don't try so hard" to people who are ttc. We must be very sensitive to their struggles b/c making a baby isn't as easy for some or as fast as it is for others and saying things like that, though maybe well meaning - ends up being hurtful to the recipient. So please remember to think before you respond

Calendar Guidelines

In order to keep the calendar chaos-free, we have to ask that you limit your entries to birthdays, due dates and important anniversaries. Also keep in mind that any date you post is viewable by all members- it is not a personal calendar! Any events other than these will be pruned to prevent clutter. Thanks for understanding!

Siggy Guidelines
    We have talked quite a bit about siggies in the mod room and debated back and forth. The challenge is to not stifle creativity and fun, but at the same time prevent big siggies that take a lot of the page.

Your siggy has four lines. The intent is for:
    1 Text Line
    1 Pic Line
    2 Ticker lines

A siggy may only have 1 pic line. The pic line can have multiple pics in it going across, but it should not exceed 320 pixels high. This means those of you that have pics on top of each other will need to change them.

Ticker lines may be substituted for Text. For example, you might have a name, DSO, and DD line and you might have a quote line.

The primary focus of these guidelines is to focus on the use of pictures. Pictures should be no more than 320 pixels high and no longer stacked on top of each other.

Please make the changes now, so that mods don't have to ask.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** **

We've been having a wave of new members so lets throw out the welcome mat. We are glad your here and looking forward to knowing you better. If your new at TTCing (Trying to conceive) then check out the Newbie TTCers section. If you have been TCCing for over 6 months then check out Veteran TTCers. Please don't feel like your being restricted, your free to roam through any sections.

With that said, let's re-introduce ourselves. :mrgreen:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)?

How did you come up with your username?

How long have you been TTC?

How did you find out about APA?

Anything else you'd like to add?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is your name? Nicola

How did you come up with your username? [edited]

How long have you been TTC? 6 months

How did you find out about APA? Googled looking for answers and this was one of the sites that came up.

Anything else you'd like to add? I LOVE APA!! :mrgreen:
    Last edited by LilMama; 01-28-2010 at 07:36 PM.
    Nicola- I've been BOO'd!

[img][/img]

KCM0430 Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My real name is Kathleen, but whenever somebody calls me that, i feel like i am in trouble!!! I usually go by Katie!!

How did you come up with your username?: It is Katie, Caleb, and Mauricio and it is Caleb's birthday, April 30, 2004(0430)
    [/b]
    How long have you been TTC?: Since Aug. 2005

How did you find out about APA?: I was searching for help online and i put in "early pregnancy symptoms" and it was one of the links that popped up.

Anything else you'd like to add?I also love APA!!!

What other questions would you like to add?
    Nicola- I've been BOO'd!

[img][/img]

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Lisa

How did you come up with your username? it's a mix of my name, my DH's name, and my DD's (from previous marriage) name
    How long have you been TTC? can't try yet-waiting for VR (scheduled 10/6/06)
    How did you find out about APA? Google search

Anything else you'd like to add? I am so relieved that soon I can ttc and I am so glad to be part of this forum!

cdbear_83 Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Cheri and I am 23 year old from Washington State

How did you come up with your username? It is a combination of two nicknames...cd is what my mom calls me for cheri diane and cherbear is what my grandma calls me. 83 is the year is was born

How long have you been TTC? Just started in September!

How did you find out about APA? I just did a google search on ttc

Anything else you'd like to add? Just that so far I think that you are all fantastic!

Kimmie Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Kimmie

How did you come up with your username? my nickname and DH's nickname

How long have you been TTC? 22 months with 5 losses

How did you find out about APA? I have been here over a year and think I was looking up Depo side effects and infertility.

Anything else you'd like to add? I hope all of you have a much faster and productive TTC venture than I have!!!

My name is Heather-I have been a ttc addict for 26 months now. I love apa!!! My screen name is momofone-standing for Mom of one child-not to be confused with mom o fone as some read it!
    Heather-36 , Dh-34, Ds-11, Dd-5 our IVF baby & Dd-3 our surprise baby. Expecting # 4 in January 2014!!

Kimmie Guest

not to be confused with mom o fone as some read it!
    NOOOOOO!!!!!! You are my mom-o-fone, Heather!!!!! Gawd I love you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by momofone
    My screen name is momofone-standing for Mom of one child-not to be confused with mom o fone as some read it!
    Even though you said this before, i still find myself saying mom o fone
    Nicola- I've been BOO'd!

[img][/img]

Melly is my screne name because my name is Melissa. My nick name is Mel. That works the best for me.

I have been TTC since January 06 with one loss.

I found APA when I was looking for what happens at a first appointment when you are pg and it also has a great explination of what fish is safe and what is not safe to eat.

I love all of you guys. This place is so nice because no one is judging me, telling me to relax, telling me I am baby obsessed. You all are the best.
    Mel

Default Re: The Welcome Mat

My name is Amber. I am 28 and my DH is 28 as well. We have a 13 month old daughter and I am totally in love with her! (My DH is great too )

My screen name was the first thing that came to my mind. I love my baby girl (well all babies actually!) and spend most of my time love'n her.

We have been TTC for a second for two months now.

I found APA when I was googling for an answer on how long you have to wait for a positive home preg. test to show up....I'm so impatient!!!

I love it here so far. I'm learning so much about my cycle etc..., and it is wonderful to have support. Everyone is so kind and helpful. I'll definitely be sticking around through TTC, my next pregnancy, and beyond. I'm anxious to get to know you all better too!

Kim 25, DH is Kyle 27

B/c at the time I was pregnant and I had "love in my belly" but that pregnancy ended in a loss, I contemplated changing my name but others said I shouldn't so it is now a belly waiting for love to be in it

Since my m/c in May of this year. So 4 months. But the last 2 are the ones where we have really tried. Right after the m/c we waited a month per dr.s orders and then slowly got back into it.

Searching for when a heart beat should be heard.

Love APA

I jsut saw that everyone is giving out their age.

Mel 31 DH 32
    Mel

Obiebaby Guest

I am Jennifer (25) DH is Tony (33)

Obie is part of my last name and got nicknamed Obie-Wan in Highschool, so that put together with baby (I am the baby of the family) = Obiebaby...

We are TTC our first child. I have been off BC since Feb 06 and actually trying since July.

I was searching early pregnancy symptoms and found it by accident and very glad I did. You all have honestly changed my life.

Good Luck and Baby Dust to everyone!

lizzy01 Guest

My name is Elizabeth and my friends call me liz lizzy01 my dh and i were married in 2001! We have been ttc since aug of 05 with a loss in april of 06 (i was 6weeks) I googled pregnancy loss and found this site! thank goodness you girls have definately helped me get through it all I love the ttc forum b/c I have learned so much from all of you!

My name is Kelly, I'm 25, soon to be 26 on October 30. My DH is Brian, and we have been married for 2 years in July.

My mom calls me Kell, and my best friend Alexis calls KellBell.

Since January

Googles it when I was looking for pregnancy symptoms...like everyone else!!!!

Um....I am a preschool teacher, so I'm blessed to be around little ones all day long. They fullfill my life, and I want one of my own to make life even better and more special. I pray every night for each of you girls, woman, chicas....you are the best group to come to for advice. BABY DUST TO ALL!!!

foreverbeautiful Guest

Name: Jessie but everyone calls me jess i have a dd she is turning 5 in october I am turning 24 and dh (not married yet so do i call him db? lol) is mike and he is 33 we have been together 4 yearsish (is that a word?)

How did I come up with my user name: A mix of everything we are christian and Jesus is forever beautiful, just as my child will be always no matter what she does My friend at christianity.com always called me foreverbeautiful in the chat he said it reflected my personality (I usually didn't chat during PMS..lol)

How long at TTC: Actually I am not really ttcing....make any sense? I dont' believe in b/c because of so many side effects and i always forget to take the silly little pill. So my doctor suggested natural family planning, only doing it the opposite, not that mike and i would be upset if i did get pg we would be so happy just as you all. I started charting in September 06 and then became so interested and one day up popped this on google and here i am glad I am here....this is an awesome place to learn about so much i didn't know about before!

Oh.....hmm ok well i answered the next question (how long at apa) above.

Anything else you would like to add? : well I think this is long enough already don't you? :roll:

smc Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Stephanie or Steph, either works

How did you come up with your username? SMC or Stephanie Marie C-------- (sorry, no last name)

How long have you been TTC? we're not really TTC nor are we waiting, its more of a NPP thing

How did you find out about APA? i was looking for information after a m/c and this was the first google answer

Anything else you'd like to add? I float between the different rooms... mostly you can find me in random and general, but as dec/jan approach, i get to be in here with you all full time!!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Jennifer, and I'm 27. DH (Ty) is 28.

How did you come up with your username? I am a special education teacher for Kdg-2nd grade. I have 17 wonderful kiddos.

How long have you been TTC? I went off BC after 7 years in December; we weren't TTC until June, but NPP since Dec. Now we're working on #1.

How did you find out about APA? I did a google search about ovulation.

Anything else you'd like to add? I enjoy asking my pg and TTC questions to a bunch of "strangers" rather than face-to-face with my friends/coworkers. It's amazing how you all have become more than "strangers," and I've come to rely on your wisdom and postive words. NOW...I'm going to try and go off to bed (again...I couldn't sleep).
    ~Jennifer

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Ashley

How did you come up with your username? It's my name! I couldn't think of anything different!

How long have you been TTC? 2 months

How did you find out about APA? searching the Net! b/c I thought I was preggo!

Anything else you'd like to add? APA is my daily fix!!!

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? My name is Sadette. I'm 34yrs old.

How did you come up with your username? My name means Ocean in my language.

How long have you been TTC? Unknowingly-2yrs. Realized something was wrong-9mths.

How did you find out about APA? Searched 'pregnancy' and bingo...APA!

Anything else you'd like to add? I don't think I could've met a nicer bunch of strangers!! You girls are wonderful! Best wishes, Baby Dust and BFP's to all of us!

~*Held together with duct-tape,wire and bubblegum!~*

thisisit Guest

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Stacy

How did you come up with your username? That what i say to dh every month

How long have you been TTC? 6 months

How did you find out about APA? was just looking for any kind or info

Anything else you'd like to add? I think everyone here is great and I can't wait to be able to join another room....like in the "due in" rooms

Kim ---- 'K' is fine too...not that it's much shorter.

it's my first initial + part of my last name + date DH and I got married
    K - Will - 513

5 months

just lucky! I was doing some research about pregnancy and just wandered into this site! I was blessed!!!

I am 32, DH is 41...I have one DD, McKenna, she will be 5 Dec 6th. I love APA. I couldn't ask for better virtual friends than the ones I have made here. Nothing is too gross, too silly or too complicated that you can't find the answer from someone - and even if we don't have the answer, we have nothing but encouraging words for each other. I think it's fascinating (and comforting) that so many of us have so much in common whether it be symptoms, hobbies or POAS! Thanks again APA - I couldn't make it through this without you.
    Kim

foreverbeautiful Guest

Welcome everyone this is kinda a nice way to get to know each other all a bit better too eh?

msbluetree Guest

Default Re: Sign The Welcome Mat

Last edited by msbluetree; 01-04-2009 at 08:56 PM.

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Anna

How did you come up with your username? I have always been called Anna Banana

How long have you been TTC? 3 months

How did you find out about APA? browsing

Anything else you'd like to add? Sending baby dust to everyone!

I guess I can add that I'm 31 and my DH is 31.

I also was on the pill for 16 years and just got off of it in July!

I am Stacy (31) DBF is Scott (35)

Catwmandu - Mixture of things... I was having trouble finding an untaken yahoo nickname. I love cats, and came up with Catwmandu (Cat Woman Do)

We've been NPP since July.

I was searching early pregnancy symptoms.

I am glad that I found this site and have learned how to better understand my body. Thanks everyone!
    Stacy, Scott, Corinne (9/07), Gabriel (9/09), 4 cats and a dog

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Shannon I am 30 dh David is 31 we will have been married 1 year on October 28th

How did you come up with your username? It is my real name

How long have you been TTC? 1 year

How did you find out about APA? looking for early pregnancy symptoms.

Anything else you'd like to add? naw

30. Default

What is your name (or a name you'd like to be called)? Emma, my dh is Rich....we've been married just over 2 years!!!!!

How did you come up with your username? "wewantababy"...I think it explains itself!

How long have you been TTC? 20 months

How did you find out about APA? just serfing the net for ttc forums

Anything else you'd like to add? my husband is in the Coast guard...I AM A PROUD MILITARY WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Semper Paratus!!!
    I'm Emma. Struggled to get pregnant for 3 years with our DD Adrianna (June 4,2008) Our oldest Son, Jake was born June 18,2009. And our new baby boy, Nicholas, was born August 23rd 2011!