Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 372

Thread: PCOS Thread

  1. #241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by livliv View Post
    Okay ladies..it has been a while since I have been on. I am on Metformin now (1500 mg) and clomid 50mg cd3-7. ITA with everyone on the way Metformin makes you feel but with controling my food, it has helped. Dr. put me on progesterone to try and get AF to come and it is 8 days since my last pill and still no AF. I did a Preg. test prior to taking the progesterone and it was neg. I am not sure why I have not started AF. DH and I are so ready for our dream. DH tested great. I just wish we could figure out the right mixture!! Does anyone have any advice for me? Thanks ladies and good luck to you all!
    Hey there!

    My RE said it can take 2 weeks from the end of taking progesterone to actually starting dear AF. Hopefully it won't take as long for you!
    John(36)&Sam(30) TTC#1 (8/07) after ectopic loss: 2nd IUI done 10/13/08
    :prayraying for Angela's (hopesanddreams) and Kristen's (babyhopesTTC#1) October BFP!!!


  2. #242

    Cool My Story

    So I believe it started off when I was younger and decided to start the DEPO. I was on it for 3 years and decided to get off and do the patch instead.

    I had forgot my patch a couple times and wasn't getting my period. At first I thought I was preg...nope. I went without one for about a year mentioning it to doctors who never said anything so I figured it wasn't a big deal.

    I finally got a doctor that wanted to help me figure out what was going on instead of disgising it with more birth control. After quite a few tests he diagnosed me with PCOS. That was 3 years ago.

    I have been on metform...made me very sick. So I won't take that anymore. I finally got a referal to a good doctor to help me out.

    Right now I am currently on Provera and Clomid. I just started the first round (still on 50mg Clomid) and hoping for the best. And yes it has actually taken me 3 years to get to that point.

    If anyone has any good baby making tips for PCOS...please share!!!
    Rachael, Jon (DH), & Jaron (DS)


    Facebook

  3. #243

    Default

    The abbriviations thing realy helps...I was getting confused!!
    THZ!!!!
    Last edited by Reicheru; 08-23-2008 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Explain
    Rachael, Jon (DH), & Jaron (DS)


    Facebook

  4. #244

    Default Any luch with pcos, metformin, and clomid?

    I am already on metformin... I have had regular periods, but was diagnosed with PCOS... we have been TTC for 3 years now, and I have my next appt on Oct. 23 and will be given clomid. I was just looking for advice, stories and a glimpse of hope about those who have had a successful run with the combination of metformin and CLOMID!!!

    I hope and pray for our blessings each and everynight!!!

    best wishes for us all!

  5. #245

    Default

    Just saying welcome to all the new gals here! I will try to catch up with your postings tonight!

    I hope your stay here in TTC is short and you move to expecting soon!

    Michelle


  6. #246

    Default

    Sorry for the delayed response. Thank you Kristen, AF showed on Sunday. I am really hoping that this new combination works. I have heard people have good luck with Metformin and Clomid combo. We will see. I am telling you, Metformin is tough to take so it better work!

    I know I saw an earlier post on insurance benefits. I work for the government and dh is a teacher and we hav no infertility coverage. I have learned to use my gyn until he can no longer assist us. The down side is that you really have to kind of moniter yourself. We spent a TON of money on the RE and decided to try the basic treatment with our gyn. I do think it is crazy how much all of these treatments cost. I think it is even more crazy how much adoption is, if we have to go that route.

    Well thanks again for all your help and wish all you ladies the best of luck this month for your BFP"s!!!

    TTC since 08/06
    Cheryl- 34 Nick-32
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3f4f0a

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Hi everyone
    Not sure if I belong in this thread or not. PCOS is a VERY new term to me, so I just had some questions about it.

    A little background on me. I was on Depo for many years, had my last shot in October '07. Been TTC since then. I have wacky irregular periods with no sign of ovulation, battling with my weight, hair growth on neck and a little on chin, and acne. My blood pressure is fine.

    As others have mentioned, I was battling all these symptoms thinking they were either A) related to the Depo, or B) independently irritating issues. Then I read an article in a magazine that listed all these symptoms as related to PCOS and I was floored!

    So my questions are:
    - Does it sound probable that I have PCOS?
    - Is weight gain caused by PCOS? or is PCOS caused by weight gain? And does PCOS make it harder to loose weight?
    - Could all these symptoms be caused by Depo and not PCOS, even though I have been off the shot for this long?
    - Is BC, specifically Depo known to cause, or be related to getting PCOS?

    My husband just changed jobs, so our new insurance doesn't kick in for another 3 months. Otherwise I would run into a doctor's office for testing tomorrow!
    Thanks so much!

  8. #248

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Hi everyone
    Not sure if I belong in this thread or not. PCOS is a VERY new term to me, so I just had some questions about it.

    A little background on me. I was on Depo for many years, had my last shot in October '07. Been TTC since then. I have wacky irregular periods with no sign of ovulation, battling with my weight, hair growth on neck and a little on chin, and acne. My blood pressure is fine.

    As others have mentioned, I was battling all these symptoms thinking they were either A) related to the Depo, or B) independently irritating issues. Then I read an article in a magazine that listed all these symptoms as related to PCOS and I was floored!

    So my questions are:
    - Does it sound probable that I have PCOS?
    - Is weight gain caused by PCOS? or is PCOS caused by weight gain? And does PCOS make it harder to loose weight?
    - Could all these symptoms be caused by Depo and not PCOS, even though I have been off the shot for this long?
    - Is BC, specifically Depo known to cause, or be related to getting PCOS?

    My husband just changed jobs, so our new insurance doesn't kick in for another 3 months. Otherwise I would run into a doctor's office for testing tomorrow!
    Thanks so much!
    Welcome! It certainly does sound like you could have PCOS. Of course the only way to know for sure is to have b/w drawn and an ultrasound. But to answer your other questions....

    - Is weight gain caused by PCOS? or is PCOS caused by weight gain? And does PCOS make it harder to loose weight? Typically the PCOS is what causes the wt problems (especially if you are insulin resistant). PCOS does make it harder to lose the wt, but with proper diet and exercise along side with the medication glucaphage it can help you lose wt (but talk to some of the other gals who have struggled with their wt). Sometimes this alone can help control the PCOS symptoms. There is no cure for PCOS.
    - Could all these symptoms be caused by Depo and not PCOS, even though I have been off the shot for this long? I know depo can cause problems with peoples wt. But I do not think that it can cause you to grow hair. When did you start getting acne? I never had problems with my skin until about 6 mos after I stopped taking BCP's.
    - Is BC, specifically Depo known to cause, or be related to getting PCOS
    Doctors do not really know what causes PCOS. They have proven that it can run in families (which is does run in mine). It is an endocrine disorder. Your body's hormones are basicially out of whack.

    Do you know if you are ovulating or not? The irregular periods can be caused from coming of the depo, but I would imagine that should have passed by now since it has been a year since you have had a shot.

    Most women with PCOS are anovulatory (they do not ovulate- O) or if they do O the follicles are not mature enough to be fertilized. Problems with insulin can cause women to produce more testosterone (where the acne and hair problems come from) which then in turn causes us to not O or not O well.

    How long ago did your DH start his new job? His old job legally has to cover you with health insurance for 30 days (make sure you ck with his old insurance first or your docs office). So if you still have time get your hiney to the doc and have some blood drawn! They need to look at your girly horomes (FSH, LH, E2), testosterone levels, a fasting blood glucose, and an Ha1C (that is the test that is able to see how well your sugars have been controlled).

    PM me if you have any other questions! I will do my best to answer them!

    And good luck!
    Michelle
    Last edited by Xevy; 08-30-2008 at 12:47 PM.


  9. #249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Hi everyone
    Not sure if I belong in this thread or not. PCOS is a VERY new term to me, so I just had some questions about it.

    A little background on me. I was on Depo for many years, had my last shot in October '07. Been TTC since then. I have wacky irregular periods with no sign of ovulation, battling with my weight, hair growth on neck and a little on chin, and acne. My blood pressure is fine.

    As others have mentioned, I was battling all these symptoms thinking they were either A) related to the Depo, or B) independently irritating issues. Then I read an article in a magazine that listed all these symptoms as related to PCOS and I was floored!

    So my questions are:
    - Does it sound probable that I have PCOS?
    - Is weight gain caused by PCOS? or is PCOS caused by weight gain? And does PCOS make it harder to loose weight?
    - Could all these symptoms be caused by Depo and not PCOS, even though I have been off the shot for this long?
    - Is BC, specifically Depo known to cause, or be related to getting PCOS?

    My husband just changed jobs, so our new insurance doesn't kick in for another 3 months. Otherwise I would run into a doctor's office for testing tomorrow!
    Thanks so much!
    I was on the depo as well for a couple of years and when I got off it I never got AF. I was diagnosed with PCOS about 2 years later. I did get irregular hair growth, acne, and weight gain. I am also insulin resistant. Deffinatly go to your doc and tell them your symptoms. They would be able to make a better diagnosis and know for sure. Good luck!!
    Rachael, Jon (DH), & Jaron (DS)


    Facebook

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Thank you so much Michelle!

    Yes, I am the same with acne. No problems with acne during teenage years, and then several months after ending BC, it got crazy! No matter how often I wash my face or what products I use.

    I don't know if I am Oing or not. I haven't been temping. But I am always dry, no CM. Periods are sporadic and bleeding is medium flow for 2 days then stops completely. (I should fix my ticker, btw, its not even accurate) I've never had a positive OPK, but then I haven't been temping so its always been a shot in the dark when I do test.

    DH thinks that I'm not being patient enough and that all the symptoms are from Depo. He basically insinuated that I am looking for something to be wrong because I want to conceive so badly and it hasn't happened yet. But after reading that article on PCOS it just really hit home how many of the symptoms I have, how much I matched everything it talked about. And I wasn't even trying to look up problems! The article just happened to be in a Real Simple magazine, of all places. Not even related to TTC. *sigh*

    DH quit his old job on Aug 16, so if coverage is for 30 days then we are still covered. However, I think we had a $500 deductible, so we might have to pay everything out of pocket anyway. I need to see what kind of insurance his new job has and if it has better coverage.

    In any case, its good to know I'm not just being paranoid, that this is something that could very well be happening. I would rather know what is going on, even if its bad, than be clueless. And I'm really glad I have a place like this with knowledgeable and supportive women to talk to!

  11. #251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Hi everyone
    Not sure if I belong in this thread or not. PCOS is a VERY new term to me, so I just had some questions about it.

    A little background on me. I was on Depo for many years, had my last shot in October '07. Been TTC since then. I have wacky irregular periods with no sign of ovulation, battling with my weight, hair growth on neck and a little on chin, and acne. My blood pressure is fine.

    As others have mentioned, I was battling all these symptoms thinking they were either A) related to the Depo, or B) independently irritating issues. Then I read an article in a magazine that listed all these symptoms as related to PCOS and I was floored!

    So my questions are:
    - Does it sound probable that I have PCOS?
    - Is weight gain caused by PCOS? or is PCOS caused by weight gain? And does PCOS make it harder to loose weight?
    - Could all these symptoms be caused by Depo and not PCOS, even though I have been off the shot for this long?
    - Is BC, specifically Depo known to cause, or be related to getting PCOS?

    My husband just changed jobs, so our new insurance doesn't kick in for another 3 months. Otherwise I would run into a doctor's office for testing tomorrow!
    Thanks so much!
    Hi, I am new to this also, but was diagnosed w/PCOS in March of this year by my ob/gyn. I have had weight gain ever since an ectopic pregnancy in 2006, no AF without BC or provera, etc., acne, etc. But especially problems with the weight gain and difficulty losing weight. When dr got results of my bloodwork and ultrasound, he confirmed PCOS. (high levels of testosterone, my good cholesterol low, and bad chol. high, along w/the other symptoms I was having.) So you definitely sound like you belong here with us! It has to be frustrating to not be able to get tested right away to get some treatment when you're TTC. My dr. just started me on Metformin a few months ago, then i had to take provera, and now I am waiting to see if AF will come and I will O and things will get back on track. I have also had a 5-10% weight loss, which doc is hoping will help w/AF and O also. W/the Metformin and some diet changes, like cutting down on my sweets and carbs it wasn't too hard to lose a little bit of weight. Hope you get things straightened out w/your husband's insurance, and good luck!
    Me-(25) diagnosed w/PCOS Feb. 2008, DH-(26) awaiting results of S/A, TTC #1 since 12/2006

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ael0806 View Post
    Hi, I am new to this also, but was diagnosed w/PCOS in March of this year by my ob/gyn. I have had weight gain ever since an ectopic pregnancy in 2006, no AF without BC or provera, etc., acne, etc. But especially problems with the weight gain and difficulty losing weight. When dr got results of my bloodwork and ultrasound, he confirmed PCOS. (high levels of testosterone, my good cholesterol low, and bad chol. high, along w/the other symptoms I was having.) So you definitely sound like you belong here with us! It has to be frustrating to not be able to get tested right away to get some treatment when you're TTC. My dr. just started me on Metformin a few months ago, then i had to take provera, and now I am waiting to see if AF will come and I will O and things will get back on track. I have also had a 5-10% weight loss, which doc is hoping will help w/AF and O also. W/the Metformin and some diet changes, like cutting down on my sweets and carbs it wasn't too hard to lose a little bit of weight. Hope you get things straightened out w/your husband's insurance, and good luck!
    How does provera help with PCOS? Have you had any side effects with the Metformin?
    Thank you for sharing your story, and good luck to you! I hope it all helps and you get a bfp soon!!

  13. #253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    How does provera help with PCOS? Have you had any side effects with the Metformin?
    Thank you for sharing your story, and good luck to you! I hope it all helps and you get a bfp soon!!
    Provera helps you O. I took Metformin as well but it made me extreamly sick so I won't take it anymore.
    Rachael, Jon (DH), & Jaron (DS)


    Facebook

  14. #254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    How does provera help with PCOS? Have you had any side effects with the Metformin?
    Thank you for sharing your story, and good luck to you! I hope it all helps and you get a bfp soon!!
    Yes, provera helps you O. I had been taking the metformin for about 2 months, and no AF, which the metformin is supposed to help regulate your cycles and make you O also, but it wasn't, I was just spotting and so my dr. gave me the provera, just once, to start AF. Now that I had AF and O w/the provera, I am continuing to take the metformin to see if I will start AF next month and O, and hopefully get back on track. If the metformin alone doesn't work, we will start clomid next..

    This is the second time I have started the metformin... the first time it made me horribly sick to my stomach so I quit taking it. Then a couple months later tried again and started with a lower dosage, worked my way up to the 1500 (500 3x/day). Then, especially after I joined here and found out about cutting out some sweets, not going so heavy on the carbs, etc. I haven't had any stomach problems at all, as long as I stick to it, and i've also lost some weight! So, the diet changes really helped me and I was able to tolerate the met. to continue taking it! Hope this helps some, good luck!
    Me-(25) diagnosed w/PCOS Feb. 2008, DH-(26) awaiting results of S/A, TTC #1 since 12/2006

  15. #255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    Thank you so much Michelle!

    Yes, I am the same with acne. No problems with acne during teenage years, and then several months after ending BC, it got crazy! No matter how often I wash my face or what products I use.

    I don't know if I am Oing or not. I haven't been temping. But I am always dry, no CM. Periods are sporadic and bleeding is medium flow for 2 days then stops completely. (I should fix my ticker, btw, its not even accurate) I've never had a positive OPK, but then I haven't been temping so its always been a shot in the dark when I do test.

    DH thinks that I'm not being patient enough and that all the symptoms are from Depo. He basically insinuated that I am looking for something to be wrong because I want to conceive so badly and it hasn't happened yet. But after reading that article on PCOS it just really hit home how many of the symptoms I have, how much I matched everything it talked about. And I wasn't even trying to look up problems! The article just happened to be in a Real Simple magazine, of all places. Not even related to TTC. *sigh*

    DH quit his old job on Aug 16, so if coverage is for 30 days then we are still covered. However, I think we had a $500 deductible, so we might have to pay everything out of pocket anyway. I need to see what kind of insurance his new job has and if it has better coverage.

    In any case, its good to know I'm not just being paranoid, that this is something that could very well be happening. I would rather know what is going on, even if its bad, than be clueless. And I'm really glad I have a place like this with knowledgeable and supportive women to talk to!
    You are so very welcome!

    You can read my parnoia story on the first post on this thread. I was right about my Dx. Even though I it took my what seemed like forever to finally get Dx correctly.

    I would check into your insurance for sure. Ya, you might as well wait if you have to fork out $$ anyway. But if your new insurance has a higher deductable it might be worth going to the doc now!

    Things that you can do now would be to start an excercise program, even if you just start walking daily then progress to jogging. Any activity is better than none. Also, not sure how much you are struggling with wt, but some of the gals on here have tried the South Beach Diet. Avoid simple sugars and watch the carbs you eat. I like my sweets so I have learned to eat sugar free Jello and pudding (DH hates it so I buy him the real stuff). Plus if you eat fresh fruit you can get the "good" sugar from that. I do not struggle with my wt, but worried that someday I will so I try to avoid fattening things. I do not drink pop and if I do it is caffiene and sugar free. I cannot have the caffiene with my blood pressure issues.

    Just ask the other girls around here about that stuff! Sometimes losing even 10 lbs can help regulate your cycles (at least that is what some of the literature I have read sayy).

    Good luck and keep us posted!


  16. #256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reicheru View Post
    Provera helps you O. I took Metformin as well but it made me extreamly sick so I won't take it anymore.
    Ask your doc to write a script for fordamet (name brand of metformin). It is more expensive, but you do not have the GI effects as you do with metformin!


  17. #257
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    It looks like I will be waiting until the new insurance kicks in, which isn't until Nov. 1. DH is still very hesitant with even talking about PCOS. I think he is just really hoping I don't have it. He is wanting to believe everything is fine.

    Thanks for all the advice and information! I have lost 25 lbs recently, and my periods for the last couple months have stabilized a little bit, even though I don't think I O'd. I will be getting stricter with my diet, and exercising more. Hopefully that will help, and get me jump started with managing it (if I actually do have it). Plus I will probably lurk around on this forum more! lol

    Thanks again girls!

  18. #258
    Banne78 Guest

    Default

    Quick question about PCOS:

    With PCOS is it just the irregular cycles that make it hard for you to conceive or are there other things with pcos that are preventing getting pg?
    Last edited by Banne78; 09-01-2008 at 02:27 PM.

  19. #259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Ask your doc to write a script for fordamet (name brand of metformin). It is more expensive, but you do not have the GI effects as you do with metformin!
    Thanks for the advice. My old doc wanted to give me that but since I am military they only have the metformin. They don't even carry the brand name anything at my pharmacy unless there is no off brand. They did give me all different strengths and even the extended release and nothing helped.
    Rachael, Jon (DH), & Jaron (DS)


    Facebook

  20. #260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC's wifey View Post
    It looks like I will be waiting until the new insurance kicks in, which isn't until Nov. 1. DH is still very hesitant with even talking about PCOS. I think he is just really hoping I don't have it. He is wanting to believe everything is fine.

    Thanks for all the advice and information! I have lost 25 lbs recently, and my periods for the last couple months have stabilized a little bit, even though I don't think I O'd. I will be getting stricter with my diet, and exercising more. Hopefully that will help, and get me jump started with managing it (if I actually do have it). Plus I will probably lurk around on this forum more! lol

    Thanks again girls!
    Congrats on the wt loss! My DH was the same way, but he listened to me and when we went to see the RE and he dx me with PCOS and he said I was right. DH just grinned. He never doubted I had something going on, but he like your DH does not want to think that something could be wrong.

    Keep up the good work and November will be here in no time. Have you made an appt yet? It would not hurt! Sometimes it can take weeks to get in, so I would make it ASAP!

    KUP!


  21. #261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Banne78 View Post
    Quick question about PCOS:

    With PCOS is it just the irregular cycles that make it hard for you to conceive or are there other things with pcos that are preventing getting pg?
    Both actually! The irregular cycles can cause you to be anovulatory in addition to your hormones being all wacka-do. Not making enough FSH to help follies mature (so you O late or not at all), too much insulin or messy insulin levels cause increase in male hormones which cause you to not ovulate. Of course these are all inter-related! Wacky hormones = irregular cycles.


  22. #262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reicheru View Post
    Thanks for the advice. My old doc wanted to give me that but since I am military they only have the metformin. They don't even carry the brand name anything at my pharmacy unless there is no off brand. They did give me all different strengths and even the extended release and nothing helped.
    DOH! Sorry You could always pay out of pocket and go off base to get it can't you?


  23. #263
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Just curious, but is low energy a symptom of PCOS also? DH always teases me for how much I sleep, but I can't ever seem to get enough! When I went on that diet and lost some weight, the other ladies were saying how much more energy they had, but I felt the same.

  24. #264
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    11,922

    Default

    Anyone?... Bueller? ....Bueller?

  25. #265

    Default

    I don't know if they count it as a symptom, but from the junkie hormones being crazy it can cause you to be more tired and not want to do much.


  26. Default

    I'll share my story. I've starting dating my DH back in 97. I actually moved to Oklahoma to be with him. Anyhow we were getting ready to go to a birthday party in Sept 02. I woke up that morning with cramps but, didn't think anything of it. I've always had irregular AF and thought the cramps were just AF showing up. I took something for the pain and went on about the day. We got everything in the car and made the trip to Texas for the party. The pain was getting worse and I didn't understand why. I never even thought I could be pregnant. Well needless to say after talking to both my mom and grandma I went to the hospital. Took a pg test and it was positive. Nurse came in the room and said well I hate to tell you that yes you are pg but, you are in the process of m/c as well. I had a DNC that night. My DH (DBF at the time) was with me the whole time being supportive. The doctor mentioned the cyst on my ovary but, didn't say anything else about it. I was clueless about PCOS or what it was. I had a follow up pap with the doc but, still never said one word about it.

    Sept 23rd, 04 I found out I was pregnant. I was extremely happy. All my sisters had children and I was the only one in my entire family without children. I called my mom and she was happy along with me. The next day I went to the health dept to confirm the home test. I started spotting that day. On the 25th I seen an OBGYN. Done a u/s no heartbeat. I don't remember how far along I was. The OBGYN had said if the pregnancy went ok she wouldn't do anything about the cyst yet. Well That night I went to the hospital and m/c. Went for a follow up u/s since the doctor that performed the DNC said not much came out. I know TMI. The u/s tech was the only to tell me about my bicornuate uterus. She was surprised I had been kept in the dark about it this whole time. My OBGYN did surgery in Nov 04 to remove the cyst. I was cut like a c-section so she could "look around". She as well didn't mention PCOS but, I wasn't thinking about it because I was still hurting over the m/c.

    An ex of mine is actually the one who brought PCOS up told me the symptoms which I fit almost everyone. I had the irregualr AF. Or AF that would last over a month. Which I got under control with BC. But, I stopped taking it because I was having bad headaches.

    Sept 2nd I found out I'm pregnant. Four years later and I'm slightly worried because it feels like history repeating itself. But, I'm seeing an OBGYN Tuesday. I didn't even know about Metiformin until seeing it on this site. So I'm very thankful. I will be bringing it up on Tuesday. I'm praying hard for this one. I'm also praying for all you wonderful women to get their BFP and HH 9 months to those who have. I wish I was sleeping right now :sleep: but, waking up at 2:30 to pee and then feeling like I'm starving has kept me awake.



  27. #267

    Default

    Thanks for sharing your story and I'll be praying that your little bean sticks this time. Warmest wishes for you.
    YO 28, DH 30 ~ TTC #1 since 10/07 ~ Hypo & PCOS
    On charting break!
    Praying for Ktover's & EJ's H&H 9 months!!

  28. #268
    HederHiggs Guest

    Default

    Last night in the ER i got diagnosed with this they said my ovaries were covered in cysts. Everytime i go off the pill to TTC i have these same symptoms so now i know why. I've never had regular cycle except when i'm on the pill so this explains a lot..i go to the doctor tuesday to get more info and treated

  29. #269

    Default

    Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I've been lurking around these boards for quite some time now but have never had the guts to post. My husband and I have been ttc for 5 months now with no luck. I missed my period for 3 months(and I have never missed a period before)so I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with PCOS last week after having a transvaginal ultrasound. I'm taking Metformin and Provera right now and hoping that I can start ovulating on my own again. Anyway, enough about me just looking forward to getting to know you all better.

  30. #270

    Default

    ........
    Last edited by Ready4mylilDuck!!; 02-22-2009 at 03:01 PM.
    Praying for Allison,Tasha,and all the STC ladies BFPS!!! PeanutButter Swirl Cheesecake Batter Housewife

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •