Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Thread

Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in here. I've been a lurker (sometimes post) for a year now. I was dx'd in March 2007, after a miscarriage and two years of STC on our own. We've done 8 cycles of fertility treatments, all failed. 4 clomid at increasing doses, the last with a trigger and IUI. Then on to 3 cycles of Follistim and IUI's. Aside from the infertility, I spent all of last year in denial that I have PCOS. It wasn't until I reached my heaviest weight ever, and I heard that a close friend of mine with PCOS was able to conceive naturally after loosing 60 lbs, that I finally realized I needed to face the music and take action. So, I've been on a TTC break since March 2008. In April I started changin my eating habits, and excersing, and have been able to loose 30 lbs.

Now it's time to get back into the game! My husband and I are going to check out a new RE on Wednesday. My current RE is nice, but I feel like another number to her. She mistreated me last cycle....she got me confused with another patient. It's time to move on.

I'm glad you formed a thread. I hope we can all move over and start a PCOS mommas thread.
    Shannon- 33 & DH/Dave- 40 TTC #1 since 5/2005
    10 Failed Cycles (3-Clomid, 1-Clomid,Trigger,IUI, 4-Follitim,Trigger,IUI, 2-IVF)
    Our Adoption Miracle! Matched 2/21/109 - Baby Due born 7/25/10!

Quote Originally Posted by shouston26 View Post
    Hope you ladies don't mind me jumping in here. I've been a lurker (sometimes post) for a year now. I was dx'd in March 2007, after a miscarriage and two years of STC on our own. We've done 8 cycles of fertility treatments, all failed. 4 clomid at increasing doses, the last with a trigger and IUI. Then on to 3 cycles of Follistim and IUI's. Aside from the infertility, I spent all of last year in denial that I have PCOS. It wasn't until I reached my heaviest weight ever, and I heard that a close friend of mine with PCOS was able to conceive naturally after loosing 60 lbs, that I finally realized I needed to face the music and take action. So, I've been on a TTC break since March 2008. In April I started changin my eating habits, and excersing, and have been able to loose 30 lbs.

Now it's time to get back into the game! My husband and I are going to check out a new RE on Wednesday. My current RE is nice, but I feel like another number to her. She mistreated me last cycle....she got me confused with another patient. It's time to move on.

I'm glad you formed a thread. I hope we can all move over and start a PCOS mommas thread.
    Welcome! Thank you for sharing your story! I hope your stay here is short and yes I cannot wait to start a PCOS momma thread! Woo-hoo! KUP on your appt! PS....ask about femara....this is a better drug for us PCOSers! Also ask about getting on glucaphage!

Good luck,
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by shouston26 View Post

to the group!

Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind me sharing my story...

So as soon as I started having periods I only had about 2 a year, I never thought anything about it though because my mother said she was irregular till she was 18. So around 17 I became sexually active and went on the pill which of course got my periods going. So when my DH and I got engaged in 2004 I decided to go off the pill.

Well I was off the pill for about 8 months and still no periods. I kept going to the doctor but they kept telling me it was normal to go awhile after going off the pill. Finally I switched OB's and after many blood tests and ultra-sounds I was diagnosed with PCOS, evidently I have a very severe case of it. So my doctor put me on Metformin, nothing. Then he put me on metformin and clomid and every month would up the dosage of clomid. When I finally got to the highest dose of clomid and nothing was happening he decided to refer me to a fertility clinic.

Anyway, right before we went through all the testing with the fertility clinic he called me and told me he wanted to try one more thing. So I went on the pill for a month to get my period and as soon as I got that I started the clomid (500 mg for 5 days ) then we started Gonal-F injections. I went in to the doctors everyday and we would do ultra-sounds every other day. By day 3 there was no growth so my OB said lets just do two more days and then stop. So day five we did another ultra-sound and to all our surprise there was the start of some growth!! So he told me to do three more days over the weekend and on Monday we would do another ultra-sound. So I gave myself the shots over the weekend and went in as told on Monday, when we did the US there were 3 developed follicles!!!!

So I took one more shot and went in the next day to get the trigger shot. After the trigger shot my doc said to go home and dtd all the next week. And about 10 days later I got my BFP!!!! I was so excited I called my doc right away and wanted to get in for a real test but of course they made me wait Well when I finally went in for my first pregnancy US my doctor was more than shocked to see 2 babies!! He was just trying to get me to ovulate, he didn't think I'd get prgnant on the first try. So to wrap up my very long story, I now have 2 beautiful babies that I adore. And even though my pregnancy didn't go the way I would have liked, I would do it all again for them!

Thanks for letting me share my story. I wish all you ladies lots of luck and fertility vibes and I'm sure I'll be back when I'm ready to do it all again!!
    Stay strong
    Kat 28 DH 31 TTC 2 Years w/ PCOS

Unhappy New to this whole thing

okay so I am new to this board, but not new to TTC. I have been with my husband for 9 years, married for 4 years, and TTC for 3 years. I was diagonsed with PCOS in Feb, so (5 months ago). Each day and each month that goes by it gets harder and harder to deal with the dissapointment. I am a 2nd grade teacher and have spent most of this summer being let down and full of heart break.

BTW: i have regular periods... i can tell you want day on the dot i will start, it has always been that way... so for me it makes it even harder for me to understand!!

what do you guys do to deal with the dissapointment??

just really sad lately!

best wishes to everyone---
    Last edited by woble27; 07-18-2008 at 01:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by katgirl View Post
    Hey ladies, I hope you don't mind me sharing my story...

So as soon as I started having periods I only had about 2 a year, I never thought anything about it though because my mother said she was irregular till she was 18. So around 17 I became sexually active and went on the pill which of course got my periods going. So when my DH and I got engaged in 2004 I decided to go off the pill.

Well I was off the pill for about 8 months and still no periods. I kept going to the doctor but they kept telling me it was normal to go awhile after going off the pill. Finally I switched OB's and after many blood tests and ultra-sounds I was diagnosed with PCOS, evidently I have a very severe case of it. So my doctor put me on Metformin, nothing. Then he put me on metformin and clomid and every month would up the dosage of clomid. When I finally got to the highest dose of clomid and nothing was happening he decided to refer me to a fertility clinic.

Anyway, right before we went through all the testing with the fertility clinic he called me and told me he wanted to try one more thing. So I went on the pill for a month to get my period and as soon as I got that I started the clomid (500 mg for 5 days ) then we started Gonal-F injections. I went in to the doctors everyday and we would do ultra-sounds every other day. By day 3 there was no growth so my OB said lets just do two more days and then stop. So day five we did another ultra-sound and to all our surprise there was the start of some growth!! So he told me to do three more days over the weekend and on Monday we would do another ultra-sound. So I gave myself the shots over the weekend and went in as told on Monday, when we did the US there were 3 developed follicles!!!!

So I took one more shot and went in the next day to get the trigger shot. After the trigger shot my doc said to go home and dtd all the next week. And about 10 days later I got my BFP!!!! I was so excited I called my doc right away and wanted to get in for a real test but of course they made me wait Well when I finally went in for my first pregnancy US my doctor was more than shocked to see 2 babies!! He was just trying to get me to ovulate, he didn't think I'd get prgnant on the first try. So to wrap up my very long story, I now have 2 beautiful babies that I adore. And even though my pregnancy didn't go the way I would have liked, I would do it all again for them!

Thanks for letting me share my story. I wish all you ladies lots of luck and fertility vibes and I'm sure I'll be back when I'm ready to do it all again!!
    Stay strong
    Wow! Welcome to the group! Thanks for sharing your story.

Quote Originally Posted by woble27 View Post
    okay so I am new to this board, but not new to TTC. I have been with my husband for 9 years, married for 4 years, and TTC for 3 years. I was diagonsed with PCOS in Feb, so (5 months ago). Each day and each month that goes by it gets harder and harder to deal with the dissapointment. I am a 2nd grade teacher and have spent most of this summer being let down and full of heart break.

BTW: i have regular periods... i can tell you want day on the dot i will start, it has always been that way... so for me it makes it even harder for me to understand!!

what do you guys do to deal with the dissapointment??

just really sad lately!

best wishes to everyone---
    Welcome to the group. Everyone deals with the disappointment differently. I find just reading through the posts here at APA helps. There are so many women who have had horrible/lengthy experiences and have remained positive, so I try to model their strength and hope. Keeping hope and faith is truly important. Remember that when it does happen for you, you will love and cherish that child more than maybe the average mother because of the trials to become a mother. I am also a teacher and I know the desire to get pregnant during the summer is high, at least for me, so that I can take maternity time at the end of the school year and extend it into the summer. Hang in there and keep trying, and don't forget about your DH. He is going through this with you, so draw on his strength.

BTW, how are they treating your PCOS?

Good luck,
    Maria

Hello to all my regular PCOS pals!

Well, I POAS this morning and received what I expected, a ARRGGHH! Why did I have to O during the food poisoning weekend? No major signs of AF, just sore girls. I guess I am going to revisit CLOMOOD for round two.

I really hope that you all have better luck than this! Take Care!

Hey Michelle, I hope you get a on your birthday! Happy Birthday a few days early

Maria

Quote Originally Posted by MChap View Post
    Hello to all my regular PCOS pals!

Well, I POAS this morning and received what I expected, a ARRGGHH! Why did I have to O during the food poisoning weekend? No major signs of AF, just sore girls. I guess I am going to revisit CLOMOOD for round two.

I really hope that you all have better luck than this! Take Care!

Hey Michelle, I hope you get a on your birthday! Happy Birthday a few days early

Maria
    Ahh..sorry Maria. But it is not over til AF shows her ugly face!
    Thanks! I prolly will not test on my birthday just b/c no matter what the results are I am not going to want to be at work that night!

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Ahh..sorry Maria. But it is not over til AF shows her ugly face!
    Thanks! I prolly will not test on my birthday just b/c no matter what the results are I am not going to want to be at work that night!
    Hi Michelle,

Thanks. AF arrived yesterday, so we'll begin the cycle of madness again in a few days.

Well!?! I have been eagerly awaiting your news! I hope you got that

Take Care,

Maria

Hi Michelle,

Thanks. AF arrived yesterday, so we'll begin the cycle of madness again in a few days.

Well!?! I have been eagerly awaiting your news! I hope you got that

Take Care,

Maria
    DOH! Sorry she came. But if you are like me I know that I get super bummed at first then once I start or get ready to start taking my meds I get super excited again! Good luck!
    BTW how have the meds been treating you?

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    DOH! Sorry she came. But if you are like me I know that I get super bummed at first then once I start or get ready to start taking my meds I get super excited again! Good luck!
    BTW how have the meds been treating you?
    Michelle,

Thanks, I'll take all the well wishes I can get Overall, this has been an interesting month with the meds. The Clomid makes me emotional, sensitive and weepy. However, this cycle of 32 days was the shortest cycle in over a year and a half, which is good. I guess that is a realistic trade off. Hopefully DH can handle it

On a completely different subject I received an email from a good friend of mine today and she is pregnant with baby #3. Some people have all the luck.

for your

Maria

Michelle,

Thanks, I'll take all the well wishes I can get Overall, this has been an interesting month with the meds. The Clomid makes me emotional, sensitive and weepy. However, this cycle of 32 days was the shortest cycle in over a year and a half, which is good. I guess that is a realistic trade off. Hopefully DH can handle it

On a completely different subject I received an email from a good friend of mine today and she is pregnant with baby #3. Some people have all the luck.

for your

Maria
    Maria,
    Thank you! OMG I know what you mean about the CLOMOOD! STC is stressful and emotional enough! Then to add coo-coo meds ontop of it! Ah...it will be worth it in the end! Some months I am really bad and others I am fine. So strange!
    Best wishes to you and this cycle! I hope this is it for you guys!
    Michelle

I almost feel guilty posting in STC since we haven't really started trying yet, (we're just NPP atm) but I was invited so I thought I might as well introduce myself. I was diagnosed with PCOS yesterday due to my history of irregular periods and recent weight gain. My mom claims that it runs in the family, as she was always very irregular as well. I don't believe she was ever diagnosed, though. Ok, I think I'm done rambling now.

Quote Originally Posted by cejean View Post
    I almost feel guilty posting in STC since we haven't really started trying yet, (we're just NPP atm) but I was invited so I thought I might as well introduce myself. I was diagnosed with PCOS yesterday due to my history of irregular periods and recent weight gain. My mom claims that it runs in the family, as she was always very irregular as well. I don't believe she was ever diagnosed, though. Ok, I think I'm done rambling now.
    No worries! Welcome! I do hope that when you do start trying....you get pg quick

Michelle

Sablegirl Guest

Default New...sorry this is long

Hello all,
    I guess I'll start with a history before my questions I have been on a long journey with fertility and am I only 29! I did not start my cycle until I was in 10th grade. It always was really heavy. When I was 17 AF would last for a 2 weeks go away for 2 and come back. I went to the DR and he told me that I had a cyst on my RT ovary. My ovary grew to the size of a grapefruit. It was removed a week after my 18th birthday. A year later...I had the cells on my cervix frozen after pre-cancer cells were found. So, from the ovary removal - Feb 2007, I took BC.

2006 sister diagnosed with PCOS. Talked to DR about this and he was not concerned because I am thin.

I went off BC in Feb. and had a cycle and then nothing. AF came in May, finally. I went to the DR for a follow-up about the time in between cycles and he said that because I have 1 ovary and had been on BC for so long that I needed to let my body have time to adjust. By September and only 1 cycle he wanted to do a DNC to see what if any problems were going on with the lining. He also did a Hyst. (Insert a camera into uterus). He found what he thought was a septum. So, I go into a panic and . After an MRI---that showed "unremarkable" or normal uterus but Poly cystic ovaries and an HSG that did not show a septum but showed a blocked left tune (the one with an ovary).....he was "perplexed" and sent me to an RE.

My RE immediately said PCOS. With the family history and irregular cycles from my start. Put me on Metformin and provera. Funny thing, I OVULATED on the provera...which is rare. Got AF, did a month of BC. Then first month on just Metformin...I ovulated!! But...BFN My cycle was 39 days.

I can tell you I take Metformin XR--slow release. I take all 3 (1500mg) at one time after dinner per RE order. I never feel sick. In the AM I do have to use the bathroom but it is not too bad. I also take it with my prenatal which with the extra iron helps with the (sorry for the TMI) loose stool.

We are looking at redoing the HSG (it was a horrible day--experience). If my insurance will not pay for the RE to do the HSG, she will do a Lyp/Hyst to see about the septum and the tube. The RE thinks the septum is not there but I want to be sure. A septum divides the uterus into two horns--leaving little room for baby to grow and can lead to MC.

My questions-----

Did anyone on Met. have shorter cycles the more they took it? It is kind of hard to determine when to have . We just try to keep to an every other day routine. I really do not mind but sometimes we are just tired!

Anyone have tube issues as well and if so...how were they corrected? I am possibly blocked at the opening to the uterus.

Those thin cycsters..do you have to watch what you eat? Has your RE or DR told you anything about diet?

Megan
    Last edited by Sablegirl; 07-24-2008 at 06:43 AM.

Welcome Megan! Sorry you have had so many troubles I am have a similar situation I was Dx with PCOS the first appt with my RE after telling 3 GYN's that is what I have. They all said no b/c I am thin.

I hope that they can get your tube cleaned out! I would just opt for the surgery then at least they can try to clean your tube and look at your uterus. The HSG for me was super painful...sounds like it was for you too and not just b/c the test physcially hurts

I am on my, well going on 4th cycle on metformin. My cycles are now like clockwork compared to before! My cycles were always b/t 23 and 32 days. Now they are anywhere from 26-28 days (it varies b/c I may O on or two days later which effects the length of your cycle).

That is great that you are O'ing with the metformin!!!! YEAH for the drugs!

Also, I do not technically watch what I eat, but I eat pretty healthy for the most part! I love my chocolate and ice cream! As long as you are eating a well balanced healthy diet and not McDonalds everyday you are okay! I have read some books about how certain foods can effect your fertility. But then I think....what about all those people who eat fast-food everyday and eat processed foods and just plain eat junky...they get pg.....then again....they do not have fertility issues either...go figure! I know I kinda look wide in my pic below...the size of the pic does me no justice but it is a cute pic of me and my DH! I am a lil less than 5'7" and my wt fluctuates b/t 134-139....depends on the time of the month....AF or O...LOL!

Anyway, KUP on what you and your RE decides! BTW....has your DH been tested?

Good luck and I hope your stay here is short and you can say hello in the expecting boards
    Michelle
    Last edited by Xevy; 07-24-2008 at 10:41 AM.

Sablegirl Guest

Hello,
    Yes, The HSG was painful and stressful. My DH has not been checked yet...we are waiting for my cycle to come so he can have the 3 days of no E for him. We are eating foods and taking vitamins for I am just so unsure of when I am ovulating .

I have never been a bad eater of processed food or junk but…. I really don’t eat a lot of vegetables. I am getting better I just switched to whole wheat for most things. I am trying to stay away from bad food but sometimes like when AF arrives you just NEED it! I have read books suggesting eating Low Glycemic index foods. This keeps insulin levels from spiking. Anyone else doing this?

Thanks for your support...

steph

Xevy-
    Question for you: Atypical PCOS.....what finally gave you that diagnosis? I have a borderline high TOTAL testosterone (72) and at the RE last week, they noted that it was high (also have a potentially low egg reserve with an FSH of 10). With that, they said, well, this might mean PCOS but you definitely don't "look" like PCOS (in that I am thin, do not have hair issues- also normal-low bp, normal glucose, normal cholesterol).....and they left it at that! I am going on clomid with TVUS at day 12-14 and then hcg trigger with timed intercourse for "about 3-4 months" to see what happens. But my question is....what about this high testosterone? what about this "maybe PCOS".... what testosterone level would have caused more concern? what should the steps have been?

Realize that everyone is completely different but I guess I was just shocked that they dismissed it quickly without any further reasoning.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Finn; 07-26-2008 at 08:39 PM. Reason: revised testosterone level :)

Quote Originally Posted by Sablegirl View Post
    Hello,
    Yes, The HSG was painful and stressful. My DH has not been checked yet...we are waiting for my cycle to come so he can have the 3 days of no E for him. We are eating foods and taking vitamins for I am just so unsure of when I am ovulating .

I have never been a bad eater of processed food or junk but…. I really don’t eat a lot of vegetables. I am getting better I just switched to whole wheat for most things. I am trying to stay away from bad food but sometimes like when AF arrives you just NEED it! I have read books suggesting eating Low Glycemic index foods. This keeps insulin levels from spiking. Anyone else doing this?
    I have read that too about the GI. But I do not really follow any kind of special diet. As I metioned before I eat pretty healthy for the most part!

Good luck with the upcomig cycle and KUP!
    Michelle

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    Xevy-
    Question for you: Atypical PCOS.....what finally gave you that diagnosis? I have a borderline high TOTAL testosterone (72) and at the RE last week, they noted that it was high (also have a potentially low egg reserve with an FSH of 10). With that, they said, well, this might mean PCOS but you definitely don't "look" like PCOS (in that I am thin, do not have hair issues- also normal-low bp, normal glucose, normal cholesterol).....and they left it at that! I am going on clomid with TVUS at day 12-14 and then hcg trigger with timed intercourse for "about 3-4 months" to see what happens. But my question is....what about this high testosterone? what about this "maybe PCOS".... what testosterone level would have caused more concern? what should the steps have been?

Realize that everyone is completely different but I guess I was just shocked that they dismissed it quickly without any further reasoning.
    Thanks!!!!!!!!!
    Hello! Well, I suspected I had PCOS b/c of my high BP, family history and the fact that I could not get pg as well as skin issues (I started getting zits at age 25....shortly after stopping taking BCP-which is also used to treat PCOS...go figure). I asked 3 different GYN's about it and they all so no way b/c I am thin (infact my GYN thinks I am too thin...I am just under 5'7" and my wt flucuates b/t 134-138..so I am right where I need to be). My levels are pretty much normal, I am borderline normal with some of them (which can indicate PCOS).

My question for you is are they going to do the clomid challenge test since they suspect poor ovarian reserve? People who have POR do not respond to clomid. Which is another reason I knew that I could not have POR b/c I was responding to it. That Dx was devastating to me.

When did they drawn your labs (time of day) and what day of your cycle? And how old are you? As far as the testosterone levels, you can ask to be put on glucaphage to help regulate your hormones. If your insulin levels are too high you can produce too much testosterone which leads to infertility.

PCOS presents differently in all patients. Which is why it is often misdiagnosed or underdiagnosed. The funny thing about PCOS too is that some months it can what you might call it "flare up" while other months your labs appear to be normal.

If you are not feeling comfortable about your diagnosis, esp if they told you "maybe you have this or well...mm we are not sure". I would get a second opinion.

You must advocate for yourself!! How long have you been seeing this RE?

BTW...has your DH been tested yet?

Let me know if you have any other questions I might be able to help you with.....perphaps some of the other gals might have some insight!

Good luck and KUP!
    Michelle
    Last edited by Xevy; 07-27-2008 at 02:08 AM.

Elishia Guest

Hi, I am 28 and was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 16 yrs old. My husband and i have done 6 unsucessful IUI's and are going toward IVF.

Quote Originally Posted by Elishia View Post
    Hi, I am 28 and was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 16 yrs old. My husband and i have done 6 unsucessful IUI's and are going toward IVF.
    Welcome and good luck! Best wishes to your first IVF being the one that brings you, your BFP!!!
    Michelle

Default It's been awhile....

just needed some time to clear my head.
    Here is my story. First I want to say I am sorry that we all have PCOS, but thankful that we have each other and can support one another.
    I am Natalie 27 DH is 35. We have been married for almost 6 years and TTC for 2 years 3 months. I have never had regular AF so I was put on BC at 16 and took it for 9 years. After coming off of BC I noticed some crazy changes with my body. I never got my period....this really messed with me because somehow I thought I was pg every month. My face broke out-worse than when i was going through puberty.. I even got pimples on my back which was new for me. My face was EXTREMELY oily which was also very strange because at the time I was living in Colorado and had always had dry skin. I also felt like if I didn't eat every couple of hours I was going to pass out.
    I went to my gyn and they did blood work and diagnosed me with PCOS. I am a twin and I don't know if this is true, but he told me it is more common in twins. My twin is a boy. They started me on Metformin, but I had terrible stomach issues and with the work I do (I assist surgical procedures) I couldn't have this. They switched me to clomid 50mg CD 5-9. The first month my temps were "textbook". The second not so good and the third was no good. At this point we had been ttc for a year. My doc put me on 100mg and then I moved to Arkansas. At this point I thought I wouldn't get pg especially since it was a stressful time with moving. In Aug. 07 I got a BFP. I was in complete shock...good shock. Now I had to find a new Gyn and go through my history. I went on to m/c end of Sept. It was a really hard time for me.
    My doc said I would need to wait 2 cycles before ttc....well that took forever since I have never ovulated without clomid. So I had a really couple of cycles which they gave me progesterone so AF would come. Then I moved again to TX and went back to my gyn that I went to when growing up. He wanted to start me on Metformin again and gradually increase my dose. I now take 2000mg daily and tolerate it pretty well with some dietary changes. I have been taking clomid 50mg CD 4-8. This has been since January and still no BFP. I haven't been taking my temp, but I have been using OPK's. Last month I didn't have a surge so I guess I will need to go up on my clomid. I am taking a couple months off though because I won't be with DH due to his work schedule. I think this will be good for me emotionally and physically.
    Sorry for my rambling, but I wanted to give my story and I appreciate any advice you have.
    Natalie
    TTC #1 since 8/06-PCOS-M/C 9/07; DD was born 6/22/09!!! Baby #2 is a BOY due 2/20/11!

Natalie
    Welcome! I too am sorry we have PCOS! And you are right it is great we have the support of one another! I am also sorry for you loss and that you are STC .

As for me, well I take fordamet it is a brand name of the metformin and it has little no to no GI effects. At least for me, which is why my RE wrote me a script for it (after giving me 6 wks worth of free samples). It is a little more expensive than the generic....but totally worth it! I would see if you can try that. Also, have you heard of femara? This is what several of us take instead of the clomid to help us O. It works great and you do not have the SE that you do with Clomid. Also I have ready that femara is better for us PCOSers!!

Has your DH been tested yet? And have you had an HSG?

And you are never rambling when you are on these forums! That is what we are here for to vent/cry/laugh/ramble/listen...etc.....see now I am rambling!!!

Michelle

I have heard of Femara, but I am not sure what it is. I have never been to a RE, just an ob/gyn. They all act like they know what they are doing, but I am beginning to wonder. DH has been tested and everything is A okay. Everyone says that we got pg once and we will again, but it doesn't seem to be going so well.
    What is an HSG..obviously I haven't had it since I don'tknow what it is I knew you all would give me some wonderful advice, thanks Michelle.
    Also I will ask my doc about the fordamet and see if I can switch to that.
    Thanks again!
    Natalie
    Natalie
    TTC #1 since 8/06-PCOS-M/C 9/07; DD was born 6/22/09!!! Baby #2 is a BOY due 2/20/11!

Quote Originally Posted by wanttobeamom View Post
    I have heard of Femara, but I am not sure what it is. I have never been to a RE, just an ob/gyn. They all act like they know what they are doing, but I am beginning to wonder. DH has been tested and everything is A okay. Everyone says that we got pg once and we will again, but it doesn't seem to be going so well.
    What is an HSG..obviously I haven't had it since I don'tknow what it is I knew you all would give me some wonderful advice, thanks Michelle.
    Also I will ask my doc about the fordamet and see if I can switch to that.
    Thanks again!
    Natalie
    Anytime! So....check this link out. It is from my RE's office. It is the release form for femara. http://www.fertilitycentercolorado.c.../letrozole.pdf ! I hope that helps!

at your comment about OB/GYN's thinking they know everything about infertility..so true with some of them. Mine may have misdiagnosed me but at least she admitted she did not know a lot about infertility and that she may not be able to help me.

Glad that DH tested okay! I teased my DH about us wasting our time with the GYN if he was broke too so he went and got tested! Thankfully he is okay too!

An HSG is a hystersalpingogram. This is a diagnostic test done in radiology. They place a catheter in your cervix, inflate a balloon and inject dye into your uterus and tubes. The test is looking for blockages and abnormalities within your uterus and tubes. It is not a plesant experience.

Isn't it funny how people who have never gone through this have all kinds of advice about it? I know that most people mean well, but **** I sometimes what to tell them to shut their pie holes. Until you have experienced the devastation of infertility ....just listen to me please and stop giving me unwanted and ignorant advice! That is how I feel sometimes!

KUP!
    Michelle
    Last edited by Xevy; 07-29-2008 at 05:32 PM.

HealthWise Guest

Default PCOS & the sugar link

Anyone with PCOS addicted to sugary foods, baked goods or feel irritable if they don't eat regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by HealthWise View Post
    Anyone with PCOS addicted to sugary foods, baked goods or feel irritable if they don't eat regularly?

I love sweets; chocolate and ice cream...and candy....though I have curved my bad habit and I am not as addicted to it.....though someome brought in baked cookies to work and well lets just say I ate a lot. I do get irritable if I do not eat regularly. Since I have been taking fordamet (metformin), it is not nearly as bad!