Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Well good luck to you Michelle!!! I wish you the best of luck and lots of baby dust to come your way

And as for the smiley's, no I don't see them on the right side. But its okay, I will just stick to what I've been doing and use the old school ones

I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

Andrea

Under the winking smiley...hit the word more...that should pull them all up!

Quote Originally Posted by tylers_mom29 View Post
    I love Deliver Me. I just happened to have caught it on a marathon showing a couple of months ago. So now I watch the reruns. It's a really good show!

My DH and I watch Jon & Kate +8 all the time. They crack me up. My Dh gets cracked up when Jon lashes back at Kate. I thought I had some OCD issues, but nothing compared to her. I can't believe that she gets on her hands and knees and mops the kitchen floor 3 times per day. Have you seen the one when Jon gets hair implants? It is too funny!

OMG..I am a clean freak but would never do that! LOL! I have only seen like 4 episodes!

Hey everyone,

I hope all of you had an enjoyable 4th! Unfortunately, mine was not the best. The 4th itself was good, but I got food poisoning at a party on the 5th and spent the entire 6th, well, hugging the porcelain god or sleeping. I ran out of OPK's and still didn't feel quite up to going to the store for more, so I don't know if I O'd. I sure hope DH and I enough through Saturday. I am so freakin depressed. This was not how I planned to begin the 2ww.

Hopefully things are going much better for the rest of you.

Maria

Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

4. Default

That sucks about the food poisoning! I got it one time from Outback Steakhouse. I was sick for days. I hope you feel better soon!...Just think if you get a BFP in a couple of weeks you won't remember a whole lot about calling for your buick.

Feel better soon!
    kelly
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."

Maria- Sorry you got sick! Pleck:X! Hope you are feeling better!

Thanks ladies!

Physically I feel much better, it is the mental drain that has me today. I know I shouldn't feel this way, but I am so afraid that we lost another month. This has to be the Clomid - I've been down before, but this is ridiculous! DH is quite confused/annoyed with my behavior, he doesn't handle emotional swings well. In fact, I think I guilted him into BDing when he got home from work this morning; a last ditch effort I suppose. Sorry, I guess I am just having a pity party for myself.

Hi ladies! Incase you didnt read my "i'm new" post... I was Dx w/ PCOS Aug 07

Since then, I have done 5 rounds of clomid, 2 iuis with HCG inject, and now, I am STC with 2000mg of Met,Fertility blend, Muti vutamins, the Ov watch and I actually had some sort of kinesiology thing done at a holistic doc last month right before my Af was due. It was sort of like reflexology and I thought- why the heck not right? lol

I am on cd 30 and my cycles are pretty normal for someone with Polycystic ovaries- between 26-29 days. I did not ovulate until cd17 so I think that is why I may be late... not what I am hoping but... we shall see.

I have read 6 different books based on PCOS and when I got them, I was so excited to read about this syndrome that I sat and read all of them in 3 days cover to cover--- wow talk about super depression setting in. I don't think I have ever been so sad in my entire life. I just hate the fact that this will NEVER go away! All we can do is manage it. Not fair at all. Not everyone has to worry about refined carbs like we do. Not everyone has to worry about eating french fries because it make them have doo doo issues afterward. Sigh... well you all probably get the idea. I will get off of my soap box now.

I am praying that all of you women that have PCOS find the easiest way to manage your pcos and for those that have been stc, get their BFP very soon!!!

Maria- Glad you are feeling better! LOL....I know what you mean about the guilt BD...but its gotta be done or else the meds are pointless!

CopperTop- Welcome! Do you know how long your LP is? Have you heard of Femara? I would ask your RE about it...much betta for us PCOSers! Good luck!

Michelle

Michelle,

Thanks! I must say your upbeat responses definitely make me feel less like a maniac!

Did you go for the U/S yesterday? How are those follies?

:2ww:
    Maria

Maria,

LOL! Follies were huge on both sides and had a good lining too (trilaminar lining and 8.5) Woo-hoo! I did a trigger yesterday too!

How are things going with you?

11. Default

Michelle,

That sounds great!!! Grow follies grow! KUP!
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

"Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."

Kelly
    I know! Woo-hoo!
    How are you doing?

13. Default

Well I am in the 1WW! It's a win/win for me. If AF doesn't show by the 14th, I have to POAS. If BFN I have to wait until the 21st and check again. If still BFN, I have to call and get Prometrium and then start my Femara. So either way I am stoked!
    I have no signs of AF so we will have to see! I am keeping my fingers crossed! I hope I can hold off until the 14th to POAS. I haven't bought any tests so I think I should be able too.
    I do have another dilema though. My best friend in the whole wide world, m/c back a couple of weeks ago. It has been super hard on her, I couldn't imagine. She got a really jerk of a DH that asked her how long she was going to play the m/c card!!! Oh I hate him. He told her that he couldn't deal with her crying all the time. Oh yeah I know... how horrible. The pg wasn't planned and he doesn't want to TTC at all period. I don't know what she is going to do. What I am worried about is if I am pg, how the heck am I going to tell her? I know that she will be happy for me, but gosh I just don't want to put her through that. So when I do get pg, it might be awhile before I can tell her. I hate that b/c she is more like a sis to me than anyone.
    Other than that... today has been awful! I don't want to go through it again, click over to the regular TTC and read the "need prayer..urgent" thread. A good friend of mine's daughter is very sick. You can read all about it there.
    I guess the one thing that made my day was coming home and being with Tyler. He is such a hoot! They are doing road construction near our house. He stands up all day and watches everything that is going on. And he said a new word today...PURPLE. It sounded more like PURCLE it was too funny.

I didn't mean to make this so long! I like to write books!

kelly
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Maria,

LOL! Follies were huge on both sides and had a good lining too (trilaminar lining and 8.5) Woo-hoo! I did a trigger yesterday too!

How are things going with you?
    Michelle,

That is great! I really hope you are well on your way to a !

Things are fine. I had some pain on the right side again today and I am curious why. Shouldn't the ovary activity have stopped by now?

Well I am in the 1WW! It's a win/win for me. If AF doesn't show by the 14th, I have to POAS. If BFN I have to wait until the 21st and check again. If still BFN, I have to call and get Prometrium and then start my Femara. So either way I am stoked!
    I have no signs of AF so we will have to see! I am keeping my fingers crossed! I hope I can hold off until the 14th to POAS. I haven't bought any tests so I think I should be able too.
    I do have another dilema though. My best friend in the whole wide world, m/c back a couple of weeks ago. It has been super hard on her, I couldn't imagine. She got a really jerk of a DH that asked her how long she was going to play the m/c card!!! Oh I hate him. He told her that he couldn't deal with her crying all the time. Oh yeah I know... how horrible. The pg wasn't planned and he doesn't want to TTC at all period. I don't know what she is going to do. What I am worried about is if I am pg, how the heck am I going to tell her? I know that she will be happy for me, but gosh I just don't want to put her through that. So when I do get pg, it might be awhile before I can tell her. I hate that b/c she is more like a sis to me than anyone.
    Other than that... today has been awful! I don't want to go through it again, click over to the regular TTC and read the "need prayer..urgent" thread. A good friend of mine's daughter is very sick. You can read all about it there.
    I guess the one thing that made my day was coming home and being with Tyler. He is such a hoot! They are doing road construction near our house. He stands up all day and watches everything that is going on. And he said a new word today...PURPLE. It sounded more like PURCLE it was too funny.

kelly
    Hi Kelly,
    Tons of and to you during your wait!

I am sorry about your friend's m/c. There is no loss in the world that I can compare it to. As for her DH, some guys just don't get it because they don't see the changes that we women feel during pregnancy. Let's face it, guys are visual, so if they can't see it, it probably doesn't exist or if it does, it is certainly being blown out of proportion. My DH and I had some issues too. Frankly, I had to tell him sorry I can't grieve on your time table and he left me alone after that. Each person is different. As for announcing good news, unless you plan to wait in the event of early complications, I would just tell her. I think the sooner the better. She may take it worse if she thinks you were trying to hide it from her. If you are truly as close as you say, she will be happy for you, regardless of her own personal grief.

Sorry about the long post!
    Maria

16. Default

Thanks Maria... I guess I have gone through it in my head so much, of what to say to her that I've gotten confused! I am sure she will be ok with everything. I kind of was on the other foot a couple of years ago when she and another close friend of mine were pg at the same time. They were only 6wks apart. I was able to come to terms with it and I am sure she will be able to.
    My friend has the worst MIL in history!!! She actually was telling her son that his wife was faking being pg! I think that her MIL got to her and that's the reason why he was acting so bad about it. He never would even rub her stomach or anything. She was 13wks. He also told her that having another baby would be the biggest mistake of his life!! Boy did that make me mad. All I could think was that this jerk doesn't want his baby, but look at all of us that are STC. It's not like they are kids. He is almost 30 and she is 26. Can you say crazy?!

All we can do about it is pray!
    kelly
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

Thanks Maria... I guess I have gone through it in my head so much, of what to say to her that I've gotten confused! I am sure she will be ok with everything. I kind of was on the other foot a couple of years ago when she and another close friend of mine were pg at the same time. They were only 6wks apart. I was able to come to terms with it and I am sure she will be able to.
    My friend has the worst MIL in history!!! She actually was telling her son that his wife was faking being pg! I think that her MIL got to her and that's the reason why he was acting so bad about it. He never would even rub her stomach or anything. She was 13wks. He also told her that having another baby would be the biggest mistake of his life!! Boy did that make me mad. All I could think was that this jerk doesn't want his baby, but look at all of us that are STC. It's not like they are kids. He is almost 30 and she is 26. Can you say crazy?!

All we can do about it is pray!
    kelly
    Oh my! What a wicked woman! You're right, no wonder he behaves the way he does. However, that doesn't give him the right to be an insensitive jerk. Some guys never grow up, it doesn't matter how old they are. If I thought about all of the idiots out there that I come in contact with and their insensitivity to pregnancy, getting or staying pregnant, I'd lose my mind!

I am truly sorry for Kate and her family. I will add them to my prayers.

Okay ladies I need some help! I am so confused and have been searching the internet all night long on this subject. I know I should know better and just ask my friends here but I just could not resist the temptation. Well let me say this first...you all remember my stats right? Well if not then I will briefly explain them to you, I started AF 6/11-6/15 and we BD'd CD8, 14, 17 & 20 while FF said I was fertile on CD14-16 and "supposedly" ovulated on CD17-20? But that's not the confusing part. Trust me it gets better.

Today I would say about mid-day I was feeling a one-sided cramping or dull aching that ended up centering itself to the middle of my tummy and grew to be much more of a cramping. It was just between 5:30p to 9:30 that I have been feeling it harder, but still not violent. Let me put it this way, on a scale of 1-10 the pain was like a 6.5. Okay, so I had to use the restroom for #1 (sorry for TMI) and when I wiped I had seen that the toilet paper was smeared with CM and streaks of pinkish/reddish blood (it wasn't dark blood), very light but still there. And my heart sank.

At first my head started swimming with the horrible ideas that for sure now I am not pregnant and that there could be no way...that the fight is over for this month. But just as I had said before, I started searching the internet for something, ANYTHING I could find about this subject. And just as I had typed in the search field "can you bleed and still be pregnant", a whole page flashed up with so many topics about what I had just experienced. I came to find an interesting one where I said that the bleeding may sometimes be caused by "implantation bleeding" and that cramping may also be present. It also went on to say that it was about six days or so after ovulation and about a week before they were supposed to have AF.

So now my question to you wonderful ladies is, could it be possible for me to experiencing the same exact thing? Is there a slight chance that a baby could be implanting itself into my tummy right now? What should I do? Should I wait until next week when I am "scheduled" by FF to start AF or should I just go ahead and test tomorrow in the AM?

I was seriously thinking that it couldn't possibly be AF because I wasn't supposed to get her until next week for sure, but then again my AF's haven't exactly been behaving themselves lately...that is, without the Prometrium which induces my AF. So I guess that anyones response would be very much appreciated at this point. And everyone's opinion or thoughts would be very welcome. Thank you all for your support in this matter.

Andrea
    Last edited by AndreaDay; 07-09-2008 at 11:04 PM.
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by MChap View Post
    Michelle,

That is great! I really hope you are well on your way to a !

Things are fine. I had some pain on the right side again today and I am curious why. Shouldn't the ovary activity have stopped by now?
    Thanks! Meeee too!
    That pain is normal. Was it a lot and really painful though?

kelly
    Good luck in your 1ww! Sorry about your friend. Her DH sounds like an insensative p$&ck. And OMG...what a psycho MIL...sounds like he is a momma's boy!
    Last edited by Xevy; 07-11-2008 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Okay ladies I need some help! I am so confused and have been searching the internet all night long on this subject. I know I should know better and just ask my friends here but I just could not resist the temptation. Well let me say this first...you all remember my stats right? Well if not then I will briefly explain them to you, I started AF 6/11-6/15 and we BD'd CD8, 14, 17 & 20 while FF said I was fertile on CD14-16 and "supposedly" ovulated on CD17-20? But that's not the confusing part. Trust me it gets better.

Today I would say about mid-day I was feeling a one-sided cramping or dull aching that ended up centering itself to the middle of my tummy and grew to be much more of a cramping. It was just between 5:30p to 9:30 that I have been feeling it harder, but still not violent. Let me put it this way, on a scale of 1-10 the pain was like a 6.5. Okay, so I had to use the restroom for #1 (sorry for TMI) and when I wiped I had seen that the toilet paper was smeared with CM and streaks of pinkish/reddish blood (it wasn't dark blood), very light but still there. And my heart sank.

At first my head started swimming with the horrible ideas that for sure now I am not pregnant and that there could be no way...that the fight is over for this month. But just as I had said before, I started searching the internet for something, ANYTHING I could find about this subject. And just as I had typed in the search field "can you bleed and still be pregnant", a whole page flashed up with so many topics about what I had just experienced. I came to find an interesting one where I said that the bleeding may sometimes be caused by "implantation bleeding" and that cramping may also be present. It also went on to say that it was about six days or so after ovulation and about a week before they were supposed to have AF.

So now my question to you wonderful ladies is, could it be possible for me to experiencing the same exact thing? Is there a slight chance that a baby could be implanting itself into my tummy right now? What should I do? Should I wait until next week when I am "scheduled" by FF to start AF or should I just go ahead and test tomorrow in the AM?

I was seriously thinking that it couldn't possibly be AF because I wasn't supposed to get her until next week for sure, but then again my AF's haven't exactly been behaving themselves lately...that is, without the Prometrium which induces my AF. So I guess that anyones response would be very much appreciated at this point. And everyone's opinion or thoughts would be very welcome. Thank you all for your support in this matter.

Andrea
    Mmm...that is always a hard question. Well....how many DPO are you? Sorry...I will be honest...I am being a lil lazy and not figuring it out on my own! LOL! Did you test? I have heard that the CM and blood can be a normal part of your cycle.

22. Default

Well girls I am trying not to go out and buy an HPT. It is about to kill me! I test on Monday, apart of me wants to POAS NOW!!! I am about to go into DTs over here!! I need help!!!

TGIF is all I have to say about that! I know I am sleeping in in the morning. Saturday is Daddy/Tyler day! My Dh takes Tyler to get his weekly lab work done and then he takes him to Wal-Mart as a reward for doing so good while he gets his blood drawn. All I can say about my T-man is that he is one tough cookie! He hates to have the b/w done, but he sure does love Wal-Mart! He has more fun just standing up in the bugy than anything.

Have a good weekend girls! Monday won't be here soon enough for me!
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

Well girls I am trying not to go out and buy an HPT. It is about to kill me! I test on Monday, apart of me wants to POAS NOW!!! I am about to go into DTs over here!! I need help!!!

TGIF is all I have to say about that! I know I am sleeping in in the morning. Saturday is Daddy/Tyler day! My Dh takes Tyler to get his weekly lab work done and then he takes him to Wal-Mart as a reward for doing so good while he gets his blood drawn. All I can say about my T-man is that he is one tough cookie! He hates to have the b/w done, but he sure does love Wal-Mart! He has more fun just standing up in the bugy than anything.

Have a good weekend girls! Monday won't be here soon enough for me!
    DO NOT BUY AN HPT. Step away from your car keys and go back to work....or whatever you were doing before! LOL
    Good luck Monday and KUP!

24. Default

I don't have much gas in my car...and the town that I live in is a HUGE tourist attraction on the weekends, so there ain't no way a I am going to go get any gas or go to Wal-Mart on a Friday afternoon! SO I have NO choice but to go home w/o an HPT.
    I hate these darn phantom sypmtoms. I swear my mind is playing tricks on me. I haven't had any sypmtoms at all (by this time of the month I have almost all of them)! Until I read the thread about being dizzy. I swear I had a dream last night and I stood up and was dizzy. Then when I went to lunch a little bit ago, as I was coming out from the car, I swear I was dizzy. Oh well, I hope it is just the Metformin talking! And now my gums are a little swollen. I was a little sick to my stomach just after lunch yesterday. I haven't had any cramping of any kind except around O time. Usually by this time...AF is coming and I hurt really bad. Maybe it's a good sign! Like I said in my previous posts...it's a win/win for me. That's what I have to keep telling myself.
    I have been on the Metformin for just over a month and I have found what I can and can not eat. I guess it can make me a little sick to my stomach too. Darn the phantom!
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

I don't have much gas in my car...and the town that I live in is a HUGE tourist attraction on the weekends, so there ain't no way a I am going to go get any gas or go to Wal-Mart on a Friday afternoon! SO I have NO choice but to go home w/o an HPT.
    I hate these darn phantom sypmtoms. I swear my mind is playing tricks on me. I haven't had any sypmtoms at all (by this time of the month I have almost all of them)! Until I read the thread about being dizzy. I swear I had a dream last night and I stood up and was dizzy. Then when I went to lunch a little bit ago, as I was coming out from the car, I swear I was dizzy. Oh well, I hope it is just the Metformin talking! And now my gums are a little swollen. I was a little sick to my stomach just after lunch yesterday. I haven't had any cramping of any kind except around O time. Usually by this time...AF is coming and I hurt really bad. Maybe it's a good sign! Like I said in my previous posts...it's a win/win for me. That's what I have to keep telling myself.
    I have been on the Metformin for just over a month and I have found what I can and can not eat. I guess it can make me a little sick to my stomach too. Darn the phantom!
    Our town is the same way. Well....hope to see you posting your BFP under the July testers sticky!

26. Default

Well I couldn't resist. I was in town today and went to the $ store to buy a test. They were out! I took it as a sign to wait until Monday. Dang it, I really wanted to test!
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

Well I couldn't resist. I was in town today and went to the $ store to buy a test. They were out! I took it as a sign to wait until Monday. Dang it, I really wanted to test!
    Bahahahahaha....that is right patience is a virtue! Monday is not that much further away!

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Thanks! Meeee too!
    That pain is normal. Was it a lot and really painful though?
    Hey Michelle,

There was quite a bit of pain, maybe a 7 out of 10. I am sure I ovulated on the 7th though, that was unbearable! The ovaries are quiet now and I am plugging along into the 1ww. I think I will test on the 19th, that will be 12 dpo. I am not too optimistic, but we'll see.

How are things? Did I see you have a birthday coming up?

and

Maria

Wow, if that isn't fate trying to tell you something! Good luck - hope you get that

Maria

Quote Originally Posted by MChap View Post
    Hey Michelle,

There was quite a bit of pain, maybe a 7 out of 10. I am sure I ovulated on the 7th though, that was unbearable! The ovaries are quiet now and I am plugging along into the 1ww. I think I will test on the 19th, that will be 12 dpo. I am not too optimistic, but we'll see.

How are things? Did I see you have a birthday coming up?

and

Maria
    Same to you! We are pretty close...we could be cycle buddies...I am 12dpo on the 21st....my birthday...I am of course asceered to test that day! Besides I have to work that night so either way if I am or I am not...I am sure as he** not going to want to be at work!
    The 19th is not far away