Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 150 of 372

Thread: PCOS Thread

  1. #121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Ya sometimes OPKs are not always reliable esp if your cycles are crazy! I think that it is just a matter of getting you on the right medication cocktail to get your cycles regulated.

    Mine are becoming more regulated the longer I am on meds. Glucaphage has seemed to help with. I have also taken Clomid for 3 mos and the last 2 cycles I have taken femara...which has regulated them even more!
    Yeah, I hope that with me taking the Femara, it will help regulate something! But on a serious note, my AF did seem a little more like my 7 days of heavy AF. I only lasted 5 days this time but last month I only lasted 3. So I do see that my AF is starting to somewhat regulate itself, even if it is ever so slightly.

    Well, I guess that my and DH will BD until the end of the month and see what happens. It will be the TWW for me!!! I will keep you posted on everything!

    Thanks!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  2. #122

    Default PCOS Success Story!

    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group, but have been reading for a little while now. It's been great to read everyone's stories and know I'm not alone. I just found out on Friday that we're finally pregnant again (yeah!), but the journey has been anything but simple, which is why I wanted to share my story.

    I have a DD from a previous marriage (she's 8), but I had to go through 3 rounds of Clomid to get pg with her. Then, last year, after about a year of trying on our own, my new husband and I went back to Clomid. Ironically, the 3rd round of Clomid worked again for us, only I didn't know it. After having AF, then having random spotting and some pain, I found out 9 weeks later I was indeed pg but it was ecptopic. Because of how far along I was, I had to have it surgically removed, along with my tube. Needless to say that was the worst thing I ever went through. So after several more Clomid tries with no success, we went to an RE.

    Within 15 minutes of my first visit, he diagnosed me with PCOS (atypical) and Endometriosis (and I only had one tube). Then, my DH's 1st S/A count came back low, so that added more fun for us. DH's 2nd count came back good, so we got the ok to try IUI. After a slew of tests for me, including a hysterscopy to remove polyps from my uterus, we had our first IUI. As with PCOS, I had lots of follicles, however, all but one would eventually be mature enough for the procedure. This was disappointing in itself, but coupled with DH's low count on insemenation day, I just knew it could never work...or so I thought.

    Like I said previously, we just found out on Friday we're pg. I am still in shock and didn't really believe it until my second hcg test today. I truly believe that if something is meant to be, it will be. Somehow, against all odds, we were able to get pg the first time. I wanted to tell my story, not to gloat that I'm pg, but to show you all that it can and will happen for you all...it just takes time. Stay positive and baby dust to all!

    me-32; dh-41, dd-8, edd-3/7/09
    ronee

  3. #123

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tylers_mom29 View Post
    XEVY-

    AF is supposed to be some time around July 14. (Give or take a few days) CD1 was on June 17.(I've really got to spend some time and get me a ticker!) I am 1000mg of Metformin. I am working my way up to 2000mg. Since I haven't had any problems, I am going ahead a couple of days early and increasing to 1500mg today. I have already lost 3lbs! Even though I have been on the South Beach Diet since Jan, my weight loss kind of stopped last month. It feels good to get it going again!

    I just hope my AF comes naturally and I don't have to go back on Prometrium again! That stuff didn't do well with me. I would be sitting on the couch about 45 minutes after I took it and this crazy feeling would just wash over me. One night it was only 20 minutes after I took it. I was so drunk, I had to get my husband to help me off of the couch and get into bed. He was laughing so hard! But if I have to go back on it, then I just have to suck it up and do it. It will all be worth it in the end!

    I am so excited to have joined the group! It is nice to be able to talk to the same folks that are going through what I am and be able to relate. It's something that not even my bestfriend can identify with!

    Good luck ladies!

    Kelly

    Good luck this cycle Kelly! And Welcome!

    Michelle


  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Yeah, I hope that with me taking the Femara, it will help regulate something! But on a serious note, my AF did seem a little more like my 7 days of heavy AF. I only lasted 5 days this time but last month I only lasted 3. So I do see that my AF is starting to somewhat regulate itself, even if it is ever so slightly.

    Well, I guess that my and DH will BD until the end of the month and see what happens. It will be the TWW for me!!! I will keep you posted on everything!

    Thanks!

    Andrea

    Well are you in the 2ww now? Good luck! I hope that it goes by fast and you get your BFP soon!


  5. #125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronee View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm new to the group, but have been reading for a little while now. It's been great to read everyone's stories and know I'm not alone. I just found out on Friday that we're finally pregnant again (yeah!), but the journey has been anything but simple, which is why I wanted to share my story.

    I have a DD from a previous marriage (she's 8), but I had to go through 3 rounds of Clomid to get pg with her. Then, last year, after about a year of trying on our own, my new husband and I went back to Clomid. Ironically, the 3rd round of Clomid worked again for us, only I didn't know it. After having AF, then having random spotting and some pain, I found out 9 weeks later I was indeed pg but it was ecptopic. Because of how far along I was, I had to have it surgically removed, along with my tube. Needless to say that was the worst thing I ever went through. So after several more Clomid tries with no success, we went to an RE.

    Within 15 minutes of my first visit, he diagnosed me with PCOS (atypical) and Endometriosis (and I only had one tube). Then, my DH's 1st S/A count came back low, so that added more fun for us. DH's 2nd count came back good, so we got the ok to try IUI. After a slew of tests for me, including a hysterscopy to remove polyps from my uterus, we had our first IUI. As with PCOS, I had lots of follicles, however, all but one would eventually be mature enough for the procedure. This was disappointing in itself, but coupled with DH's low count on insemenation day, I just knew it could never work...or so I thought.

    Like I said previously, we just found out on Friday we're pg. I am still in shock and didn't really believe it until my second hcg test today. I truly believe that if something is meant to be, it will be. Somehow, against all odds, we were able to get pg the first time. I wanted to tell my story, not to gloat that I'm pg, but to show you all that it can and will happen for you all...it just takes time. Stay positive and baby dust to all!

    me-32; dh-41, dd-8, edd-3/7/09

    Welcome and thank you so much for sharing your story with us! It does give me hope that it can and will happen for us soon!

    Congratulations is also in order Hope your hCG came back high today!

    Michelle


  6. #126

    Default Tww...

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Well are you in the 2ww now? Good luck! I hope that it goes by fast and you get your BFP soon!
    Nope, not just yet. But I will let you know what happens. I am especially ecited this month because I think that with the Femara I might have actually ovulated!!! I never knew what ovulation felt like until I asked a couple of friends and my sister and by the description they gave and what I felt matched perfectly. I actually felt a slight twinge followed by a dull ache on my right side last Wednesday and felt an even harder cramp-like pinch later on the afternoon on my left side.

    So I guess in all reality, I think that I might have ovulated from both ovaries that day or at least I hope I did! I am so excited!

    But like I said before...I will keep you posted on EVERYTHING.

    Thanks for being such a great listener and follow-up TTC'er you awesome lil possum!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  7. #127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Welcome and thank you so much for sharing your story with us! It does give me hope that it can and will happen for us soon!

    Congratulations is also in order Hope your hCG came back high today!

    Michelle
    I agree. This gives me so much hope and makes me anxious to be big and PG! I really do want it more than anything on God's green earth and I know everyone else on here does too.

    So having said that I hope and pray that God will grant us the gift of a beautiful, healthy baby soon (hopefully this year) and helps those of us who are feeling down about not having gotten PG yet. I put my total faith and trust in God and I am not ashamed to admit that to anyone because He will hear our prayers and will have mercy on us and grant us our requests. All "we" have to do is claim it.

    Blessed Be!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  8. #128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Nope, not just yet. But I will let you know what happens. I am especially ecited this month because I think that with the Femara I might have actually ovulated!!! I never knew what ovulation felt like until I asked a couple of friends and my sister and by the description they gave and what I felt matched perfectly. I actually felt a slight twinge followed by a dull ache on my right side last Wednesday and felt an even harder cramp-like pinch later on the afternoon on my left side.

    So I guess in all reality, I think that I might have ovulated from both ovaries that day or at least I hope I did! I am so excited!

    But like I said before...I will keep you posted on EVERYTHING.

    Thanks for being such a great listener and follow-up TTC'er you awesome lil possum!

    Andrea

    Andrea,

    So you O'd already....then I think that means you are in the 2WW!! Woo-hoo!

    So when do you plan on testing?

    Good luck and I know you will keep us posted!

    Michelle


  9. #129

    Default

    Hi Everyone,

    Ok, let me just start by saying that I am not a patient person, and this whole stc journey has been weighing on me. I wonder if the Clomid is affecting my mood?

    I have had some pain the last few days, I guess this means the ovaries are working?

    It has been over a week and I still do not know the results of my fasting insulin test. I am going to call the office, again, tomorrow. My Dr was out of the office Thursday and Friday of last week, but I thought by now I should know my results.

    DH is sick . Figures, this is our week to I hope he doesn't get me sick too I don't want anything to interfere with a BFP.

    I hope all of you are well. and

    Andrea,
    Good luck on your :2ww: I hope it flies!

    Michelle,
    How was the wedding?

    Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

  10. #130

    Default

    Well...I am the not the most patient person either! LOL! Clomid made me super moody....and I am a moody person to begin with...no thanks to PCOS! It does sound like you might be getting ready to O! Did they do an HA1C for your blood sugars. That would be more of an accurate test of how well your sugars have been controlled.

    Uh-oh...what is he sick with? Hope he does not have a fever! Good luck with BD and getting your BFP

    The wedding went well! It got really cold and windy that day. It was strange! Good thing the ceremony was short and sweet! I will post some pics as soon as we get them!

    Michelle
    Last edited by Xevy; 07-01-2008 at 04:11 PM.


  11. #131

    Default

    Michelle,

    Glad to hear the wedding went well :happy:

    I think DH has a cold, I don't know if he has a fever; he is sleeping right now. He works nights and he had a few hearings today, so I don't expect to see him for a few more hours. I doubt he will let me take his temp. If he has a fever, should we avoid Will a fever affect his count, mobility or quality?

    As for the fasting test, I am not sure what test they did. They only took a vile of blood on 6/23. Hopefully I will find our tomorrow.

    Take Care,
    Maria

    Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

  12. #132

    Default

    I have read that temps can affect sperm. But not sure how. When you call to get your results you could ask your doc then about that.

    Is your DH a copper? Mine is...just assuming since you said he works nights and had hearings today!


  13. #133

    Default

    BTW....what kind of dogs do you have?


  14. #134

    Default

    Yes, he's a cop. To tell you the truth I never thought I would marry a law enforcement officer, but here we are, together for 7 years, married for almost 4. He said early on that he would wear me down, and he did. They are persistent aren't they?

    We have two Boxers, a brother and sister from the same litter. In fact, my parents have two of their siblings (another male and female). There were 8 puppies and we bought half the litter. I would not know what to do without them!

    How about you?

    Maria

    Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

  15. #135

    Default

    LOL! Sounds like us! We have been married for over 5 years and together for almost 8! There sure are a lot of us gals on here that are married to cops! LOL! I would not want it any other way!

    We have a almost 5 year old Bullmastiff. She is the best! They have the greatest lil personalities! In fact she cracks me up with her doc biscuits. If the weather does not permit her to bury her dog biscuits outside she buries them in corners or under the pillows on the couch. Now last night I am getting ready for bed and notice some crumbs under my pillow...I am like WTF...so I lift up my pillow to find a half eaten dog biscuit! I LMAO when I saw that! She is like a fury kid!

    Well...better run...gotta get ready for work!


  16. #136

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Andrea,

    So you O'd already....then I think that means you are in the 2WW!! Woo-hoo!

    So when do you plan on testing?

    Good luck and I know you will keep us posted!

    Michelle
    I'm thinking I will test on the 18th or so because FF has me "supposedly" starting AF on the 18th, but I don't think so. I guess I am on the 2WW!!! What was I thinking...I guess I had to much work on my mind.

    BTW, thanks for wishing me luck Michelle and Maria. I'm going to need it!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  17. #137

    Default Pictures

    Oh and I meant to ask you wonderful ladies just how it is that you put those cute lil pictures of BD'ing and such on the posts...? I would love to know!!! Thx!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  18. #138

    Default

    Andrea,

    Hi there

    If you want to include the smiley pics choose the advanced reply instead of the quick reply. It will give you the smilies block with the option for more choices. Select more and scroll through them until you find the one you want, then click on it. It won't appear in the message as you type, but the name will be there. Also, you may need to increase the viewing box size, or at least I did.

    I hope this helps!

    and

    Maria

    Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

  19. #139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Oh and I meant to ask you wonderful ladies just how it is that you put those cute lil pictures of BD'ing and such on the posts...? I would love to know!!! Thx!

    Andrea

    LOL you are funny! So you are going to test on the 18th? or wait?

    If you post reply you'll see the lil smilies to the right then hit more underneath them and you'll see the lil BD smilies!


  20. #140

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    LOL you are funny! So you are going to test on the 18th? or wait?

    If you post reply you'll see the lil smilies to the right then hit more underneath them and you'll see the lil BD smilies!



    oops....just saw Maria's post!


  21. #141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MChap View Post
    Michelle,

    Glad to hear the wedding went well :happy:

    I think DH has a cold, I don't know if he has a fever; he is sleeping right now. He works nights and he had a few hearings today, so I don't expect to see him for a few more hours. I doubt he will let me take his temp. If he has a fever, should we avoid Will a fever affect his count, mobility or quality?

    As for the fasting test, I am not sure what test they did. They only took a vile of blood on 6/23. Hopefully I will find our tomorrow.

    Take Care,
    Maria
    Maria - My RE told us that what your DH did 2-3 months ago is what affects his sperm counts, motility, and morphology. We were shocked at this, since I thought it was "refreshed" every few days! And yes, if he's sick, it will affect his stuff (3 months from now). Apparently, it's not the medications he might take, but it's the fact that his body is busy fighting off the illness and not producing sperm. Guess the reproductive parts of us are the last on the checklist of things to do when we're sick. Hope that helps!
    ronee

  22. #142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Welcome and thank you so much for sharing your story with us! It does give me hope that it can and will happen for us soon!

    Congratulations is also in order Hope your hCG came back high today!

    Michelle
    Thanks for the well wishes and welcome! And yes, my 2nd hcg came back more than tripled, so I was very relieved! Now, once I have the u/s next monday I will feel really good about everything. I won't be able to see much, but I will at least be able to see that the little poppyseed (size it is now) is in the right place. The thought of having another empty uterus is a scary thought, so alot rides on monday's u/s. Wish me luck!

    I saw that you'll be doing your "6th medicated cycle" in July. What procedure are you doing or what are taking, if I might ask?
    ronee

  23. #143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronee View Post
    Thanks for the well wishes and welcome! And yes, my 2nd hcg came back more than tripled, so I was very relieved! Now, once I have the u/s next monday I will feel really good about everything. I won't be able to see much, but I will at least be able to see that the little poppyseed (size it is now) is in the right place. The thought of having another empty uterus is a scary thought, so alot rides on monday's u/s. Wish me luck!

    I saw that you'll be doing your "6th medicated cycle" in July. What procedure are you doing or what are taking, if I might ask?

    Hurray! to you and your lil bean! Best of luck on Monday! KUP on your U/S and we wanna see pics!

    Okay...so long story short...was on 50mg Clomid for 3 cycles with OB. Started seeing RE in middle of 3rd cycle. That is when I was Dx with atypical PCOS. Started 2.5 mg femara and glucaphage in May. Also had and HSG in May. Which came back normal....my right tube did not want to flush at first, but it finally did! No BFP in May or June, so increased dose to 5mg femara. I have initial U/S to make sure no overstim and check uterine lining then before O I go in for another U/S to check same thing and make sure lining and follies grew! We have deteremined that I am Oing on the meds. We increased the dose (w/ caution- I have hypertension and RE concerend about multiple pg with me) this cycle since it will increase our chances of conception. DH SA is normal too! On my first cycle of femara I did a trigger shot as well. Last cycle I O'd on CD13 (early for me....since on meds I would O on CD15 or 16...so that is good I am Oing earlier) so we did not need to do a trigger. I have had tons of lab work done....around $3,000 worth (which what the insurance did not cover my work covered it....it was considered a discount)! So anyway...we are always in the 2ww for something...2ww for O or 2ww for BFP or AF! EEekk

    Mmm...I think that about covers it!

    What about you? What tests did you have done?
    Last edited by Xevy; 07-02-2008 at 05:58 PM.


  24. #144

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ronee View Post
    Maria - My RE told us that what your DH did 2-3 months ago is what affects his sperm counts, motility, and morphology. We were shocked at this, since I thought it was "refreshed" every few days! And yes, if he's sick, it will affect his stuff (3 months from now). Apparently, it's not the medications he might take, but it's the fact that his body is busy fighting off the illness and not producing sperm. Guess the reproductive parts of us are the last on the checklist of things to do when we're sick. Hope that helps!
    Ronee,

    Wow! Thanks for the information! Hopefully I won't need to be concerned with his swimmers 3 months from now

    Tons of to you!

    Maria

    Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

  25. #145

    Default

    Thank you both for helping me with the whole smiley's sitchyation, only thing is that it still will not work for me. I don't even have the option...LOL! I even chose the advanced post. Oh, well.

    Yes, I will be testing on the 18th, I figure that I might as well do it because it is our anniversary "day", just not the month. So that must count for some luck I suppose. Although I am not going to get my hopes up about it because you know what happens then...

    Well, I hope you both the best of luck as well this month! Oh yeah, so are either of you in the TWW with me??? Let me know, I think I might have read that you are Michelle but then again...I could be wrong.

    Blessed Be!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  26. #146

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    I finally received my fasting insulin results today and the number was good. The normal range is 70-90 and I came in at 85 :celebrate: I guess this means I am just going to have to work harder on my weight because there is no excuse for the increase. Now, which program to choose?

    Today was day 4 of OPK testing and no surge yet. Probably good since DH is still feeling under the weather. He has a miserable summer cold, no fever though.

    Question: I have heard conflicting information on the best time to use an OPK, first morning urine or not?

    I hope everyone is making fun plans for the 4th!

    Maria

    Maria (30) DH (30) STC since May 2007 m/c 08/07

  27. #147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Thank you both for helping me with the whole smiley's sitchyation, only thing is that it still will not work for me. I don't even have the option...LOL! I even chose the advanced post. Oh, well.

    Yes, I will be testing on the 18th, I figure that I might as well do it because it is our anniversary "day", just not the month. So that must count for some luck I suppose. Although I am not going to get my hopes up about it because you know what happens then...

    Well, I hope you both the best of luck as well this month! Oh yeah, so are either of you in the TWW with me??? Let me know, I think I might have read that you are Michelle but then again...I could be wrong.

    Blessed Be!

    Andrea

    Well, I kinda am...I will not O until next week, so I'll be testing the week after you! Good luck!

    Ask a mod what is up with your smilies...wonder why you cannot use them. Do you even see them on the right side of the screen?


  28. #148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MChap View Post
    Hi everyone,

    I finally received my fasting insulin results today and the number was good. The normal range is 70-90 and I came in at 85 :celebrate: I guess this means I am just going to have to work harder on my weight because there is no excuse for the increase. Now, which program to choose?

    Today was day 4 of OPK testing and no surge yet. Probably good since DH is still feeling under the weather. He has a miserable summer cold, no fever though.

    Question: I have heard conflicting information on the best time to use an OPK, first morning urine or not?

    I hope everyone is making fun plans for the 4th!

    Maria

    Maria,

    Hello! Great news! As far as diets? Well, I have heard that the South Beach is a good one to loose wt. One of the gals on here....we may have talked about this once before....lol....lost wt on that diet. She does however have insulin resistant PCOS....but it might not hurt to try it!

    My RE told me to use the OPKs in the afternoon. Make sure that no matter when you take them (it really does not matter) that your urine is not diluted from drinking tons of fluid and that you take them around the same time of day.

    Good luck and hope your DH gets to feeling better to make some babies!


  29. #149

    Default

    Well good luck to you Michelle!!! I wish you the best of luck and lots of baby dust to come your way

    And as for the smiley's, no I don't see them on the right side. But its okay, I will just stick to what I've been doing and use the old school ones

    I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July!!!

    Andrea
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.


  30. Default

    I love Deliver Me. I just happened to have caught it on a marathon showing a couple of months ago. So now I watch the reruns. It's a really good show!

    My DH and I watch Jon & Kate +8 all the time. They crack me up. My Dh gets cracked up when Jon lashes back at Kate. I thought I had some OCD issues, but nothing compared to her. I can't believe that she gets on her hands and knees and mops the kitchen floor 3 times per day. Have you seen the one when Jon gets hair implants? It is too funny!
    Kelly-29 Mark-31 Tyler-7

    "Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •