Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Thread

Thanks Michelle!! Good Luck to you this cycle too!!

LOL.. I thought you would like the Femara better! What Mg do they have you on?

Yea.. HCG's are NOT fun what so ever!!

HOw is the glucaphage treating you?

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Thanks! Oh yes....I am so glad I will never have to take Clomid again! Sheesh that stuff is enought to make someone want to commit themselves!

I am taking 2.5mg of femara. I responded to 50mg of Clomid and the very first patient he started out on 5mg of femara ended up with triplets...."ka-winky-dink" he is not sure, but he does not want to take the chance!

He gave me 6 weeks worth of free Glucaphage. It is the really expensive stuff, so I have not had too bad of GI symptoms. Mild nausea and that is about it! I started out on 500mg, then tonight I move up to 1000mg...I sure hope that I don't get sick tonight from it since I am at work! :X

Where are you at in your cycle? Are you 10DPO? Sorry, I don't chart b/c I work nights (I tried and gave up...kind of impossible to chart BBT ).
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-14-2008 at 05:16 PM.

Default Had u/s today...and I'm confused.

Today I went for a follow-up visit after taking my 1st round of Clomid (in over a year) and I am so confused. First of all, my RE looked at the lining of endometrium and said it looked good but he had seen something that looked like dark spots (which he descibed as looking like swiss cheese holes) and will study them because he'd claimed he hadn't seen that before.

My second thing is that he was unable to see my left ovary because it is very hard to see even with the vaginal u/s probe, believe me...he tried his hardest. On the other hand he was able to see my right ovary and saw that the follicles in there were smaller than he would like them to be.

And here is some information to let you know how this cycle has bee for me:

Enjuvia 0.45 mg x 14 days
    Prometrium x 6 days
    CD Started 5/5 - Ended 5/7
    Clomid CD 4-8
    U/S 5/14
    Follow-up U/S & consultation 5/19

Please let me know what you all think about my cycle, I would greatly appreciate another take on it. Oh, and I forgot to mention that FF says I will possibly be fertile from 5/16 to 5/18 and I am "supposed" to ovulate on 5/19. I am fairly new to using FF and also took a long break from TTC so I had not charted in close to 8 months, so I can't actually go by much information because none was entered. So as I said before, I would love to hear someone else's opinion on it.

Thanks all!
    Last edited by AndreaDay; 05-14-2008 at 08:10 PM.
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.

4. Default

Paula I got off BC last month...I haven't been dx with it yet..he's just guessing so he has to make sure BC is out of system to test...

Born 12/7/10 @7:37pm...5lb 2oz...18 1/2 inches long

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Thanks! Oh yes....I am so glad I will never have to take Clomid again! Sheesh that stuff is enought to make someone want to commit themselves!

I am taking 2.5mg of femara. I responded to 50mg of Clomid and the very first patient he started out on 5mg of femara ended up with triplets...."ka-winky-dink" he is not sure, but he does not want to take the chance!

He gave me 6 weeks worth of free Glucaphage. It is the really expensive stuff, so I have not had too bad of GI symptoms. Mild nausea and that is about it! I started out on 500mg, then tonight I move up to 1000mg...I sure hope that I don't get sick tonight from it since I am at work! :X

Where are you at in your cycle? Are you 10DPO? Sorry, I don't chart b/c I work nights (I tried and gave up...kind of impossible to chart BBT ).
    Yea..I know what you mean about the clomid.. Isn't it nice not having any clo-moods??? LOL

WOW.. Femara is suppose to be a little less of a chance of multiplies. If you were Oing on 50mg of Clomid then 2.5 mg of Femara is perfect.

What's dose are you working your way up to on the Glucaphage? I'm on the generic Metformin I take 1700mg. I did two weeks on 850mg and then moved up to 1700mg.. I had a little bit of GI problems.. but was ok after a couple of days..

I'm on CD 6, 4th day of Follistim. GROOOOOW FOLLIES GROOOOOW!!!!

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Andrea, Not sure how much I can help you....but you should O anywhere from 5-8 (or more) days after your last dose of Clomid. Your AF sounds like my AF...short...I would use some pre-seed on the days you ! Clomid can dry up your CM. That is strange he could see your left ovary. Have you had an HSG yet?

Good luck!
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-15-2008 at 02:33 AM.

Paula...Clomooody psyhco beotch is no more!

I know that is crazy about the femara and multiples. I am just glad my RE likes to play it safe! I hope this is the right cocktail of meds to get me my

I started out on 500mg and am now at 1000mg, which is am sure will be my max dose. I need to ask him if I will stay on it for the entire pg once it does happen! I have heard some peeps do and some do not.

! Grow follies grow

RE said last week that I had some good size follies on my left side (my dominant O side (CD4 he did not want to see them bigger than 15...they were 10-13) and then my right side he saw several small ones. I will find out Friday how much bigger they are. I think they have been a-growing like craazy cuz I been cramping! A lot despite our colds!

for follies that are growing
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-15-2008 at 02:51 AM.

Hello! Thank you so much for this thread. I just met with my DR this week and we are testing for PCOS. I spent 2 hours at Borders reading books about this and was totally enlightened. I have had symptoms since I was a teenager and didn't know it. I've been in the TTC room since Oct and had read many ladies talking about PCOS and what they were going thru. This made call for an appt with my DR and she was so helpful in wanting to start testing. I do have a few questions and hopefully I can learn from some of you here.

I am getting my glucose test done tomorrow. She gave me the referral for the HSG and AD test for DH. She said I can do it when i want, but is there a better order to this process? Should I do it right away or wait a while? She gave me a script for Prometrium 200mg to start CD12, which I have to wait until next cycle to start.

Just looking for some feedback that this seems like a good start to getting things under control. TIA!!
    YO 28, DH 30 ~ TTC #1 since 10/07 ~ Hypo & PCOS
    On charting break!
    Praying for Ktover's & EJ's H&H 9 months!!

Welcome happilimarried! Glad to hear that you have been doing research. Education is the first step to getting control of your fertility!

Well, depends on how agressive you want to be with TTC. I would get it done asap since you have orders for it rather than wait. This can allieviate a lot of stress (or add if they find something wrong....but then you have to think that if something is wrong- you can get it fixed or treated quicker depending on the problem).

FYI the HSG is not the most comfortable thing in the world...some women do not complain of a lot of pain.....but whew...mine hurt like a &%$#@&*! My friend had one too and she said it hurt a lot. The good thing is that the pain does not last but for maybe 5 mins....if that! But it can also help flush your tubes out if you have gunk in em'! This test is considered diagnositic....but it really can be therapeutic. Many women get pg within 3 mos after having it done (of course this will all depend on your situation).

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-16-2008 at 05:30 PM.

PS. Had f/u U/S.....

Edometrial lining up from 4 to 8
    21cm folly on left side
    hCG injection (ovidrel) this am
    should O by 10-1030 tomorrow night
    so....lots of ahead of us!
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-16-2008 at 05:34 PM.

PS. Had f/u U/S.....

Edometrial lining up from 4 to 8
    21cm folly on left side
    hCG injection (ovidrel) this am
    should O by 10-1030 tomorrow night
    so....lots of ahead of us!
    YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is a GREAT follie! i hope the femara did the trick for you!

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

Welcome happilimarried! Glad to hear that you have been doing research. Education is the first step to getting control of your fertility!

Well, depends on how agressive you want to be with TTC. I would get it done asap since you have orders for it rather than wait. This can allieviate a lot of stress (or add if they find something wrong....but then you have to think that if something is wrong- you can get it fixed or treated quicker depending on the problem).

FYI the HSG is not the most comfortable thing in the world...some women do not complain of a lot of pain.....but whew...mine hurt like a &%$#@&*! My friend had one too and she said it hurt a lot. The good thing is that the pain does not last but for maybe 5 mins....if that! But it can also help flush your tubes out if you have gunk in em'! This test is considered diagnositic....but it really can be therapeutic. Many women get pg within 3 mos after having it done (of course this will all depend on your situation).

Good luck and keep us posted!
    Thanks! I think I will go ahead and get it schedule for right after my next AF. I will keep you all posted!
    On charting break!

Robin-I sure hope that b/t the femara, the gluc, and the trigger we get our BFP this month! Woo-hoo! I am a little concerned about the CM I had today....kind of odd...it was clear and stretchy but with some white streak things (TMI sorry....but I have read that it is still among the most fertile...but I have never seen it like this before with me...only in pics LOL...mmmm we shall see! Hope you are feeling better today

Happilymarried- Good luck! When are you expecting AF to arrive?

Robin where are you? I misses you on this thread!

Happilymarried- Good luck! When are you expecting AF to arrive?
    The 29th. I figure I would call for my appt once it arrived and hopefully I can get it done before my next ovulation. I'll be watching for your BFP! Good luck!!!
    On charting break!

Happilymarried....Thanks Oh yes, that it what I did. They SHOULD schedule your HSG CD7-9 or 10. They want to do it before you O! Good luck with it! Keep us posted on everything

So, my insulin test came back normal. That's good. I know this is crazy but I was a little disappointed not to a have a little excuse for the sudden weight gain over the last 2 years. BLAH! Guess it's just me!
    On charting break!

That is great! The wt gain can be related to the PCOS if you have it! Not everyone who has PCOS has insulin problems! What other labs did they do?

I am so glad to see there is a support thread for all the many women suffering the wrath of PCOS. I too have a story similar to those I read in this thread. I wanted to share something more important with you all though. I was blessed with a daughter 12 years ago when I was only 18 and this disease definately will and is affecting her too as well. I am lucky my fertility doctor is also a pediatric gynecologist and mentioned to watch her as well. She started her period last October and already her u/s proved to be cystic. We have decided to put her on the pill to regulate and control her hormone levels so she does not suffer the same pain and heart ache that goes with years of TTC. I urge you all to watch you daughters and even your nieces closely so they can be protected!

I wish I found APA when I was TTC, the support here is overwhelming!
    Last edited by CdnBaby; 06-06-2008 at 09:52 AM.

CdnBaby thank you for your thoughts

That is great! The wt gain can be related to the PCOS if you have it! Not everyone who has PCOS has insulin problems! What other labs did they do?

That's just it, they are not doing any other test! The next test I'll be doing is the HSG...what other test should they be doing? TIA
    On charting break!

They only tested your sugars? Mmmm...they should be checking your DHEA and testosterone levels. I cannot remember but did they ck your thyroid? Mmm..lets see...what else....not related to PCOS but have they tested you for Chlamydia? There are not really any symptoms, most people who have it don't even know it until they are trying to get pg.

They only tested your sugars? Mmmm...they should be checking your DHEA and testosterone levels. I cannot remember but did they ck your thyroid? Mmm..lets see...what else....not related to PCOS but have they tested you for Chlamydia? There are not really any symptoms, most people who have it don't even know it until they are trying to get pg.
    Already on thyroid meds, very low dose and had my 6 month check up and everything was in line. No to Chlamydia, I've been tested years ago for STDs and my DH and I have been together for 10 years.

Thanks for the info! I'll see what the doc wants to do next after the HSG.
    On charting break!

Well, that settles that! But what about the DHEA and testosterone?

You are expecting AF soon right? Just make sure you take 600-800 mg of Motrin one hr before the HSG....unless your doc prescribed you something else!

Tiffie-I found the thread...I hope you find us here!

Xevy - I am hoping and praying for your BFP so I will be stalking you this week!!!!!

Danielle

Thank you I can use some good news this week! It has been rough this last week at work EEK..!

How are you feeling?

Michelle (xevy) I am going to the Dr today (2 PM PST) to see about changing my BP meds... I wrote down Aldomet already for a BP med that is safe in pregnancy... are there others?? I want to go prepared! I was supposed to go on sat but I moved it up to today and never had the chance yet to ask you about it! So, if you see this before I leave that would be AWESOME!

i searched around online and found methyldopa, hydralazine, and procardia....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaDay View Post
    Sara, you mentioned in your post earlier that you were on Metformin but had an allegic reaction to it. That is a shame because when I was on it (about 1 yr.) I seemed to have lost a lot of weight. I went from a size 14 pants (borderline 16) to a 12, possibly 10. I could only think that the reason for it was because of the Metformin. You see the thing is that with the Meformin you can't have too many carbs if not any at all because it will cause you to go "boom" (diarrhea), sorry for TMI. So not being able to eat those things made me lose all that weight.

Now my RE does not want me to take the Metformin just yet but we shall see because I will see what he has in store for me next. I just got AF and have no clue what he will have me take next. My guess is he wants to get me to ovulate so he will probably get me on clomid/glucophage or something so that I can get my BFP!

Believe me, I too have been there as well as many of the other girls on here who are trying to stay positive. We're just not doing our bodies any good by making them stress. Especially when our bodies are already going through enough with PCOS, blood pressure's, insulin, imbalanced hormones, and medications. I too worry, but I try to do other things to get my mind off of worrying because if I don't, I will end up an emotional mess and then my poor DH has to come to my rescue (thank God for our DH's). It also helps if you tell your DH every little thing that is on your mind because it sure seems to help me. I am sure that he will help you through it.

Peace, Love, & Happiness.

Andrea
    Hi Andrea
    What do all those initials mean? I think I need a cheat sheet to know what everyone is referring to.