Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: PCOS Thread

Wink PCOS Thread

So I was thinking since there are so many of us that have PCOS, some of us who might have PCOS and some of us who have no idea....that there should be a thread for us gals.

Here is the just of my story...some of you have read my rants.

STC for over a year now, suspected PCOS b/c no pg being off BCPs over 3 yrs, STC, family history of PCOS and other fertilit issues, 3 GYN's said no way I have it b/c I am thin and not hairy. Hello have they ever heard of people who have aytpical PCOS...not everyone is textbook! Anyway, so after being on 2 mos of Clomid and still no pg I decided that enough was enough and we went to see a wonderful RE who immediatly Dx me with aypical PCOS. I finished my 3rd and last round of Clomid in April and waited for AF to arrive so I could call my RE and make an appt to get me stared on Femara and glucaphage. He will be doing several f/u U/S thru-out my cycle and I have my HSG scheduled for Friday. DH S/A is a-ok.I started my new meds yesterday and am optimistic about our chances of becoming pg more than ever! The RE said he is very optimistic about our chances as well (friends of ours referred us to him after having a sucessful IVF with twins 4 yrs ago...they said he would not say that if he did not mean it! plus two people I work with see him too, one just had her 1st in December and the other he and his wife have had 2 kids and they are working on their 3rd!). Hurray for super RE!!

Anyway, so that is kind of a long story short!

I am also an RN and working on my masters in nursing and am seriously thinking about writing my graduate thesis about PCOS and heart Dz. PCOS causes cancer and heart disease. I really think that there is a huge correlation b/t the 2, seeing how PCOS is underdiagnosed and how heart dz is the #1 killer in women. .... ...ok I'll get off the now! I sure hope that made sense..I am suffering from a nasty cold from H*&$ and it I tend to ramble and not make any sense!

Good luck everyone with and

Definition of PCOS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcos
    Links for PCOS
    http://women.webmd.com/tc/polycystic...topic-overview
    http://www.womens-health.co.uk/pcos.asp
    Last edited by Xevy; 06-05-2008 at 06:38 PM.

I Guess I'll Go Next......

Dh And I Have Been Together Since 1997. Ttc Since 1998. One M/c In 1999.
    Diagnosis Of Pcos In 2006. No Bfp's Since.

DH HAS HAD A S/A. THE RE WAS VERY IMPRESSED. EVERYTHING WAS ABOVE AVERAGE...

I Have Insulin Resistance And High Testosterone. I've Done 3 Months Of Clomid.
    Tried Metformin But Bad Allergic Reaction To It.
    Last Month Was My First Month On Follistim. My Ovaries Did Nothing....

I Finished Provera Yesterday... Just Waiting On Af To Start Higher Dose Of Follistim And Ovidrel For This Cycle...

That Was 10 Years Of Very Long Ttc Story Made Very Short.

Good Luck To All My Pcos Sisters...

Everytime I Look Up Pcos, I Seem To Come Across High Blood Pressure, Heart Disease And Diabetes. I Also Beleive There Is A Connection. Also Weight Gain, Which I Have Experienced.
    Last edited by SaraH.; 05-07-2008 at 09:01 PM.

I too have a long history of fertility issues in my family as well as cervical/uterine cancer. To make my long story a short one, I have PCOS and had a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy to remove 6 polyps and a D&C (not for a miscarriage). I have been on Metformin for insulin resistance, Glucophage, Prometrium and Enjuvia for AF. I had not had AF since Sep. '07 (that would be about 8 months or so), just recently had AF this Monday (5/5/08) after taking Enjuvia and Prometrium.

I should also mention that I am Insulin Resistant and am really prone to being a type 2 diabetic, DH's S/A is above average (17 million is average, he had 40 million). My Grandma and Aunt Rita are both diabetic (Aunt Rita has one ovary removed), Aunt Corina has Endometriosis, Aunt Gloria and Aunt Delia both have had hysterectomy's. This all comes from my mother's side of the family.

If God does decide to bless me this time around (my cycle) with a baby then I will let you all know. I will be going to see my RE this week if not the next. So good luck to us all and happy BD! ***Baby Dust***
    Last edited by AndreaDay; 05-07-2008 at 09:47 PM.
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.

Here is my story:

I went on depo for two years after getting off and going to BCP I found out I had little cyst all over. I took my last pack in May and conceived my daughter in december 2001 by my first husband.

After my daughter I tried one more shot of depo,then BCP, then the patch and finally just had a iud put in.

In October 2006 I had the IUD pulled after being in pain from what I think was a popped cyst(but never got that confrimed) and then went on BCP. Stopped those do to loseing insuranece benifits and wanting to have my boday ready so we could get preg easier. Then after awhile we went back on BCP.

I stopped BCP last december for me and my new husband to start trying for a baby. Here has been my periods sense Jan till now...........

Jan 10- Feb 23 45 days

Feb 23- March 23 30days

Mar 23 - April 24 32 days

So as you can see I am very irregular

DH was also told her has pretty much no sperm but that is debatable right now becuase he had a kidney stone recently so he was given flomax which a side affect is a slow sperm count so we are waiting to see if that is true or not. The dr also told him he caries the gene or fibrocystic so.

That is my story...

My doctor said if we can not be fixed there is artifical ,invtro, donor or adoption.

So that is my story
    :prayraying for BabyBlues to have a positive
    http://

I have had primary hypertension since I was 20. I will be 28 in July.

Xevy (what is your name???)

I want to hear more about the PCOS and heart disease stuff... lay it on me

eta: I will try to get on tomorrow or friday to give some of my PCOS history... too much effort for me right now LOL
    Last edited by Songbird_kay; 05-07-2008 at 11:03 PM.

Me: Robin Follow As Natalie Blooms DH: Aaron

I Just Want To Say....

I Have Always Had Irregular Periods Since The Age Of 11. Never Had High Blood Pressure Or Weight Gain. Until 2005. I Was Right At The Weight I Should Be, Then My Dh Was Sent To Iraq, I Lost Weight.(from Worry I Think.)

When He Came Home In 2005 Until Now I Have Gained Almost 85 Lbs.
    I Never Had High Blood Pressure Until I Gained The Weight...
    Have Recentley Started Low Carb Diet. Hope This Will Help Me Lose Weight.

Hope This Will Help Me "o". But I Have My Doubts.... Since Dh And I Were Trying 8 Yrs. With Me At A Good Weight. I Think My Ovaries Are Done Working. I Hope I Am Wrong... Seems Hopeless Sometimes....

Trying To Stay Positive, But It Is Hard Sometimes....

Sara, you mentioned in your post earlier that you were on Metformin but had an allegic reaction to it. That is a shame because when I was on it (about 1 yr.) I seemed to have lost a lot of weight. I went from a size 14 pants (borderline 16) to a 12, possibly 10. I could only think that the reason for it was because of the Metformin. You see the thing is that with the Meformin you can't have too many carbs if not any at all because it will cause you to go "boom" (diarrhea), sorry for TMI. So not being able to eat those things made me lose all that weight.

Now my RE does not want me to take the Metformin just yet but we shall see because I will see what he has in store for me next. I just got AF and have no clue what he will have me take next. My guess is he wants to get me to ovulate so he will probably get me on clomid/glucophage or something so that I can get my BFP!

Believe me, I too have been there as well as many of the other girls on here who are trying to stay positive. We're just not doing our bodies any good by making them stress. Especially when our bodies are already going through enough with PCOS, blood pressure's, insulin, imbalanced hormones, and medications. I too worry, but I try to do other things to get my mind off of worrying because if I don't, I will end up an emotional mess and then my poor DH has to come to my rescue (thank God for our DH's). It also helps if you tell your DH every little thing that is on your mind because it sure seems to help me. I am sure that he will help you through it.

Peace, Love, & Happiness.

Andrea
    Last edited by AndreaDay; 05-08-2008 at 12:00 AM.
    Me and DH happily married since December 18, 2004
    7/18/08 - The day our little angel went to heaven.

Yep.... I Was Very Allergic To Metformin.... On The 3rd Day Of It I Was Sent To E.r. For Sore Throat, Hives Everywhere And Trouble Breathing...

Was Not A Very Fun Time... I Know Met. Could Help Me So Much With The Pcos.
    I Just Simply Can't Take It.... Stinks... I Know.....

Kimmie Guest

Well...I am currently due for a baby after a horrible struggle in this room for many years. Here is what I went through....hopefully it will help someone and also give hope to not give up.

I got PG in on many forms of BC in my younger days. In 1997 I had my now 11 yr old son, he was a pill baby and the only BC baby I had survive.

After my son, I thought I was too fertile and began Depo Provera. The worst choice I ever made in my life. I was on the shot till Dec 2003. After being diagnosed with all sorts of odd disorders and having another loss (did not even know I was PG) and 70 lbs later, I stopped the shot. It took 9 mos for AF to come bac and when she did she came every 2 weeks for 7 days. I went on the Nuva ring to make her regular. I lost all my weight and my disorders disappeared. You think I would have made a connection...nope.

In 2005 I met my DH and fell madly in love with him. We decided that we would TTC right away. First month off the ring I got a BFP, followed by AF. I thought nothing of it. Many women have chemicals and as a medical professional. I knew it was common. The mext month, March 2005, another BFP followed by AF. I was now back to 2 AF's per month. I went into my gyno and told him that I had been off Depo for 15 mos and was having AF every other week. He did a u/s and told me that my lining was very thin and that I was probably not ovulating at all and if i did it was not viable. He suggested Clomid aftre getting AF normal. He put me on Prometrium from CD 14- 28 to make the 2nd AF go away. It worked and then I started Clomid in May 2005. That was the 1st cycle I had that was 28 days since stopping BC.

I got PG on round 2 in June 2005. By the beginning of July I started spotting and was getting mixed test results. I had learned at that point that this was expected after Depo use and that it could take 18+ mos to get the Depo out of me. I decided to skip a month of Clomid. I took OPKs as usual and got a pos OPK on CD 20 in Aug 2005. AF came 8 days later. I felt weird and POAS anyway and got a blazing BFP. We were elated. I was due May 13 2006, on my wedding day and DH's birthday. My GP did a blood test and said I was 4 weeks PG. Now, little did I know as i was in the middle of AF, that I was m/cing. A week later and repeat hCG my level was 7. I was devistated. I was told that I had LPD and low Progesterone. I was put on Prometrium to take from 3 DPO till AF or 12 weeks PG. It had now been 8 mos of TTC and 4 losses. I was a bit confused at what was going on. I did 3 cycles of just Prometrium to see if my body would respond on its own and to regulate port loss. Nothing happened. I began to really temp and found out I was not even 'o'ing, dispite multiple pos OPKs. I began Clomid again at 50 mg in Dec 2005. I noticed that my temp jump was not very good and that I was 'o'ing weak on 50 mg. In Jan 2006 I upped the dose to 100 mg and actually had a good ovulation, although no PG. I continued on Clomid 100 mg for many mor cycles. In April 2006 I had an HSG and all was clear. I got PG on my wedding night in May 2006 (the only time in 9 mos we had BDed with me on top). We were again elated, and thought now on Prometrium I would be safe.

In June 2006, at 6 weeks, I was losing our baby. I had no bleeding or anything to warn me...my numbers never went past 288. I stopped Prometrium and passed the baby. At this point I was POed that no one would listen to me. I was not stupid and I knew something was wrong. I knew I had PCOS yet because I was thin and had very little hair they told me no. Well, reoccuring PG loss is an indicator of PCOS as well. I was retested and they diagnosed me with PCOS finally after I lost 5 babies.

I began 1500 mg of Metformin in June 2006. We took one month off CLomid and began the 100 mg regime up in Aug 2006. I noticed my cycles and temps improved after 5-6 months post beginning Metformin. By Feb 2007, I was getting discouraged that I was still not PG. We decided that our gyno was not qualified to treat us for this issue. Little did I know how ill qualified he was. I went to an RE and found out he had never done the full m/c panal. I was tested to EVERYTHING. The RE was not convinced that I had PCOS either till she got my results. I am one of those women who my ONLY PCOS sign is high Testosterone and DHEA-S. This is where male hormones dominate the body (can be caused by prolonged hormonal BC use that shuts the production of female hormones off) and can cause repeated loss. I also found out I have MTHFR factor. My RE was very proactive and I was upped to 2000 mg of Met, 100 mg, Clomid, 10,000 mIU trigger, and 200 mg Prometrium. We also realized during this time that it appeared that the only time I got PG was if I was on top. Missionary did not seem to get me PG. I found out my cervix was tipped and that when on my back, it was not in a position for sperm transport. I then bought Instead Cups and my RE said to use them after BDing.

My 3rd cycle on my new regime and I got my long awaited BFP. I was scared to death. I thought for sure I would simply m/c again. Well, I did not. I am now just under 38 weeks PG and Rory Andrew Liam is due to come into this world at anytime now. Everything I went through, the 3 misdiagnosis, the losses, the tests, and the heartache was not only worth it...I would do it all again to get here. It is trial and error with things like POCS. I had no idea that all I needed was Metformin to not m/c. It was the missing piece of puzzle. So, don't give up. Once they find your cocktail to get and keep you PG, it will work. It just takes time to figure it all out and a good doc who will listen to you!

Andrea: Hello! Glucaphage is metformin, one is the brand name and the other is the generic name! Why does he not want you to take metformin yet? It can decrease your chances of miscarriage (not that there is evidence based research supporting it but it does-many gals on here will support it and my RE said the same thing when I asked him about it). It can help you "O" either alone or in combo with other meds. I have been doing some more reading and some of the lit I have read is saying that femara (letrozole) might be the new drug of choice for O induction rather than clomid (aka..clomood). I hope you get your BFP soon too You deserve it...ps ask him about femara!

Kimmie's story always gets me teary eyed, but is it such an inspiration and she is the reason I said F#&* it (scuse the french) we are going to see an RE! It sucks getting misdiagnosed and then having docs not listen to you. Listen to your heart and your gut!

Congrats again Kimmie! I bet you guys are anxious to meet lil Rory!

Songbird: Hi! Well, I am not an expert, but there is evidence based research linking PCOS to HTN (hypertension-which can lead to heart dz if not treated; stoke, etc.) heart dz, DM (diabetes mellitus- which can also lead to heart dz) and cancer. It is just my personal opinion that since PCOS is linked to heart Dz and that PCOS seems to be underdiagnosed/misdiagnosed that there has to be a link to the high rate of women dying from heart dz (god I hope I am making sense-still fightin this darn cold).

Anyway, in the US heart dz kills more women than any other dz or cancer. Here is a link to show you some stats about heart dz. http://www.womenheart.org/informatio...fact_sheet.asp. And here are two articles about PCOS and heart dz http://www.healthwatchcenter.com/200...heart-disease/. http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/ne...cfm?number=384 Not just obese women are at risk for heart dz. I am barely 5'7" and weigh b/t 135-140. I have had HTN for almost 8 years now. I take aldomet to control my bp (blood pressure). I was taking Toperal XL before we started trying, but aldomet is safer to take during pg. If I was not controlling my BP...there is a chance that I could have a stroke.

This article is interesting.. http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...30/ai_63922871 .... studies like this are like mmmm but I bet these women that were in this study were all treated for PCOS...this just might support my theory! (I just skimmed the article)

Anyway hope this helps some!

Michelle
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-08-2008 at 03:24 PM.

gotcha! I was thinking it was BP related... I have had high bp my whole life, really. Ever since I Was young, when I would go to the DR they would always ask me "is your GP typically on the higher end?" every time! LOL I started Meds a few years ago when I was having really bad, chronic migraines. I also had really bad headaches in HS, but never did anything about it.

Now, even on meds, my BP is not controlled. Today it was 160/96, argh! Last year I passed out at work bc my BP was really high and then suddenly bottomed out. They did all kinds of tests after that to check my heart and so on, I will have to find the results of the u/s, echo, and all that jazz, but I know there were several indications that I am already heading in the direction of heart disease

SO, this is why I Was interested. Right now I am on lisinopril. When I got PG last year the Dr chanegd me to labetolol and I Was having BP checks 2-3x a week from the DAY I got my BFP! **sigh**

Maybe you should be on a different med. I know that I had to change meds b/c it was not really controlling my BP's. I would get a new doc. I assume you have seen a cardiologist? I used to suffer from tachycardia too and had to wear a Queen of Hearts cardiac monitor for two weeks. We learned that I have a heart arrhythmia...nothing serious at this point in my life. I also used to get chronic migraines. But since I started Toperal and even the aldomet, I have not had one. BP meds can help with migraines.

PCOS is linked to high BP...I do not want to rain on any of your plans, but I would get your BP under control before getting pg. Sometimes diet and exercise can help with lowering your BP as well (in addition to meds). Get a new doc Have you ever heard of Pre-eclampsia/eclampsia? We are at higher risk for this since we already have pre-existing HTN (even though some women can come off their meds during pg up until late 2nd tri or into 3rd trimester...this is about the time some women are Dx with PIH-pg induced HTN). You are at a higher risk since your BP is not well controlled.

Okay well getting of the soap box again...I really hope this helps and please get the BP under control! Is your thyroid under control?

Unhappy

OK..I'll be next...

My doctor diagnosed me with PCOS right away in the fall of 2005 (even though I am thin and not hairy either). I did get pregnant in the spring of 2006 while taking femara. Sadly, I miscarried in the summer of 2006. Since then, I have had a D&C and surgery to remove fibroid tumors. I went back on femara in the fall of 2007 with no luck. I began femara with a trigger and iui in February 2008 with no success. I'm taking a break now. PCOS has been linked to diabetes and other medical conditions, so I am just trying to focus on being healthy (diet and exercise) right now. I guess my dh and I have been in the process for about 3 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    Maybe you should be on a different med. I know that I had to change meds b/c it was not really controlling my BP's. I would get a new doc. I assume you have seen a cardiologist? I used to suffer from tachycardia too and had to wear a Queen of Hearts cardiac monitor for two weeks. We learned that I have a heart arrhythmia...nothing serious at this point in my life. I also used to get chronic migraines. But since I started Toperal and even the aldomet, I have not had one. BP meds can help with migraines.

PCOS is linked to high BP...I do not want to rain on any of your plans, but I would get your BP under control before getting pg. Sometimes diet and exercise can help with lowering your BP as well (in addition to meds). Get a new doc Have you ever heard of Pre-eclampsia/eclampsia? We are at higher risk for this since we already have pre-existing HTN (even though some women can come off their meds during pg up until late 2nd tri or into 3rd trimester...this is about the time some women are Dx with PIH-pg induced HTN). You are at a higher risk since your BP is not well controlled.

Okay well getting of the soap box again...I really hope this helps and please get the BP under control! Is your thyroid under control?
    oh, dont worry... u are not "raining on my plans" This and other health reasons are why we are on a break right now (as u can see in my siggy ) My BP is one of the things we are monitoring and working on getting under control. I started on atenolol and that worked for a while, but it was still higher than my dr wanted, so it got changed to lisenopril. w/in DAYS I got PG with my first and was switched to labetolol, which I described in the previous post.... I stayed on the labetolol even after the loss since we were sill trying and figured it would be better to just stay on it... my BP gradually got higher and high and so that got switched recently back to lisenopril. Right now I Am taking 40mg but i think it needs to be higher or a new med. My DH suggested maybe a maxide or something to help. IDK... We dont have insurance right now, so I am definitely NOT seeing a cardiologist. When I passed out a year ago bc of the BP they did the same thing you were talking about where I had to wear this heart monitor around for a couple weeks. But with this you had to press the button when having an "episode" and I never had one during the time, so it was no help at all. ANYWAY...

hisgirl2001 Guest

Hello, My name is Lanette. I guess I am a newbie to the PCOS family. I went to the doctor today and she said she had no doubt that pcos is what I have. I have had a history of irregular periods for the last few years. Weight gain in my mid section and unpleasant hair growth. She said since dh and I have been trying ttc for 9 months she told me to get healthy first before anything. So I am now determined more then ever to loose weight and get healthy so i can O more regular and have more regular cycles. all dh and i want more then anything is a baby. so hopefully it happens soon for all of us ladies. Since I just found out today so I've been researching pcos and hopefully i can know more about it.

UGH...I just lost my "book" I just wrote! DOH..okay I will start over....

Songbird: I see your siggy! LOL! Have you tried applying for help thru your state for medical asst, like medicaid? Are you super duper stressed out all the time? Stress can cause your BP to go up too. Have you had your kidneys checked (U/S, labs, etc)? I am very happy to hear that you are going to get your BP and health under control before trying again! It will be soo worth it when you get that BFP

Faith: So sorry you have been going thru STC for so long and with a m/c Have you ever taken glucaphage? This med can decrease your chances of m/c! I assume DH has had an S/A and that you have had an HSG? Glad you are focusing on getting healthy right now! It is so important! Good luck to you

Lannette: Are you seeing an RE for your PCOS? What are some of the tests you have had (vag ultrasound, labs, DH S/A, etc). Glucaphage can help regulate your cycles in addition to moderate excercise and a nutritious healthy diet. Here are a couple of links to get you started if you have not already come across them! Just remember that not all woemn w/ PCOS are "textbook" which is why PCOS is diffucult to dx!
    http://www.pcosupport.org/
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polycystic_ovary_syndrome
    http://www.ivf.com/pcostreat.html

MY update: I eat healthy and am at a healthy wt. I do have belly flab...that no matter what I do I cannot get rid of (even when I was working out with a personal trainer...doh! BP undercontrol. I will take my last dose of femara tonight, titrate the glucaphage to 1000mg on Wed. F/U with RE on Friday to see how I responded to the femara....BD like crazy .....then will be in the 2ww after Oing! Oh yeah...did I mention that I had my HSG yesterday...OOOUCH!

Good luck everyone at getting healthy and getting those BFP so you can have a H&H 9mos!
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-10-2008 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xevy View Post
    UGH...I just lost my "book" I just wrote! DOH..okay I will start over....

Songbird: I see your siggy! LOL! Have you tried applying for help thru your state for medical asst, like medicaid? Are you super duper stressed out all the time? Stress can cause your BP to go up too. Have you had your kidneys checked (U/S, labs, etc)? I am very happy to hear that you are going to get your BP and health under control before trying again! It will be soo worth it when you get that BFP

MY update: I eat healthy and am at a healthy wt. I do have belly flab...that no matter what I do I cannot get rid of (even when I was working out with a personal trainer...doh! BP undercontrol. I will take my last dose of femara tonight, titrate the glucaphage to 1000mg on Wed. F/U with RE on Friday to see how I responded to the femara....BD like crazy .....then will be in the 2ww after Oing! Oh yeah...did I mention that I had my HSG yesterday...OOOUCH!

Good luck everyone at getting healthy and getting those BFP so you can have a H&H 9mos!
    We do not qualify for medicaid bc we arent PG or have children. So frustrating! I am going to a clinic right now that is funded by grants. We had to pay $30 each to start and then all of our treatment, appts, labs, everything except meds is COVERED COMPLETELY! So, that is pretty awesome. It is hard to get to see the same Dr every time, especially OB (they are only there on thurs and fri) but it is way better than nothing, at the moment. And they have sat appts so it is easy for me to get in for gen med. I only started going there a couple weeks ago, so I am still just going through the beginning process of trying to find a med that will work for my BP. I dont think I have had anything to check my kidneys... not that I can think of...

The last year has been VERY stressful, so I am sure that hasnt helped my BP. DH was out of work for 10+ months and I was diagnosed with BPD last summer after a failed suicide attempts and week in a mental hospital. It took several months to get my own mind and body back to a good functioning state and now I am doing great and working full time again as a nanny since December. All that to say, yes I have been stressed! LOL but the last few months has been pretty good for me and DH has a job now and was accepted into a great internship program.

Good luck with the Femara! It seems like that is what everyone is doing now! LOL We are cycle buddies, too... I am on CD9 ;)

That is great you are able to go to a clinic and not have to pay a lot of $$! (please no one take offense to this but I think that the only thing I agree with Hilary Clinton so far is her statements about how we need Universal health care in this country...esp for people like yourself....again...no offense to people who are voting for her....I honestly have no opinion on who to vote for this election). It sounds like you both have been through a lot and have become stronger! I am sorry to hear that you have struggled so much that you wanted to take your own life. But again, is sounds like you are doing great! Keep up the positive attitude! I am glad to hear you both have been doing better! I bet being a nanny brings you a lot of joy! What does your DH do? Will he evetually be eligable for health benes? I think you guys are taking the right steps to get to your BFP...even if you are on a break! :gome:

We are cycle buds Robin!:buddies:

My DH was a paralegal, but was unable to find work. With the economy the way it is right now there are a LOT of people out of work in cali, so he would interview and get really good reviews from the people (and even feedback after the fact) and was always told he was great and had good qualifications, but they hired someone with much more experience *ARGH!* for a couple there were even ATTORNEYS taking paralegal positions just to get work... he couldnt compete with that. So now he is sub teaching and will start teaching full time in the fall while working in the internship program. In this program you are hired like a reg teacher... full pay and benefits and EVERYTHING! They take the cost of the classes right out of the paychecks and he takes night classes a couple days a week to get his credential. It is pretty awesome!

Thanks for all the encouraging words! I am going to call and make an appt for next sat with a gen pract. to see what we can do about BP meds. I will ask about the ones u suggested- Thanks!

I wont be a great cycle buddy since I am not gonna be BDing or testing, though LOL But I can encourage YOU nonetheless!

That is awesome! Maybe the timing will be perfect! He'll get his teaching cert and you'll get your BP figured out and your other health "stuff" he'll get his benes and then you guys will get your BFP

That is okay...we can still be cycle buddies We can encourage each other

This just made me cry.....take a look my pcos pals

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ke72_oZic4U

here is a funny one about PCOS....but please...I must warn you...there are some vulgar words used...so watch with caution! ...now the girl that put this together is young and not TTC ...so be aware of her comments k! http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoid=9469443
    Last edited by Xevy; 05-10-2008 at 04:57 PM.

that last one is awesome (the crude language in regards to PCOS is MUCH DESERVED! It is horrible!)

I spent a long time watching several different videos... I am glad people are trying to get the word out about PCOS. Awareness is the key!

I agree about the language...I was laughing so hard I had to start it over b/c I missed parts of it. It is soo **** true!

I really am getting into learning as much as I can about PCOS (not just b/c I have it, but b/c I am a nurse an I can make a difference and education is KEY I know I am such a dweeb!

Interesting article about pre-eclampsia and chocolate

http://www.babycenter.com/204_chocol...ion_5231635.bc

26. Default

Hi ladies...I got off BC over a month ago, my endo doctor wants run test to see if I have PCOS since my AF is irregular and I have acne...Is it true that I have to be off BC for about 4 months to test me? Did any of you experience this?

Born 12/7/10 @7:37pm...5lb 2oz...18 1/2 inches long

Ok.. I guess I will tell my story too.

I've had bad hormone imbalances since I was in my early teens.. Very irregular. When I was 17 my doctor put me on Bc and I had a reaction to it and bleed for two months straight.. the month after coming off the pill from the bad reaction I got pregnant with my DS who is now 17 years old. I was 18 when I had him. After that I was NPP for many years.. dealing with all the symptoms of PCOS.. just didn't know it was PCOS.. I went years with out an AF at all.. Was put back on BC and had another reaction.. they changed the pill and it did the same thing.. Anyways.. I went on to have two m/c with in a year a part.. In 2001 My high school sweet heart/the father of my Son and I got married, the same year I had another M/c and then was Dx with PCOS.. MY doctor told me he felt sure I had had many chemicals over the years without knowing and told me it's common with PCOS. He then placed me on 50mg of Clomid and had me start charting, I did Clomid for 6 months and then took 6 months off. I changed Ob/gyn's when we moved here... and he placed me back on Clomid.. I did 6 more months of clomid and then was placed on Provera for a year because I do not ovulate on my own, therefor was going without AF's. I tried many herbs and dieting to help me and nothing worked.. So in March of 2007.. I was fed up and decided to go to an RE clinic.. I had an HSG done.. all clear.. I was placed on 100mg of Clomid.. and was ovulating well on it.. Progsterone #'s were great. I was put on a Baby Aspirin and vitamins. In July I had a Chemical and demanded more testing.. At that time they found out I had hypothyroidism and I was put on Synthroid 50mcg, this took about 8 weeks to get into normal range... I continued with the Clomid.. In Oct. they finally put me on Metformin for insulin resistance. I did 8 cycle of Clomid in 2007 and one cycle of 5mg of Femara. We took a O-drug break in Jan, Feb and Mar of 2008 due to medical reasons and $$. I did O those three months for the first time on my own in a very long time but had LP problems.. April I did a round of Femara/Follistim/Trigger which ended with AF and am now on CD 6, 4th day of 80 iu's of Follistim... So we will see what this month brings.

So that's my story.. It's been over 6 years of constant TTC now and I'm praying and hoping for a miracle..

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Quote Originally Posted by liljazzy1122 View Post
    Hi ladies...I got off BC over a month ago, my endo doctor wants run test to see if I have PCOS since my AF is irregular and I have acne...Is it true that I have to be off BC for about 4 months to test me? Did any of you experience this?

Hi liljazzy, How long were you on BC? How long have you been ttc? When were you dx with endo?

At your age it's hard to say what the acne is coming from.. but yes it can cause irregular cycles and acne in some women. It can also cause many other things.. Being on BC can also cause women to be irregular for a while after stopping the pill. Most doctors like for you to try for 6 months to a year after stopping the pill to see if you become normal if not then they do blood work to check hormone levels and u/s to check for cyst.. This is to determine weather you have PCOS or not.

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

The sooner you get tested for PCOS the better!

I did not have acne until I got off BCP, my acne is not bad...but never having problems with it before it is bad to me....no pitting or anything like that.

They should test your thyroid, "girly" labs, DHEA, testosterone, fasting blood sugar, HA1C! Vag U/S to check follies (cysts)...not everyone who has PCOS has a lot of cysts though either...and note everyone who has a lot of cysts has PCOS.

Good luck!

Paula,

Good luck this cycle! I had my HSG last week...OW! I am loving the femara....no mood swings love it

Michelle