Thread: Siggy Guidelines

Hybrid View

Default Siggy Guidelines

Hello to all,

We have talked quite a bit about siggies in the mod room and debated back and forth. The challenge is to not stifle creativity and fun, but at the same time prevent big siggies that take a lot of the page.

Your siggy has four lines. The intent is for:
    1 Text Line
    1 Pic Line
    2 Ticker lines

A siggy may only have 1 pic line. The pic line can have multiple pics in it going across, but it should not exceed 320 pixels high. This means those of you that have pics on top of each other will need to change them.

Ticker lines may be substituted for Text. For example, you might have a name, DSO, and DD line and you might have a quote line.

The primary focus of these guidelines is to focus on the use of pictures. Pictures should be no more than 320 pixels high and no longer stacked on top of each other.

Please make the changes now, so that mods don't have to ask.

Does this apply to something like mine that has a pic with the ticker??

Quote Originally Posted by APA President View Post
    Hello to all,

We have talked quite a bit about siggies in the mod room and debated back and forth. The challenge is to not stifle creativity and fun, but at the same time prevent big siggies that take a lot of the page.

Your siggy has four lines. The intent is for:
    1 Text Line
    1 Pic Line
    2 Ticker lines

A siggy may only have 1 pic line. The pic line can have multiple pics in it going across, but it should not exceed 320 pixels high. This means those of you that have pics on top of each other will need to change them.

Ticker lines may be substituted for Text. For example, you might have a name, DSO, and DD line and you might have a quote line.

The primary focus of these guidelines is to focus on the use of pictures. Pictures should be no more than 320 pixels high and no longer stacked on top of each other.

Please make the changes now, so that mods don't have to ask.
    Okay, well I am going to pm you about some harassment I've been getting on my siggy's that were unfair and didn't follow any guidelines I have ever seen.

<3

okay

*V* looks down hopefully mines okay

my lil princesses my lil bratts all pretty and sweet
    Kenzie 2 1/2 ~ Rileigh 1

well if mines to big or to much just pm..........

i have one pic but two tickers

my lil princesses my lil bratts all pretty and sweet
    Kenzie 2 1/2 ~ Rileigh 1

Both of yours should be fine. You can have two tickers, or a ticker and a line of text. But not like..adding a line of text and then two tickers, unless they are like Mels and next to each other...

To see how big your pic is you can right click on it and go down to Properties and it will show you the pixels....

Madison Elizabeth 3/12/06
    Eden Grace 11/9/07

Thanks for the guidelines! I like siggys that get the point across with taking up as little space as possible

Jae <3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTriplets View Post
    Thanks for the guidelines! I like siggys that get the point across with taking up as little space as possible
    I am the same way...
    Short, Simple & Sweet.

And just to see if Im right

This is what I am getting from the instructions:

Virginia really is a weirdo.....

The example above is what Brad is talking about..a ticker line, a pic line, a text line...but you could technically have more of each thing, so long as its on its same line..such as:

Your pic line:

One cool thing that i noticed with the tickers when i went to lilipie was you can make small versions of the bigger ones so you can have two tickers on one line save room if you want to write something or whatever..

i like this idea keep them small and sweet so they dont take up a page, not asking to much i dont think

and there are lots of creative ways to add lots to 3 lines
    Last edited by sarahlynn; 05-07-2008 at 01:32 PM.

Yes, you all are on track. Thanks for the tip SaraLynn.

Again, the objective is to keep siggies clean and simple without stifling creativity.

Cesy75 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by APA President View Post
    Again, the objective is to keep siggies clean and simple without stifling creativity.
    Sounds Perfect!!! I think the guidelines are fair and useful !

Also, another thing I have noticed is that you HAVE to size your picture in Photobucket or before you upload it to whatever page you are linking from. Although there are boxes that let you resize your picture in the Edit Signature box, it does not retain the adjusted size, it goes to the default of what is uploaded.

hmm...is mine ok?
    Actually, this was all I could get into my siggy...it said I had already used more than 4 lines if I put in any text or whatever...

Freebirthing Mama. My body. My birth. My way.

Megan, it counts blank lines, so if you have any spaces between anything that's why you couldn't add more.

nope, you can see - no blank spaces..

Freebirthing Mama. My body. My birth. My way.

You probably could now Megan. It was doing that to me, telling me what I have in there was too much one day, the next it let me...

Is mine OK?

NSenadenos Guest

I think there is also a limit to how many images you can have. I wanted to put some smilies in mine where the writing is and it wouldn't let me.

bump
    ~ Jess ~ Proud momma of Hayden (7/29/06) Ava (3/14/08) Rainbow Baby Carter (6/8/12)

Hmmm I THINK mine is okay... isn't it? I am NOT computer savvy...

Miracle Baby #2 "Mika"

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

BUMP

We've had an increasing number of siggy pictures being way over the 320p high limit. It'd be great if you could check on yours and fix it if it's over that. Thanks!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Shelbigould@hotmail.com Guest

I'm new to this how do I make a siggy?

My siggy won't show

My ticker I mean...did I leave somethingout

Toeing the edge between sanity and insanity

You need the image code in front and at the end-[img] and [/img]

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Duh

Thanks