Page 83 of 593 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183583 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,490 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

1. Default

Yay for the good news Alma!!!
    Erin & Jacob - Four years later... Ryann Elizabeth Dee is here! October 22nd, 2009! Our Story

Maxine , good luck and please since its last cycle speak to doctor about et on the 5th day very important i did that on my last and 3rd cycle and they kept me on meds more and transfer on 5th day,so just ask on it and wish you the best......Alma

Quote Originally Posted by avelez View Post
    Hello ladies how is everyone doing today, growing babies i know!!!!!So happy everyone is doing very positive.

AFM- i did blood work today and beta went up from 151 on sunday to 956 today so doctors are very happy. need to go on monday again then schedule an ultrasound. Im excited and cant wait to see how many im carrying. chat wth you soon .....ALMA

That's great, alma.
    I'm still waiting for my call and I did my b/w at 7:15am this morning.

Thanks Alma,
    I did ask at my last meeting and again my pigheaded doctor is not a believer in 5th day transfers.. so its the same again for me. If we have better results, maybe he'll reconsider..like enough embies to take the risk with spares for freezing - that would be fantastic ! Lets start praying now, as I've already had the nurse trying to order me the wrong meds - not a good start to this cycle! My RE is old school and one of the original co-founders of Boston IVF and as he reminds me he's been doing this for 40years, its too late for me to change so I'm just going to suck it up and pray for the best.

Maxine

Hi Maxine,

I want to wish you a successful cycle with a BFP.
    I went straight to IVF after 4 years of not getting pregnant.
    I started July of 07.
    After 3 unsuccessful cycles, which we had to pay for, and almost giving up, I finally got insurance that paid for 2 cycles by the age of 40. I am so happy that I got a BFP this time, but, everyday I am scared over any little thing. As I stated, I am waiting for a call from the nurse between 1 and 5pm (eastern time), to get the results of my third beta.

Great news Alma, way to go girl.

Thanks Frances, my fingers crossed for more good news.

Just got back from the doc's and he said my estradiol #s from Tues were good and my follies are growing right on schedule. The ones on my right are still lagging a bit (now 10, 11, and 13--all grew 1mm since Tues) but the ones on the left are doing great. They went from 12, 13, 13, 13, 14 on Tues to 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, and 18--somehow I picked up another one, so now I have 9 total, though the 3 on the right might be a bust. He said I'd be ready for HCG tomorrow and retrieval on Sunday!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeee!!!

Girls, thanks for the luck and :pray:! I feel so hopeful and happy! Wishing everyone positive !

RSC, did you get an update today? Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Welcome back, Maxine, and best of luck w/ your fourth! I wouldn't worry about the doc's methods. Since we're all different and this process is both an art and a science, I'm sure he has your best interests in mind. My doc is also of the 3-day school because they say the uterus is a better oven than the petri dish. It may also have to do with age...I'm 38 and maybe "older" eggs need the womb while younger, heartier eggs may do better in the dish. Just a theory, but whatever the case, I hope this is the one for you!

Alma, your beta #s look great! I hope it's multiples, if that's what you want. How many did you put back?

Quote Originally Posted by Krissy J View Post
    Hi all

I am going to be doing an iui in November for the first time due to 3 m/c caused by mthfr. Has any one had any luck with the first IUI? I am so nervous and anxious.:pray::pray:

I got pregnant with twins after my first IUI with Follistim and a trigger. Best of luck to you!

Sugar&Spice sending prayers and vibes your way........

Thanks a million, Frances!!!

Default 3rd beta update.....................

Just got the call from the nurse.
    The results from my 3rd beta b/w today was 8949.

1st beta (Tuesday the 9th) 331
    2nd beta (Thursday the 11th) 669
    3rd beta (Thursday the 18th) 8949 .

I asked her if the numbers were good and she said that they were a little high. The way she calculated, they should be between
    5-6000, but, she calculated until yesterday.

I told her I calculated until today and I came up with 8028.
    I am very happy for now, until the fears set in again :celebrate:.
    Last edited by francesmcruz; 09-18-2008 at 12:41 PM.

BFN today. First IUI not successful. . Stopped taking Prometrium and on to next cycle. Hope AF comes soon. For those of you who have done several cycles with IUI, did the number of follicles you developed vary each month without changing dosage? I just had one follicle this month and would like to have at least two for next cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyHopes View Post
    BFN today. First IUI not successful. . Stopped taking Prometrium and on to next cycle. Hope AF comes soon. For those of you who have done several cycles with IUI, did the number of follicles you developed vary each month without changing dosage? I just had one follicle this month and would like to have at least two for next cycle.
    Oh I am so sorry to hear about your BFN I believe you will have to up your dosage a bit if you want more follicles next cycle. If you are doing Clomid, your dosage will be upped a bit. My first round of Clomid I only had 1, my second time I had 2, fast forward 4 cycles to injectables. Thats where I had 13 on the first cycle, and 8 this time. I hear many people on Clomid do produce 3 or 4, my body just wasn't giving me more than 2.

Thanks ryanshope. I talked to my RE's nurse earlier and she said that she didn't think that my RE would up the dosage because they really wanted to see 1 or 2 follicles per cycle. When you moved from 1 to 2 follicles, had you upped your dosage? I don't think that I can afford injectibles right now. My insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility.

Talking I did it!

Just got home from IUI. I feel so bad for the nurse who administered it. She was so flustered by my friend being there. She thought we were a couple (cute!) eventhough we both mentioned things we would need to remember to tell my husband about the experience. We had lots of laughs though.
    But, it wasn't so bad!! I think I now fully understand the definition of "You might feel some pressure". Ugh! Only a little spotting so far. The ARNP said that she thought they had caught the tail end of O & that the sperm count was closer to 40, whatever that means.
    I should go back to work but I really don't want to..bleh!
    I feel so much better to have it over with and know that it's not so bad!!!
    Thanks for all the encouragement!
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

This is going to be my first cycle on Femara, I start taking it tonight. This is our first cycle TTC after our third miscarriage (9weeks) in July. I did four rounds of Clomid earlier this year but I had really horrible depression when I was on it. I am looking forward to being on something where the side effects are not as bad. I am a little apprehensive since we are not doing a mid-cycle ultrasound to check follie size. My OB thinks I might do better with a more "relaxed" approach. Anyway, I will be charting and doing OPKs to confirm O.

Thanks ryanshope. I talked to my RE's nurse earlier and she said that she didn't think that my RE would up the dosage because they really wanted to see 1 or 2 follicles per cycle. When you moved from 1 to 2 follicles, had you upped your dosage? I don't think that I can afford injectibles right now. My insurance doesn't cover anything related to infertility.
    Hi~ when I got 2 follicles she did up my dosage by 25mg so not by much. My RE said you body get immune the clomid, so that is why they go a bit, but each person could be different. I always saw 2 afterwards, usually one in each ovary. I hear ya about insurance...our doesn't cover anything either. It drives me nuts. Does these insurance companies think we want to have these problems. I think insurance companies should have better coverage for infertilty. I could go on and on about that... . I'm sure your RE will do the best she thinks is going to work for you but it wouldn't hurt asking her about going up a little bit and letting her know you would like more follicles. I think some RE's are more conservative than others just so there isn't a risk of multiples. . Keep me posted

Congrats, Frances & Alma!!

RSC, what's the latest????

Elle, good luck, girl! I am rooting for you on Sunday!!

AND to all.

21. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lisa2006 View Post
    I got pregnant with twins after my first IUI with Follistim and a trigger. Best of luck to you!
    Wow! Congrats! Please tell me, how did you physically feel in your 2ww? Any different? Any side affects from the trigger and FSH?

We're having a,

Third IUI was a charm in Jan 2009 after 15 months TTC!

22. Default

Quote Originally Posted by As Is View Post
    Just got home from IUI. I feel so bad for the nurse who administered it. She was so flustered by my friend being there. She thought we were a couple (cute!) eventhough we both mentioned things we would need to remember to tell my husband about the experience. We had lots of laughs though.
    But, it wasn't so bad!! I think I now fully understand the definition of "You might feel some pressure". Ugh! Only a little spotting so far. The ARNP said that she thought they had caught the tail end of O & that the sperm count was closer to 40, whatever that means.
    I should go back to work but I really don't want to..bleh!
    I feel so much better to have it over with and know that it's not so bad!!!
    Thanks for all the encouragement!
    This was my first cycle of IUI. I had 7 follies total. I was using the Gonal-F injections and the Orvidel trigger. Now Im on Progesterone. Im hoping that at least 1 of those 7 met joyfully with hubbies swimmers.

We're having a,

Third IUI was a charm in Jan 2009 after 15 months TTC!

23. Default

Yay for growing eggies, Elle!!! I'm so excited for you!!

Frances! Those are GREAT numbers! I can't wait for your U/S!!

RSC?!?! Any news?

I hope you girls are all doing okay!
    Erin & Jacob - Four years later... Ryann Elizabeth Dee is here! October 22nd, 2009! Our Story

Yay, Elle! Grow, follies, grow!
    AJF, any word from you?

Here's my update!!
    6 8-cell
    1 6-cell
    1 4-cell
    1 3-cell
    1 2-cell

So, I go in on Saturday for a 5-day transfer, hopefully of 2 perfect embies! And I'm desperately hoping for 1-2 to freeze, to take a little pressure off of this cycle.

Since this is all so scary, instead of getting too excited at any one step, I'm trying to take this one day and one "hurdle" at a time. So Saturday is the next big hurdle!
    Me: 38 DH: 30;
    After 2 ectopics (and a ruptured tube) our IVF baby Benjamin Theodore was born on 6/1/09! We are an extended BF'ing, gentle parenting family

sugar&spice sounds great!! good luck on your transfer on sunday

rsc good luck on your transfer this weekend!!

frances and alma GREAT #'s!!!

erin your turn coming soon!!

maxine back, and good luck!

well the re called last night and my LH was high so they had me take two doses of ganirelix yesterday. i went in this am for a blood draw and they are having me do the same today. tommorrow i will go in for us and bloodwork. there is a possibility that i might trigger earlier than thought, maybe tommorrow. BUT there is also a possibility i might have ovulated on my own if these meds did not keep up!! tonight i have a lot of discharge you get with ovulation so i am a little worried. its going to be a long night...i am prayihng everything turns out well

27. Default

RSC! :celebrate: Yay for jumping that hurdle! You have great embies!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

ajf - I hope the upped dosage works! Stay away O! I don't think I have ever said that before. :pray: :pray: :pray:

So sorry, I hope AF comes quick for you so you can start trying again! They always upped my dose of Clomid each month. I'm on 150 right now a day and also injections. I hope I have more than 2 eggs this month last month only 2. I hope they will up your dose some for you! Maybe change doctors if they wont! GOOD LUCK!
    We love our BIG FAMILY

Frances, your beta #s are rockin', girl. Awesome! :celebrate:

Thanks so much, girls! I feel really good about the #s, the sizes, and my endometrium is 12.5, so I'm thrilled!

RSC, that's wonderful news. Six 8-cell embies sounds divine. We should all hope to be so fortunate! Happy Saturday!!!

ajf, I'll keep you in my :pray: as well. I asked my doc about the extra CM, too, and he said it was totally normal because of the increased estrogen, so hopefully that's all it is, and you haven't Oed yet. I'm triggering tomorrow too, so we may be on the exact same schedule now.

Erin and Maxine, yay cycle buddies! I can't wait until it's your turn!

30. Default

Sugar & Spice, RSC: Good luck with ET ! Hope you'll bring us good news on your 1st beta!

Frances & Alma: Hoorah for the great numbers! Can't wait for your 1st u/s to see how many babies you are carrying

Sorry been MIA for a while. Have been doing nothing but work and rest (so time can pass by quickly!). RE told me to come back on my 2nd cycle of period after the ER (late August), which should be sometime early October. He didn't want to transfer immediately the cycle right after just to be sure everything's back to normal (and of course I would'nt want to be back anywhere near OHSS again). So I'm counting the days now until my next AF (just started AF after ER 12 days ago and OHSS is completely gone now). If everything is fine, we should have a natural thaw cycle/transfer sometime 20ish October? I guess 1st beta would be sometime early November. The goods news is no more needles for me! Hooray! I was telling RE how terrified I am of PIO (after 5 weeks of needles which is enough for me already) and he told me I didn't need them! All i need to do now is to make sure I am at best of health next month!