Page 552 of 593 FirstFirst ... 52452502542550551552553554562 ... LastLast
Results 16,531 to 16,560 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    I wish there was a IVF / IUI room!
    B/c the girls in both rooms are fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I also have a short luteal phase. I have done both the hcg booster and the progesterone suppositories. The hcg boost worked to increase my LP to 14 days. The hcg boost improves the function of the corpus luteum (which is the follicle your egg came from). The corpus luteum produces progesterone which keeps your lining thick for implantation. The progesterone supplementation will also give you extra progesterone to keep your lining thick for the embryo to implant. My RE says it doesn't matter which you do, that they are equally effective. I tried both individually and when I didn't get a BFP I tried them together. My next cycle I will do an hcg booster and twice-daily progesterone suppositories.

Hope this helps!!! And I'll be thinking of you in your 2ww!
    Wow katie!! That info was very useful. I'm kinda lurking and also wanted to know the difference between Hcg vs Progesterone. During LP, RE has me on endometrium suppositories and progesterone patch. that it all works.

Good luck to you.......

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I also have a short luteal phase. I have done both the hcg booster and the progesterone suppositories. The hcg boost worked to increase my LP to 14 days. The hcg boost improves the function of the corpus luteum (which is the follicle your egg came from). The corpus luteum produces progesterone which keeps your lining thick for implantation. The progesterone supplementation will also give you extra progesterone to keep your lining thick for the embryo to implant. My RE says it doesn't matter which you do, that they are equally effective. I tried both individually and when I didn't get a BFP I tried them together. My next cycle I will do an hcg booster and twice-daily progesterone suppositories.

Hope this helps!!! And I'll be thinking of you in your 2ww!
    Thank you! IT really helps. I called my RE today. They said i do in fact need to start my prometrium tonight (2) 100 mg tablets for 12 days. I appreciate your info!

I go in Monday for my booster. OUCH!

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    OK, ladies i have to tell you something, dh and i did another IUI, we had our first beta on tuesday the 1st and the second one was today, unfortunatly it went from 43 down to 27 So this is now our 4th m/c, i am sorry i did not tell any of you what we were doing, i was hoping to wait until i was 12 weeks and then let you all know the good news, but i did not say anything for this reason. I am ok, i had a little bit of a meltdown today, even after 4 it does not get any easier. We are still going to ttc on our own, unfortunatly we cannot do another IUI, i am out of insurance money for the meds, so i could do another IUI itself, but i dont have 4 grand to do the meds. I actually ran out of meds and insurance for them at the end of this cycle, my re's office donated meds to me to finish the cycle. I was on progesterone this time, both the vag gel and the shots for the two weeks from the IUI, i guess we just got another bad egg. It was so hard not saying anything to you guys, but i did not want to get you all excited and then we lost it again. I guess i knew it would not make it, i actually got a positive test last thursday, i had the first beta done on tues, the hcg should have been over 100 and it was only 43. I tried to have hope, but i knew. I will still stay on here and support you ladies, and just pray for a natural bfp. Sorry for the downer ladies, i was really hoping i would have had some great news for you. I had it all planned out too, i have this cute Elmo that says expecting, i was going to put that in my siggy along with the ticker and see if you noticed, sigh oh well.
    I am so sorry. This sucks! Can you do IVF? I will pray for you.

Talked to RE's office. And I do in fact need to start Prometrium tonight. I guess the Hcg doesn't replace progesterone.

13 days to go till we find out! Either a wonderful # 7 IUI miracle or we are back at a higher dose for IVF #2.

Have a great weekend all!

tonysmom2001 Guest

Ladies I am sad today this week would have been the week we would have found out what we are having and still no AF why oh why cant she come when I want her to!

Talked to RE's office. And I do in fact need to start Prometrium tonight. I guess the Hcg doesn't replace progesterone.

13 days to go till we find out! Either a wonderful # 7 IUI miracle or we are back at a higher dose for IVF #2.

Glad they are putting you on progesterone! Praying for your Miracle baby!!! Hope the 13 days passes quickly!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysmom2001 View Post
    Ladies I am sad today this week would have been the week we would have found out what we are having and still no AF why oh why cant she come when I want her to!
    I'm so sorry, Kelly. It's not an easy thing to move past. Myself, I can't think about the dates or where I'd be if my pregnancy didn't end. It would make me crazy. Hang in there and I hope you can make it through this week OK. You're a strong woman and you will be a mother again, I just know it. And you carry your lost little ones in your heart every day - they have not left you.

How late is AF? Remember, you're still adjusting after everything your body has been through. She'll show up soon. I hope things get easier for you. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by babieswanted View Post
    rss-- I am on day 2 of stims today..Cant wait to see if I get more eggs this time.. Last time I got 6 4 fertilized without ICSI .. lets see what happens this time.
    ALL You guys rock.. !!Retrieval should be around the 15th or so..
    I am so excited you & Rachel are cycle buddies!!! She is wonderful to cycle with and both of you are in my constant prayers!!! Come on BFP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by babieswanted View Post
    Rhonda the women are beautiful.. one of them looks like you !! YAY!!
    I have great taste in women (something is wrong with that statement)!! Ha Ha!! LOL
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Chris~stop worrying about us! We are here to rejoice with you & cry with you! So sorry about your loss. Not fair! And I understand the financial aspects too. My insurance has not covered any of our IF expeses. We didn't want to keep throwing our $$ away on the iui's so for we are risking a lot on ivf but hopefully increasing our chances. This is our last shot & I'm only 27.
    Sorry to ramble! ((hugs))
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post

bmelissa - well then tell me all about it when you get your sonogram ok but I am sure it doesn't hurt...
    okay, but it doesn't involve swabbing cotton on cheeks. LOL. A saline sonogram is where they inject saline solution up in the uterus until it runs through the tubes, take possibe biopsies if needed, & do a mock embryo transfer. And yes, many women say it hurts, I was looking for any experiences from ladies in here. You wouldn't be able to answer the question unless you actually had it done.

IUI #7 all done. They checked and I did ovulate.

Hoping the (1) Big juicy follicle is on it's way to meet with DH's 200 million sperm! Also praying my right fallopian tube is open. (was opened by new doc in December).

gng in on monday for my hcg booster.

Also, ran to acupuncture. She told me to EAT LOADS OF Pineapple. So I just stocked up on my way home.

Praying like mad, or will be back for IVF #2 soon. God bless you all. have a great day!
    2ww is officially on!! Hope this is it for you!!

BEST OF LUCK! When will they tell you? can you use your own, if you don't like the ones they choose?
    I can use my own, but it would be easier (coordinating a cycle) if the donor is local. She had candidates in mind for us, but turns out they were brown hair, blue eyes. Uh, duh!!! When she emailed me today, she said the others that were matches were currently in cycles and there were some pending their psych evals. Ok, we wanted prior donors, not 1st timers, so those waiting on psych evals are not our top picks. So, now I'm wondering if we will have to wait a few months because some that may be matches are in cycles now.

I am a little worried. I have a short luteal phase. And am normally on Progesterone (prometrium) or with IVF the pio.

This is the first time Doc had me take Hcg and will get my booster on Monday. he said he doesn't think I need Progesterone.

does the Hcg help there? will it replace the need for progesterone?

I always worry. And feel like when I leave the docs, I still have 300 questions I forgot to ask. Any help would be great.

I will post in the IUI room too!
    I hope someone in the IUI room has the answer to that question. You know I only know the PIO shots routine! I would be worried too if I were in your shoes because I've always had to have the progesterone. I'm sure your doc knows what he's doing, so try not to stress. Just call them and ask more questions...better to know and have peace of mind.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Hi Ladies!

So after 5 unsuccessful rounds of IVF I did my very first IUI and guess what? It worked!!

13dpiui BFP!!!

Beta the same day was 77

Today beta was 244!!

This Dr said they do one more beta on Monday so please say a little prayer that this sticks! Im a nervous wreck but so so so excited!!

Thank you so much ladies, i wanted to tell you all about the iui, but was afraid this would happen again, and i feel like i let everybody down when they all know, my hope was to announce it at 12 weeks, or at least when we had a heartbeat.
    I missed your post! I am so sorry for your loss!
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Quote Originally Posted by sobeit View Post
    congrats on moving forward with DE!
    i hope u have a LO in your arms soon!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    That is so confusing. My cycles are extremely regular and I have had an ovarian cyst before and it never interfered with AF. I guess they will do a blood test if she doesn't show by Monday.
    Hmmm...well, you never know!! Maybe you got prego right after your last AF (immediately following IVF)??? That would be a great story for this thread, so let us know how things go!!

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Hey girls. Been really busy lately. Work crap and such.....sigh. I have been,however,TRYING to keep up with all of you. So much goings on! Some of you gals are so close!

AFM~ I'm just waiting on AF to get here so I can call my clinic. Today is day 27. Any other time it would be here. But of course that is a story I need not tell any of you.

Keeping up with you all best I can.(pretty sure I'm ADD) I'll do better soon. Have a fantastic evening!
    Busy time is great...helps things fly by! Soon AF will be here & you'll be off to the races! Come on AF...

Rhonda~ All your choices look good. Good luck with the huge task of picking one of them!
    Thanks. I hope things move quickly with the whole matching process. Hate to keep my girls on hold too much longer!! If my clinic takes too long, I will go with one of my gals!

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    YAY! Congratulations, Rhonda! That is so exciting. I can't wait to see what they come up with. Waiting is such a killer! How long before they will get back to you
    Thanks & who knows how long it will take, but hopefully not too long or I'll just have to go with one of my donors! I'm way too impatient for a long wait...

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    I am 4 days late. I've only been late twice in my life and I was pg both times.
    Well, maybe your body is trying to tell you something!!! I'll wish for that miracle! KUP!!!

Whew!! Glad they got that straight! Have a wonderful weekend...eat lots of pineapple!

I'm so sorry . I know it's all still so fresh in your mind & heart. AF will arrive soon and you will move on to a new cycle and another chance for a healthy pregnancy. Hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post
    Hi Ladies!

So after 5 unsuccessful rounds of IVF I did my very first IUI and guess what? It worked!!

13dpiui BFP!!!

Beta the same day was 77

Today beta was 244!!

This Dr said they do one more beta on Monday so please say a little prayer that this sticks! Im a nervous wreck but so so so excited!!

YOU DID IT!!!! OMG..the 2nd beta is so strong!!! I am so happy for you lady!

CONGRATS from the bottom of my heart!!!!

Hi Ladies!

13dpiui BFP!!!

Beta the same day was 77

Today beta was 244!!

Oh my gosh!!!!!! How awesome! Congrats to you

Hi Ladies!

13dpiui BFP!!!

Beta the same day was 77

Today beta was 244!!

Fantastic news!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you! KUP posted on your next beta! It looks like those numbers are just going up and up!

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    okay, but it doesn't involve swabbing cotton on cheeks. LOL. A saline sonogram is where they inject saline solution up in the uterus until it runs through the tubes, take possibe biopsies if needed, & do a mock embryo transfer. And yes, many women say it hurts, I was looking for any experiences from ladies in here. You wouldn't be able to answer the question unless you actually had it done.
    I had an HSG. (hytrosalpiniogram,yes I know that is not how it is spelled)I think that is the same thing. It was not the worst thing that I have ever felt, some pressure in the beginning,no big deal but....it also made me cramp like a you know what! I was told to take some ibuprofen before the test but ol' hard headed me did not.You may be able to ask your doc to give you something beforehand. You'll be fine.

By the way,welcome. Sorry you've had to come here but great things can happen. In the end it will not matter what you went through to get what you want! By the by my name is Sarah.

Hi Ladies!

13dpiui BFP!!!

Beta the same day was 77

Today beta was 244!!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!

That's wonderful!! I'm so happy for you!! Those numbers are good and quite a jump

I wish there was a easy way for us to deal with the ups and downs of TTC. Nothing is predictable and things always change. I hope AF arrives really soon.

IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    Hiya Melissa. I can't remember the name of the test I had, but I had fluid pumped through my uterus & tubes and they took film to make sure there were no blockages. There were no biopsies though and no mock transfer. It sounds similar to what you will be experiencing. I did not find it painful, just uncomfortable. I had mild cramping afterwards and I just took Advil for it. They only time I've ever encountered pain in a procedure was when I had to have my (cringe here) cervix clamped during 1 IUI. I nearly flew off the table. Good luck with the saline sonogram and KUP on the results. Hope everything is OK.

She's here! This morning. I called my clinic and he said I'm to get and OPK and test starting on the 13th. After a positive (after my surge)I will be scheduled for a trial transfer,blood work and all the other fun things that go with. I'm almost scared at how positive I am about all of this....that is SOOOOOO not like me! I'm ready for my babies to be with me. I am ready to be a momma! Wow,this is happening?!

She's here! This morning. I called my clinic and he said I'm to get and OPK and test starting on the 13th. After a positive (after my surge)I will be scheduled for a trial transfer,blood work and all the other fun things that go with. I'm almost scared at how positive I am about all of this....that is SOOOOOO not like me! I'm ready for my babies to be with me. I am ready to be a momma! Wow,this is happening?!
    Congratulations!!! YAY for AF! So glad you are ready to start your cycle. You've waited so long for this time, of course you're excited! Praying for you and sending you lots of every step of the way!!!

Rhonda - I just sent you a PM

Kelly - just sending you some extra. I know today's a rough one. It will get better!

SoBe - How's stimming going for you? Are the new meds OK?

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    SoBe - How's stimming going for you? Are the new meds OK?
    So far, so good. Additional meds arrived yesterday. Pregnyl(Hcg) was suppose to be delivered weeks ago with my orginal order but pharmacist told me that it was on back order. I spoke with my insurance company this morning, who then spoke with the fertility pharmacist, and yep it's still on back order. The pharmacist found some in my region and will have it delivered express tomorrow.

WOW a shortage of Pregnyl?? Go figure.....

IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Hi Ladies!

13dpiui BFP!!!

Beta the same day was 77

Today beta was 244!!

Wonderful!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    So far, so good. Additional meds arrived yesterday. Pregnyl(Hcg) was suppose to be delivered weeks ago with my orginal order but pharmacist told me that it was on back order. I spoke with my insurance company this morning, who then spoke with the fertility pharmacist, and yep it's still on back order. The pharmacist found some in my region and will have it delivered express tomorrow.

WOW a shortage of Pregnyl?? Go figure.....
    Oh my! Who! Well, I'm glad they are express delivering it to you tomorrow, so you don't have to worry about that. Glad the additional meds are going well and not adding any stress to your stimming. KUP on your progress!