Page 545 of 593 FirstFirst ... 45445495535543544545546547555 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,350 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

H
    Last edited by pam2334; 06-29-2010 at 06:33 PM.

rhonda - I am glad you are getting used to the DE idea. I loved doing my DE cycle because you get the eggs without the pain... normally a lot more too... good luck with it all dear.

mominw8ting - I hope this cycle works for you. I wonder how much did everyone spend so far... we spent around $26K so far. And we still have 6 frozen embryos and one on the way so I would say it's good considering some others?? Your cycle looks good so far girl you are doing great keep up the good work.

Pam - thanks for coming to cheer people up. That was an amazing post and one with no surrender that was totally awesome. You deserve your babies like all the ladies here and I am so glad you found the way for it to work for you.

I did the same actually I did first IVF with DE failled cause they screwed up. Next RE used tons of meds to make me make eggs and nothing... so the next time around I asked for Donor embryos and I told them I didn't want to use absolutly NO meds cause they didn't agree with my body and it worked. So yes when we feel something is wrong we got to do it... Congratulations!!!

clarisse - so sorry you are feeling sick dear and with baby it must be hard. Hang on ok!!

AFM - I finally got my weekend photoshoot done and I have retouched the photo for 4 hours in photoshop, changing faces and moving my son from one spot to another... can't believe with the money I paid they didn't place us properly on both settings?? Anyways here is the final result.

This was the first one I started with:

And then I moved my son and changed faces to make this perfect picture:

So I am very happy about it... I still have the reshoot for the other outfit to do on Sunday but we will see if they all show up In the mean time I will enjoy this photo

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    rhonda - I am glad you are getting used to the DE idea. I loved doing my DE cycle because you get the eggs without the pain... normally a lot more too... good luck with it all dear.

mominw8ting - I hope this cycle works for you. I wonder how much did everyone spend so far... we spent around $26K so far. And we still have 6 frozen embryos and one on the way so I would say it's good considering some others?? Your cycle looks good so far girl you are doing great keep up the good work.

Pam - thanks for coming to cheer people up. That was an amazing post and one with no surrender that was totally awesome. You deserve your babies like all the ladies here and I am so glad you found the way for it to work for you.

I did the same actually I did first IVF with DE failled cause they screwed up. Next RE used tons of meds to make me make eggs and nothing... so the next time around I asked for Donor embryos and I told them I didn't want to use absolutly NO meds cause they didn't agree with my body and it worked. So yes when we feel something is wrong we got to do it... Congratulations!!!

clarisse - so sorry you are feeling sick dear and with baby it must be hard. Hang on ok!!

AFM - I finally got my weekend photoshoot done and I have retouched the photo for 4 hours in photoshop, changing faces and moving my son from one spot to another... can't believe with the money I paid they didn't place us properly on both settings?? Anyways here is the final result.

So I am very happy about it... I still have the reshoot for the other outfit to do on Sunday but we will see if they all show up In the mean time I will enjoy this photo

Helene
    WOW! Great shot!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    This last time when I questioned the dr he said we would probably do the suppositories, but when it came time to get the script from the nurse they said he didn't want to do them.

When I pushed for answers the nurses said I didn't need them b/c the progesterone doesn't feed the hcg that the hcg feeds the progesterone. . . i'm like uh yes, but why is it then that some women NEED the supplement to sustain a pgcy!? Then the nurse went on to say "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

Yes, I hate this office but it is a $1000 cheaper to go here than the other clinic and we simply can't throw that much money around especially when it appears my chances are so low already. This could go on for so long!
    Just something to think about... if you go to the clinic you like better it could actually save you $$$ if they get you pg quicker...

It totally sucks that this has to be so hard.
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    Trigger last night.. poor DH was exhausted...

Current follies as of yesterday morning.. I am hoping they have grown a little L: 20.8mm on R: 17, 11.5, and 10.5 Endo Lining at 10

IUI tomorrow at 10:40am.. Here we go again..
    Wow, sounds like a great cycle!!! for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkandtheWild View Post
    I have two 17s on the right side! Bloodwork should be back in a couple hours. Looks like I will O early!
    Woo-hoo!!! When do you think you will trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    I cried like crazy too.I thought the ending was beautiful. Just beautiful. So you start stimming soon? Keep me posted! I am only a few days ahead of you!
    Yep. If all goes well at my RE visit on Friday i start stimming on Saturday. I agree, the ending was simply beautiful!!

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Yep. If all goes well at my RE visit on Friday i start stimming on Saturday. I agree, the ending was simply beautiful!!
    Great! Best of luck with stimming. PM me if you have any questions. I am on Bravelle & Menopur. And Friday I start my Ganarellex (spelling??!)

You will do great!

Helene. Those pics are BEAUTIFUL!!!

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

tonysmom2001 Guest

Helene
    Helene those pics are beautiful!!! So glad that you were finally able to get them and man good job with the touch ups I wish I could do that!

tonysmom2001 Guest

Good luck with your visit on Friday I am sure all will go well and before you know it you will be setting a date for Beta!

Helene

Great job, photoshop is not easy and you did an awesome job!

No, I don't know any of the Jersey Shore cast.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Woo-hoo!!! When do you think you will trigger?
    My LH was only a 7 this morning and Estrogen was less than 200. Nurse wants me to use OPKs tomorrow and call when/if I get a positive- either way, I have an appointment set for Thursday at 8. Whether its another round of bloodwork and ultrasound remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I never had cysts on Femara but I got 2 cysts on my 1st cycle on Follistim. Is this common when you start to use injectable meds? Should I plan on having to take every other month off b/c of cysts?
    Ive been on Bravelle and Menopur also but only got cysts on Follistim, not sure why ?

Thanks ladies I love doing photoshop stuff, that's what I do for a living, design website and modify images

If ever one of you need help modifying or correcting old pictures or anything just give me a shout !!!

Southern - good luck girl things seam to be going great.

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Had my first U/S after stimming this morning. The Nurse kept telling me not to be upset if they can't find anything yet. since it is early.

BUT, so far I have LEft: 7.5, 8 and 7.5 and Right: 8, 8, 8 !!!

They said I am responding very well! And no overstim (like last time). Well, so far.

Thanks for all your love and support. Will keep you posted on Thursday after my next appointment.

Good luck all!
    Awesome progress!!! I'm so excited for you to have such a great response to stims so far. Can't wait for updates!!

AFM - I finally got my weekend photoshoot done and I have retouched the photo for 4 hours in photoshop, changing faces and moving my son from one spot to another... can't believe with the money I paid they didn't place us properly on both settings??
    Helene
    Thanks Helene & your photo retouch came out perfect. You do great work girlie!!

Yep. If all goes well at my RE visit on Friday I start stimming on Saturday.
    Sobe- All will go well on Friday and you will be an expert at self-injections before the end of the weekend! Good luck!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

My consult with Dr Whitman went well. She talked to me for 45 minutes and just having her open ear for all of the thoughts in my head was wonderful and reassuring. I really needed that. I kept apologizing to her for taking so much of her time, but she saved me as the last patient of the day and said she felt she owed me that after 4 failed cycles. So, her recommendations were as follows:

1) Do another cycle with my eggs although she is still feeling sure that the problem is the quality of my eggs due to my age, which is very common. She said if we do another cycle, she recommends analysis of the embryos (normally RE's will do PGD at a minimum). The process her lab uses is microarray analysis of all 23 chromosomes on the embryos with biopsy on day 3. They used to do PGD (13 chromosome FISH), but the microarray technology is better in that they can look at all 23 chromosomes and also determine if the abnormalities in the embryos come from the husband or wife. The lab is Gene Security Network and the cost is $3700 to test up to 24 cells (one or two from each embryo). Both DH & I would provide a blood sample for genetic analysis prior to starting our cycle. Dr Whitman says they only implant on day 5 when doing these tests and only transfer blasts that are determined to be genetically normal. They also can tell you the gender of the embryos. My concern: We don't get enough eggs retrieved & fertilized to test. They don't make it to day 5. None are normal. None are transferred. Her point, we will know based on the results if all embryos are abnormal and aneuploid (an abnormality involving a chromosome number that is not an exact multiple of the haploid number - one chromosome set is incomplete). It would give us closure and we would know our only option is donor eggs. On the other hand, if we do have normal blasts to transfer and they don't implant even with IVIG, she would recommend we go with a surrogate (which is out of the question due to costs). It would mean there is more wrong with me as far as implantation failure that they can't identify/treat.

2) We go with donor eggs, but use a proven donor and take all precautions for implantation failure (the current protocols I use including IVIG).

We are leaning toward #2.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    My consult with Dr Whitman went well. She talked to me for 45 minutes and just having her open ear for all of the thoughts in my head was wonderful and reassuring. I really needed that. I kept apologizing to her for taking so much of her time, but she saved me as the last patient of the day and said she felt she owed me that after 4 failed cycles. So, her recommendations were as follows:

1) Do another cycle with my eggs although she is still feeling sure that the problem is the quality of my eggs due to my age, which is very common. She said if we do another cycle, she recommends analysis of the embryos (normally RE's will do PGD at a minimum). The process her lab uses is microarray analysis of all 23 chromosomes on the embryos with biopsy on day 3. They used to do PGD (13 chromosome FISH), but the microarray technology is better in that they can look at all 23 chromosomes and also determine if the abnormalities in the embryos come from the husband or wife. The lab is Gene Security Network and the cost is $3700 to test up to 24 cells (one or two from each embryo). Both DH & I would provide a blood sample for genetic analysis prior to starting our cycle. Dr Whitman says they only implant on day 5 when doing these tests and only transfer blasts that are determined to be genetically normal. They also can tell you the gender of the embryos. My concern: We don't get enough eggs retrieved & fertilized to test. They don't make it to day 5. None are normal. None are transferred. Her point, we will know based on the results if all embryos are abnormal and aneuploid (an abnormality involving a chromosome number that is not an exact multiple of the haploid number - one chromosome set is incomplete). It would give us closure and we would know our only option is donor eggs. On the other hand, if we do have normal blasts to transfer and they don't implant even with IVIG, she would recommend we go with a surrogate (which is out of the question due to costs). It would mean there is more wrong with me as far as implantation failure that they can't identify/treat.

2) We go with donor eggs, but use a proven donor and take all precautions for implantation failure (the current protocols I use including IVIG).

I highly recommend you do the NutrEval Test and a food allergy test Rhonda! The Nutreval will show anything that is deficient in your body and how your body is processing nutrients. If one thing is off, it throws the whole body off and if you want to take another shot at using your eggs, I would first find out if you are deficient in anything, so you can correct that before another cycle. With the food allergy test, if you have any 'intolerances' to food, your body creates mega doses of cortisol to counteract the allergy. My new RE (without me saying anything about a food allergy) told me I would be taking Dexamethasone which is supposed to lower cortisol levels during your IVF cycle, which then made me think my food allergies were making my body create all this cortisol and that must be bad for my eggs. I truely feel that if the eggs are there, you can improve the quality and that something has to be off in your body for the quality to be bad. If you werent creating any eggs, that would be one thing, but you are so there has to be one good one in there, right!? ha. Its my hope that all this additional testing will shed some light on how my body is functioning and we can get one good egg.

I just did an IUI and had a great response with 4 good size follies, they said I responded above average and my FSH was 7 and my AMH was 1.1 so it all looked much better since Ive gotten a hold of my food issues and vitamin deficiencies. Im praying that if this IUI doesnt work, my EPP will and with such a great response you had in your last cycle, if you can find out whats off in your body aside from the normal IVF tests, maybe that will improve your quality too!

Sorry this was so long ladies, but I really want to cover every base to get to my sticky BFP! lol

Here is the website of the lab I used for the additional testing

http://www.genovadiagnostics.com/ind...&nav=doc&id=42

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post
    I highly recommend you do the NutrEval Test and a food allergy test Rhonda! The Nutreval will show anything that is deficient in your body and how your body is processing nutrients. If one thing is off, it throws the whole body off and if you want to take another shot at using your eggs, I would first find out if you are deficient in anything, so you can correct that before another cycle. With the food allergy test, if you have any 'intolerances' to food, your body creates mega doses of cortisol to counteract the allergy. My new RE (without me saying anything about a food allergy) told me I would be taking Dexamethasone which is supposed to lower cortisol levels during your IVF cycle, which then made me think my food allergies were making my body create all this cortisol and that must be bad for my eggs. I truely feel that if the eggs are there, you can improve the quality and that something has to be off in your body for the quality to be bad. If you werent creating any eggs, that would be one thing, but you are so there has to be one good one in there, right!? ha. Its my hope that all this additional testing will shed some light on how my body is functioning and we can get one good egg.

I just did an IUI and had a great response with 4 good size follies, they said I responded above average and my FSH was 7 and my AMH was 1.1 so it all looked much better since Ive gotten a hold of my food issues and vitamin deficiencies. Im praying that if this IUI doesnt work, my EPP will and with such a great response you had in your last cycle, if you can find out whats off in your body aside from the normal IVF tests, maybe that will improve your quality too!

Sorry this was so long ladies, but I really want to cover every base to get to my sticky BFP! lol

Checking out the website now!!! Thanks

So glad you have some options. And sounds like your doctor really cares about you. Best of luck. You know I am always here. Love, Kellie (even used my real name!!)

Acupuncture ?

I am stimming now. Yesterday was day (5) stimming. Went to Acupuncture yesterday and going tomorrow. My Acupuncturist said to see her (24) hours before transfer and (24) hours after transfer.

Is that what you ladies did? Also, did your RE have any issue with you going after transfer? B/c you need to be on bed-rest? Thanks, everyone.

Had my first U/S after stimming this morning. The Nurse kept telling me not to be upset if they can't find anything yet. since it is early.

BUT, so far I have LEft: 7.5, 8 and 7.5 and Right: 8, 8, 8 !!!

They said I am responding very well! And no overstim (like last time). Well, so far.

Thanks for all your love and support. Will keep you posted on Thursday after my next appointment.

Good luck all!
    Congratulations!!!!! Praying everything continues to go well!! Can't wait to hear how tomorrow's appt. goes.

I did the same actually I did firs

Helene
    Love the photos, Helene. Great job with the touch ups!!!

Good luck with Friday's visit, SoBe! Hope you can start stimming on Sat. keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It sounds like she gave you a lot to think about - options are nice. I'm glad she was so honest and was able to tell you about trying to use your own eggs one more time. I didn't know they could test the cells of embryos like that. But my heavens, the cost of the testing! Good for her for making you the last appointment and spending so much time with you. Praying you and DH can come to a decision you are happy with so you can start your next journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post

How are you doing after your IUI? Feel OK?

Acupuncture ?

I am stimming now. Yesterday was day (5) stimming. Went to Acupuncture yesterday and going tomorrow. My Acupuncturist said to see her (24) hours before transfer and (24) hours after transfer.

Is that what you ladies did? Also, did your RE have any issue with you going after transfer? B/c you need to be on bed-rest? Thanks, everyone.
    I did acupuncture the day before our IVF and I think 4 days after the procedure. We live an hour away from our acupuncturist, so I didn't want to risk the drive so soon after the procedure. Does you clinic work with an acupuncturist? Some clinics have one that comes in and does a session right after your IVF. I'm a big fan of it.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Hey dear if you really want to use your eggs (which I think is really what you want) and think you might have some to transfer using a surrogate I would be happy to carry them for you. I don't know the cost once the baby is born but I would NOT charge you. I have been thinking about this since your cycle failled but didn't mention it before because I know you want to cycle now and not next year. So you would have time to do a round and see if it works or not and if not maybe I can try and help you...

To me DE is great cause I already have lots of MY children but I think for you it's just a small problem that maybe they can nail down...

So if I can help dear let me know.

Helene

Acupuncture ?

I think acupucture 24 hrs bef and aft is great... I would do it and bed rest doesn't meant no acupuncture... and just a bit of driving should be ok I drove 3hrs back from my clinic the day of transfer so ... go for it. Good luck girl.

Helene

I think acupucture 24 hrs bef and aft is great... I would do it and bed rest doesn't meant no acupuncture... and just a bit of driving should be ok I drove 3hrs back from my clinic the day of transfer so ... go for it. Good luck girl.

Helene
    Thank you. My Doc does let acupuncturist into their clinic, but my acupuncturist (15) mins away prefers to do it at her place. Which I think I would prefer to do as well. It is much calmer there!

My appointment was moved to Friday morning 7:30 since everything looked fine yest afternoon with blood. So they called and said, don't come in until Friday at 7:30 (instead of Thurs).

They said to bring my Ganirelix. I have a feeling that one is going in my BEHIND! OUCH. but oh, well. I will do it. Not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Congratulations!!!!! Praying everything continues to go well!! Can't wait to hear how tomorrow's appt. goes.

Love the photos, Helene. Great job with the touch ups!!!

Good luck with Friday's visit, SoBe! Hope you can start stimming on Sat. keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It sounds like she gave you a lot to think about - options are nice. I'm glad she was so honest and was able to tell you about trying to use your own eggs one more time. I didn't know they could test the cells of embryos like that. But my heavens, the cost of the testing! Good for her for making you the last appointment and spending so much time with you. Praying you and DH can come to a decision you are happy with so you can start your next journey.

How are you doing after your IUI? Feel OK?

I did acupuncture the day before our IVF and I think 4 days after the procedure. We live an hour away from our acupuncturist, so I didn't want to risk the drive so soon after the procedure. Does you clinic work with an acupuncturist? Some clinics have one that comes in and does a session right after your IVF. I'm a big fan of it.
    Thank you! my clinic does, but wants acupuncturist prefers me to see her at her facility. Which I actually prefer. Well, I guess it would be nice to do it there at the clnic, but it won't be very relaxing. How are you??

tonysmom2001 Guest

Acupuncture ?

I did acupuncture right after my transfer and I think it helped even though mine ended in a M/C I am thinking about starting acupuncture now before my july IVF.

Quote Originally Posted by tonysmom2001 View Post
    I did acupuncture right after my transfer and I think it helped even though mine ended in a M/C I am thinking about starting acupuncture now before my july IVF.
    that's a great idea. I started in April. and have gone once per week. Go for it! And keep us posted. So you have a July date? Perfect!

Thank you! my clinic does, but wants acupuncturist prefers me to see her at her facility. Which I actually prefer. Well, I guess it would be nice to do it there at the clnic, but it won't be very relaxing. How are you??
    If your clinic is only 15 min from your acupuncturist I say go for it! Very exciting! I'm doing well - no big news, just working and saving money for our procedure. I have a feeling we won't qualify for the Compassionate Care program (free meds - I spoke with them yesterday and it didn't sound encouraging) so I'm just trying to save as much as I can in case we don't. Can't wait to hear about your next app!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    If your clinic is only 15 min from your acupuncturist I say go for it! Very exciting! I'm doing well - no big news, just working and saving money for our procedure. I have a feeling we won't qualify for the Compassionate Care program (free meds - I spoke with them yesterday and it didn't sound encouraging) so I'm just trying to save as much as I can in case we don't. Can't wait to hear about your next app!
    Thanks and best of luck. It sucks this is so expensive. Our insurance doesn't cover anything. Well, except the office visits. But our co-pay is still 25.00 each time I step my foot in the door. And my acupuncture is 65.00 everytime I go there. Ah, well. It will all be worth it. Best of luck!