Page 544 of 593 FirstFirst ... 44 444 494 534542543544545546 554 ... LastLast
Results 16,291 to 16,320 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Pam - Of course I remember you dear & good for you for continuing down the TTC path. I am so happy & thrilled for you & DH to be carrying twins after a successful IVF cycle. Your story is very inspiring to this thread. Thanks for sharing & best of luck with those LO's!!

Rhonda

Quote Originally Posted by pam2334 View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Pam and I was an active member on this board when I underwent my first IVF cycle back in July 2009. I was cycle buddies with Janie, Sarah, and Adriene. Rhonda, do you remember me? A natural miscarriage and a spontaneous ectopic pregnancy brought me to IVF. Anyway, my first cycle back in July was a BFN. Ever since, I've been silently keeping up and rooting for all of you. I disappeared because I found it easier to go through all of this on my own and spreading the news of disappointment was very hard for me. I don't know if that makes sense, but when I'm hurting, I tend to isolate myself. And that's what I've been doing for the past 9 months.

Anyway, I'm writing to hopefully give you hope. After my BFN in July, I jumped right back on the horse and did IVF #2 in September. Another BFN. The clinic I was going to was huge and I just didn't feel like they paid attention to detail or personalized anything. And although my insurance covered all of the costs at that clinic, I left and went to a new RE that wasn't covered. Ouch. But it's so worth it. Anyway, I didn't waste any time and I went through IVF #3 in November/Decemer. BFP! But my HCG #'s weren't doubling properly and they soon found out it wasn't a healthy pregnancy. I miscarried at 10 weeks. A miscarriage after IVF is so much worse than a negative. What a tease. And I have to say that after each failed cycle it was like someone kicked me in the stomach while I was down, and each time it was harder and harder to get back up.

I started exploring adoption and went to an adoption meeting. I started looking into DE. I am 37 years old, and was almost convinced that maybe I wasn't meant to be a mother. I've always had an amazing connection with kids and thought that was all I was ever meant to be, but was starting to come to grips that, no matter how badly I wanted it, maybe this wasn't in God's plan for me.

BUT, I wouldn't let myself give up. Once I was cleared after my m/c, I started IVF #4 in April. My embryo quality was never good in the past, and I usually ended up with only morulas on day 5. And poor embryo quality is something that can't be changed. I really thought I was doomed. Anyway, on day 5, I had an expanded blast (4BB)...I couldn't believe it! What progress! And 5 other early blasts. They transferred 3. After all of the embryos my husband and I made over the past year, we never had any make it to freeze. This cycle we actually had two! This seemed so surreal, and even if I didn't get pregnant, I was just so happy that we actually made it this far.

Well, my first HCG 9dp5dt: 260!
    Second HCG 12dp5dt: 1408! Wow!

I had my ultrasound today and we saw 2 heartbeats both measuring perfectly. I'm in shock. I never thought I would be writing such good news.

But my point is to tell you that there's always hope. Don't give up prematurely. What kept me going was that the only guarantee of not becoming a mother was if I stopped trying. Believe me, I know how hard this journey is. There are some people that get lucky and they get pregnant on their first or second try, and it's wonderful! But there are others who may have to go through 4 or 5 or 6 cycles, and I completely understand how defeating repeated IVF failure is. The best decision I ever made was to switch clinics, pay out of pocket, and deplete our savings account. You need an RE who pays attention and who does the absolute best with what you give them. And a good RE will tell you if there's still hope or if it's time to move on to other options like DE. My new clinic was small and personal and they ran a tight ship. It felt really good to be their patient.

I hope this gives everyone some hope. I pray that all of you have great success in your journey. And I realize I'm not out of the woods yet. But, god forbid, if something happens, I'm going to get up and try again.

Good luck to all of you!

Pam
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Is Gonal F the same as Follistim? I really think i need to do something different. My 4 iui's are as follows w/ meds;

#1 femara, 1 ovidrel, 1 follicle
    #2 femara, 1 ovidrel, 2 follicles
    #3 femara cds 4-8, follistim 75 (cds 9-10) 6 follicles, (2 ovidrels) progesterone supplements (W/ different clinic)
    #4 femara cds 3-7 and follistim cds 3-8 only 1 follicle (1 ovidrel)

I feel another bfn coming and I want my meds changed!!!!!!!!!
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    Is Gonal F the same as Follistim? I really think i need to do something different. My 4 iui's are as follows w/ meds;

#3 femara cds 4-8, follistim 75 (cds 9-10) 6 follicles, (2 ovidrels) progesterone supplements (W/ different clinic)

I think they are pretty much the same..also my clinic always uses progesterone suppositories with every cycle...did you have them with all of yours? I am not really familiar with the femara..What does your RE say about changing your meds?

I'm not totally sure but I think they are in the same family - gonadotropins I believe.

Which clinic will you go to if you have to do another cycle (but I am really hoping you don't have to do any more)?

My RE told me after 4 IUI cycles with Femara it was time to move on to either injectables or IVF... I don't think he does the oral meds and injectables combo though. You ALWAYS have the right to ask for different meds if you don't think yours are working for you!!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1). September 2014: TTC #3!

Cynderella,

Looking at your signature, I see you've gone through a lot of heartache. I'm so sorry. Hang in there. As I've learned, a new RE and a new cycle can produce dramatically different results. Let's hope that's the case for you.

With both of my BFP cycles (IVF #3 m/c and IVF #4) I did the long lupron protocol. Now, obviously, this isn't for everyone. If you're not a good responder or have low ovarian reserve, it may "over suppress" you and you won't produce many, if any eggs. I was always a good responder, but the embryo quality was bad. Just to give a quick run down:

IVF #1: Antagonist protocol (ret'd 20 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized) Day 5 only 4 morulas left. Transferred 2 morulas, BFN

IVF #2: Microdose Lupron protocol (ret'd 13 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized) Day 3 transfer of 2 9-cells and 1 8-cell) BFN.

Switched clinics/new RE

IVF #3: Long Lupron (ret'd 8 eggs, 7 fertilized) Day 5 transfer of 1BC blast and 1 early blast. BFP, but m/c at 10 weeks.

IVF #4: Long Lupron (ret'd 9 eggs, 8 fertilized) Day 5 transfer of 1 4BB blast and two early blasts. And two to freeze for the first time! BFP!

My RE said that the long lupron protocol has the highest pregnancy rates and produces the best embryo quality, but you have to be a decent responder. All my numbers were great (antral follicle count, AMH, FSH, etc), but we just produced crappy embryos. You'll notice that I didn't produce a lot of eggs with my last two cycles, but it truly shows that it's quality over quantity. That's the most important thing I learned along the way. We get so hung up on the numbers, and they really don't matter that much. Even though I only had 8 last cycle, 6 of them became blasts! Amazing. I just assumed that my husband and I were incapable of producing a quality embryo.

Anyway, my RE reviewed my first two cycles from my first clinic. He thinks I was triggered way too late for both cycles and that's why we lost so many eggs. Sometimes I feel like my first two were such a waste, because they didn't pay attention and they did things on THEIR schedule versus my body's.

I can't emphasize this enough: if you're a tough case, so to speak, without a doctor who pays great attention to detail about what YOU'RE doing, monitors you carefully and stimulates you correctly, and times the trigger shot just right, you'll be hard-pressed to have success. My new RE watched me like a hawk and made all of the decisions. At my original clinic, the nurses did everything, and quite frankly, I question whether my doctor had anything to do with the decisions. And I feel like sometimes these clinics are lazy and lump everyone together for their convenience and according to their schedule. And of course, when the cycle fails they blame it on your "bad eggs" or that you have "poor embryo quality", when it may have boiled down to them not paying enough attention.

Hope this information helps. I'm no expert, but I certainly have learned a lot (in a way, I feel like I deserve an honorary master's degree with the amount of googling I've done! LOL)

I noticed you didn't have transfers for your first two cycles. What happened? What protocols have you tried, and how do you typically respond?

Pam
    My BFP came on the long lupron too! We just did an IUI for kicks so if it doesnt work, we will be doing an estrogen priming with a long lupron. My first 2 didnt transfer because we were doing PGD testing and the RE wouldnt submit without 6 embies and the first ER we only got 5 so we froze them at day 3 and went another round, we then got 8, 6 made it to PGD but all came back abnormal, so no transfer. We did Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelex the first 2, then went to a long lupron where I got the BFP but it ended in a chemical at 5 wks. Then tried a Micro dose lupron flare and then on the last went back to the Bravelle/Menopur/Ganirelx. That RE wouldnt do the EPP, which I think will help with the Long Lupron hopefully. Im glad it worked for you, that gives me hope!

Is long Lupron considered 2 or 3 weeks? How does that compare to short Lupron. I'm finding that now that all this stuff is about to start I don't know as much as I thought I did!

Pam,thanks for your story. It's encouraging to see success stories on something that is so heart wrenching as IVF and infertility. Congrats to you on your precious little people!

Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    I think they are pretty much the same..also my clinic always uses progesterone suppositories with every cycle...did you have them with all of yours? I am not really familiar with the femara..What does your RE say about changing your meds?
    I've only done the prog suppositories on iui 3 b/c that was at a different clinic. I had to switch back to my first clinic for financial reasons. My current RE doesn't put me on them & I ask everytime!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I'm not totally sure but I think they are in the same family - gonadotropins I believe.

Which clinic will you go to if you have to do another cycle (but I am really hoping you don't have to do any more)?

My RE told me after 4 IUI cycles with Femara it was time to move on to either injectables or IVF... I don't think he does the oral meds and injectables combo though. You ALWAYS have the right to ask for different meds if you don't think yours are working for you!!!
    I will be demanding different meds next time, although we are seriously considering going to ivf. My current RE is extremely conservative w/meds & so he doesn't really take my opinion on meds into acct. I'm not feeling hopeful about this cycle & I'm usually right. we have decided that the debt from ivf won't be so bad 10-15 yrs from now & if we actually do get a baby from it then it would be worth it! Right!?

I've only done the prog suppositories on iui 3 b/c that was at a different clinic. I had to switch back to my first clinic for financial reasons. My current RE doesn't put me on them & I ask everytime!
    I wonder why.. I only ask b/c at our clinic they make everyone do them.. I asked before if if they were mandatory and they said yes...Does he/she give you a reason for why you cant do them?

Rhonda - I'm so glad to see you have a game plan again! I know you're still in the process of looking to see if you are missing anything, but I'm just so glad you have some direction. I know how good it feels to have a plan. At least I always felt that way.

Everyone who has current cycles going on - lots of babydust your way!

Pam - congrats! Our due dates are probably only about a week or so apart.
    Last edited by ClarisseMarie; 05-23-2010 at 08:59 PM.

Happy Monday and baby Dust to all my IVF sisters.

I watched the "Lost" finale last night and for over an hour. Can't wait to start stiming, I'm sure I'll be crying all over the place .

Took my last BCP this morning RE appointment on Friday Meds start Saturday

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

tonysmom2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Is long Lupron considered 2 or 3 weeks? How does that compare to short Lupron. I'm finding that now that all this stuff is about to start I don't know as much as I thought I did!
    Long Lupron usually starts on CD21 after your AF before you start IVF, then you get one AF while on Lupron and at that point you start the rest of your meds like Gonal-F. The realy purpose behind it is to get better quality eggs over quantity. With my first IVF cycle it was what they consider a short cycle, 2 weeks of meds after AF then retrevial and transfer, we only had 12 eggs at retrevial, 8 fertilized, 5 made it to transfer but noone made it to freeze. So we are going to try a long Lupron cycle in July to see if we get better quality eggs and hopefully have some that make it to freeze.

H
    Last edited by pam2334; 06-29-2010 at 06:32 PM.

It makes me so happy to hear that my story gives you hope. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope all your dreams come true! As I told Michele, I'm here if any of you would like to talk and to cheer you on.

Michele--thank you for the encouraging words about my sister. I believe in my heart that she's going to be okay. I'm sorry you've had such a long, painful journey, too. I know how hard it is, but try to have faith and keep believing because anything is possible!

Best wishes!

Pam
    Thanks, Pam. If I didn't believe it would happen, I couldn't keep trying for our BFP. I am just working on accepting it happening in God's time, rather than when I want it. Of course I want it to happen NOW, but I just want to be a mom, so really, whenever it happens is fine. Keeping your sister in my prayers.

With both of my BFP cycles (IVF #3 m/c and IVF #4) I did the long lupron protocol. Now, obviously, this isn't for everyone. If you're not a good responder or have low ovarian reserve, it may "over suppress" you and you won't produce many, if any eggs. I was always a good responder, but the embryo quality was bad. Just to give a quick run down:

IVF #1: Antagonist protocol (ret'd 20 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized) Day 5 only 4 morulas left. Transferred 2 morulas, BFN

IVF #2: Microdose Lupron protocol (ret'd 13 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized) Day 3 transfer of 2 9-cells and 1 8-cell) BFN.

Switched clinics/new RE

IVF #3: Long Lupron (ret'd 8 eggs, 7 fertilized) Day 5 transfer of 1BC blast and 1 early blast. BFP, but m/c at 10 weeks.

IVF #4: Long Lupron (ret'd 9 eggs, 8 fertilized) Day 5 transfer of 1 4BB blast and two early blasts. And two to freeze for the first time! BFP!

My RE said that the long lupron protocol has the highest pregnancy rates and produces the best embryo quality, but you have to be a decent responder. All my numbers were great (antral follicle count, AMH, FSH, etc), but we just produced crappy embryos. You'll notice that I didn't produce a lot of eggs with my last two cycles, but it truly shows that it's quality over quantity. That's the most important thing I learned along the way. We get so hung up on the numbers, and they really don't matter that much. Even though I only had 8 last cycle, 6 of them became blasts! Amazing. I just assumed that my husband and I were incapable of producing a quality embryo.

Anyway, my RE reviewed my first two cycles from my first clinic. He thinks I was triggered way too late for both cycles and that's why we lost so many eggs. Sometimes I feel like my first two were such a waste, because they didn't pay attention and they did things on THEIR schedule versus my body's.

I can't emphasize this enough: if you're a tough case, so to speak, without a doctor who pays great attention to detail about what YOU'RE doing, monitors you carefully and stimulates you correctly, and times the trigger shot just right, you'll be hard-pressed to have success. My new RE watched me like a hawk and made all of the decisions. At my original clinic, the nurses did everything, and quite frankly, I question whether my doctor had anything to do with the decisions. And I feel like sometimes these clinics are lazy and lump everyone together for their convenience and according to their schedule. And of course, when the cycle fails they blame it on your "bad eggs" or that you have "poor embryo quality", when it may have boiled down to them not paying enough attention.

Hope this information helps. I'm no expert, but I certainly have learned a lot (in a way, I feel like I deserve an honorary master's degree with the amount of googling I've done! LOL)

I noticed you didn't have transfers for your first two cycles. What happened? What protocols have you tried, and how do you typically respond?

Pam
    Thanks for exlaining your journey, Pam. That is exactly the reason why we've switched clinics. Waiting to see what protocol we'll go on, but I know that a new protocol will lead to new results!

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    Rhonda - I'm so glad to see you have a game plan again! I know you're still in the process of looking to see if you are missing anything, but I'm just so glad you have some direction. I know how good it feels to have a plan. At least I always felt that way.

Clarisse Marie. How you feeling??

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post

I watched the "Lost" finale last night and for over an hour. Can't wait to start stiming, I'm sure I'll be crying all over the place .

YAY for last BCP pill. Good luck with your appt. on Friday and meds on Sat! KUP!!!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Hi gals! Just dropping in to say hello & good luck to the stimmers!!! Hope you are all doing well.

I have post-IVF consult with my RE tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty much prepared to hear the strong push for donor eggs.

I'll update you tomorrow evening! Hugs, kisses & babydust to everyone!!!

Rhonda
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

I wonder why.. I only ask b/c at our clinic they make everyone do them.. I asked before if if they were mandatory and they said yes...Does he/she give you a reason for why you cant do them?
    This last time when I questioned the dr he said we would probably do the suppositories, but when it came time to get the script from the nurse they said he didn't want to do them.

When I pushed for answers the nurses said I didn't need them b/c the progesterone doesn't feed the hcg that the hcg feeds the progesterone. . . i'm like uh yes, but why is it then that some women NEED the supplement to sustain a pgcy!? Then the nurse went on to say "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

Yes, I hate this office but it is a $1000 cheaper to go here than the other clinic and we simply can't throw that much money around especially when it appears my chances are so low already. This could go on for so long!

This last time when I questioned the dr he said we would probably do the suppositories, but when it came time to get the script from the nurse they said he didn't want to do them.

When I pushed for answers the nurses said I didn't need them b/c the progesterone doesn't feed the hcg that the hcg feeds the progesterone. . . i'm like uh yes, but why is it then that some women NEED the supplement to sustain a pgcy!? Then the nurse went on to say "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."

Yes, I hate this office but it is a $1000 cheaper to go here than the other clinic and we simply can't throw that much money around especially when it appears my chances are so low already. This could go on for so long!
    Ergh. I am sorry! That sounds incredibly frustrating! I completely understand about the $.. but hopefully you wont need to go too far with treatments. I hope you get some good news very soon!

Trigger last night.. poor DH was exhausted...

Current follies as of yesterday morning.. I am hoping they have grown a little L: 20.8mm on R: 17, 11.5, and 10.5 Endo Lining at 10

IUI tomorrow at 10:40am.. Here we go again..

Had my first U/S after stimming this morning. The Nurse kept telling me not to be upset if they can't find anything yet. since it is early.

BUT, so far I have LEft: 7.5, 8 and 7.5 and Right: 8, 8, 8 !!!

They said I am responding very well! And no overstim (like last time). Well, so far.

Thanks for all your love and support. Will keep you posted on Thursday after my next appointment.

Good luck all!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Hi gals! Just dropping in to say hello & good luck to the stimmers!!! Hope you are all doing well.

I have post-IVF consult with my RE tomorrow afternoon. I am pretty much prepared to hear the strong push for donor eggs.

I'll update you tomorrow evening! Hugs, kisses & babydust to everyone!!!

Rhonda
    GOOD LUCK! Keep us posted.

Hi Rhonda, glad you remember me. I'm been following this thread a bit over the past several months, and I'm so sorry you weren't successful. I know how frustrating it is, but with your will and determination, you will have a baby (whether it's with your own eggs, DE, adoption, etc.). You will choose the right path to make it happen. You are such pillar of strength, and it's amazing how much support you provide all of the girls on here. I will keep you in my prayers.

Cakegal: I think short lupron protocol usually refers to the Microdose Lupron protocol. Is that what you'll be doing? Whatever the case, I'm sure your RE knows what's best for you. Everyone's different, and some people do much better with a particular protocol than others. Good luck! I wish you the best!

Clarisse Marie: Congratulations to you, too! I will be exactly 7 weeks tomorrow, so it looks like I'm only 4 days behind you. How exciting! How are you feeling? I'm very happy, but also so paranoid that something's going to go wrong. The first trimester is terrifying! After going through as much as we have, it's inevitable that we constantly feel "defensive pessimism", but I'm trying to stay positive and have faith that everything is finally going to work out. I hope your pregnancy goes smoothly and I'm so happy foryou.

Southern Belle: How exciting that you're starting meds soon! Good luck!
    Thank you for sharing your story. I admire your tenacity. Congratulations on your (2) little bambinos! God bless you and your family-to-be.

No, I don't know any of the Jersey Shore cast.

I have two 17s on the right side! Bloodwork should be back in a couple hours. Looks like I will O early!

There has to be another one you can go to, and when you think about it you might be better off going with the more expensive one, this one is just making you do IUI after IUI and there is no reason for that, it sounds like he is not conservative but money hungry. There is no reason that he should not listen to you, with that low follie count you need to be on the follistim the whole time with a higher dose, enough of the femara, and this crap of him not giving you the progesterone is really bad. Your wasting your money with this guy, it sounds like he is messing up your IUI's to get you to go to IVF where he can really make some money and thats just sad, you need to put your foot down with him, your the patient, you are paying and you get to say what happens, demand the injectables, and if he refuses to give you the progesterone then go to your OB and get it through them, have this guy do the IUI and as soon as your done go to your OB and have them follow it. Good luck, that just ticks me off when i see doctors pulling this crap, mine tried to do that too, and after 3 m/c i switched doctors so our next IUI i will be on progesterone, i insisted!!

Trigger last night.. poor DH was exhausted...

Current follies as of yesterday morning.. I am hoping they have grown a little L: 20.8mm on R: 17, 11.5, and 10.5 Endo Lining at 10

IUI tomorrow at 10:40am.. Here we go again..
    Good luck honey i have my fingers crossed for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    Good luck honey i have my fingers crossed for you!!
    Thank you!!! How are you doing Chris?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkandtheWild View Post
    I have two 17s on the right side! Bloodwork should be back in a couple hours. Looks like I will O early!
    Good Luck!!

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post

Thank you. How are you feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post

I cried like crazy too.I thought the ending was beautiful. Just beautiful. So you start stimming soon? Keep me posted! I am only a few days ahead of you!

Pam - you should come join me in January due dates! We really need an Expecting after ART room, because I've had a lot of questions that people in my room probably wouldn't have the answer to, and I don't want to come bother you ladies who are ttc with them.

Rhonda - please kup and GL!! I hope you can get some things figured out, or at least get a plan in place.

Thanks, ladies for asking about me! I've been feeling pretty sick the past few days, but after yesterday's blood test I think I know the answer. Last Wed., my progesterone was 30.8. Well, yesterday they said it was 77! So I guess that would explain it. That seems like a really big jump, so I'm hoping it's just has to do with the time of day, or the fact that I hadn't drank that much before yesterday's test.