Page 542 of 593 FirstFirst ... 42442492532540541542543544552592 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,260 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Just finished my birth control pill on Monday night. Have baseline and u/s tomorrow Thursday, May 20th!

Will keep you all posted. If all goes well shots should start tomorrow

2nd Round here we go! I am giving it my best shot. (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    tonysmom - yes I noticed! I try and keep up but it seams people are busy with other things?

southern bell - glad everything is going smoothly for you girl. Hope you get your bfp.

cynderella - well I don't know anything on IUI but sound pretty good to me

AFM - Well we had our u/s today and bw. it was the IPS screening like the NT scan for you girls, and so they mesured the neck distance between the bones. Well the result was 1.5mm which is normal I think. Last year at my IPS screening for Jamie, the distance was 2.5 and that's why it was so allarming and for a good reason he did have Downs Syndrome. So I think I am safe now to say this baby doesn't have downs... I will know more at the second bw in a couple of weeks. So the hb was 154 and he/she measure 6cm or something? So everything seams to be going good. I was really worried not to see the heal flick today but everything is great.

Helene
    so glad everything is going good. I will keep you in my prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by tonysmom2001 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that the IVF room has been dead since Rhonda left, I miss her!!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post
    I decided to trigger now (11am) and the IUI will be tomorrow about 9am We are only doing one as the Dr says there is no improvement with more than one (yet they tell you to have sex, sooooo?) If BFN we will go right into a EPP with Long Lupron. Fingers crossed we get a surprise with IUI! lol

Also, have any of you had your AMH test done? I had never heard of it until this Dr and she says it gives an idea of ovarian reserve. Mine came back normal at 1.1 and my FSH was 7 (although it has been as high as 9) so all indicators are showing a normal ovarian reserve so Im so confused. It must just be my quality sucks.
    It's odd they don't do a second IUI but encourage you to have sex...but sounds like you've got your plan set and you're ready for tomorrow. Great news! I just had my AMH test done a few weeks ago and I tested at 1.6 which my Dr said was OK, but they like to see it at 2 or above. Hmmm...My FSH at last testing was, I think, 8.6. She said that I had a bit of a quality issue but it was definitely workable and that we should keep trying naturally as well as doing an IVF in a few months time. I find it frustrating when the tests are supposed to be standard and yet Dr's give us different answers for our results. I wonder what it means? I know as long as we're above 1, though, we are very much in the game (my Dr. said when it was .5 then they ran into troubles) According to our tests, we're both good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Just finished my birth control pill on Monday night. Have baseline and u/s tomorrow Thursday, May 20th!

Will keep you all posted. If all goes well shots should start tomorrow

2nd Round here we go! I am giving it my best shot. (no pun intended)
    Congrats for the last BCP!! Can't wait for you to start stimming. Praying for your BFP!!
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 05-19-2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    It's odd they don't do a second IUI but encourage you to have sex...but sounds like you've got your plan set and you're ready for tomorrow. Great news! I just had my AMH test done a few weeks ago and I tested at 1.6 which my Dr said was OK, but they like to see it at 2 or above. Hmmm...My FSH at last testing was, I think, 8.6. She said that I had a bit of a quality issue but it was definitely workable and that we should keep trying naturally as well as doing an IVF in a few months time. I find it frustrating when the tests are supposed to be standard and yet Dr's give us different answers for our results. I wonder what it means? I know as long as we're above 1, though, we are very much in the game (my Dr. said when it was .5 then they ran into troubles) According to our tests, we're both good to go.

Congrats for the last BCP!! Can't wait for you to start stimming. Praying for your BFP!!
    Thank you, Thank you! US TOOOO. Will be 3 years TTC this June. It has been an amazing journey. I never knew how strong I was. Now I know! You are also in my prayers.

tonysmom2001 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    tonysmom - yes I noticed! I try and keep up but it seams people are busy with other things?

southern bell - glad everything is going smoothly for you girl. Hope you get your bfp.

cynderella - well I don't know anything on IUI but sound pretty good to me

AFM - Well we had our u/s today and bw. it was the IPS screening like the NT scan for you girls, and so they mesured the neck distance between the bones. Well the result was 1.5mm which is normal I think. Last year at my IPS screening for Jamie, the distance was 2.5 and that's why it was so allarming and for a good reason he did have Downs Syndrome. So I think I am safe now to say this baby doesn't have downs... I will know more at the second bw in a couple of weeks. So the hb was 154 and he/she measure 6cm or something? So everything seams to be going good. I was really worried not to see the heal flick today but everything is great.

Helene
    I know I still find myself having a hard time coming on to APA or even the IVF room since I lost my pumpkins, deep down I am extremley happy for everyone getting BFP's but it is still a tender subject. I hope Rhonda is okay she is still in my thoughts and prayers!

tonysmom2001 Guest

Hi Michele I just saw your PM I am gonna write back right now!!

Thank you, Thank you! US TOOOO. Will be 3 years TTC this June. It has been an amazing journey. I never knew how strong I was. Now I know! You are also in my prayers.
    Thanks! I know - this whole roller coaster has really taught me so much about myself and brought DH & I so much closer together. Can't wait for you to get your BFP! I feel that if people all around me are getting pregnant, that it is just a matter of time before it happens for me. Good luck and

I know I still find myself having a hard time coming on to APA or even the IVF room since I lost my pumpkins, deep down I am extremley happy for everyone getting BFP's but it is still a tender subject. I hope Rhonda is okay she is still in my thoughts and prayers!
    You're doing a great job, Kelly. Just keep taking care of yourself and take a break from all the pregnancy talk when you need to. We all understand and are pulling for a H&H 9 months for you soon.

Hi Michele I just saw your PM I am gonna write back right now!!
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by reinoncarri View Post
    Wanted to let you girls know the nurse called and it's a negative for me again. Now to see what the RE has in mind for me....

Thanks for all your good vibes and support! I'll keep prayin for all my IUI/IVF sisters!
    So sorry to hear this.
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Quote Originally Posted by reinoncarri View Post
    Wanted to let you girls know the nurse called and it's a negative for me again. Now to see what the RE has in mind for me....

Thanks for all your good vibes and support! I'll keep prayin for all my IUI/IVF sisters!

I'm sorry Carri..
    Last edited by 32ellah; 05-20-2010 at 06:01 AM.

Have I mentioned that I HATE injections?????? ARGH!!!!!!
    Last edited by 32ellah; 05-20-2010 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkandtheWild View Post
    Today is CD4 for me and I had my baseline bw and us. Everything looks good, and no leftover follies like I had last cycle!
    I started my 50mg Clomid today as the nurse doesn't think I need to try anything else. I inquired about upping my dose or trying injectibles and she was like nah.
    Ah well.
    Hi Kat! I think I am right behind you in this cycle...

Tomorrow is beta. I'm expecting BFN. not being pessimistic, just realistic.
    Tasha(31)BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by tashab View Post
    I know...I HATE beta day..

can I ask how many IUI's this is for you with injectables?

I hope this is it for you!

Had my baseline and u/s this morning. all looks good. just waiting for call this afternoon. If all ok, I start shot of Bravelle & Menopur tomorrow night and my antibiotic.
    Next appointment Tuesday, May 25th for monitoring.

IVF # 2 has begun. God bless this trip!

Quote Originally Posted by 32ellah View Post
    I know...I HATE beta day..

can I ask how many IUI's this is for you with injectables?
    This is my 2nd IUI using Clomid and Gonal +F. I had 1 cycle with Clomid and timed intercourse and 1 with Clomid, Gonal F & timed intercourse too.
    Tasha(31)BLOG

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    I hope this is it for you!
    Thank you.
    Tasha(31)BLOG

Had my baseline and u/s this morning. all looks good. just waiting for call this afternoon. If all ok, I start shot of Bravelle & Menopur tomorrow night and my antibiotic.
    Next appointment Tuesday, May 25th for monitoring.

IVF # 2 has begun. God bless this trip!
    Congratulations on a great baseline this morning! I hope you get good news this afternoon and can start your stimming tomorrow night. Sending you lots of KUP on your results this afternoon.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday. The weekend is almost here.

Rhonda - You and your family are in our prayers. Hope you're doing OK?

This is my 2nd IUI using Clomid and Gonal +F. I had 1 cycle with Clomid and timed intercourse and 1 with Clomid, Gonal F & timed intercourse too.
    I know it costs a bit more, but I wonder if injectables only would be an option? My first cycle with clomid and gonal-f didnt work.. my second with gonal-f only and ovidrel didnt work..but the third one did..sometimes, I think its a matter of timing and getting the right formula down.. I think the RE's are in a constant state of learning, right along with us..

I know it costs a bit more, but I wonder if injectables only would be an option? My first cycle with clomid and gonal-f didnt work.. my second with gonal-f only and ovidrel didnt work..but the third one did..sometimes, I think its a matter of timing and getting the right formula down.. I think the RE's are in a constant state of learning, right along with us..
    I think if I wanted to try injectables only that my doc would be ok with that. I know with my Gonal F, I pay $100 for 2 vials of it. How much do you normally take on injectables?
    Tasha(31)BLOG

Hi ladies. I really missed you all so much! The drive to & from Connecticut was long & tough, but I'm home and rested up yesterday before returning to work. Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. I am so grateful for my IVF sisters!!

So many of you have your meds & are starting your cycles and that is so exciting. I feel like I missed so much in the past week. I'm sorry for not being there to celebrate all the milestones! Congrats to all the stimmers and soon-to-be stimmers! Please KUP on how your monitoring is going! I'm back to checking on you daily, so I promise to stay current.

Helene- Sorry you still haven't heard back on your test, but sounds like you might be in the clearing. I'm so glad your u/s and the HB are still looking fabulous. Good luck on the other tests! I'm sure they will be normal as well. Hope your DD has a wonderful birthday and sorry to hear your baby had a fall, but glad he healed up quickly! Keep taking care of you & baby.

Stacie- I'm so thrilled to hear you will try naturally the next 2 months & I pray it works!! Hopefully you won't have to bother with an IUI or IVF ever again.

Heather- When is the next u/s to hear the HB?? Hope you are doing ok. Don't make me worry!!

Rachel- Thanks for sharing the link. I doubt that we will do another fresh cycle with my eggs, but you know I love research and knowing the most current protocols out there!

Sobe- I know the meds were intimidating, but I hope you are feeling more ready & confident. You can do this!!

Again, thank you ALL for your posts and I apologize for not sending a special reply to each & every person, but I promise to keep up going forward. Lots & lots of love to my sisters who I've missed dearly!!!

Rhonda
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Ok, so my grandpa is resting now & I'm feeling good about that. It was great seeing my family even though we were all mourning our loss.

So, me & DH had a consult with my prior RE who did my clomid cycles and repaired my tube from my last ectopic. It's been 2 years since he's seen us and he was shocked with everything we've had done since he last saw me (removal of that last fallopian tube & 4 failed IVF's). After watching The Fertility Chase on WEtv for the past 2 weeks, I brought up to him some of the discussions. I wanted him to do a laparoscopy to see if my endometriosis was back since he is one of the best microsurgeons in our area. He flat out told me that it was a waste of time because if I had any significant endometriosis it would have shown up by now in my ultrasounds with all the procedures and it would not have interefered with the IVF success. That is not what the RE's were saying on the show last week. He also disagreed with me doing IVIG with all my cycles because he also feels that is very controversial and is likely a waste of our money. He felt we were adding too much stress to our IVF protocols when it sounds like the reasons they are failing is due to my age & poor egg quality. Regardless of embryo quality, the eggs are old and probably were not good enough quality to create a viable pregnancy. That was his two cents. He said he was being honest and wanted me to consider seeing one of their ART docs again. He is an RE, but he doesn't do IUI or IVF. He only does testing, monitoring and microsurgeries. They have 7 docs that do the ART procedures. I've already had a call from them to talk to one of the RE's that do the ART procedures to review my last 4 protocols, embryo fertility reports & embryo grading. So, I will call them tomorrow to schedule an appt. I am sure they will recommend donor eggs.

I am scheduled for my post-IVF consult with my current Re next week on Tuesday. She will definitely say DE if we decide to move forward.

I have not decided whether to even bother calling Dr Coulam in Chicago. When I mentioned her to Dr Moore last week, he made it clear that he was very familiar with her research and he thinks she is bogus. I just don't know who to listen to anymore. He feels all of the RE's promoting themselves talk about new protocols that work, but there isn't enough of a patient base to validate any of it and therefore it's all investigational. In his opinion, some women have simply gotten lucky, but it doesn't prove the meds/procedures/protocols were the reason for the success. He's not easily convinced and he believes in the simple, proven stuff. Whereas Dr Coulam is totally opposite. She believes in the less practiced stuff. She is more outside the box. We don't have the money to be anyone's guinea pig, so it's time for me to be rational. Well, you ladies know me by now...I have to vent, share & get feedback to help me move forward. Any thoughts?
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Ok, so my grandpa is resting now & I'm feeling good about that. It was great seeing my family even though we were all mourning our loss.

So, me & DH had a consult with my prior RE who did my clomid cycles and repaired my tube from my last ectopic. It's been 2 years since he's seen us and he was shocked with everything we've had done since he last saw me (removal of that last fallopian tube & 4 failed IVF's). After watching The Fertility Chase on WEtv for the past 2 weeks, I brought up to him some of the discussions. I wanted him to do a laparoscopy to see if my endometriosis was back since he is one of the best microsurgeons in our area. He flat out told me that it was a waste of time because if I had any significant endometriosis it would have shown up by now in my ultrasounds with all the procedures and it would not have interefered with the IVF success. That is not what the RE's were saying on the show last week. He also disagreed with me doing IVIG with all my cycles because he also feels that is very controversial and is likely a waste of our money. He felt we were adding too much stress to our IVF protocols when it sounds like the reasons they are failing is due to my age & poor egg quality. Regardless of embryo quality, the eggs are old and probably were not good enough quality to create a viable pregnancy. That was his two cents. He said he was being honest and wanted me to consider seeing one of their ART docs again. He is an RE, but he doesn't do IUI or IVF. He only does testing, monitoring and microsurgeries. They have 7 docs that do the ART procedures. I've already had a call from them to talk to one of the RE's that do the ART procedures to review my last 4 protocols, embryo fertility reports & embryo grading. So, I will call them tomorrow to schedule an appt. I am sure they will recommend donor eggs.

I am scheduled for my post-IVF consult with my current Re next week on Tuesday. She will definitely say DE if we decide to move forward.

I have not decided whether to even bother calling Dr Coulam in Chicago. When I mentioned her to Dr Moore last week, he made it clear that he was very familiar with her research and he thinks she is bogus. I just don't know who to listen to anymore. He feels all of the RE's promoting themselves talk about new protocols that work, but there isn't enough of a patient base to validate any of it and therefore it's all investigational. In his opinion, some women have simply gotten lucky, but it doesn't prove the meds/procedures/protocols were the reason for the success. He's not easily convinced and he believes in the simple, proven stuff. Whereas Dr Coulam is totally opposite. She believes in the less practiced stuff. She is more outside the box. We don't have the money to be anyone's guinea pig, so it's time for me to be rational. Well, you ladies know me by now...I have to vent, share & get feedback to help me move forward. Any thoughts?
    Welcome back, Rhonda. I imagine this last week was unbelievably tough for you and your family. I hope you're doing as well as you can be. We're all her for you, sending you lots of love.

All I can say is HMMM...like you, I don't know what to think anymore. I feel your old RE was very frank, which is a good thing, but since he also recommended seeing an ART in his clinic it is hard to tell the motivation (do you think he is motivated to get you pregnant or more motivated to get your money?). In the end, since we are not doctors ourselves, when we select a doctor, clinic or procedure, we at some point have to make our decision with faith - faith in the procedure, faith in the doctor, faith in the medications and protocols. I do feel as if your old RE was being honest with telling you you don't need the laparoscopy because your endometriosis would have shown up in any u/s you've had and that he suspects egg quality rather than a a lack of proper meds/protocols. But about the IVIG unnecessary and risky and Dr. Coulam being a quack - it is hard to say...it really depends on how much you trust this doctor.

I know we left our RE because we felt he was more interested in our money than us having a successful pregnancy. We don't get that feeling from our new clinic, but in the end, it is still really hard to say. Business is business and every doctor needs to make a profit. Right now they are treating us better and paying more attention than our old clinic ever, did which reduces stress. Maybe your old RE's clinic might be a way to go if they shoot from the hip and tell you up front if it can or cannot happen with your eggs. Because in the end, that is what you need to know - do you have an honest shot at it. They owe it to you to be honest and truthful.

I really wish I knew what to tell you. This is all SO frustrating that you can't get a straight answer, that every one has something different to say. Hopefully you and DH can figure out who you trust more. Sending you lots of patience and praying you find the answers you need to you can figure out your next move.

I have no idea if this was helpful at all...sorry!

I usually take about 112.5 for 5 or 6 nights..I responded well to Clomid, but it gave me cysts and made me feel terrible.. I really dont like Clomid at all...I would ask your doc if she thinks injectables would be a better route..or at least discuss the pros and cons with her..
    Last edited by 32ellah; 05-20-2010 at 03:55 PM.

Had my baseline and u/s this morning. all looks good. just waiting for call this afternoon. If all ok, I start shot of Bravelle & Menopur tomorrow night and my antibiotic. Next appointment Tuesday, May 25th for monitoring. IVF # 2 has begun. God bless this trip!
    yaaaaaaay!!!i'm so happy everything went well today. you're on your way to a BFP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    That was his two cents. He said he was being honest and wanted me to consider seeing one of their ART docs again. He is an RE, but he doesn't do IUI or IVF. He only does testing, monitoring and microsurgeries. They have 7 docs that do the ART procedures. I've already had a call from them to talk to one of the RE's that do the ART procedures to review my last 4 protocols, embryo fertility reports & embryo grading. So, I will call them tomorrow to schedule an appt. I am sure they will recommend donor eggs.

I have not decided whether to even bother calling Dr Coulam in Chicago. Well, you ladies know me by now...I have to vent, share & get feedback to help me move forward. Any thoughts?

Hi Rhonda!! We have all missed you terribly. Praying for strength during your healing process.

Definitely check out ART at your current RE's office. It won't hurt to see what they say. I'm sure your post-IVF consult will give you more direction into which way to go next. Dr. Coulam sounds very promising, but I agree with you not wanting to be a guinea pig. Is her success rate high? What type of rating does she have with the CDC? I've checked out my RE on the CDC website basically to see his profile and speciality. Good luck tomorrow.

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Here's the CDC link for RE clinic info. Scroll down and find your state or the state that the RE's practices in. It's the 2007 ART National Summary and Fertility Report. All RE's who peform ART must report each procedure and/or attempt to the CDC. I just reviewed my RE's info again and he has a 1 in 3 rate of multiples and specializes in ICSI procedures.

http://www.cdc.gov/art/ART2007/PDF/COMPLETE_2007_ART.pdf
    Last edited by Southern Belle; 05-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Rhonda,I wish I had some kind of divine wisdom to give you. It's almost unbelievable the things couples like us have to think about. I'm sure you will ultimately make the right decision. I found a quote today that more than applies to my life and everything going on.... "We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so we can have the life that's waiting for us." I don't think this is saying ditch your dream. I think it just means you never know where your dream will come from.

I think if I wanted to try injectables only that my doc would be ok with that. I know with my Gonal F, I pay $100 for 2 vials of it. How much do you normally take on injectables?
    I took 75iu of Follistim for 7 nights, then 150iu the last night. Since you have been ovulating well with the Clomid and injectables, I bet you would be on a low dose too if you did injectables only. 2 vials of Follistim was plenty for me during my injectable cycle.

Hopefully you don't need to worry about it though!!!

I usually take about 112.5 for 5 or 6 nights..I responded well to Clomid, but it gave me cysts and made me feel terrible.. I really dont like Clomid at all...I would ask your doc if she thinks injectables would be a better route..or at least discuss the pros and cons with her..
    I never had cysts on Femara but I got 2 cysts on my 1st cycle on Follistim. Is this common when you start to use injectable meds? Should I plan on having to take every other month off b/c of cysts?