Page 513 of 593 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast
Results 15,361 to 15,390 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    Yay Helene!!! I have to admit that I was shocked. I just knew you had two or three in there! My Dr. said that in IVF, embryos like company, so it took that many to get one! But I have to say that I think it’s a much better deal because multiples are so much more high-risk, and since we’re considered “of mature age”, we are already considered high-risk, so one is better. The heartbeat is awesome! I’m so happy for you. How are you feeling? Congratulations again!!
    so embies like company and it takes that many to make one baby ... that is so cute... I will have to write that in his/her's babybook. Now if I only could START my baby's babybook I wouldn't feel so late in the game...

sorry you asked how I was feeling. Really like nothing is in there. The nurse asked do you have ms I said no she said do you feel tender breast I said yes but really only once and then she said do you feel tired I said yes... she answered good we want you to feel those things?? Oh well...

thanks again

helene
    Last edited by secaly; 04-07-2010 at 10:53 AM.
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Helene - Yay!! I'm so happy for you!!! And that's a good strong heartbeat! Based on your high HCG levels and heart rate, I'm going to guess girl!!!

I have no idea when I will have an u/s! I am very frustrated with the quality of communication with the IVF nurse. I only had blood drawn today because I noticed it on my sheet and called them. They did not schedule it last Friday when I went in for b/w and u/s. This does not inspire confidence. They said I will start having daily appts on the 11th.
    I can't believe they are putting you through this additional stress! I'm so sorry!

mominw8ting - Good luck! I hope everything goes smoothly with the meds!

AFM - I just got back from my baseline u/s. Since we're working with a clinic from out of state, the office I went to today doesn't have the final say. However, they said if I were their IVF patient, that they would say everything looked great, and just as they wanted to see it! My uterine lining is apparently beautiful! We saw a couple of eggs, but they said they're just sort of hanging out and will probably go away in a few days. I hope that won't be a problem or that our VA clinic won't think that's a reason to cancel our cycle. I'll get my E2 test results in about another hour, and then they'll fax everything to VA and I'll see what they have to say. They're usually pretty quick to respond.
    Last edited by ClarisseMarie; 04-07-2010 at 11:32 AM.

Apparently I am getting an u/s and b/w tomorrow morning.

CD11 report, after 8 days of injectables. Things still look good, my E2 is at 210. My right side seems to be a pooper this cycle, I still have a bunch of little ones but they are not growing...the biggest is at 8mm, still. My left side is doing better, it also has a lot of little ones that have not grown, but 3 are growing, they are 11mm, 12mm and 13mm. My lining is at 7 and I have the triple line pattern or whatever. My dose will be left alone for today, Thur. and Fri. I go for another scan and b/w on Saturday. I will probably trigger that day and have my IUI Monday...but it will depend on how the scan and b/w goes. I hope this low dose is enough to keep the three growing and not grow any more...three is our cut off.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    I am one that got PG after many IUI's, it was on our 6th IUI when we got the triplets. We were on Clomid for the last 3 tries but only did an ultrasound and trigger for timing on the last time that worked. My first 5 IUI's were just going off my + OPKs and we were missing the egg. Now that we are trying again we jumped right back in with Clomid+ultrasound+trigger+IUI our first IUI didn't work, the 2nd attempt I didn't respond enough to the Clomid so we skipped the IUI. Now this cycle we jumped to injectables. I would give the injectables a shot, on your failed IUI's were you being monitored or just using OPKs? That makes a huge difference.
    Good luck!
    We have been monitored on all of our IUI's so the timing hasn't been an issue. I do think I'll give the injectables a try... I still need to confirm with DH that we will go that route, but that's what I think we're leaning toward. It definitely gives me hope to see people like you who have gotten pg after multiple IUI's!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

CD11 report, after 8 days of injectables. Things still look good, my E2 is at 210. My right side seems to be a pooper this cycle, I still have a bunch of little ones but they are not growing...the biggest is at 8mm, still. My left side is doing better, it also has a lot of little ones that have not grown, but 3 are growing, they are 11mm, 12mm and 13mm. My lining is at 7 and I have the triple line pattern or whatever. My dose will be left alone for today, Thur. and Fri. I go for another scan and b/w on Saturday. I will probably trigger that day and have my IUI Monday...but it will depend on how the scan and b/w goes. I hope this low dose is enough to keep the three growing and not grow any more...three is our cut off.
    Go left side go!!! Sounds like you are right on track, and I hope those 3 continue to grow perfectly for the IUI!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    Good News whew!!

Ok Girls I went to see the herbalist in NYC. Very nice office. Very cool guy went through my history and asked so many questions my head was spinning. Are your hands hot, can you hold your pee.. well you get the picture.. SO he sends me the herb list and I call the pharmacy. It was 900 a month HAAAAAAAAAAAA SO I emailed a company in China waiting for an answer. 900 a month for herbs HELL NO..

Quote Originally Posted by babieswanted View Post
    Good News whew!!

Ok Girls I went to see the herbalist in NYC. Very nice office. Very cool guy went through my history and asked so many questions my head was spinning. Are your hands hot, can you hold your pee.. well you get the picture.. SO he sends me the herb list and I call the pharmacy. It was 900 a month HAAAAAAAAAAAA SO I emailed a company in China waiting for an answer. 900 a month for herbs HELL NO..
    Wow - that's insane!!!

Let us know how it goes!

AFM, well I'll know what my RE said tomorrow, but the nurse I talk to all the time said that she thought everything looked great!

Good Luck this Cycle!

Go Rhonda Go!! May you have many eggs at retreival!! Yeah!!
    Awww, thanks!

Had labs drawn today. They left me a message on my phone to reduce the follistim to 75 from 125. Can anyone explain why this could be happening?
    You are just growing those follies too fast for your RE...not a bad thing, they are just slowing it down so they don't miss anything. They don't want you to get OHSS either! Best to be cautious. No need to worry cycle buddy!

Today is stim day 3 for me. I had b/w today but no u/s. I go back on Thursday for b/w.
    Hmmm, no u/s? They are watching your E2 and FSH levels, but they aren't measuring the follies during those visits. That must be disappointing. I always like to hear how things are progressing.

I have no idea when I will have an u/s! I am very frustrated with the quality of communication with the IVF nurse. I only had blood drawn today because I noticed it on my sheet and called them. They did not schedule it last Friday when I went in for b/w and u/s. This does not inspire confidence. They said I will start having daily appts on the 11th.
    Well, ask questions and voice your concerns. Better than letting it get you all worked up! Just think, the 11th is only 4 more days (really 3 since today is about over). Then you will know everything daily.

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    notstoppinme - wow 13 follies so far way to go I hope they all make it to maturity... we need all the help we can get ;) Way to go girl. So you got your green light to stims.. wow amazing... wow sounds like a very busy schedule girl... I am so exited for you lets hope everything will be fine.

AFM - Ok it was the big count beanies day... well guess what everyone you will not believe it. I have.........................

Only ONE in there ... Can you believe that... My C-Section is going to be ok and I can even try to have a Vaginal birth again maybe... Oh I am so happy about that... I was so worried to have multiples and they would all die.

I still can't believe that it took 6 embryos to have only ONE beanie... wow ... so I guess I might not have to share after all cause I wanted my one to have a sibling... oh how great it would be to have siblings and they would be together... I am so exited and happy. And my dh is so happy too he was so worried it was going to be 3 what a mess it would have been. So finally I am NOT mad at my IVF doctor anymore. I guess they do know what they are doing.

So the doctor today found out I had a c-section in December and so he will find me a high-risk OB. He wanted to know why my IVF clinic did that so early I told him they didn't know and so they want to tell them... I told them they didn't need to know what can they do anyways!!! Take my baby out come on... so anyways we shall see. Like I am 45 now and I still have 6 embies to get so I don't want to be 50 when I am done... I would like this one to be ok and hopefully next year have his sibling... and then I would be DONE... no more babies...

Thanks everyone for all your support and help in this cycle it means a lot to me to have Non-Judgemental ladies to talk to.

Oh btw my due date is Nov 10, I am 6w1d today

Helene
    Thanks Helene! I'm hoping most of my follies grow and produce eggs, but at 43 1/2, I'm not counting my eggs til they hatch (no pun intended)! I'm just staying positive and very, very hopeful that we get a nice batch so we can transfer 4-5 by 4/20. Not expecting any for freeze, but the more for transfer day, the better my chance for one to implant!

As for your special beanie!!! I know you thought you had triplets with those beta numbers, but I'm so glad you have one strong special one and I wish you a H&H 8 months!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    AFM - I just got back from my baseline u/s. Since we're working with a clinic from out of state, the office I went to today doesn't have the final say. However, they said if I were their IVF patient, that they would say everything looked great, and just as they wanted to see it! My uterine lining is apparently beautiful! We saw a couple of eggs, but they said they're just sort of hanging out and will probably go away in a few days. I hope that won't be a problem or that our VA clinic won't think that's a reason to cancel our cycle. I'll get my E2 test results in about another hour, and then they'll fax everything to VA and I'll see what they have to say. They're usually pretty quick to respond.
    You are getting closer to your FET!! Everytime you post, everything sounds like it's going perfectly! I am so excited for you.

That is a relief for you I'm sure! Can't wait to hear how things are looking. I'll be looking for an update tomorrow! I need to stay focused on you so I can take my mind off of me!!

Good News whew!!

That's absurd! Ouch!!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

So, here is my protocol: (SD = Stim Day)
    SD1- (pm) 8 vials 75iu gonal-f, 1 ganirelix,
    SD2- (am) 4 vials 75iu gonal-f; 2 vivelle dot patches (pm) 4 vials 75iu gonal-f, 1 ganirelix
    SD3- (am) 4 vials 75iu gonal-f; (pm) 3 vials gonal-f, 1 ganirelix, 1 menupur
    SD4-7 (same as SD3); every other day replace vivelle dot patches.
    SD8- 7:45am appt b/w and u/s

I'm also still taking the following every day: lexapro, prenatal, baby aspirin, dhea & folic acid 1mg.
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 04-07-2010 at 08:16 PM.

ClarisseMarie - REALLY!!! You think it's a girl?? Oh MY I would be so exited and happy to have a little girl... lets hope and pray ;) Thanks for the positive though

So the RE said everything looks great so can't wait and see

So now I don't understand... why don't you want eggs in there?? I hope everything is ok and the way your clinic wants things

srh - so stuff happening tomorrow way to go... how exiting

babiesWanted - $900/month for herbs... boy I am in the wrong field so what are you going to do? Our acupuncturist uses herbs I am sure they are not that much... I can ask if you want?

notsopppingme - you are too funny - not couting your eggs until they hatch positive is what you need girl... hey I got pg twice in my 40ths so you can do it girl. Yes transfer 5... it's a lucky number
    Boy your protocole is a heavy duty one... sorry girl for all this stuff you have to use... but what will we do for it to work you go girl!!!

thanks for the H&H 8 months... I will say the same to you in a few weeks I guess

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    SD2- (am) 4 vials 75iu gonal-f; 2 vivelle dot patches (pm) 4 vials 75iu gonal-f, 1 ganirelix

I'm also still taking the following every day: lexapro, prenatal, baby aspirin, dhea & folic acid 1mg.
    Wow - that's quite a protocol! And I thought I had a lot of meds to take!

ClarisseMarie - REALLY!!! You think it's a girl?? Oh MY I would be so exited and happy to have a little girl... lets hope and pray ;) Thanks for the positive though

So the RE said everything looks great so can't wait and see

So now I don't understand... why don't you want eggs in there?? I hope everything is ok and the way your clinic wants things
    Well, I think everything is probably fine. I heard from the RN (still not the doctor though) and she said she thought everything looked good. And I think as far as the eggs go, they just want my ovaries to be suppressed since it is a FET. So, I was afraid that if there were eggs in there then that meant they weren't suppressed! But they don't seem concerned about it, sno I guess I won't be either. And I might not even know what I'm talking about!

And I will be hoping girl for you then! I'm basing my theory on old wives tales, of course, so it's all just a guess! But they do say that higher HCG counts and higher FHRs generally mean girl! And with Madelyn, both were true and she was, of course, a girl!

Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

I donít remember if you said it, but I was wondering why you had to go out of state? Itís really important to have a good lining, so that's great! Keep us posted after you Dr. calls.

Yay! I can't wait to hear the results!

It was 900 a month HAAAAAAAAAAAA SO I emailed a company in China waiting for an answer. 900 a month for herbs HELL NO..
    Thatís ridiculous!

Great protocol! What is Lexapro?
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

Good News whew!!

Hi! I just wanted to chime in. I get weekly acupuncture and herbs once a month from the same guy. (I didn't take the herbs when I was pregnant, though). Unfortunately, I'm in CA or I would recommend him to you. $900/month seems completely crazy. I pay roughly $120-$140 depending on the blend (he blends the herbs I need in a jar so I'm not taking 10 pills a day) and that is for a month's supply. I'm glad you're looking around at other vendors. I know my RE noticed a huge difference in my egg production after I started the herbs/acupuncture. I hope it helps you out. Best of luck.
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 04-08-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

Good luck, Rhonda! I hope this is it for you!
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

6 DPIUI and I have had brownish CM everyday when I wipe. So weird. Yesterday day I had some slight cramping. Too early for AF, could it be implanting....I just don't know. I want to stay optimistic but not get overly hopeful. Up and down, emotional roller coaster every cycle. Blah, plus I am totally exhausted from traveling. You'd think with all these technology advances we would be able to find this stuff out right away, lol!

My girls
    Expecting #3 November 15th

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    notsopppingme - you are too funny - not couting your eggs until they hatch positive is what you need girl... hey I got pg twice in my 40ths so you can do it girl. Yes transfer 5... it's a lucky number
    Boy your protocol is a heavy duty one... sorry girl for all this stuff you have to use... but what will we do for it to work you go girl!!!

thanks for the H&H 8 months... I will say the same to you in a few weeks I guess

Helene
    Difference is you are getting embryo's from a nice young woman! I'm 43 (not 44 until October) and the question is always about the quality of my eggs because of my advanced age. I'm just glad I still have some cooking!! The trick is to get a golden egg out of the bunch. I think my chances would be 50% greater with donor eggs, but we really wanted to try once again with my eggs since I have been able to produce enough eggs for transfer each time and they are always graded as A-, A, B+ and B. I've never had anything graded less than a B. My issue was supposed to be implantation, but when the last cycle was a bust they switched over to blaming it on my age. I'm trying to prove them wrong!!

Wow - that's quite a protocol! And I thought I had a lot of meds to take!

Well, I think everything is probably fine. I heard from the RN (still not the doctor though) and she said she thought everything looked good. And I think as far as the eggs go, they just want my ovaries to be suppressed since it is a FET. So, I was afraid that if there were eggs in there then that meant they weren't suppressed! But they don't seem concerned about it, so I guess I won't be either. And I might not even know what I'm talking about!
    You are moving along perfectly for an FET. The main thing is to get your lining perfect!!

Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    Great protocol! What is Lexapro?
    Mental meds...used to treat anxiety & depression. No, I'm not depressed, but I'm **** anxious when I go through these cycles! I don't want to be overly anxious or worried, so the Lexapro helps me to stay neutral for the most part. I want everything to go as perfectly as possible. I don't even get excited about having 4 injections a day and 2 of them are in the rear end (intramuscular)!! Most women have a couple of stomach (subcutaneous) injections with these nice little needles, but not me. They go maximum dosage of FSH drugs and all shots are in the muscles, so the nice long needles. I've had to do that for 3 out of 4 cycles because they didn't feel my ovaries reacted as expected to the meds.

Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Good luck, Rhonda! I hope this is it for you!
    Oh, me too! Thanks for the luck...I'm needing every wish/prayer I can get!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I am on my 4th (and last) Femara/Dexamethasone/IUI cycle. I went today for a follie check and I have a 14mm on the right, and a 16mm on the left. I go back Thurs for another check and hopefully an IUI this weekend!

Tomorrow I have a consult with the RE. DH and I are going to talk about what our options are if this cycle doesn't work. Probably either injectables/IUI or IVF. I personally would at least like to try a couple injectable cycles before moving on to IVF just because of the cost... but we will see what he has to say. I have a nice list of questions for him and I am not letting him out of the room til I have answers and a plan lol!

We have also talked about getting a second opinion if we aren't happy with what the current RE has to say. It's not like I've been unhappy with our plan to this point, but I guess I feel like I should be pg by now considering I've been seeing the RE for 8 months. I know two other people who saw this RE and one got pg the 1st cycle, the other got pg the 2nd cycle. So why is it taking so long for us???? Grrrrr

Sorry for the vent but just had to get it out there!!!
    Good luck this month

I went today for IUI all went well dh count was 14 mill and after the procedure they did u/s and I showed signs of ovulation.
    BriO they told me when I left today spotting would be normal

Smile

babiesWanted - $900/month for herbs... boy I am in the wrong field so what are you going to do? Our acupuncturist uses herbs I am sure they are not that much... I can ask if you want?

I know definately in th wrong field.. Boy this fertility stuff is a HUGE industry.. hmm
    So far I have googled untill I got to a pharmacy in China.. Yay google.. they are about 100 for a month supply.. not bad right.. there is one herb that is so expensive.. I am just going to buy the pill form and get the rest in a tea..
    nope not 900 a month CRAZY and no way..

Just wanted to share with you girls!!these are the herbs I need and this is what I got from the Chinese pharmacy..

Chai hu, 6---------------------------$13.46/kg, so it is $2.43 for 180g
    Cu chao xiang fu, 9---------------$5.19/kg, so it is $1.40 for 270g
    Zhi ke, 6-----------------------------$4.76/kg, so it is $0.86 for 180g
    Crush chao suan zao ren, 18------$31.99/kg, so it is $14.40 for 540g
    Zhi yuan zhi, 15---------------------$18.34/kg, so it is $8.25 for 450g
    Mi zhi huang qi, 30-----------------$5.59.kg, so it is $5.03 for 900g
    Bai zhu, 15---------------------------$17.60/kg, so it is $7.92 for 450g
    Hu lu ba, 15--------------------------$2.63/kg, so it is $1.18 for 450g
    Bu gu zhi, 12-------------------------$3.26/kg, so it is $1.18 for 360g
    Fu ling pi, 24--------------------------$1/kg, so it is $0.72 for 720g
    Ban xia, 9-----------------------------$23.66/kg, so it is $6.39 for 270g
    Zao jiao ci,9--------------------------$16.59/kg, so it is $4.48 for 270g
    Fu zi, 9--------------------------$12.92/kg, so it is $3.49 for 270g
    Rou gui, 6-----------------------------$4.78/kg, so it is $0.86 for 180g
    Sha yuan ji li, 15-----------------------my friend, do you spell it wrong? only have the herb sha yuan zi, or ji li. please confirm it. Thanks!
    Gan cao, 6---------------------------$16.05/kg, so it is $2.89 for 180g
    Dong chong xia cao, 6--------------$35.00/g, so it is $6300.00 for 180g, it is very expensive. Please confirm if you need it. Thanks!

6300 HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
    ya!
    My NYC herbal experience
    The one that is so costly I am getting in pill form F that..

Sandy

Boy, that is a lot of money for herbs.

I had 10 follies today that are 8 or above. They upped my follistim to 100 and I go back in Sat. for my b/w and u/s.

How are my cycle buddies doing?
    Last edited by srh38; 04-08-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Boy, that is a lot of money for herbs.

I had 10 follies today that are and 8 or above. They upped my follistim to 100 and I go back in Sat. for my b/w and u/s.

How are my cycle buddies doing?
    That is wonderful cycle buddy! Sounds like you got several good ones right on track. Now it's time to get those babies plumper for the picking!! I can't wait to hear as you progress. I won't have anything to share until Monday after my appointment. I will ask for a count of measurable follies at that visit. I hope the 15 at my initial visit are waking up so we have enough to work on before retrieval. Hopefully I will respond well to all the meds. I worry that the ganirelix will over suppress me, but it's only microdose, so I should be fine. Just have to get through the weekend and then we will find out how well this protocol is actually working.

Quote Originally Posted by BriO View Post
    6 DPIUI and I have had brownish CM everyday when I wipe. So weird. Yesterday day I had some slight cramping. Too early for AF, could it be implanting....I just don't know. I want to stay optimistic but not get overly hopeful. Up and down, emotional roller coaster every cycle. Blah, plus I am totally exhausted from traveling. You'd think with all these technology advances we would be able to find this stuff out right away, lol!
    I hope it is all related to implantation and you are on your way to a BFP!!! I'll be joining you in the 2ww on Saturday so we can go through the crazy roller coaster of emotions together!

Quote Originally Posted by jray View Post
    I went today for IUI all went well dh count was 14 mill and after the procedure they did u/s and I showed signs of ovulation.
    BriO they told me when I left today spotting would be normal
    Sounds great!!! Good luck to you!!!

Katie, I got pg on my 4th IUI and I am a lot older than you. I think it was my third cycle with injectables.

I go for another scan and b/w on Saturday. I will probably trigger that day and have my IUI Monday...but it will depend on how the scan and b/w goes.
    Good luck TripMomma. Hoping those three eggies continue to grow, and grow, and grow!!

Quote Originally Posted by BriO View Post
    6 DPIUI and I have had brownish CM everyday when I wipe. So weird. Yesterday day I had some slight cramping. Too early for AF, could it be implanting....I just don't know. You'd think with all these technology advances we would be able to find this stuff out right away, lol!
    It very well could be implantation. And 6dpiui is right around the time implantaion should occur. Sending positive vibes for a BFP.

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims