Page 512 of 593 FirstFirst ... 12412462502510511512513514522562 ... LastLast
Results 15,331 to 15,360 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

  1. #15331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    Good afternoon ladies! I had my hysteroscopy/polypectomy/gentle D&C this morning and all went well. I go back to doc on Wednesday for recheck and to discuss what the doc found and my future. Hopefully I will be able to start injects once AF arrives so I am going to try to jump back into this thread for now.
    I'm so happy to hear things went well this morning. Get plenty of rest. Praying for good news on Wednesday.

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  2. #15332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Thank you, Ktbelle. Please stalk me. So waht is up with you? I has been hard to keep track of everyone. I pray for you too! I honestly can't believe I MIGHT be back in the IVF room. I guess the hysteroscopy will tell. Have you had one of them??! I am a little scared. The Dye test was bad enough!
    I am on my 4th (and last) Femara/Dexamethasone/IUI cycle. I went today for a follie check and I have a 14mm on the right, and a 16mm on the left. I go back Thurs for another check and hopefully an IUI this weekend!

    Tomorrow I have a consult with the RE. DH and I are going to talk about what our options are if this cycle doesn't work. Probably either injectables/IUI or IVF. I personally would at least like to try a couple injectable cycles before moving on to IVF just because of the cost... but we will see what he has to say. I have a nice list of questions for him and I am not letting him out of the room til I have answers and a plan lol!

    We have also talked about getting a second opinion if we aren't happy with what the current RE has to say. It's not like I've been unhappy with our plan to this point, but I guess I feel like I should be pg by now considering I've been seeing the RE for 8 months. I know two other people who saw this RE and one got pg the 1st cycle, the other got pg the 2nd cycle. So why is it taking so long for us???? Grrrrr

    Sorry for the vent but just had to get it out there!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  3. #15333

    Default

    Oh, and mominw8ting, I have had a hysteroscopy and it was not bad at all. I even helped a friend move the next day (not lifting anything too heavy though)! I had no real pain, only very mild cramping and a little fatigue, and felt virtually normal within 24 hours. I'm sure you will do just fine!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  4. #15334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    Good afternoon ladies! I had my hysteroscopy/polypectomy/gentle D&C this morning and all went well. I go back to doc on Wednesday for recheck and to discuss what the doc found and my future. Hopefully I will be able to start injects once AF arrives so I am going to try to jump back into this thread for now.
    Glad to hear it went well!!! I hope you are in for this next cycle as well. Good luck with your follow up on Wed!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  5. #15335

    Default

    clarisseMarie - yes I think I got that feeling twice so far now. But I won't get ms I never get that. I hope you get your feelings back soon too.

    srh - glad everything looks good. Keep up the good work girl.

    HighHopesMama - it's ok not to post everyday girl... we are still very happy to have you here. Thanks for the good though. Wow you found the jack pot clinic... way to go I am glad they do 3 cause it seams to take 3 turns for everyone to get pg... I think this is great. Sorry about your baby. Sometimes an extra chromosome means they will die real soon right after birth so its better to mc if that will be the case. My little guy has an extra chromosome but he will be ok.

    purple - so you too you feel something way to go I hope you don't get too much morning sickness girl.

    babieswanted - you should definitly have pineaple and acupuncture is the key. Start now and get your body working until June and you will have healthier eggs and more of them plus your lining will be even better... It's going to work. The only time I get BFP now is if I do acupuncture... before that (2007-2009) both natural and IVF were BNF...

    morninw8thing - So sorry you had OHSS that must have been so hard. Again acupuncture would definitly be a great help specially if you have more then one month to get your body going.

    AFM - My u/s is tomorrow can't wait. I bet I have 3 in there
    And waiting for landlord to check our records for the house

    Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

  6. #15336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    Mayra, symptoms are good. Can't wait to hear about how many you have baking in there.

    I start taking follistim and repronex tomorrow!

    Happy Easter everyone! I am off to get ready for a date with my hubby.
    Hope your date & Easter were wonderful. So, how are you doing since you started stims? When do you have another u/s & b/w check? Is today (Tuesday) stim day 3 for you?

    Quote Originally Posted by babieswanted View Post
    I have been MIA.. I was doing IVF in Dec.. then I only had only 2eggs. I had an IUI. BFN
    Then I switched RE.. turns out my tubes were blocked so I wasted a year with my old RE.
    So I just did IVF got 6 eggs did not do ICSI 4 fertilized but 1 arrested transferred 3.. but BFN
    I am so depressed.. wt bleeeep
    What can I do different
    We are going to try again in June..
    I dont know what to do
    Should I have ate Pineapple
    To the gals that got a BFP did you do anything different
    Please help..
    I really need support.. I am driving everyone around me crazy. Got the witch and boy is she evil with clots ughhh and pain..

    Thanks
    Sandy
    Sandy, the road of infertility is very uncertain and emotional. We don't all get the same results and as quickly. Patience (which is the hardest part) is a must. The good thing is you have all of us gals in the same boat that you can vent to and get plenty of understanding!! Hang in there and good luck in June.

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Hello everyone! I have been in the IUI blog for a bit since my IVF failed in Nov, and my new RE opened up my blocked fallopian tube...

    Dh and I just met with him. He wants to do a hysteroscopy at the start of my next cycle.

    If all checks out ok, considering another IVF in May/early June.

    I can hardly believe I am back. My new RE wants to have me produce less eggs, but have them at a better qlty. (since I had OHSS) in November.

    I will keep you posted on my hysteroscopy results.

    Any advice for that?. Does it hurt? I guess I have been through it all.. with (5) IUIS,(1) IVF, clomid medicated cycles, a cath tuboplaty, hsg's..etc..

    but if you have any hysteroscopy advice, I would love it. I am also starting Metroformin tomorrow.

    Love to you all. ~ Mominw8ting.
    Kate, good to have you back sister! You have been through the ringer, but good is bound to come out of it all!


    Helene - Good luck on your ultrasound tomorrow!!! Can't wait to hear if you have multiples (or should I say...how many...).

    Mayra - How are you feeling? More symptoms?

    AFM- AF came midnight Saturday, so I did one last lupron on Saturday evening. Yesterday I started Ganirelix (1/2 dose) and 2 estrogen patches. Today was my stim day 1 appointment. I will get a call this afternoon once the b/w is reviewed. However, I will share that I am starting off with 7 follies on the left and 6 on the right!!! I'm very encouraged by these numbers! Maybe the Dhea did the trick! Now lets see if they can get them all to grow & mature!! If I'm lucky we might get 10 eggs retrieved this cycle. Please, please keep praying for us!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  7. #15337

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    AFM- AF came midnight Saturday, so I did one last lupron on Saturday evening. Yesterday I started Ganirelix (1/2 dose) and 2 estrogen patches. Today was my stim day 1 appointment. I will get a call this afternoon once the b/w is reviewed. However, I will share that I am starting off with 7 follies on the left and 6 on the right!!! I'm very encouraged by these numbers! Maybe the Dhea did the trick! Now lets see if they can get them all to grow & mature!! If I'm lucky we might get 10 eggs retrieved this cycle. Please, please keep praying for us!
    What WONDERFUL news, Rhonda!

    Hoping, wishing, and praying for a perfect cycle for you!!!

  8. #15338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    clarisseMarie - yes I think I got that feeling twice so far now. But I won't get ms I never get that. I hope you get your feelings back soon too.

    srh - glad everything looks good. Keep up the good work girl.

    HighHopesMama - it's ok not to post everyday girl... we are still very happy to have you here. Thanks for the good though. Wow you found the jack pot clinic... way to go I am glad they do 3 cause it seams to take 3 turns for everyone to get pg... I think this is great. Sorry about your baby. Sometimes an extra chromosome means they will die real soon right after birth so its better to mc if that will be the case. My little guy has an extra chromosome but he will be ok.

    purple - so you too you feel something way to go I hope you don't get too much morning sickness girl.

    babieswanted - you should definitly have pineaple and acupuncture is the key. Start now and get your body working until June and you will have healthier eggs and more of them plus your lining will be even better... It's going to work. The only time I get BFP now is if I do acupuncture... before that (2007-2009) both natural and IVF were BNF...

    morninw8thing - So sorry you had OHSS that must have been so hard. Again acupuncture would definitly be a great help specially if you have more then one month to get your body going.

    AFM - My u/s is tomorrow can't wait. I bet I have 3 in there
    And waiting for landlord to check our records for the house

    Helene
    Thank you! I am definitely looking into accupuncture. Do you go once a week? Also, did you go before your retrieval and / transfer? Thank you for the warm welcome.

  9. #15339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    Good afternoon ladies! I had my hysteroscopy/polypectomy/gentle D&C this morning and all went well. I go back to doc on Wednesday for recheck and to discuss what the doc found and my future. Hopefully I will be able to start injects once AF arrives so I am going to try to jump back into this thread for now.
    BEST OF LUCK!!!

  10. #15340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    Oh, and mominw8ting, I have had a hysteroscopy and it was not bad at all. I even helped a friend move the next day (not lifting anything too heavy though)! I had no real pain, only very mild cramping and a little fatigue, and felt virtually normal within 24 hours. I'm sure you will do just fine!!!
    Thank you! I know.. let it out. Vent to me all you want. here or by private message. On our wedding night we decided to start a family. This June will be (3) years trying.

    This roller coaster has brought me many good/bad/horrible/funny memories.

    I am still in shock about another (potential) ivf. I honestly wish there were (2) categories, Fertile or Infertile. But not me. I am stuck in "pregatory". Just plain stuck.

    Love to you and best of luck. The injectables are good cylces. They give you 5-6 ovulations. MIght just do the trick with you!

  11. #15341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Thank you! I am definitely looking into accupuncture. Do you go once a week? Also, did you go before your retrieval and / transfer? Thank you for the warm welcome.
    *********************

    I did accupuncture from Jan.. but I took a one week break and will get back on track. I am going to see a herbalist in NYC tomorrow. Hubby think I should take three months off not two..
    grrrrrr. I may listen to him this time.. Didnt last time..



    and WOW 13 follies to start thats awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #15342

    Default

    Rhonda - how wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear how many eggs you make!

    Helene - I'm anxious to hear about your ultrasound today. Good luck!! So exciting!

    Hello, to everyone else! Wow - so much going on in here!!

    AFM, I started my Vivelle patches on Friday, and today increased from .05 to a .1 dose. Still tkaing Lupron every morning - it's starting to feel routine, which is a good thing. And my baseline ultrasound and first E2 check is tomorrow! Hopefully everything will look the way it should.

  13. #15343

    Default

    Oh and my endometrial biopsy came back fine, so that's now crossed off the list.

  14. #15344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    Oh and my endometrial biopsy came back fine, so that's now crossed off the list.
    Good luck tomorrow!!


  15. #15345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by photogrl View Post
    What WONDERFUL news, Rhonda!

    Hoping, wishing, and praying for a perfect cycle for you!!!
    Thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by babieswanted View Post
    *********************
    I did accupuncture from Jan.. but I took a one week break and will get back on track. I am going to see a herbalist in NYC tomorrow. Hubby think I should take three months off not two..
    grrrrrr. I may listen to him this time.. Didnt last time..

    and WOW 13 follies to start thats awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Acupuncture is a definate plus! I'm pretty excited about having 13 follies today (especially at my age).

    Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    Rhonda - how wonderful!!! I can't wait to hear how many eggs you make!

    Helene - I'm anxious to hear about your ultrasound today. Good luck!! So exciting!

    Hello, to everyone else! Wow - so much going on in here!!

    AFM, I started my Vivelle patches on Friday, and today increased from .05 to a .1 dose. Still tkaing Lupron every morning - it's starting to feel routine, which is a good thing. And my baseline ultrasound and first E2 check is tomorrow! Hopefully everything will look the way it should.
    I can't wait to see how many we get either, but I'd be happy with 7-8. If we get more, that's fantastic!

    I started the Vivelle patches yesterday. Done with Lupron & converted to Ganirelix yesterday.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    Oh and my endometrial biopsy came back fine, so that's now crossed off the list.
    Woo hoo! You are on a roll...



    AFM - Got the call with a green light to start stims tonight. I start with 600iu gonal-f in one shot and my ganirelix tonight. Tomorrow I do 300iu in the morning & 300iu at night...and my injections are ll intramuscular so my butt will be so sore. On stim day 3 we lower the evening dose to 225 but keep the morning at 300. I also add 1 menopur on day 3. I don't go in for another follie check until Tuesday next week. Hopefully the week will fly by...
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  16. #15346

    Default

    Go Rhona Go!! May you have many eggs at retreival!! Yeah!!

  17. #15347

    Default appt today (x-posted in STC)

    Just got back from the RE consult. It was what I thought it would be... kind of.

    He basically laid out the options of injectables/IUI, or IVF. He gave us a sheet comparing the two, and comparing their costs, success rates, etc. He was very informative and helpful, and told us there was no reason not to go the injectable route first b/c we don't have any issues that would lead us straight to IVF. But he told us to go home and think about it, and decide what we wanted to do. Of course there is always the possibility that we will be successful this cycle and won't even need to think about it... but I still want to have a plan in place.

    So I ask, because I know that DH is concerned, why the IUI's haven't worked to this point, and I get the answer I expect... that the Dr. doesn't know. I had told DH that would be the answer he would probably give, but DH is mad b/c he thinks there should be a reason for it. I don't ovulate on my own, but the meds make me ovulate, and the IUI puts the sperm right by the egg, so why isn't it working? I am ok with the fact that we don't know, but he isn't. Now DH is talking about going and getting 2nd opinions from multiple other Drs to see what they think, and to compare the costs of IVF, in case we go that route. So I told him that all that would cost us a bunch of extra $$$ and probably wouldn't give us any additional answers. Now he just seems all p!$$ed off. Maybe if he had been willing to listen to me when I wanted to talk to him about all this, he wouldn't be so right now!!!

    The part that surprised me was the success rates of each of the treatments: injectables/IUI 18% per cycle, IVF 45% per cycle. I said isn't 18% around the same as what our chances are with the oral meds, and RE said no, those odds are around 8%. 8%!!! He did NOT tell me that at the beginning, and why is that so low!!! I guess I thought our odds of success would be higher with IUI, so now I don't know what to do.

    Do I go with the $2000 plan at 18% success rates, or the $11,000 plan with a 45% success rate? Or look for a new doctor, even though I do feel comfortable with the one I have, despite the fact that he has not yet gotten me pg? How long is the right amount of time to continue to see the same RE without getting pg?

    As always, your support and advice is much appreciated! Sorry for the long post!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  18. #15348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Thank you! I know.. let it out. Vent to me all you want. here or by private message. On our wedding night we decided to start a family. This June will be (3) years trying.

    This roller coaster has brought me many good/bad/horrible/funny memories.

    I am still in shock about another (potential) ivf. I honestly wish there were (2) categories, Fertile or Infertile. But not me. I am stuck in "pregatory". Just plain stuck.

    Love to you and best of luck. The injectables are good cylces. They give you 5-6 ovulations. MIght just do the trick with you!
    Thanks for all your support. I hope your next IVF goes MUCH better than the last one! 3 years must feel like forever... it's been 1 1/2 years for us and THAT feels like a long time!!!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)



  19. #15349

    Default

    Had labs drawn today. They left me a message on my phone to reduce the follistim to 75 from 125. Can anyone explain why this could be happening?


  20. #15350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    As always, your support and advice is much appreciated! Sorry for the long post!!!
    Please don't be sorry. Your post was informative. I didn't really know the success rate of each procedure other than what I've read on the net. Me and DH are kinda in the same situation. We jusr started our 3rd IUI/Clomid/Trigger cycle and I can't help but wonder why it hasn't worked for us. I've read that some women have gotten preggers after 8 IUI's. Maybe you should continue with the injectibles since RE didn't see any concerns that would send you straight to IVF. A 2nd opinion is always helpful and should at least help you and DH decide which direction to go.

    Sending you tons of baby dust......

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  21. #15351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    Had labs drawn today. They left me a message on my phone to reduce the follistim to 75 from 125. Can anyone explain why this could be happening?
    ***********

    Maybe your follies are growing too fast and they need to slow it down... which is good!! Just a guess.. but I know when they increase it is because follies are not growing fast or good enough..

  22. #15352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Hope your date & Easter were wonderful. So, how are you doing since you started stims? When do you have another u/s & b/w check? Is today (Tuesday) stim day 3 for you?
    Today is stim day 3 for me. I had b/w today but no u/s. I go back on Thursday for b/w.


  23. #15353

    Default

    Hi Ladies.. Just wanted to send you all positive thoughts and wishes!!!!`I'm on a forced break right now..but am thinking about you all!

  24. #15354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by babieswanted View Post
    So I just did IVF got 6 eggs did not do ICSI 4 fertilized but 1 arrested transferred 3.. but BFN
    I am so depressed.. wt bleeeep
    What can I do different
    We are going to try again in June..
    Thanks
    Sandy
    I know how frustrating all of this is, but I hope your next cycle is successful!

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    If all checks out ok, considering another IVF in May/early June.
    I can hardly believe I am back. My new RE wants to have me produce less eggs, but have them at a better qlty. (since I had OHSS) in November.
    I will keep you posted on my hysteroscopy results.
    Any advice for that?. Does it hurt? I guess I have been through it all.. with (5) IUIS,(1) IVF, clomid medicated cycles, a cath tuboplaty, hsg's..etc..
    but if you have any hysteroscopy advice, I would love it. I am also starting Metroformin tomorrow.
    Love to you all. ~ Mominw8ting.
    to the room. Do you have PCOS? I'm also on Metformin. What dose are you on? It's a tough medicine on the stomach at the beginning. I take 500mg 3x a day. My advice would be to make sure you eat enough at every meal and try to keep the carbs down. Good luck!

    Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    purple - so you too you feel something way to go I hope you don't get too much morning sickness girl.
    Helene
    Thank you. I've definietly been nauseous a few times a day.
    I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound! How many are in there?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    AFM- AF came midnight Saturday, so I did one last lupron on Saturday evening. Yesterday I started Ganirelix (1/2 dose) and 2 estrogen patches. Today was my stim day 1 appointment. I will get a call this afternoon once the b/w is reviewed. However, I will share that I am starting off with 7 follies on the left and 6 on the right!!!
    That sounds like a great start!!! I'm so excited for you!!! You are in my prayers.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    AFM, I started my Vivelle patches on Friday, and today increased from .05 to a .1 dose. Still tkaing Lupron every morning - it's starting to feel routine, which is a good thing. And my baseline ultrasound and first E2 check is tomorrow! Hopefully everything will look the way it should.
    Keep us posted on your ultrasound and bloodwork.

    Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    Had labs drawn today. They left me a message on my phone to reduce the follistim to 75 from 125. Can anyone explain why this could be happening?
    I had to do that too because my RE said that he wanted to slow things down a bit to get better quality. It really is an art. Then it was increased a bit. When is your ultrasound? I had one everyday when I was on Follistim/Menopur. I can't wait for your retrieval/transfer!!!
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

  25. #15355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post


    I had to do that too because my RE said that he wanted to slow things down a bit to get better quality. It really is an art. Then it was increased a bit. When is your ultrasound? I had one everyday when I was on Follistim/Menopur. I can't wait for your retrieval/transfer!!!
    I have no idea when I will have an u/s! I am very frustrated with the quality of communication with the IVF nurse. I only had blood drawn today because I noticed it on my sheet and called them. They did not schedule it last Friday when I went in for b/w and u/s. This does not inspire confidence. They said I will start having daily appts on the 11th.


  26. #15356

    Default

    I am one that got PG after many IUI's, it was on our 6th IUI when we got the triplets. We were on Clomid for the last 3 tries but only did an ultrasound and trigger for timing on the last time that worked. My first 5 IUI's were just going off my + OPKs and we were missing the egg. Now that we are trying again we jumped right back in with Clomid+ultrasound+trigger+IUI our first IUI didn't work, the 2nd attempt I didn't respond enough to the Clomid so we skipped the IUI. Now this cycle we jumped to injectables. I would give the injectables a shot, on your failed IUI's were you being monitored or just using OPKs? That makes a huge difference.
    Good luck!

    ~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

  27. #15357

    Default

    notstoppinme - wow 13 follies so far way to go I hope they all make it to maturity... we need all the help we can get ;) Way to go girl. So you got your green light to stims.. wow amazing... wow sounds like a very busy schedule girl... I am so exited for you lets hope everything will be fine.

    mominw8ting - I went twice a week and right after ET. I would have done before but I had to leave at 5am so too early. I didn't have ER only FET transfer with donated embryos

    clarisseMarie - Good luck at your u/s tomorrow I am sure everything will be great...

    srh - well I guess you are doing too good they probably don't want to hyper stimulate you ... sounds good to me.

    AFM - Ok it was the big count beanies day... well guess what everyone you will not believe it. I have.........................








    ...........................................















    ..........................







    Only ONE in there ... Can you believe that... My C-Section is going to be ok and I can even try to have a Vaginal birth again maybe... Oh I am so happy about that... I was so worried to have multiples and they would all die.

    I still can't believe that it took 6 embryos to have only ONE beanie... wow ... so I guess I might not have to share after all cause I wanted my one to have a sibling... oh how great it would be to have siblings and they would be together... I am so exited and happy. And my dh is so happy too he was so worried it was going to be 3 what a mess it would have been. So finally I am NOT mad at my IVF doctor anymore. I guess they do know what they are doing

    So the doctor today found out I had a c-section in December and so he will find me a high-risk OB. He wanted to know why my IVF clinic did that so early I told him they didn't know and so they want to tell them... I told them they didn't need to know what can they do anyways!!! Take my baby out come on... so anyways we shall see. Like I am 45 now and I still have 6 embies to get so I don't want to be 50 when I am done... I would like this one to be ok and hopefully next year have his sibling... and then I would be DONE... no more babies...

    Thanks everyone for all your support and help in this cycle it means a lot to me to have Non-Judgemental ladies to talk to.

    Oh btw my due date is Nov 10, I am 6w1d today

    Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

  28. #15358

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    I know how frustrating all of this is, but I hope your next cycle is successful!


    to the room. Do you have PCOS? I'm also on Metformin. What dose are you on? It's a tough medicine on the stomach at the beginning. I take 500mg 3x a day. My advice would be to make sure you eat enough at every meal and try to keep the carbs down. Good luck!


    Thank you. I've definietly been nauseous a few times a day.
    I can't wait to hear about your ultrasound! How many are in there?!?


    That sounds like a great start!!! I'm so excited for you!!! You are in my prayers.


    Keep us posted on your ultrasound and bloodwork.


    I had to do that too because my RE said that he wanted to slow things down a bit to get better quality. It really is an art. Then it was increased a bit. When is your ultrasound? I had one everyday when I was on Follistim/Menopur. I can't wait for your retrieval/transfer!!!
    Hi. I don't have PCOS. (no cysts and I ovulate) but my doc said my cycle mimics PCOS. He thought this might help regulate my late ovulating cycle.

    I actually dind't start Metroformin (Glucophage) till next week. We are on vacation this weekend, and I am on an antibiotic for a cold. I thought it would be too much meds in my system.

    I am starting on Sunday. The prescription is also for (3) x's per day. but he warned of tummy problems and said to take (1) an hour before dinner for (1) week, then 1) an hour before lunch & 1) an hour before dinner.. until I am gradually up to (3).

    Thank you for the advice.

  29. #15359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    Today is stim day 3 for me. I had b/w today but no u/s. I go back on Thursday for b/w.
    Good luck!

  30. #15360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    I have no idea when I will have an u/s! I am very frustrated with the quality of communication with the IVF nurse. I only had blood drawn today because I noticed it on my sheet and called them. They did not schedule it last Friday when I went in for b/w and u/s. This does not inspire confidence. They said I will start having daily appts on the 11th.
    That is so frustrating! Itís infuriating that they donít understand how important this is, and that communication is critical. Keep calling them until you get the answers you want. Donít worry though, you may not have confidence in the office staff, but just have confidence in God that this will work! Love ya!


    Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    I have.........................
    Only ONE in there ... Can you believe that... I still can't believe that it took 6 embryos to have only ONE beanie... wow ...
    Oh btw my due date is Nov 10, I am 6w1d today

    Helene
    Yay Helene!!! I have to admit that I was shocked. I just knew you had two or three in there! My Dr. said that in IVF, embryos like company, so it took that many to get one! But I have to say that I think itís a much better deal because multiples are so much more high-risk, and since weíre considered ďof mature ageĒ, we are already considered high-risk, so one is better. The heartbeat is awesome! Iím so happy for you. How are you feeling? Congratulations again!!


    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    I am starting on Sunday. The prescription is also for (3) x's per day. but he warned of tummy problems and said to take (1) an hour before dinner for (1) week, then 1) an hour before lunch & 1) an hour before dinner.. until I am gradually up to (3).
    Thank you for the advice.
    Thatís weird because my Dr. said to take with food. I have found that if I donít eat enough, it makes it worse. I usually eat about ĺ of my meal, then take the medicine and then finish my meal. I found that works best for me. Good luck!
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •