Page 504 of 593 FirstFirst ... 4404454494502503504505506514554 ... LastLast
Results 15,091 to 15,120 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Carri!!
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Helene - I'm sorry the job interview didn't work out!

nostoppingme - Great job on the weight loss!! And yay for 10 more days until Lupron! I don't have my protocol instructions yet, but I imagine they'll want me to start Lupron soon as well. I should know soon.

Carri - welcome!

AFM, my sonohysteroram went great! My uterus is free of polyps or fibroids which, of course, is a very good thing!

I will be stalking you as well Debra

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTR View Post
    Ok, I hope someone is on right now that can answer my question. I have to put my Prometrium in tonight, anyone have any advice? How far up there does it need to go? Will I feel it in there? Anyone??
    I must have missed this last night! I use endometrin which has an applicator, and the instructions said to put it about 2-3 inches in. I would imagine it would be the same for a suppository without an applicator. Hope it went smoothly!
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Quote Originally Posted by jray View Post
    Well I found a new RE that gave me a new plan with no hope. I will be starting another round of injectables, and planning for another IUI. This month he is changing me to Bravelle, and he is increasing the dose. I am waiting for day 1. Anyone ever taken Bravelle?
    Why do you say there is no hope??? I have not taken Bravelle but I hope it works for you!

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    Speaking of progesterone suppositories... I'll be on Endometrin. Does this mean that there can be no BDing during the 2ww?

It should be fine to BD as long as you do it before you put the suppository in. I'm on endometrin too and that is what we have done.

Quote Originally Posted by reinoncarri View Post
    Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been on in a long time. My blood work came back good. No autoimmune diseases or Thyroid issues. We have decided after the 5th unsuccessful IUI that we would like to take a leap into the IVF world! So we'll start the first phase of it at the end of this month with birth control. I promise I will check in from time to time and you can always find me in the IVF sisters. I'm hoping to graduate from that forum in a couple of months! I wish and pray for each of you that you will have your little babies soon!

With Love,

Carri
    with your 1st IVF cycle -- I hope it is the only one you have to do!!!

Starting progesterone capsules tomorrow night for the first time. They look like pills that you would take orally but they are to be inserted vaginally. I believe they are 200 mg each. Does anyone know if this will cause any side effects in the V-Jay?
    Happily married mother of 2 boys ages 5 and 1. [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    This is my 3rd Femara cycle but I have never done the follistim before. If it makes a difference for the eggs maybe I should ask my RE about it. I hope it works for you!!!
    As you may have seen in some of my posts. . . I have never had more than 2 follies (that I know of) haven't been monitored every cycle w/meds though. Anyway, w/the 3 days of follistim 75 (which is a very low dose) added to my 5 days of femara. I had 6 follies. I'm very afraid to know what 9-10 days of follistim alone would have done. Happy w/my outcome regarding the stimulation although as you can read in a previous post, not so happy about dh's count (which has never been a problem in the past.)

Wishing you all the best of Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    As you may have seen in some of my posts. . . I have never had more than 2 follies (that I know of) haven't been monitored every cycle w/meds though. Anyway, w/the 3 days of follistim 75 (which is a very low dose) added to my 5 days of femara. I had 6 follies. I'm very afraid to know what 9-10 days of follistim alone would have done. Happy w/my outcome regarding the stimulation although as you can read in a previous post, not so happy about dh's count (which has never been a problem in the past.)

Wishing you all the best of Luck!
    So here's what I'm wondering then. I have done 3 Femara cycles. The 1st two I had 2 follies but the 3rd one I had a bunch of follies on one side (like 6 on one side and 1 on the other). If I already produced that many follies, would the RE even suggest injectables as my next step, knowing that the injectables produce more follies? Or would he say that I shouldn't bother with IUI anymore and move to IVF (which we are NOT ready for)?

I will test on Saturday (13dpiui) but no beta til 3/25 if AF doesn't come by then. If this cycle is negative we go for a consult with RE to determine the next steps. I don't feel pg at all... not that I would know what that feels like anyway!!

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    So here's what I'm wondering then. I have done 3 Femara cycles. The 1st two I had 2 follies but the 3rd one I had a bunch of follies on one side (like 6 on one side and 1 on the other). If I already produced that many follies, would the RE even suggest injectables as my next step, knowing that the injectables produce more follies? Or would he say that I shouldn't bother with IUI anymore and move to IVF (which we are NOT ready for)?

I will test on Saturday (13dpiui) but no beta til 3/25 if AF doesn't come by then. If this cycle is negative we go for a consult with RE to determine the next steps. I don't feel pg at all... not that I would know what that feels like anyway!!
    Were the 7 follies you had last time all mature?? I was told that pairing the femara w/the tad bit of injectables would only help develop what the femara already produced which should reduce the higher risk of multiples that would come w/doing 7+ days of just injectables. But that doesn't really make sense b/c why would my max # before only be 2 and then jump to 6. . .seems like the follistim must of had something to do with that.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about this garbage anymore. GL during the rest of your wait. And for the record.. .when I conceived DS I didn't believe I was pg when they told me. . I didn't start feeling pg until about 2 weeks late for AF and then it hit FULL force.

My update: Xposted in stc-a

Went in for my iui this morning & dh's post wash count went from 150 million last month to 4.4 million (prewash 78mill)this month. They had to add some sort of solution to it as well b/c the motility was below 50%(38) & they brought it up to 57%.

He started a thyroid med 2 months ago & we asked the old RE if it would mess w/ his count & we were told NO..... He is borderline needing the med so his dr said he didn't have to take it but since we thought it wouldn't hurt then why not.

She said his semen was really thick as well & he had a lot of white cells. They are sending it off for testing & said he may have a uti.

She did act like the 4.4 mill were good but would they really be if she had to add a solution to them??!? They even said no intercourse tonight unless we use a condom. Also she said she knew that at least 4 of my 6 eggs were good & had released.

In addition, in the collection room there is a paper on the wall that lists meds men should not be on. It lists most of the ingredients in the thyroid med. I'm so pissed at that other re right now. As of this month we have started charging all of this to our home equity line of credit. Cannot afford to keep doing this. We owe about $2000 right now.
    I've never heard of adding a solution to the sperm before. My DH's count was only four million and they never mentioned a solution. The RE said while he would have loved to have seen a higher number and it was considered pretty low, he had seen many pregnancies come from a four million count.

And why the heck no intercourse!? We had IUI in the morning, then intercourse that night and the following morning.

They said what we did after the IUI was up to us but it could only help matters.

Hi Girls!

My name is Carri, my DH is Josh. We have been TTC for the past 8 years. We just completed our 5th unsuccessful IUI two weeks ago. And have finally decided to leap into the IVF world. I'll be starting B/C at the end of the month and hopefully have a little baby growing inside me in 2 months! This is our first time so please be patient with ignorant questions and incorrect lingo ;-)

I'll be visiting hopefully daily if I can and hope to get to know each of you and see you each graduate from the IVF forum ;-)
    welcome to the board, reinoncarri, I sure hope you get in and out of your first IVF with belly... We will be cheering you on.

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Hi Girls!

My name is Carri, my DH is Josh. We have been TTC for the past 8 years. We just completed our 5th unsuccessful IUI two weeks ago. And have finally decided to leap into the IVF world. I'll be starting B/C at the end of the month and hopefully have a little baby growing inside me in 2 months! This is our first time so please be patient with ignorant questions and incorrect lingo ;-)

I'll be visiting hopefully daily if I can and hope to get to know each of you and see you each graduate from the IVF forum ;-)
    Welcome! I am relatively new here myself and believe me the ladies are patient and available to answer any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post

AFM, my sonohysteroram went great! My uterus is free of polyps or fibroids which, of course, is a very good thing!
    Oh my job interview was for extra money so no problem. I will get another one.

I am so happy you are feeling better today girl. way to go for no more polyps and fibroids...

AFM - I read a post last night about someone getting a really fait positive on the HPT barely visible to the eye, so I though that when I test today I will look very carefully in case I might have missed a very faint line like her. So at 4am I tested and nothing...

I though Oh my God! This is bad... I wanted to help these little embies have a chance at life and I was not even able to help them. Then I though what about the 6 remainers... I can't go and get them next cycle and just have them die on me... I was so sad and lost.

So then I decided to look harder... I looked under the light and I think I saw a very very faint line!!! Then I looked again and still see it. I took a picture, let me know if you girl see it too?

Then I looked at the one I did yesterday that was in my office garbage (paper recycle) and I saw it too. Never saw it yesterday. Boy do we need good eyes. So anyways all of a sudden I got so exited I started shaking... and my heart started beating so hard... I never though I would feel this way about a FET cycle when the lo are not even mine... Like totally overwelmed.

Now I know I am NOT out of the woods, there the BETA, then the US, then the chance of MC and then maybe it will still be ok... but hey a line is a line and so I will continu testing everyday and see if it gets darker...

I will test with my kids when I know they will see the line. Oh and I am 8dp3dt for those who want to know!!

So that's my news for the say.

Helene
    Last edited by secaly; 03-18-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Quote Originally Posted by Janeen View Post
    And why the heck no intercourse!? We had IUI in the morning, then intercourse that night and the following morning.

They said what we did after the IUI was up to us but it could only help matters.
    Sorry to butt in but I am a little worried about this, the RE recommended DH & I DTD on Sunday after the IUI. But we didn't. We got home and I layed around for a little while and DH was out organizing the garage. He came in about 7 and said he wasn't feeling well. Well about 8 pm he was running to the b/r with vomiting & diah. He got that nasty virius that is going around. So needless to say we haven't DTD all week. Do you think this will hurt us even with the IUI on Sunday?
    Last edited by WinterTR; 03-18-2010 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTR View Post
    Sorry to butt in but I am a little worried about this, the RE recommended DH & I DTD on Sunday after the IUI. But we didn't. We got home and I layed around for a little while and DH was out organizing the garage. He came in about 7 and said he wasn't feeling well. Well about 8 pm he was running to the b/r with vomiting & diah. He got that nasty virius that is going around. So needless to say we haven't DTD all week. Do you think this will hurt us even with the IUI on Sunday?
    My feelings on it is that it won't "hurt" but it certainly could have helped.

Ya just never know I guess...but rest assured that the IUI got those spermies right where they need to be!

On a funny note, my husband has joked a few times that it wasn't the doctor inseminating me that got us pregnant, it was my husbands two shots after the insemination that did the trick. Yeah sure buddy, that must be why we were able to get pregnant on our own with just the fertility drugs, before we did the IUI cycle right?

My feelings on it is that it won't "hurt" but it certainly could have helped.

Ya just never know I guess...but rest assured that the IUI got those spermies right where they need to be!

On a funny note, my husband has joked a few times that it wasn't the doctor inseminating me that got us pregnant, it was my husbands two shots after the insemination that did the trick. Yeah sure buddy, that must be why we were able to get pregnant on our own with just the fertility drugs, before we did the IUI cycle right?
    I can always count on you to answer right away Janeen! I was thinking the same thing if DTD on our own hasn't worked in over a year then this past week wouldn't really make a difference either but I didn't tell DH that. His pride is already a little stung that we had to go the IUI route anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    Way to go girl. I am finally below 125 lbs today. 124.8 (not by much) but I would like to be just like 2 more pounds less before I know if it worked or not so I start eating properly again. I miss the juck boy... I have been careful since last August it's getting annoying
    Thanks I guess I just tell myself it's not going to work NOT to be desapointed but thanks for the babydust ...

At the interview I had to tell him I could not do what he wanted so I told my buddies to contact them hope they get a job.
    Well, now that you are PREGO you don't need to loose anymore pounds! Eat healthy to take care of the LO(s) in there.

Hi Girls!

Welcome Carri! So glad to have you join us. Please let us know more about your protocol and tentative dates for starting stimulation meds. Yay for starting BCP end of the month!!!

nostoppingme - Great job on the weight loss!! And yay for 10 more days until Lupron! I don't have my protocol instructions yet, but I imagine they'll want me to start Lupron soon as well. I should know soon.

Carri - welcome!

that is great!!! Smooth sailing from here!!

AFM - I read a post last night about someone getting a really fait positive on the HPT barely visible to the eye, so I though that when I test today I will look very carefully in case I might have missed a very faint line like her. So at 4am I tested and nothing...

I though Oh my God! This is bad... I wanted to help these little embies have a chance at life and I was not even able to help them. Then I though what about the 6 remainers... I can't go and get them next cycle and just have them die on me... I was so sad and lost.

So then I decided to look harder... I looked under the light and I think I saw a very very faint line!!! Then I looked again and still see it. I took a picture, let me know if you girl see it too?

Then I looked at the one I did yesterday that was in my office garbage (paper recycle) and I saw it too. Never saw it yesterday. Boy do we need good eyes. So anyways all of a sudden I got so exited I started shaking... and my heart started beating so hard... I never though I would feel this way about a FET cycle when the lo are not even mine... Like totally overwelmed.

Now I know I am NOT out of the woods, there the BETA, then the US, then the chance of MC and then maybe it will still be ok... but hey a line is a line and so I will continu testing everyday and see if it gets darker...

I will test with my kids when I know they will see the line. Oh and I am 8dp3dt for those who want to know!!

Helene
    I never doubted it for a minute with all those embroy's transferred!!! LOL

So glad you got your faint line! Now you can relax & enjoy the ride. Yes, you have beta, u/s and other things to get past before you feel comfortable that all is well, but you are definately prego lady! So happy for you

KUP on darker line HPT's & your beta!!! When is the beta anyway?
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Helene
    Congratulations Helene!

Helene - that is absolutely awesome! Congrats on that BFP!!!!! I can't wait to hear how many!

Btw, what does 8dp3dt mean?

AFM, the only things that could stop our cycle at this point is if there are any active cysts that show up in my baseline ultrasound, which they said isn't likely due to the BCP and Lupron (which I haven't started yet). I don't know what would happen if anything shows up on the endometrial biopsy. But hopefully nothing will! It does worry me a little because I know SO many people with endometriosis, so I keep thinking, what if I have it too??? It does make me feel a little better knowing I have already delivered a baby, and that my body did EVERYTHING right in my pregnancy. Our sweet baby just happened to get our recessive genes, which didn't allow her to survive. But knowing that my body can do it makes me a little less scared. But going through what we did, the fact that we were the statistic, makes me so scared that we could be a statistic again. I guess I'm a bit more pessimistic than I was before.

Helene - that is absolutely awesome! Congrats on that BFP!!!!! I can't wait to hear how many!

AFM, the only things that could stop our cycle at this point is if there are any active cysts that show up in my baseline ultrasound, which they said isn't likely due to the BCP and Lupron (which I haven't started yet). I don't know what would happen if anything shows up on the endometrial biopsy. But hopefully nothing will! It does worry me a little because I know SO many people with endometriosis, so I keep thinking, what if I have it too??? It does make me feel a little better knowing I have already delivered a baby, and that my body did EVERYTHING right in my pregnancy. Our sweet baby just happened to get our recessive genes, which didn't allow her to survive. But knowing that my body can do it makes me a little less scared. But going through what we did, the fact that we were the statistic, makes me so scared that we could be a statistic again. I guess I'm a bit more pessimistic than I was before.
    8 days past 3 day transfer

Good luck on the biopsy! I hope things continue to move in the right direction so that nothing stops you on this cycle! I know it's scary for you considering what you've been through, and it makes sense that you are less optimistic because of that. Hang in there.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Ya me too I can't wait until I know how many. When do we get to know that?? Thanks everyone for the congrats but I think the line is so light that it might disapear like some say right?

ya I think you are going to do great this time... it's nice to know we can carry hey!!

Helene
    Last edited by secaly; 03-18-2010 at 09:46 AM.

I've never heard of adding a solution to the sperm before. My DH's count was only four million and they never mentioned a solution. The RE said while he would have loved to have seen a higher number and it was considered pretty low, he had seen many pregnancies come from a four million count.

No intercourse b/c whatever type of infection that he possibly has something caused the high white cell count & could infect me. At this point though we think it is the medication that caused the low count, but still waiting for results.
    Last edited by bmelissa; 03-18-2010 at 03:06 PM.

Were the 7 follies you had last time all mature?? I was told that pairing the femara w/the tad bit of injectables would only help develop what the femara already produced which should reduce the higher risk of multiples that would come w/doing 7+ days of just injectables. But that doesn't really make sense b/c why would my max # before only be 2 and then jump to 6. . .seems like the follistim must of had something to do with that.

Hopefully we won't have to worry about this garbage anymore. GL during the rest of your wait. And for the record.. .when I conceived DS I didn't believe I was pg when they told me. . I didn't start feeling pg until about 2 weeks late for AF and then it hit FULL force.
    Well I will ask about it next cycle just to see what RE thinks! Good luck during your wait too... I hope it goes quickly for you! (well as quick as the 2ww can go lol)

Stacie: Yay for getting your medication tomorrow! One step closer and I canít wait for you to go through this. Well, not the pain part of it, just the result part.

Rhonda: Thank you for the encouragement. Youíre the best! Iím so hopeful and happy that we have the opportunity to going through this again. Our insurance doesnít cover it and I was thinking today that there are many women out there in my situation, yet they do not have the means to pay for such an expensive procedure. Don't get me wrong, we had to save our butts off, but here we are. Anyway, 10 more days for you, I canít wait!!!!

Carri: Welcome! I hope your stay is short and that you get your BFP the first try!

Helene: Congratulations!! That is awesome. A faint line is still a ! Iím really happy for you. Youíll know how many you have at your first ultrasound. My RE does them at 6 weeks, but Iíve read that other Dr.ís are different. Good luck!

Heather: Nothing is going to stop your cycle. Youíre right; your body will know what to do.

AFM: I had my transfer yesterday! I felt nervous, but tried to remain calm. Itís a fine line between getting too excited (after weíve been through), and feeling pessimistic. We didnít know how many of the 20 embryos we had left until we got there. Well, believe it or not, we had 20 left!! I couldnít believe it. It was so much better than last time. Not that that guarantees anything, but it helps our chances. Our Dr. believed we should transfer 4 - 8 cell embryos and then do selective reduction if we have more than one implant. I still canít completely wrap my mind around that, but I really want this to work and agreed because it gives me better odds. I also feel better knowing that we have 16 frozen ones, because we didnít have any frozen ones last time. Iím putting it in Godís hands and will have to accept whatever God decides. Iíve been in bed since we got back from the Dr. and DH has been doing absolutely everything. I plan on staying in bed all weekend and go back to work on Monday. Please say a prayer for us.
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

So 6 weeks so when would that be if my transfer was March 10 and they were 3 days embies? My o was March 7?

thanks ladies, I told my dh I though I saw a line last night and he demanded to see it so I showed him and he say "Yap I see a line, you are pregnant!!! Congratulations"

Helene

Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    Stacie: Yay for getting your medication tomorrow! One step closer and I canít wait for you to go through this. Well, not the pain part of it, just the result part.

AFM: I had my transfer yesterday! I felt nervous, but tried to remain calm. Itís a fine line between getting too excited (after weíve been through), and feeling pessimistic. We didnít know how many of the 20 embryos we had left until we got there. Well, believe it or not, we had 20 left!! I couldnít believe it. It was so much better than last time. Not that that guarantees anything, but it helps our chances. Our Dr. believed we should transfer 4 - 8 cell embryos and then do selective reduction if we have more than one implant. I still canít completely wrap my mind around that, but I really want this to work and agreed because it gives me better odds. I also feel better knowing that we have 16 frozen ones, because we didnít have any frozen ones last time. Iím putting it in Godís hands and will have to accept whatever God decides. Iíve been in bed since we got back from the Dr. and DH has been doing absolutely everything. I plan on staying in bed all weekend and go back to work on Monday. Please say a prayer for us.
    Mayra, I can't believe you have 20! This is such great news. I am impressed your RE will put in 4, mine will only put in 3. Sounds like your odds are really good and you know I am praying for you!!

Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    Rhonda: Thank you for the encouragement. Youíre the best! Iím so hopeful and happy that we have the opportunity to going through this again. Our insurance doesnít cover it and I was thinking today that there are many women out there in my situation, yet they do not have the means to pay for such an expensive procedure. Don't get me wrong, we had to save our butts off, but here we are. Anyway, 10 more days for you, I canít wait!!!!

I am even MORE thrilled for you now!!! OMG! OMG! OMG! You have had an exceptional cycle and that is totally awesome. I think you will definately get pregnant from these embryo's considering the number transferred and the huge number frozen! You really make the 35+ group proud. You are one fertile woman and your RE sounds very reasonable. Stay off your feet so those embabies can get plugged in and KUP on how you feel during the 2ww.

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    Mayra, I can't believe you have 20! This is such great news. I am impressed your RE will put in 4, mine will only put in 3. Sounds like your odds are really good and you know I am praying for you!!
    Why would your RE limit you when you are 40 and they know how much slimmer the chance is a 40+ will get a positive result due to concern for quality of eggs. Don't get me wrong, 3 is a great number to transfer, but many will allow 4 for our age group. I guess me & Mayra are fortunate to have more flexible RE's that also do not promote multiple pregnancies, but they are very aware of the odds of success for our age group so they are more aggressive. Well, I pray between the 3 of us we get some favorable results this cycle to help the stats for AMA ladies & offer inspiration to women in our situations!

So 6 weeks so when would that be if my transfer was March 10 and they were 3 days embies? My o was March 7?

thanks ladies, I told my dh I though I saw a line last night and he demanded to see it so I showed him and he say "Yap I see a line, you are pregnant!!! Congratulations"

Helene
    So happy for you & DH. Feel free to share HPT results daily as they darken. We will all send you lots of congrats every day to make it that much more special!

Ok will do I though it was getting anoying for everyone ;) Thanks

Helene