Page 499 of 593 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549 ... LastLast
Results 14,941 to 14,970 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

My FET is tentatively scheduled for FET (still haven't heard back on the thyroid issue). I haven't gotten my protocol yet though! I did start BCPs with this last cycle. I have a sono hysterogram on 3/17 and an endometrial biopsy on 4/7.

I'm a little confused as to how this is going to all work out, though the clinic has assured me it will. I am CD 14 with my BCPs today, so I'm not sure when they will manipulate my body to start a new cycle - I am guessing 4/19 would need to be around CD 14 for me? I also don't know when I'll start Lupron or progesterone.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Oh wow, sounds like we are almost in the same boat. I was fortunate to have an inside contact who I talked to in advance and her supervisor facilitates the adoption seminars and manages the program. She said she could answer any questions or concerns BEFORE we move forward with an application & home study. Kind of our sneak peak into the program and an opportunity to openly discuss our lives (past & current) and try to 'pre-qualify' so to speak. Hopefully they can find us a match. Jade (DD) would love to be a big sister and we are fine with toddler or young child. We hope to get a 3-5 year old, but we are open to a sibling group as long as no child is older than 9. I think the older they are (in the system), the greater the chance for behavioral or emotional instability. We don't expect to find an infant, but we are obviously open to this as well. We do know we don't want a long process and the expenses (international adoption, private adoption). In our state, they consider biracial kids to be 'special needs' which seems absurd to me. I was raised in a military family and it's common to see biracial families. My parents are both from Connecticut and they married very early (16 & 19) before my dad went in the Army. It just worked out that we were easily accepted in the military. In the South you still have a good bit of prejudicy and it's just so outdated and silly. Well, I think I got off the subject a bit.

As much as we want IVF to work, we know our chances are not great and we are prepared for plan B. Before doing donor eggs, we thought adoption was a better fit.
    Sounds awesome. Well I don't think I have much chance with the system so we shall see. They wrote saying that they are now checking with children's agencies to see if I have a report... funny cause it's with them that I have a report They would not have to search far and I even told them I applied before go figure?
    Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post
    I went in and got my beta today. I didnt want to continue meds till friday in vain when I know the inevitable! And with the very slight possibilty there would still be a chance, I didnt want to just stop them on my own without knowing for 100% sure. I did stop them myself last cycle, but I had no symptoms at all, this time, I really have had lots of symptoms and cant believe I didnt get my BFP. So I wanted the official confirmation.

Thanks for letting me vent and freak out ladies. This board is really my only help with this journey
    Oh poor thing. So it was 0? I am so sorry dear. Can't believe how difficult those things are... you have the right to be upset and mad... go get them girl!!

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Helene- Good luck tomorrow with the FET!!!!
    Thanks so much dear how is how it went:

I left this morning at 4:30AM to go to my clinic in Syracuse, they didn't call so I figured some of them made it. So I got there at 7:30 and waited until 9am reading my DS book. Finally they call me in to put my gound on so I figured that again some of them made it. So I am all set in the chair and the lady comes back and says the doctor will be right in... so I asked how many made it and she said the doctor will come and talk to me. I am thinking what is going on.

So he comes in and said he thawed the first 3 and only one was good. So he said he had to thaw the next vile of 3 and those ALL made it. So he said you now have one good from the first 3 and one not so good (2) and then you have the other 3 good ones so you have 5 (4 good and 1 bad) he asked how many I wanted to put in...

Well of course I said ALL of them. I am not going to let any of them die... So that's what we did and he totally agreed with me. So I got 5 bbs inside trying out for life

So I got back home at 1pm went to acupuncture and ate pineapple all day... And just came back to celebrate with my kids. They each picked one embryo and gave it a name...

So now is the 2ww wait and I am not too stressed cause I know I still have 6 left waiting for me if it doesn't work. They said my BETA was on March 22... so not bad at all.

My clinic didn't call me yesterday so this is assuming that my progesterone leves were good. But just to be sure I called to see what they were to see if I calculated my O (ovulation) properly, meaning if I actually O or not

So they said that my Progesterone levels were at 13... that's good they said they wanted them at at least 10 Yahoo!!

What do you think my chances are

Helene

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    RE's office just called. Still don't know protocol but they told me to start taking bcp tonight and DH and I have to start taking antibiotics tomorrow. So glad we are finally starting!
    Way to go girl...

Helene

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    At this point I am dying to hear my protocol too! I hope we are cycle buddies and we tip scale our way.

The RE's office is recommending I get a cystic fibrosis test done. Did anyone else get this done? It costs $450.00 so I am wondering how necessary it is.
    Oh my God that is a killer

What is it for?

Helene

Still waiting to hear but I took another test this am and it was BFN. Also, I started to spot last night. Im better today and ready to start searching for a new RE. We will obviously not be ready to cycle again this month so it will be fun to try naturally
    That's positive thinking girl ... way to go for good spirith... best way to conceive...

Good luck with your Beta though... not giving up yet.

Helene

Just got the official word from my nurse BFN Im gonna have a few (or ten) adult beverages tonight!
    Oh my... yes you were ready for it hey! Well mine is March 22 and at my IVF we put in 4 and it was BFN so I am not holding my breath.. the NATURAL cycle is what is different this time so I am sure I have more chances unless my body rejects my embies cause they are not my DNA

Helene

Facts:
    1st IVF Sept 08: 8 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 4 transferred (42 years old)
    2nd IVF May 09: 8 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, 3 transferred (42 years old)
    3rd IVF Oct 09: 4 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized, 2 transferred (43 years old)

What's YOUR prediction for Cycle 4 (it's ok to be honest):
    How many eggs will be retrieved? 8
    How many eggs will fertilize? 5
    How many embryo's will transfer? 4
    Will cycle be cancelled? NOPE
    Will beta be positive? YES

My prediction: 6 retrieved, 4 fertilize, 3 transfer, + beta

Hey, I'm being crazy optimistic this cycle (and I have to be considering my history). RE is very cautiously hopeful, however, her initial evaluation was that we will continue to see the decline since simply because of my age (43). Trying to prove to her that the last protocol was just wrong for me and with the right protocol & IVIG we can get a BFP! Sure hope I'm right.
    My numbers are above. And if you do acupuncture your chances are double... I would do it too before you start it I were you. They say it really helps if you do it 3 months prior to cycling.

good luck girl and keepus posted.

Helene

I sure hope persistency and faith will result in a miracle at some point in this journey. One thing I know is that I have picked myself up every time we don't succeed and together we continue to take the courageous steps forward.

I am so thankful for my husband and his awesome support. He is not pushy, he is not pessimistic, he is not insensitive. He is a good ear when I have a bad day, he is sensitive and brave enough to ask me how I feel every step of the way, he is my rock when I feel weak and unable to move forward, he is my partner when I lack faith and need a reminder of what we have to be thankful for. He is my best friend and my partner for life.

My IVF sisters are my support group when I doubt myself and loose my vision, they are my inspiration to continue to strive for my dreams, they are my allies when I feel it's not fair that I have to take this difficult journey and they understand every part of this process like NO OTHER could. I love you all.
    That's the spirith... way to go...

Helene

My RE will transfer up to 5 embryo's on 42+ patients. I would be so lucky to have that many fertilized eggs in the end to transfer. I'm not saying it's impossible, but not very likely. It would increase my chances from 8% (1 embryo) to about 40% though! Who knows, maybe this is the magic cycle with the golden egg (or two). Do tell!!! Maybe I start going twice a week for acupuncture instead of once a week. I could use all the stimulation possible.
    That is a win win situation 5 embies + acupuncture... I did it twice a week this whole cycle so my chances are uptimized for sure and my progesterone is 13 that's another plus and I was lucky enough like you that at my age 45 they did put all 5. Thank God.

Fight babies fight to live...

helene

Wow, it's been super quiet in this thread over the past several days. How's everyone doing? Any 2wwers out there? Anyone with upcoming ER/ET/FET?

It would be great to know who is cycling now or about to start a cycle in April. Could those ladies list their tentative dates and their protocol, if they know it?

I'm still on BCP, so nothing happens until end of month.
    A/ACP with Estrogen Priming
    3/5 BCP
    3/27 Lupron
    3/31 Last BCP
    Stop Lupron when AF arrives
    4/5 Start .125mg antagonist & Vivell patches (estrogen priming)
    4/6 Stim Day 1 (u/s & b/w), start FSH meds
    Nice protocole ... way to go.

I am in my 2WW officially since yesterday... so put me down for it if you want

Helene

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    My FET is tentatively scheduled for FET (still haven't heard back on the thyroid issue). I haven't gotten my protocol yet though! I did start BCPs with this last cycle. I have a sono hysterogram on 3/17 and an endometrial biopsy on 4/7.

I'm a little confused as to how this is going to all work out, though the clinic has assured me it will. I am CD 14 with my BCPs today, so I'm not sure when they will manipulate my body to start a new cycle - I am guessing 4/19 would need to be around CD 14 for me? I also don't know when I'll start Lupron or progesterone.
    Sounds to me like they will wait for the next cycle if you are CD14 unless your cycles are as long as mine (45 days). That's what they did with me. Good luck with it... it's so exiting.

Helene

Sorry for responding all at once I was away yesterday.

What do you think my chances are and if you think good how many do you think will implant?

Helene

Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Helene - I didn't realize you adopted embryos too - that is what we are doing too. I will only get 2 for my FET though. They always transfer 2.

Good luck to you!! I will be anxiously watching you! And I hate making predictions so I'll stay out of that one. ;)

As to my cycle, they are planning to do it my next cycle. As I mentioned, my endometrial biopsy is 4/6 and the specifically requested that to be done on 4/5 or 4/6. I think I'll start all the meds after that. I just don't know when, and I guess they'll have to manipulate my cycle somehow b/c AF will be here on 3/25.

Helene - I didn't realize you adopted embryos too - that is what we are doing too. I will only get 2 for my FET though. They always transfer 2.

Good luck to you!! I will be anxiously watching you! And I hate making predictions so I'll stay out of that one. ;)

As to my cycle, they are planning to do it my next cycle. As I mentioned, my endometrial biopsy is 4/6 and the specifically requested that to be done on 4/5 or 4/6. I think I'll start all the meds after that. I just don't know when, and I guess they'll have to manipulate my cycle somehow b/c AF will be here on 3/25.
    That's great so you are doing a FET transfer next cycle? Great! I was just going to get the one good and one bad for this transfer but they though I wanted to transfer 3 so they thawed the next 3 without asking me and I really didn't want to cause them anymore hardships so... we shall see .

Helene

Well sounds like you have your plate full with things going on leading up to the FET! As for your FET protocol, sounds like you're gonna have to start asking some questions so you know what to expect.

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    Sounds awesome. Well I don't think I have much chance with the system so we shall see. They wrote saying that they are now checking with children's agencies to see if I have a report... funny cause it's with them that I have a report They would not have to search far and I even told them I applied before go figure?
    Helene
    Well, maybe they will not think much of the report! It might not matter if you get your BFP from the FET you just had this week !

Thanks so much dear here is how it went:

I left this morning at 4:30AM to go to my clinic in Syracuse, they didn't call so I figured some of them made it. So I got there at 7:30 and waited until 9am reading my DS book. Finally they call me in to put my gown on so I figured that again some of them made it. So I am all set in the chair and the lady comes back and says the doctor will be right in... so I asked how many made it and she said the doctor will come and talk to me. I am thinking what is going on.

So he comes in and said he thawed the first 3 and only one was good. So he said he had to thaw the next vile of 3 and those ALL made it. So he said you now have one good from the first 3 and one not so good (2) and then you have the other 3 good ones so you have 5 (4 good and 1 bad) he asked how many I wanted to put in...

Well of course I said ALL of them. I am not going to let any of them die... So that's what we did and he totally agreed with me. So I got 5 bbs inside trying out for life

So I got back home at 1pm went to acupuncture and ate pineapple all day... And just came back to celebrate with my kids. They each picked one embryo and gave it a name...

So now is the 2ww wait and I am not too stressed cause I know I still have 6 left waiting for me if it doesn't work. They said my BETA was on March 22...so not bad at all.

My clinic didn't call me yesterday so this is assuming that my progesterone levels were good. But just to be sure I called to see what they were to see if I calculated my O (ovulation) properly, meaning if I actually O or not

So they said that my Progesterone levels were at 13... that's good they said they wanted them at at least 10 Yahoo!!

What do you think my chances are

Helene
    This was a natural cycle FET right? Sounds like you have an EXCELLENT chance to get a BFP with 5 transferred embryo's and considering your progesterone levels were so great. I think you should just kick back and keep naming those babies! You may just end up with multiples this time!

Oh my... yes you were ready for it hey! Well mine is March 22 and at my IVF we put in 4 and it was BFN so I am not holding my breath.. the NATURAL cycle is what is different this time so I am sure I have more chances unless my body rejects my embies cause they are not my DNA

Helene
    In 11 more days you will know..that's not even a full two week wait, and it that date will be here before you know it. I think your chances are much better having done a natural cycle! Oh, I'm praying for you to get this BFP!!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

My numbers are above. And if you do acupuncture your chances are double... I would do it too before you start it I were you. They say it really helps if you do it 3 months prior to cycling.

good luck girl and keepus posted.

Helene
    I've been doing acupuncture weekly since January (took December off). I will start going twice a week starting next week. Did you use an acupuncturist that specializes in fertility? The one I use does chiro, acupuncture & massage therapy. He's the real deal from China. He is my favorite doc and I use him to manage stress mostly and keep my neck aligned (my arthritis gives me hell when the weather changes). When I start BCP before my IVF is when I normally start to request the acupuncture to be specific for blood flow to the ovaries & I switch to a different acupuncturist 2 weeks before ER. The one I use for my transfer is the guy that does my acupuncture during the entire stimulation period. I will go to him starting last week of this month. He uses a few different acu points than my regular guy. I also go after the transfer to help with implantation.

By the way, I like your predictions! They match my first IVF when I was a year and a half younger!!

That is a win win situation 5 embies + acupuncture... I did it twice a week this whole cycle so my chances are uptimized for sure and my progesterone is 13 that's another plus and I was lucky enough like you that at my age 45 they did put all 5. Thank God.

Fight babies fight to live...

helene
    I am so pulling for you Helene!!

Nice protocol...way to go.

I am in my 2WW officially since yesterday... so put me down for it if you want

Helene
    3/22 is your BIG DAY!!! Can't wait.

Sorry for responding all at once I was away yesterday.

What do you think my chances are and if you think good how many do you think will implant?

Helene
    You will get a BFP and you will have 2 implant...maybe 3! LOL

You must be under age 35 if they only transfer 2. I can't wait to hear that all goes well on 4/5 or 4/6 and things start moving quickly following that for your FET. So exciting!!!
    Last edited by nostoppingme; 03-11-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

You must be under age 35 if they only transfer 2. I can't wait to hear that all goes well on 4/5 or 4/6 and things start moving quickly following that for your FET. So exciting!!!
    Yep - I'm 28. And I'm so new to all of this - it can get overwhelming quickly!

So acupuncture, eh? It sounds like I should check into that!

Believe me, we have all been overwhelmed at some point in our early days of ART procedures! Acupuncture seems to be highly recommended by many RE's. I would definately look into it as it can't hurt your chances unless you don't tell them upfront what you are having done. It is best to use an acupuncturist who treats infertility. There are acupuncture points that would have an adverse effect on your fertility if your person does not specialize and makes assumptions. Most women look for referrals from their clinic so they know it is a trusted specialist. Good luck finding one. I find acupuncture so relaxing, but I have two very good clincs that I use & have complete confidence in their expertise.

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTR View Post
    Sounds like everyone is doing good here! I see lots of BFP's in our future!
    I had another ultrasound this morning, I have 3 good follies a 17 & 2-16's! Waiting on nurse to call back with Blood level and IUI Friday or Saturday.
    I had 2- 16's and an 18 when I got the triplets...good luck!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)
    Trying to complete our family...My Ovulation Chart for my LAST try !

Right here on APA there is information on Acupuncture and Chiropractic care under Infertility. Here is the link to the page on acupuncture:

http://americanpregnancy.org/inferti...cupuncture.htm

Hope it helps!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    Will try and catch up soon been out of town.

We went out of town last Wednesday the day of my appt with new RE. My dh's granny passed away.

Here is the update.(X posted)
    1. Was told I had a retroverted uterus (tilted backwards). It may or may not affect my fertility but could explain a lot of the lower back pain that I always have.

2. We are doing another round of femara, this time cds 4-8.

3. Three days of follistim injections starting the day after I finish the femara.

4. Not one ovidrel injection but two. They said that 2 ovidrel shots were equivalent to 1 Novarel injection. My old RE only prescribed 1 and apparently a lot women have progesterone issues w/only 1 ovidrel shot.

5. Gonna try progesterone supplements this time even though I haven't had any progesterone issues that we know of.

Going in next Monday for a follie check with 3rd iui shortly thereafter.
    So sorry to hear about your loss.

On the positive side, it sounds like a lot of good changes to your protocol! I did 1 ovidrel and 1/4 novarel last cycle. This cycle I did 1 novarel - 1/2 the price of ovidrel! I started progesterone suppositories this cycle too... sounds like our protocols are pretty similar. I hope these changes bring you a BFP!!!
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    At my follie check today my lining is at a 7 which he said is fine, the noteworthy follies are 17, 14 and 11.
    I told him I didn't want to do an IUI this cycle if I only had 1 good follie, so he said if we want to be more aggressive we can do another ultrasound Friday to look at them one last time, if we are happy trigger that day for a Sunday IUI. He did say to keep doing my OPK's because if my body surges on it's own we can't wait anymore so it will be a do the IUI or skip it and try again next month.
    Lots of growing vibes to you -- I hope those follies look perfect tomorrow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGRITS View Post
    We had our second ultrasound on Monday. Baby was measuring at 7 weeks which was only a couple of days off if they base it off the IUI and not the LMP. We heart a healthy heartbeat of 136. The RE said everything looks perfect so far and that I could go see my OB at this point if I wanted to but that they would see me until 9 weeks if I was comfortable that way. I went ahead and made another u/s appt with my OB at the 9 week mark.
    Great news!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bmelissa View Post
    Has anyone done femara paired with follistim?? I'm just curious the difference it makes in the number of follies? I was told that w/just the femara/clomid not all good sized follies have a mature egg inside even though they measure good and the follistim gives the eggs a bit of a boost. I will be on follistim 75 for 3 days following the femara.
    This is my 3rd Femara cycle but I have never done the follistim before. If it makes a difference for the eggs maybe I should ask my RE about it. I hope it works for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTR View Post
    Sounds like everyone is doing good here! I see lots of BFP's in our future!
    I had another ultrasound this morning, I have 3 good follies a 17 & 2-16's! Waiting on nurse to call back with Blood level and IUI Friday or Saturday.

This was a natural cycle FET right? Sounds like you have an EXCELLENT chance to get a BFP with 5 transferred embryo's and considering your progesterone levels were so great. I think you should just kick back and keep naming those babies! You may just end up with multiples this time!

In 11 more days you will know..that's not even a full two week wait, and it that date will be here before you know it. I think your chances are much better having done a natural cycle! Oh, I'm praying for you to get this BFP!!!
    Thanks a lot. I also agree. All the pills and injections from my IVF really didn't do it. I am hoping my body is fooled by those adopted embies and it treats them as mine

My husband said if I am pg with 3 I will have to get another job

And yes it's great that my clinic test so early the wait is not as long. I might test next friday??

Helene

I've been doing acupuncture weekly since January (took December off). I will start going twice a week starting next week. Did you use an acupuncturist that specializes in fertility? The one I use does chiro, acupuncture & massage therapy. He's the real deal from China. He is my favorite doc and I use him to manage stress mostly and keep my neck aligned (my arthritis gives me hell when the weather changes). When I start BCP before my IVF is when I normally start to request the acupuncture to be specific for blood flow to the ovaries & I switch to a different acupuncturist 2 weeks before ER. The one I use for my transfer is the guy that does my acupuncture during the entire stimulation period. I will go to him starting last week of this month. He uses a few different acu points than my regular guy. I also go after the transfer to help with implantation.

By the way, I like your predictions! They match my first IVF when I was a year and a half younger!!

I am so pulling for you Helene!!

3/22 is your BIG DAY!!! Can't wait.

You will get a BFP and you will have 2 implant...maybe 3! LOL
    Thanks for all your encouragements. I also like your predictuon... twins would be great.

Helene