Page 193 of 593 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    Hey ladies,
    I am new to this IUI stuff, we will be starting our first round of IUI next week, i know i will start the clomid again, but can you tell me what else is involved. I know some of the basic things, but will i be taking any other drugs besides the clomid? Any and all help will be appreciated, i am nervous, but excited that this will work.
    It's different for everyone...depends on what your issues are. I'm actually doing my first IUI with injectables, as we have low sperm count issues and are trying to create more "targets" for the few sperm that we have. I'll also be triggering with an Ovidrel injection when it gets closer. I should be starting my cycle early next week, so I can share more then!

Quote Originally Posted by mmttc1 View Post
    Well, I couldn't wait for the blood test. I took 3 more tests, including a digital on Monday afternoon and all were positive!!! Had my blood test yesterday morning and just got the call today with the results. Beta was 82.
    I go back tomorrow for a second beta and then in two weeks for an ultrasound.

I'm excited and hoping it sticks.

Apparently IUI's do sometimes work the first time.

Anyone else test this week?
    Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!! I hope that some of this positive energy spreads to the rest of us! Sending good doubling thoughts for the beta!
    STC since June 2007
    IUI #1: IUI Cycle #2 IUI Cycle #3:
    Officially a waiting adoptive family as of 2/25/10

shouston26 - I think you are being wise taking your time to heal and regroup. I'm glad that you aren't giving up and are going to try again.

Xevy - on your U/S. Sorry that it was pushed back to the 16th.

Nevaeh's Mommy - Sending sticky vibes your way!

nostoppingme - for your ER tomorrow. KUP!

I went in for US/BW this morning and they are thinking of moving up my ER one day. I have to go in tomorrow morning for another US, but they said that they are thinking I will do the trigger shot tomorrow night with the ER on Monday. I am excited, but a little nervous, too! I'll try to post after my appt. tomorrow to update.

to everyone!

Default second round of clomid

is worse then the first. Ughhhhhh. I am on cycle day 9, 2 days after finishing my last pill and i am sooo emotional (mainly depressed). i literally cried for no real reason twice today!!! My follicle check is on sunday...i really hope its good news (so i don't end up crying in front of my doctor!).

Quote Originally Posted by onmymind17 View Post
    OK, so now i found out that my dr will be out of town when i will O, on the 18th so he is having me take the Clomid starting on day 6 which is monday through day 10 which will be Friday, I will then go in for an u/s on Tues the 21st, if i have already o'd then its all over and we wait until June if i have not O'd then they give me the trigger shot there and we will do the IUI between the 22nd and the 24th, i guess that will depend on the u/s tech and if she says the follies are going to pop, or if they are still kind of small and can go longer. So i guess we will see what happens, i sure hope we dont blow it this cycle.
    Good luck!! i am also doing my first iui this cycle (assuming my follicle check goes okay this weekend).

sheesh...its about time this site is back up.....how long before it goes down again!

I am okay with the wait....give the bean(s) a little more time to grow and look good on the u/s!

Hope everyone is well

Thanks for all the well wishes.
    I had 3 betas done this week. My doctor was a little concerned about the 2nd one and had me do a third. Plus she wants me in on Thursday for an ultrasound to make sure it's not ectopic. She said she doesn't think it is, but wants to do the ultrasound to be sure.
    So, if all goes well Thursday I'll be moving boards, but will be lurking here to see all your BFP's that I know are coming.

Incase anyone is wondering..here are my betas..

Tuesday morning - 82
    Thursday evening - 155
    Saturday afternoon - 314
    TTC#1 since May 08' ---- IUI #1 w/ Clomid 3/09 ---- betas: 4/7 82, 4/9 155, 4/11 314

I know right! I was getting worried that it would never come back up!

Shannon, sorry to hear you didnt get good news! Take your time we are here for you from now until you try again! Have a relaxing vacation with your DH...you two deserve it!!!

Thanks so much for the positive words ladies...I am NOT giving up...I dont care if I have to pan handle...I will keep my eye on the prize!

Any updates from the crew???
    (Charissa :35 mild endo)(Jeremy:34 perfect)
    TTC #1 IUI x 2 BFN IVF #1 03/09
    FET July 09
    God...help me through this....:pray:

Well the ER went well yesterday - retrieved 8 eggs. However got the call that only 4 fertilized! That's where the age factor comes in with women like me over 40. I pray they all make it to Tuesday transfer. I know our chances are greater to get a BFP if we transfer 3-5 embryos.

IslandGirl - good luck tomorrow!

Naveaha's mommy - sending you lots of sticky vibes!

Good luck on the ultrasounds this week!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Congrats to you mmtcc1. It sounds like you have a good doctor.

My cycle was a bust (I think our IUIs were the same day). I'm nervous but hopeful that we're moving to IVF. I never thought we would need to, but here we are.

Anyway... happy days for you ahead.

Michelle: I知 with you! I知 addicted to checking in everyday now and I was freaking out not being able to log on!

Shannon: You deserve to have a great vacation! KUP on how you池e doing.

Charissa: I知 so glad to hear that you are not giving up. I wish you only the best!

Islandgirl: Good luck tomorrow! Don稚 be nervous, I know everything will be fine.

Nostoppinme: All we need is one good one, right? I値l be praying for all 4 to make it. I had 4 transferred and my 1st ultrasound is this Tuesday, 4/14. I知 soooooooo nervous! I hope and pray that everything is as it should be. :pray: During my last pregnancy it was during my 1st ultrasound that all my dreams were crushed when the Dr. couldn't find a heartbeat. I'm trying to stay positive, but I'm so scared.
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    2WW's stink. I am so cranky, tired and anxious, and this idiot guy at work yesterday stopped in the middle of our meeting and said, "So, Kate when do you think you are going to have a baby? Don't you want kids?" I just looked at him. Is he kidding me?? None of his business. AT ALL.

And I thought, first, none of your business and 2nd I am basically doing everything I can do to have a baby. EVERYTHING. And it made me a mix of furious and sad.
    OMG, what a complete idiot. I've had the "So when are you going to have a baby?" question 3 or 4 times in the LAST MONTH by random people I just met and I want to scream "whose business is it of yours????". And if you tell someone that you have been trying, then suddenly it is their business and they feel free to ask patronizing, personal questions.. I told one friend about the lap I had, but not that we were STC and I have learned my lesson - it comes up all the time, and I know she's trying to get out of me that we are TTC, but I can't go down that road, because I know it will spill into our circle of "friends", and I also know there are some that are too insensitive to have that kind of information. Why is it so hard sometimes?

Quote Originally Posted by Red2008 View Post
    Well girls, I got my BFP yesterday!! I had my beta this morning and it was 295!! I started crying when my RE's nurse told me you are very pregnant!! Best wishes to all of you on this journey!

YEAH!! Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Well, I got my AF 8 days early on Friday. My cylce has been 33 days and it was 25 days this month. Total surprise, and hurt me so bad. I just sat in my office bathroom and sobbed for about an hour. I felt defeated. And allowed myself to "grieve". Well, today, I pushed that pain all the way down to my toes. I am back better than ever and ready to fight once again to see my future babies sweet face.
    Hoping, Praying, Wishing for those of you who had your iui this month!
    I'm sorry! That really sucks. You are a fighter, though, so don't give up!

Quote Originally Posted by mmttc1 View Post
    Well, I couldn't wait for the blood test. I took 3 more tests, including a digital on Monday afternoon and all were positive!!! Had my blood test yesterday morning and just got the call today with the results. Beta was 82.
    I go back tomorrow for a second beta and then in two weeks for an ultrasound.

I'm excited and hoping it sticks.

Apparently IUI's do sometimes work the first time.

Anyone else test this week?
    HAPPY BABY! See, and you were thinking that AF was coming! Fantastic. Even better that it was on your first IUI -- you give the girls hope out there!

Quote Originally Posted by wantalittleone View Post
    Hi all! I am new to this thread. DH and I have been trying for a couple years to conceive with no luck. We have been diagnosed "unexplained infertility". I just got off the phone with my RE's office this morning. I think we are going to go forward with IUI but wanted to get opinions from you ladies who have already been thru this. In speaking with his nurse, I was told that they wold most likely do Clomid on days 3-7. Follistem injection day 9 and an HCG trigger (not sure what day). He will do 2 inseminations on consecutive days. They estimate the cost for everything being $1500.00. That includes the drugs, ultrasounds and everything. Do you all think this is an okay amount to expect to pay? Does the plan sound alright? TIA for any advise you would like to offer.
    Good luck. I'm also "unexplained", which is so odd to hear/say, isn't it?

I think the price sounds right and I hope this is all that you need. Take care!

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    It's official, this cycle is a bust. I think they are going to put me on provera to start AF and then put me on repronex next cycle.
    Sorry honey.

kss717 Guest

Charissa I will keep my eye on the prize with you

Nostoppingme I am praying all your embies make it!

Xevy how are you doing???

I had a great wait GREAT appt on Fri. The doc did NOT mention DE once! AND he got a big hug for that. DH couldn't go so my Mom went with me for moral support. The doc wants to "tweak" some meds I think we will do the Ovidrel trigger rather than the IM. He said my numbers were very pretty!!! He said actually that only 1/2 of the eggs actually get retrieved..I was suprised at that but that explains why 1 got 1 out of 3 that they saw on the u/s. He said we can start right up next cycle as long as my numbers are good. He sees no reason to do any supression. In some cases the supression works too well, either by Lupron or BCP and I said that is something we DON'T need and he agreed.When we left I said to Momma did you understand all that...she said not a word except you have pretty numbers. So we did a in the hallway.

Nostoppingme: I think that's fantastic that 4 fertilized; as purple said, you only need one good one. and :pray:ing for success for you on Tuesday

Kim: I'm so happy your appointment went well and was positive. Good for you, you deserve your ultimate prize
    Donna (42) http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2482c1
    IUI#1, 3, 5 & 6: ; IUI#2 & 4-canceled; IVF #1-06/09 - m/c; IVF #2 - 10/09 - canceled

I'm out for the 2nd IUI And the crappy thing is, they want to do 3 cycles of the same thing before they'll even change/increase one of the meds I take. I would think that it should be partially up to me seem's how I'm paying for it, but apparently they don't see it that way! Why the hell does this have to be so difficult? As if our journey's aren't hard enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_9019 View Post
    I'm out for the 2nd IUI And the crappy thing is, they want to do 3 cycles of the same thing before they'll even change/increase one of the meds I take. I would think that it should be partially up to me seem's how I'm paying for it, but apparently they don't see it that way! Why the hell does this have to be so difficult? As if our journey's aren't hard enough already.

I'm sorry. I think they told me the same thing. Three is apparently the magic number. Maybe it will be the 3rd time is the charm for you!!!

AFM...got AF yesterday, and I'm going in tomorrow for my baseline appt and I think I will probably be starting my Follistim tomorrow as well. I'm a little excited, but mostly really apprehensive. I just don't know how to feel about all this!
    STC since June 2007
    IUI #1: IUI Cycle #2 IUI Cycle #3:
    Officially a waiting adoptive family as of 2/25/10

Quote Originally Posted by emma1978 View Post
    is worse then the first. Ughhhhhh. I am on cycle day 9, 2 days after finishing my last pill and i am sooo emotional (mainly depressed). i literally cried for no real reason twice today!!! My follicle check is on sunday...i really hope its good news (so i don't end up crying in front of my doctor!).
    I will be right with you, i start 100mg of clomid tonight, and i have already warned everybody. Last 2 cycles i took 50mg the first cycle was bad, i was a raving lunatic, the the 2nd cycle i had no problems, but now with the increase whoo look out. We are going to try an IUI this cycle, hopefully everything works out. Good luck, i pray you get your bfp.

Got my progesterone level checked today to make sure I O. Hoping they will give me provera to start my cycle early. DH has a work trip that will be right in the middle of our window, so he will have to make a deposit I guess before he leaves. This is so not sexy.

Thx ladies! Your support & encouragement mean the world to me. I pray they all make it to improve our odds. I worry about my age because so many docs told me they wouldn't recommend IVF on someone my age and I started down this path super discouraged. I'm 43 this year and hear the clock ticking. Thing is we can't afford to go round 3 this year so this cycle is pretty important. Praying for healthy embies that stick. Tomorrow's the big day!

Michelle & Purple - can't wait to hear about the U/S results. This is so exciting!

KSS - Sounds like your follow-up visit was just what you needed to hear. Yeah for the great feedback & so glad your going to start back so quickly. I just know the next cycle is going to be so much more successful!

IslandGirl - Hope the ER went well and they got lots of eggs!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Thank goodness this site is back up! I kept trying all weekend to get in and post an update and check on everyone! I was so frustrated.

to everyone for all the encouragement! They ended up not doing my ER today, but it will be tomorrow morning at 8:00. I'm still nervous, but I am sooo ready to get everything started! I did my trigger shot last night at 9:30 and I'm still a little sore. I told the nurse this morning when I went in for my BW, but she said that is normal. Anyway, I'll try to post tomorrow afternoon and let everyone know how it went. I'm just going to enjoy a day without any injections.

nostoppingme - on your 4 embies! I'll be :pray: that all 4 make it and are transferred tomorrow!

purple - Try to stay positive while awaiting your US! I know it is difficult until you see the HB, but I just know that you will and that this is it for you.

kss717 - I'm so glad that your appointment went so well.

Hope I didn't miss anyone. to all!

kss717 Guest

Islandgirl!!!!! Sending lots of good wishes form tons of eggs!!!

Good luck ladies!

I am doing good....at work...BOO. This is my 3rd 12 hr shift. Then I am off for one and back for more torture on Wed. Then I have the exciting and nervous U/S on Thursday. I am trying to hold back from being a beotch at work to one of my coworkers, ....look up my rant thread if you care to learn why.

ANYWOO...will try and catch up better later!

Have a super day!

Quote Originally Posted by Missy_9019 View Post
    Sorry Missy. I agree, why does it have to be so difficult?

Well ladies, it looks like IVF#5 was my last cycle unless by some miracle I can find $13000 for another cycle. The insurance company denied my claim, the external review board of appeal is still denying my claim, we have one last small chance tomorrow at the committee level to see if they will allow me this one last cycle but I'm not holding up much hope, lady luck hasn't been on my side lately.
    I know I shouldn't dwell on the past but I feel so upset that my original RE didn't try any of the treatments my last one did, the protocol was phenomenal, although I didn't end up with a pregnancy, my results were great, I feel cheated and denied the child we deserve. Well lets hope I can still have my tube un-blocked through my insurance as at least that will give us a better chance naturally... This was never suggested by my original RE or OBGYN.

Sorry venting, when all you ladies are having such positive thoughts.Guess I'll just head over to the over 35's and keep trying.
    Good luck to you all.
    Maxine

Quote Originally Posted by juliet0778 View Post
    I'm sorry. I think they told me the same thing. Three is apparently the magic number. Maybe it will be the 3rd time is the charm for you!!!

AFM...got AF yesterday, and I'm going in tomorrow for my baseline appt and I think I will probably be starting my Follistim tomorrow as well. I'm a little excited, but mostly really apprehensive. I just don't know how to feel about all this!
    Thanks you for the ! If 3's not the magic #, I'm either gonna switch dr's or 'strongly' suggest that 2 is enough to try something for me... lol. As for your appointment, be excited!!!

rss73 ~ I wish I could come up with a great answer, but I suppose it is what it is. And I really hope that it's one of those things where "The best things in life are worth fighting for"... ya know? I just wish there was some kind of guarantee for all of us that at SOME point it would work... unfortunately, I have yet to find one. I just wish I could be more positive like some of the other girls on here... but I have my days (test days) where I just have my little pity party and try my best to move on.

I am sorry it did not work out. Go ahead and have a pity party, we are all here for you, and you deserve it. I wish i could give bfp's to everybody, but all i can do is give you