Page 143 of 593 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,290 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Well I started the stims Saturday and so far so good! It was a quite a sight in our kitchen with all the medicine and needles all over the counter. I ordered all the medicine through the doctor so they sent it all in a big box and I had to figure out what needles went to what. My DH was going to try to help and he came in the kitchen as I was getting everything ready, took one look at all the needles and said, "I think I'll just wait in the living room and you call me if you need me!" He is such a wuss! Anyway, I go for the first monitoring visit Wednesday, so I am praying that all those follies are growing! Best of luck to everyone!

kss717 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by malf View Post
    Not sure how you spell it but DH did the hiney shots. They weren't THAT bad, really. I had a little bit of knotting (minimize with massage) and some bruising (he hit a vein a couple of times and had to reposition) but I was okay until it got to be too long and then I got hives. All that said, doable.
    Well at least there is plenty of hiney area!!! lol. Honestly if it hurt like blazes I would do it, I want this so bad I don't care how much pain in involved. It's just nice to be prepared.

Wishing...good luck!

Relaxedcitygirl that's great!!!! Have fun!!!!

Sending you tons of

IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

Default Hoping & Wishing

Thanks for the well wishes, the smiths. I'm certainly hanging in there!

I had an IUI last Monday. I don't have all the info with me but my doctor said I had several large follicles and my chances for multiples was 30%. I was on cloud nine but had a bit of a hiccup when my doctor was called out on an emergency c-section right when I needed to have my IUI done.

I panicked because I'd always been told that the washed sperm sample must be used within one hour after the lab gives it to me. After much panic on my part and the part of the nurses in my office (and some tears on my part) we found out we actually had 2 hours.

The IUI was done then DH & I BD'ed the next day. I've had constant pain in my lower abdomen since the procedure. I've even had some odd poking sensations. I did develop one small cyst as a result of all the Clomid. I'm hoping the pain is due to implantation and not the cyst. For now I'm just keeping my fingers crossed!

Hi there-

I've been trying for 13 months with no sucess, last month I had a cyst so I couldn't start Clomid. But this month it was gone! SO I am doing Clomid coupled with an IUI this month. My Dr. is very aggressive and on top of things, which I am happy about. I go in for my ultrasound next Monday to see how I am responding to the Clomid. Then I just wait until I get my positive OPK and then the next day goin in for the IUI. So, it will probably be in about 2 weeks, prob. Anyone have any stories about success on the first try? I am trying to not get my hopes up for this month, but I just feel so good about it knowing that this month I am actually doing something that will get me closer to my baby. Good luck to us all!
    Me 31 Hubby 32 We're waiting for you baby!Cycle 14 and counting...

ARGH! I am so frustrated. My CBEFM has given me a 'high' reading the last three days in a row. I've double-tested on the last two w/a digital OPK around 4:00 p.m. and they've both been negative. (I'll test again today as well.) I have never had three high ratings in a row. I'm afraid the Clomid has thrown everything off and sadly, I can't rely on my temps as I haven't been home the last few days and I've been testing at different times. I also don't have any signs of O. Has anyone else had Clomid throw off their monitors?
    Me (43) | DH (48) | DD born 9/2010. Currently TCC'ing #2

Hello all im glad to see everyone is doing great,I have not posted to see how things were going but im glad that no one has giving up. Please let me know who has gotten a BFP since i last checked on you guys.Good luck to you all this year. AFM- im doing good im 5 1/2 month now and im having a boy! Things are going good i was nerve racking in the begining hoping i make it through the first trimester and thanks god i did. But it has been great. And boy did those as# shots really hurt and bother.I still have knots and it itches at time. Well ladies good luck and i wish you the best Erin glad you havent giving up!!!!!!!!!

Good luck, babyloveH! I'm the only person I know (in real life that is ) that's had an IUI so I don't have any "success on the first try" stories. I'm just writing to offer my support! It absolutely can happen on the first try. Anything is possible.

Sending you good vibes!

I had an IUI a week ago (after taking 50mg Clomid). I usually have a lot of pain around ovulation but that pain has not subsided one bit! Dr. said I do have one tiny ovarian cyst but it wasn't big enough to prevent me from doing Clomid.

I don't know why I'm having so much continued pain. I'm wondering if it's from the cyst or if it's implantation or maybe it's something else I haven't even thought of (I've had two other cycles of Clomid w/IUI and nothing like this happened then).

Also, when BD'ing with my DH several days after my IUI, I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my left ovary. Very odd!

Anyone have any ideas as to why?

Erin, congratulations, so happy you are about to try again. I will of coarse be praying for you. KUP

Avelez, great to hear from you. Glad you are doing well. Your right, getting through the first trimester was a scarey thing. But I am now at nineteen weeks. My ticker is a little off. My last u/s measured babies at 19 weeks and 4 days and that was last Thursday.

Malf best of luck to you too. I am so excited that no one is giving up and you guys are starting again soon. Praying for you.

Fia, hope your doctor appt went well today. Let us know how it went. Thinking of you. I am proud of you for hanging in there. Dont give up!

Best wishes to all the new girls in here. Hoping and praying for BFP for everyone.

Hi Ladies,
    It has been forever since I posted anything in here.
    I can't believe a year ago I was doing the testing/work up for my 2nd IVF cycle.
    I pray 2009 ends up being a wonderful year for all of you!
    Good Luck ladies.

Redruby - I can only assume that you have a cyst or a few small cysts. I have never had the pains you are talking about but I have read post by many women who have. Hope it resolves itself soon.

relaxedcity - I am pretty sure that the monitors don't work well with clomid. Keep using the OPKs. Are you checking secondary signs (CP and CM?)

How's everyone else doing?
    Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Hmm Ruby I don't know. I had a lot of pain the first two clomid cycles..both times cd 15-16 but it was only two days. I suspect that it was my super huge follie. This round I had three follies but all much more normal in size and I haven't had pain.

Karen, I am just waiting and trying to not make up symptoms! I am on day 23...trigger was day 12. If I make it to Saturday with no spotting or AF, I will test at then. I have a short cycle...even last month with clomid spotting started day 23 (o was day 14) and AF was by day 25.

The bbs are quite big and tender this round. I normally get some of that before AF...but this time they are even bigger than normal....it was not easy to get them in my bra! I told DH they were bigger, he was like sure ok. I said no feel...his reaction was wow, they are really huge. So hopefully since I had three follies, I have three times the progesterone in me....

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

I am around 2dpo. I am not feeling anything yet! I am having an short cycle as well. Good luck ladies!

Snappigirl74 Guest

Well, an update....our first IUI was not successful. We are trying anothr one this month. I am trying not to get too frustrated or stressed out about the whole thing.

My last ultrasound showed follicles at 12mm on both sides. So that is better than my last which only progressed on my right.

I will keep you updated on if it work this Jan. I don't know when they are going to force ovulation yet...maybe next week.

Baby Dust for everyone!
    Snappi

Default The stress of IUIs

Snappigirl74, don't be discouraged! IUIs can be both emotionally and financially draining but one thing I've experienced (I just had my third) is that the second IUI is easier than the first because you know what to expect.

With my first IUI I was really nervous and excited plus I really didn't fully understand all the steps that led up to it. The second time we did it I knew what to expect and that made the process so much less stressful.

Good luck!

RedRuby

kbhlmh you're probably right about my pain being due to cysts. I just keep telling myself to get used to it because someday when I'm pregnant I'll have all sorts of aches & pains & weird sensations I never even dreamed I'd have!

Good luck everyone! You're all in my prayers.

RedRuby

wow, they are really huge.
    That's one thing this flat chested lady will NEVER hear from her hubby!

Redruby - Hope you get to experience all of the aches and pains that come along with pregnancy soon! Same goes to all of us!

Thanks for the tips redruby. I am excited but do not know what to expect, so I will be glad to see what it is all about.

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post
    That's one thing this flat chested lady will NEVER hear from her hubby!

Redruby - Hope you get to experience all of the aches and pains that come along with pregnancy soon! Same goes to all of us!
    LOL The ironic thing is that normally I am a DD. LOL I could have almost used a cup size bigger this morning.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post

relaxedcity - I am pretty sure that the monitors don't work well with clomid. Keep using the OPKs. Are you checking secondary signs (CP and CM?)

Thanks for the info--I think you're right. I am still using the digital OPKs and checking secondary signs. No EWCM as of yet but my cervix was high last night when I checked it. I'll continue to use the monitor and double test w/the OPKs. I had no idea Clomid could throw it off so thanks for the tip. I don't think I'd be nearly as frustrated if I could get into the doctor for an U/S but sadly my first appointment with the actual fertility doc isn't until Feb. 4th. I guess I should just write this month off but it is just so maddening wasting this time. My temp dropped again this morning possibly signaling my O dip. We'll see, I guess.
    Last edited by relaxedcitygirl; 01-13-2009 at 04:15 PM.

Hello Ladies -
    If I do not get my BFP this month I will be heading on to Femera. I am currently on my second month of Clomid at 100mg, and it is thinning out my lining something fierce! On cd 10 this month I had an u/s and my lining was only 3.9. So we will see - I still hope we can get our BFP nut if not on to the next treatment!

I just got back from my first monitoring visit and I have a ton of follies gearing up. She ran out of places on the screen to enter the measurements! I have about 10 that are averaging 11 to 12. I am still waiting on the bloodwork results, but I go back on Friday for another visit. It looks like the retrieval will be sometime next week!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for everyone else!

Thanks for all the support,
    Alyssa

kss717 Guest

Awesome!!! Good Luck!!!

Wonderful news wishing! Keep up the good work.

Hi ladies just a quick question....I started Clomid this month(days 4-8) and am now on day 9 of my cycle. I am noticing ALOT more creamy/watery CM than I usually have at any point in my cycle. Is this typical? I have an appt. on Monday to check my follies and then we're doing IUI once I get the positive OPK(the day after) No trigger this time though, unless it looks like I need it I guess. Since it's the first month, we're not really sure how I'll react.

I've been having watery CM but I don't know if it's the clomid or not. Monday! Keep us posted!

Jennifer - What dpo are you? Getting close to testing, huh?

Whoo-hoo, Ladies! I finally got the 'egg' on my CBEFM today. Double checked it w/a digital OPK---positive! DH and are I are going in tomorrow afternoon for our first-ever IUI. I talked w/the nurse and she said not to BD tonight so that he has a strong sample tomorrow but to plan to do it the evening of the IUI. We actually BD last night for fun because I thought the Clomid had delayed O and we hadn't done anything since Saturday. So, maybe we have a little extra insurance?? I also didn't really have any EWCM this cycle (maybe a tiny bit this am--it was hard to tell) and am wondering if this has something to do w/taking Clomid. I did have more watery CM than usual, however. Not sure this was due to CLomid or the Mucinex. Every month we try, I feel like it's just a crap shoot of all these different factors coming together. Hopefully, we got the right combo this time!

Good luck babyloveH and everyone else doing an IUI this month as well! I have everything crossed for us!
    Last edited by relaxedcitygirl; 01-14-2009 at 05:58 PM.

Great news Alyssa! Grow Follies Grow!

So I went to my f/u appt yesterday. I left the office with my head spinning. According to RE, I have have low quality eggs due to low response this cycle and last. He said for some reason, not know, my ovaries are not reacting the way they should to stims, (even on the highest dose possible and lupron microdose). Looks like I ovulate fine on my own but refuse the drugs, this sucks!
    He gave us 3 options, stop altogether, get egg donor, or try once again. He didn't seem optimistic on us trying again, not the way he was on our first cycle. Since I did have 14 follies last time (3 mature, 7 almost, 4 poor), I asked if there was another drug he could give me to help them mature. Also the grade of embryos was second to best. So based on this my husband and I decided to try one more time. RE will include Repronex (i think) along with follistim and he will also do assisted hatching. I'm also going to make further changes to my diet. Next Tuesday I have an appointment for acupuncture in hopes of increasing the number of good follies. I'll be honest, I'm really down right now. If the outcome is the same, we may have to stop. My husband does not want an egg donor. We're thinking of doing cycle #3 in April or May, we need a break.