Page 53 of 593 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ICURN View Post
    I've been having a bad day. I woke up with really bad cramps. Of course I started crying~thinking the worst! DH is upset now. I have done nothing but cry all day. I am just so emotional.
    ICURN, I too have been having cramps. Mild, but cramps none the less. I called my RE's office this morning and the nurse informed me that cramps can be a good thing. Who knew! She sounded excited so it calmed me right down.

2. Default

Hey ladies....I will be joining the IVF sisters very soon! Will be starting meds on 26th July (CD21). Just had second results of hubby's SA last week and as expected, the numbers remain bad Thank god for IVF if not we will never be able to have kids with his condition. Doc says I will need to inject myself (with meds) for the next 5 weeks (from CD21) . I have never done this before....will it hurt??? I've got gazillion questions coming (as the treatment start) so please bear with me! Any advise for IVF graduates would be helpful!

3. Default

MSPY, Welcome to the sisterhood! I wish I could promise that the shots won't be uncomfortable but I can tell you that I can do it with my eyes closed at this point. You get used to it pretty quick and I HATE NEEDLES so if I can do it anyone can. As I was advised earlier today by one of my IVF sisters here on the site keep your eyes and heart on the babies you're praying for and you'll be able to do anything. Since I'm post-transfer and waiting for my BFP I'm only taking the progesterone shots right now and praying that it's only a few more weeks of needles. Good luck to you and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hello laides...
    I'm just checking in to see how you're all doing. Are you hanging in there? Heather let's just hope you have one very hungry eggie! Carriann- Good luck...I hope that BFN turns into a BFP! Lisa...how are you doing...injections going ok????? We sent off our adoption application today!

Take care...
    Miss you ladies!!!
    Jess

Welcome, mspy. It sucks that we all have to go through this to get pg, but the shots ARE DOABLE. I'm a total needle-phobe, too, but I did all the subQs, and DH is doing the IMs now. He's worse than I am. So it is possible and, as burbank said, it is for the best of all possible reasons! KUP!

Guys, I struggled with whether or not I should post this, b/c a part of me thinks it's incredibly selfish when others are struggling with far worse issues...but I'm going to do it anyway and hope that you won't think I'm awful. I got my fertilization report today and, of the 26 eggs, 20 were mature but only 6 fertilized. Now, I know it's great that I have six embies growing away (really, really, I do know this!) but I can't help but be disappointed. What happened to the other 14 good eggs? Is this normal? I've googled my butt off but can't find anything about the ratio of mature eggs retrieved to fertilized. Anyone know anything? My regular RN was out sick today, and the nurse who called left a 10s message with no further info, no context, no nothing.... My biggest concern is how many of those 6 will keep going strong. We really want to make it to 5dt since we can only put 1 in. I'm so sorry to whine, I'm just so worried that after all of this hard work we might have to gamble on a 3dt with only one shot.... Thanks, as always, for listening, supporting and not judging. I promise to pull it together tomorrow, I'm just bumming today.

6. Default

malf, I think you're just being human. I think it's normal to wonder why one and not the other proceeds. Don't beat yourself up. We all have our down moments and then hopefully with the love and support of our IVF sisters get back on track. Hang in there!

LisaJ2224 Guest

Jess, I had my two IUIs last week---I am officially in the 1ww!

LisaJ2224 Guest

Malf, that is what we are here for.

I would be upset, too, so don't beat yourself up.

Wow...i have missed so much!!

ICURN...Cramping is very normal so just hang in there!!

MAL...not all eggs fertilize....everyone is different. I think six is a great number...that's three now and three for later. plus 3 is my lucky #.

Lisa...That would be great...I have yet to meet anyone, but i have a lot of close friends from here. But as luck would have it, I will need to see an RE again...i have taken HPTs from 6DPT till yesterday and although I had a skinny BFP on the 6th, it has since dwindled to nada. So onward and upward. DH and are are going to try the old fashion way for a few months since we conceived twice in 5 months that way before going to the RE. Does anyone know what your fertility is like post failed IVF procedure?? More or less fertile?

Good Luck Mal on your Transfer...GROW EMBIES GROW!!
    Last edited by lsolt; 07-08-2008 at 05:44 AM.
    Lee Ann & Andre

Lisa I feel so good about your cycle this month...any symptoms??
    Lee Ann & Andre

Ladies, you are amazing. I realize I am an emotional, hormonal wreck, but the tears in my eyes this morning are genuine gratitude. Thank you for your support.

burbank, Lisa, thank you.

Lee Ann, you are so strong it is truly amazing. I will continue to pray that your sticky BFP isn't far away.

Today, I am making a choice to be positive. To know that I have 5 little embies dividing away - 2 2cells, 1 3cell and 2 4cells - one of whom will be coming home with me tomorrow after 3dt. This is how it was meant to be for us, I have faith.

Hugs to all.

Mal

Malf~I think it is common to question "what happened?" Don't feel selfish for that~I know I did the same thing!

Isolt~Maybe just maybe your count isn't high enough yet?? You are a really strong woman!

All of you have been amazing! No matter what happens tomorrow I will keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers!

Malf - I asked my RE that same question, the first time & he explained that when mother nature selects our eggs for fertilisation she only selects the best, when an RE selects our eggs he selects them all, so you have six of the best and they look like they are growing nicely.

Isolt- my doctor recommended taking breaks between IVF cycles as it helps your body readjust and prepare itself for whatever we decide to put it through both physically & mentally. Its great to have fun with your DH without having to think OMG is it 9pm time for my next shot. I think the fertility treatment does help your chances in between especially when you already have the proof you can concieve, I didn't have such luck. So go girl have fun.

I woke up this morning with that I'm not pregnant again feeling, my boobs don't feel as sore but they are ichy, my cramps and sharp pains have left me although my back is a wee bit achy. I gave my belly a rub and just prayed that the little ones are just bedded in place for our long journey and all my hormones are having a nap, Hopefully acupuncture this afternoon will put me back in my happy postive place.

So ladies no more stressing, we are positive, we are deserving & for those that don't have BFP the best are yet to come.
    Last edited by Mad Max; 07-08-2008 at 09:12 AM.

LisaJ2224 Guest

I am so sorry, Lee Ann.

I am already feeling really negative about this cycle. I know that isn't helpful, but I am really moody today and just being honest.

LisaJ2224 Guest

Today--nothing.

Sigh.

Hey Ladies! I’ve been following this thread for a while now and hope you don’t mind if I pop in. I just wanted to say that I wish you all the best of luck and am hoping you ALL get a BFP! I’m in the very early stage of IVF myself.

BTW, I have a question maybe you girls can help me with: my CD3 B/W & U/S was Sunday, and my RE said my Estrogen level was a little high @ 181 and is prescribing Clomid for me to start today for 5 days. What were your CD3 Estrogen levels like, and did any of you have to take Clomid pre-IVF?? I took it before, prior to IUI, but it messed with the length of my cycle some then, so I guess I’m a little concerned about that now.

Positive vibes!!

-Maggie

Me(33) DH(35), TTC #1 since 2005
    IUI #1, #2 & #3 - 2008 BFN
    IVF #1 - Aug. 2008 (canceled midway)
    IVF #2 - Nov. 2008 BFN

LisaJ2224 Guest

MAggie, the only thing I have heard about high E2 on CD 3 is that it can be a mask for high FSH. What was your FSH?

But it sounds like your doctor has a plan. And if it makes you feel any better, plenty of moms here had high FSH and got pregnant. At least one without IVF!

Just an update on me... my 3rd IUI did not work So moving on to #4. I was originally not wanting to do one this month, but DH and I had a nice discussion, and we decided that since I will be out of summer school on the 22nd, and the IUI would be the 23rd, it would be perfect timing, and no stress setting up an appointment with the doctor, all that good stuff.

So my plan of action this month. Get back to the gym when AF settles a bit, have a mani pedi and massage the day before the IUI (Christmas gift from DH that I haven't used yet!!), and complete relaxation for the following two weeks. At the end of the two weeks (give a few days), I will be heading on vacation with my family, and I am praying that I will have some news to share with them soon after... (I won't tell anyone but DH until after the first u/s).

So, I'm gonna hit the ground running as soon as the cramps let up!!!

Good luck to the rest of the ladies waiting on their results... and save me a spot in expecting

sstefanich Guest

Hi, I am new to APA. I feel a little awkward because I don't know what all the initials mean yet in your posts, but I think I'll catch on... My husband and I have been TTC since March 2006. Began medical intervention this spring. I thought I had endometriosis. Turns out I have one scarred fallopian tube and he has low motility and morphology. We had our first IUI June 27th (my birthday), and my period is due Sunday, so I really felt like I needed to talk to others who have gone/are going through this...I think it will help me cheer up to read all of your posts full of positive attitudes!! Take care, all of you, and thanks for reading. -Sarah

20. Default

Lisa & Max, I am so right there with you both! I would have sworn yesterday that I am preggers and today, NADA! No cramping just back pain and now I'm convinced it's AF on her way to start my $15,000.00 period. My progesterone shot last night was a fiasco because the oil started to ooze back out of the injection site (sorry TMI). AARRGGHHH!!!!!

Pulled out my pom poms this morning and called my RN for a little baby cheer but it ain't working today. I'm going back to work tomorrow so my little vacation is over and I'm hoping that I can pull the hormones together enough to not leap over my desk when the first stupid question of the day is asked. Ok, I'm done griping and moaning. Thanks for letting me get it out. I'll try to be a good girl and keep looking at all the cute baby stuff I plan to cram into my house when I get my BFP. Lot's of love to you all...you're my lifeline right now.

Tarabithia -- Sounds like a great plan. Aren't spa gift certificates great? I'm sending you lots of baby dust for this cycle.

Sstefanich -- Welcome and good luck. I hope you get your bfp this month.
    Julia (43), Adam (50)
    Chose adoption (9/08), Officially waiting (1/09), disrupted adoption #1 (10/09), disrupted adoption #2 (4/10), brought our baby home (8/10)

I hope it's a 15K baby and not AF Burbank!!

Hang in there Lisa!!! I am sending you tons of ++++ Vibes!!
    Lee Ann & Andre

I have my pom poms out for all of you!!

LisaJ2224 Guest

I can't even tell you what a source of comfort this room has been for me. I really appreciate each and every one of you.

I hate the 2 ww. With. a. passion.

I couldn't agree more, Lisa. I have been so grateful to share both my good and bad days with each of you, and to be a part of yours. As I join most of you in the 2ww today, I remember our graduates and pray for the day we all join them in PAS. Love to all.

I had my beta drawn this AM~now I am just waiting anxiously for the call!!!!

I am 40 and my husband is 39, we've been married 7 months now and have been trying to conceive before we got married. Back in March we decided to go with fertility treatments - our first IUI didn't take and we went straight for IVF - the retrieval was done on 6/24 four follicles were taken. I got the call on 6/26 that I had two embryos, then another call on 6/27 with the same information and was asked to come in sooner for the transfer. Between 8:15 and 10:30 my husband got a call from the doctor (not ours) saying there was a 'technical accident' - what we later found out was during the assisted hatching, the shell was 'lysed' therefor deystroying our one embryo - we were later told the 2nd embryo did not develop overnight - we are now at a crossroads - we are meeting with our fertility doctor in the morning and have another appointment on Friday with another facility - I know no one can tell me what to do, but part of me can do this and the other part can't - I just can't get over the fact that the only good embryo I had was 'damaged'

The doctor has said that he would put me on follistrim again, along with Lupron so the chances of more follicles will be there - but what if?

Has anyone here ever had a situation like this??

LisaJ2224 Guest

Welcome, Sarah!!! Glad to have you!

29. Default

Quote Originally Posted by lorid View Post
    I am 40 and my husband is 39, we've been married 7 months now and have been trying to conceive before we got married. Back in March we decided to go with fertility treatments - our first IUI didn't take and we went straight for IVF - the retrieval was done on 6/24 four follicles were taken. I got the call on 6/26 that I had two embryos, then another call on 6/27 with the same information and was asked to come in sooner for the transfer. Between 8:15 and 10:30 my husband got a call from the doctor (not ours) saying there was a 'technical accident' - what we later found out was during the assisted hatching, the shell was 'lysed' therefor deystroying our one embryo - we were later told the 2nd embryo did not develop overnight - we are now at a crossroads - we are meeting with our fertility doctor in the morning and have another appointment on Friday with another facility - I know no one can tell me what to do, but part of me can do this and the other part can't - I just can't get over the fact that the only good embryo I had was 'damaged'

The doctor has said that he would put me on follistrim again, along with Lupron so the chances of more follicles will be there - but what if?

Has anyone here ever had a situation like this??
    Sweetie, I am so sorry about this and I truly feel your pain. While I have not had this issue with IVF I did have a similar situation with my IUI cycle in Feb.08. My RE failed to tell me that on the date of my IUI he would be out of the office and would therefore leave me in the hands of his partner who then proceeded to take my husbands sample and not deposit it far enough in my tube for anything to happen. Everything literally ran right out within an hour and I was left knowing that there was no chance because I hadn't even ovulated when they did the procedure. They told me to go home and try the natural way. To say it was a mess is an understatement! After I spent 2 days crying and getting angry enough to smack someone I finally spoke with with my normal RE who offered me no apology, no explanation, no reimbursement, nothing. I asked for some sort of remuneration and got nothing on that cycle but what he did do was cut me a break on the IVF cycle I just did. Because we actually did 2 stimulation cycles in about 30-45 days he basically cut me a deal to make it a little cheaper, not much but every little bit helps.

Do you feel comfortable enough with your RE to ask them to repeat your cycle at their expense due to their error? It may not work but it never hurts to ask. Good luck and send you lots of positive vibes.

I'm new to the board, but not to TTC so I am jumping right in with ya'll. Just went to RE today, it's CD6 for me. I was on Bravelle 150 and Micro Ovidrel 10 ml injections. My estrogen level was 107 today so they upped my Bravelle to 225. Yikes...Kinda worried, but I go back in on Friday for more BW and US. Hopefully to do IUI Sunday or Monday...Good Luck ladies...