Page 12 of 593 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid Blog

GOOD LUCK!!! Keep us updated!!!
    ~Kris~ Blessed with 4 boys! Our baby boy is a miracle baby!After a diagnosis of placenta percreta/complete previa/PIH/severe anemia/IUGR/Oligohydramnios and a c/s, hysterectomy, bladder resection, and tons of blood transfussions later....he was born healthy @ 36 weeks, against all odds!!!

Kimmie Guest

A mature follie is over 18 mm and yours will be there tomorrow...they grow 2 mm per day. That is why your surge has not happened yet...it will soon and the Sat trigger will be perfect. Your follie should be 20 mm and with the extra 24 hours for release about 22-24 mm when 'o'd. Did that make sense to anyone else

GOOD LUCK YOU TWO!!!!! (maybebaby and Baby2008) I am soooooo excited for you guys!!!!!

Miss Paula?? How are you doing tonight? Sara?? How did babysitting go??

Hey Kimmie. thanks for the info on the follies... I didn't know a lot of that.. GIRL you gots some knowledge now...!!! lol YOU AND PAULA BOTH!!! I'd go nuts without you guys fillin us in on all the TTC technical jargan... lol...

I am craving spagettii tonight... so I am gonna go start makin some.. mmm yummm... I"ll check back with ya'll later...

Kimmie Guest

Well if I can help it happen quicker for others than it has me...dang I will do it!!!

Hi Girls..

I wish all of you luck and hope this is your month.. i have nothing new to post just waitin for my AF to arrive.. which is expected on 13th.. just pray that i should get it in the 1st cycle of clomid.. i m very excited and hoping it to be my month...
    I have heard such bad things abt Clomid as well ... s/e and all.. and that it does not work .. I hope it works for me

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU!!!!!

MAYBEBABY,
    GOOD LUCK WOMAN!!!!! I HOPE EVERYTHING GOES WELL AND YOUR 2 WEEK WAIT FLIES BY WITH A BFP!!!!!!!!!!

AMY,
    THANKS FOR ASKING, THE BABYSITTING WENT WELL!!!! SHE IS SO BEAUTIFUL... JUST A LITTLE PRINCESS!!!!! IF I DON'T HAVE MY OWN AT LEAST I CAN LOVE MY NEICES AND NEPHEWS!!!! WE HAVE 2 NEICES AND 3 NEPHEWS WITH ANOTHER ONE DUE IN JULY!!!

SARAH111,
    I HOPE YOUR 1ST MONTH OF CLOMID WORKS FOR YOU GIRL!!!!! I HAD SOME BAD HOT FLASHES, LOTSA CRAMPS, HEADACHES, AND SOME BAD MOOD SWINGS. SO IT DOES KIND OF SUCK, BUT IF IT HELPS US GET PREGGO THAN IT'S WORTH IT RIGHT!!!! GOOD LUCK THIS MONTH!!!!

PAULA,
    HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU!!!! HOW MANY DAYS DO YOU HAVE LEFT TILL YOU CAN POAS????

WELL, I'M VERY TIRED AND I'M GONNA GO TO BED.... GOOD NIGHT LADIES!!!

Paula~ Is this not dragging by??? I am going CRAZY!!! I have been extra weepy the past few days. I cried last night at the TV show American Inventor! lol DH was like WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? This is the first month I have been like this...so maybe it is a good thing!

As for me...I am going to have my progesterone drawn in the morning. I am feeling a lot of anxiety about it for some reason. I guess I am just scared that they will come back and say that it is low. This is my first month on 100mg after being on 200mg the past two months. I will let you know when I get my results back. It will probablly be Saturday morning.
    YES!!! It's so dragging.. I know how you feel.. It drives me crazy.. Luckly I've been really busy the last couple of days.. It's taken my mind off all this. Yea.. Clo-moods can be bad at times.. I get emotional like that too.. When I went back on Clomid this time.. I told my DH before going on it.. I asked him if he was sure he could handle it.. Cause the last time I was on it.. I was bad..lol.. But it hasn't been to bad this time.. I'm sure your progesterone will be fine... so don't let it stress you out.. Let us know what your #'s are when you find out. Big progesterone # vibes

OH PAULA,
    I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS IS YOUR MONTH... GOD KNOWS YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS!!!!!!
    Aww thanks.. I hope so too.. I really don't want to have to resort to IVF, if I don't have to. Hopefully this next month they will up your dose and get you that BFP that you so deserve! (((HUGS))) Hope you had fun today babysitting!

well I didn't bother temping this morning... I didn't sleep worth a hoot last night. I tossed and turned... hot and cold flashes. I know if I would have temped it would either shoot straight up or go way down... either way it would have been a fluke result.

I am really irritable today. I have a headache that is threatening to come on full force... took some tylenol... hopefully it'll catch it before it turns into a migraine or something.
    Also real bloated today.. NONE of my clothes fit right. BB's still hurt.. and my whole body aches.

Still trying to stay positive. I swear..

Good Luck Paula... I pray and pray this is your month!!!
    Thanks Amy! You know you are not out of the run yet.. So just hang in there. When do you expect AF? I'm expecting mine on the 8th.. Hopefully she will be a no show and I can test on the 9th.

It is like Clomid roulette. It can take a bit to find the right dose. I would get an OB so they will up your dose for next cycle. It really sucks to have to try so hard. We have been at this for so long now. It actually has become 2nd nature - scarey enough.

Thanks Paula....it is not something I would ever want anyone to go through ever. I cannot decide which is worse....never seeing a BFP in all that time TTCing or losing each BFP every time.
    Kimmie, I know how you feel.. It feels 2nd nature to me too. I also understand both ends of losing a BFP and going a long period without a BFP. It's hard either way to me. Month before last I had found out I released to eggs.. I didn't get a BFP.. But I still felt like I lost twins.. The M/C's I went through were terrible to go through and sometimes I feel each month I don't get a BFP.. I still feel like I've lost. Does that make sense? I hope that you get your miracle soon!

UPDATE: Dr. just called and my LH is still low, so no surge yet. My Estridol is at 76 which she said was fine? I'm hoping that's right cause I don't have a chart or anything to go by?? They said if I don't have a + on my OPK by Saturday AM, they want me to trigger on Sat night and the IUI will be on Monday. Ok, now the butterflies have started!! Eeeekkk...Here we go again!
    Congrats on the big follies! I'll be praying for you this weekend!!!! Please keep us updated.. I found a couple of websites for you.

http://www.labcorp.com/datasets/labc...o/ri003600.htm

http://www.aeron.com/estradiol.htm

This has all the hormone levels.. including estradoil at different times..

http://www.fertilityplus.org/faq/hormonelevels.html

I'll see if I can find any other info for you. Good Luck Monday!!!

BFP

Hi Girls..

I wish all of you luck and hope this is your month.. i have nothing new to post just waitin for my AF to arrive.. which is expected on 13th.. just pray that i should get it in the 1st cycle of clomid.. i m very excited and hoping it to be my month...
    I have heard such bad things abt Clomid as well ... s/e and all.. and that it does not work .. I hope it works for me

GOOD LUCK ALL OF YOU!!!!!
    Thanks! I really hope you get your BFP in your first month too. But just keep in mind it can take up to a few months to get your BFP.. I will be praying that you get it right away.. Jill did! Good Luck!

PAULA,
    HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU!!!! HOW MANY DAYS DO YOU HAVE LEFT TILL YOU CAN POAS????
    Miss Paula?? How are you doing tonight?
    Hey Sara & Amy.. I hope both of you are feeling much better today! Thanks for asking about me.. Makes me feel special

I'm 5 days past "O" temps are looking good so far.. My chart is under the www button, if anyone wants to take a look. My cover line is 97.2.. Sara.. my af is due on July 8th.. So I will most likely test on the 9th if AF doesn't show her face, well that's if I don't break down and test before hand. I go to see the RE on July 12th.

Today has been a long day.. We went and looked at land and new cars.. I looked at a Honda Odyssey Touring van and my DH looked at an Chevy Avalanche. With all the planning for the new house.. That we should have by the end of the year.. if all goes well.. It's has been keeping me busy.. tomorrow.. I'll be meeting with the realtor and tomorrow night we have a 4th of July balloon glow, concert and fireworks that we are going too.. So it helps to stay so busy.

I hope all is going well with everyone! You all are in my thoughts and prayers.. Even though I’ve been busy and have not been on a lot during the day.. I still think about you guys and hope everything is ok with you. (((HUGS)))

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Kimmie Guest

I completely understand Paula. I too feel like I lose each month. I see 1-3 huge follies on the screen and AF comes like clockwork. I think that is why I am so excited about the trigger shot...i will finally see 2 lines for the 1st time in over a year. I still get bummed out from time to time...but I am so used to this game it does not really phase me any more. I think I will have a hard time not TTCing when I do get and stay PG. I will want to TTC right after birth from the 9 mos of withdrawl!!

9. Default

Quote:
    UPDATE: Dr. just called and my LH is still low, so no surge yet. My Estridol is at 76 which she said was fine? I'm hoping that's right cause I don't have a chart or anything to go by?? They said if I don't have a + on my OPK by Saturday AM, they want me to trigger on Sat night and the IUI will be on Monday. Ok, now the butterflies have started!! Eeeekkk...Here we go again!

Congrats on the big follies! I'll be praying for you this weekend!!!! Please keep us updated.. I found a couple of websites for you.

Thanks for the info, Paula. I really appreciate it.

Now I'm freaking out though! My Estradiol level was only 76!! According to those sites, it should be over 150. I mean, even if it doubled in the next 3 days, it would still be borderline. Why did they tell me this is normal!?!?!? I'm so worried that this will have a negative effect and there won't be conception even with IUI.
    After over FOUR years of STC...We are going to Adopt...hopefully God will lead us in this new chapter of our journey!

Quote Originally Posted by maybebaby
    Quote:

Thanks for the info, Paula. I really appreciate it.

Now I'm freaking out though! My Estradiol level was only 76!! According to those sites, it should be over 150. I mean, even if it doubled in the next 3 days, it would still be borderline. Why did they tell me this is normal!?!?!? I'm so worried that this will have a negative effect and there won't be conception even with IUI.
    Hopefully they are thinking you are on track and that your #'s will double.. I know from some of the things I read.. that it goes up and peaks around the same time as your LH. Anytime they do any b/w on me.. when I get the results.. I ask for the normal range for that lab.. It's normally on a lab reports and see what they range as normal for this phase.. You may just be on the low end of normal, and that would be the resason they said it was normal. I didn't want to scare or upset you.. But wanted you to know the info I found. Call your doctors office and get her to get your results back out.. Tell her you were doing some reading and wanted to make sure.

I know it's hard but still try to stay positive, you are still a couple of days off from your IUI.. a lot can change hormone wise in that time. As I'm sure a lot has changed from when you had the test done. So try not to worry. (((HUGS))) You will be in my thoughts and prayers!!!

I completely understand Paula. I too feel like I lose each month. I see 1-3 huge follies on the screen and AF comes like clockwork. I think that is why I am so excited about the trigger shot...i will finally see 2 lines for the 1st time in over a year. I still get bummed out from time to time...but I am so used to this game it does not really phase me any more. I think I will have a hard time not TTCing when I do get and stay PG. I will want to TTC right after birth from the 9 mos of withdrawl!!
    .. I know what you mean.. Even though because of our age.. This is the only baby/s we will be conceiving. But it has come so routine to ttc each month I'm not sure how I'll stop.. I'm sure I'll be taking my temp way up through pg... I'm so glad they are goning to give you a trigger.. YAY!!! this will be your month!!!! Super sticky BFP

Kimmie Guest

I can see me 8 mos PG having DH put the BBT in my hooha!!! LOL!! I got my 1st pos OPK of the cycle...I get 2-3 each cycle due to Clomid. Once the OPK and CBEFM are in sync (next 2 days) I will trigger!!! I will 'o' earlier than I thought, but I am still on HIGH and PEAK should happen tomorrow or Sun. I 'o' on the 2nd PEAK. So I am thinking 24-48 hours and it is trigger time.

12. Default

Paula, Don't worry...you didn't upset me. I didn't mean for it to come across like that. :oops: I am just so incredibly nervous and scared. This may be the last medical treatment we get to do. I can't continue to afford the medical bills that this is costing. Insurance doesn't cover any of it. I just don't want to "waste" money if my hormones aren't going to cooperate for this cycle, KWIM? I feel like I can't trust what they tell me...last month they said my levels were normal at 168 and I didn't know any better until after the fact. After reading all that information, now I know how NOT normal those levels were. I was supposed to of been at around 600 last month! That is such a significant difference! I don't really have any other option but to trust what they tell me. I will voice my opinion when I go in on MON for the IUI though. I want answers. I just wish had an endless amount of $$ so that I could do all the med. treatment I wanted and give all you guys $$ to do the same. Unfortunately, I keep having to rob Peter to pay Paul, ya know? My med bills alone last cycle were $1,200. Add that to the mortage and ALL the other mandatory bills and I'm really stretching it thin!

I'm rambling...I need to stop now! ;)
    After over FOUR years of STC...We are going to Adopt...hopefully God will lead us in this new chapter of our journey!

13. Default

Kimmie,

YAY for + OPK's!! Great luck to you this cycle and get to BDing!!! ;)

The results are in...my progesterone was a whopping 14.2! ugh *feels like someone hit me in the stomach* My previous months results were 20.8 and 22.6. Of course that was on 200mg and I only took 100mg this month. (sounds like I need the 200mg) I really felt like they would call and say that it was 30-something. I did have it drawn a day early, but I know it should still be above 15. I really really felt like this was our month. I am trying to stay hopeful...it is just not coming easy after hearing that.
    ~Kris~ Blessed with 4 boys! Our baby boy is a miracle baby!After a diagnosis of placenta percreta/complete previa/PIH/severe anemia/IUGR/Oligohydramnios and a c/s, hysterectomy, bladder resection, and tons of blood transfussions later....he was born healthy @ 36 weeks, against all odds!!!

Found this info:
    A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting.
    So...since I was not fasting and my level was drawn a day early...what are the chances it is off by 0.8??? Ammuse me, please!

KIMMIE...what are you doing reading this??? GET BUSY GIRL!!!

I am a little upset right now. I was talking to DH about my temps and ttcing and telling him about some of the things everyone here has dealt with....including the Clomid and how some of the ladies on here have been taking it for so long. He said he doesn't want to have anything to do with fertility drugs...he doesn't think they are good for me and doesn't want to deal with 5 premature babies...and some other stuff. I said not everybody who takes it has multiple births. told him that Clomid would probably be the next step if the Metformin doesn't work. I told him that I wanted to give it a shot but wasn't keen on the idea of taking for months and months. He said he didn't want to have anything to do with it. Now I am upset....what if the metformin doesn't work? I think I want to cry...

So sorry. Does he know that with Clomid there really is a very low risk of multiples. I think there is only a 10% chance of twins and it goes down drastically after that. (10% is the highest # I found in any study) There really is a very low chance of triplets and more. I think he might change his mind if he read up on Clomid. Most people hear "fertility drugs" and there brain does not make it past that....they picture 5 or 6 babies! That really is not the case with Clomid. Not saying that it couldn't happen, but it is not likely, when speaking about more than twins. HTH.

I hope he comes around. Let us know! Good luck to you this month. I really hope the metformin works and you don't even have to worry about CLOMID!!!

Maybe I should have waited to have my labs drawn....My bb's have started to ache this evening. (I did not have this before) Isn't this caused by progesterone??? I guess one day would not have made that big of a difference. I wonder though if tomorrow it would be over 15 (since it is so close) and it would save me all this worry!
    ugh. I hate this.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup
    am a little upset right now. I was talking to DH about my temps and ttcing and telling him about some of the things everyone here has dealt with....including the Clomid and how some of the ladies on here have been taking it for so long. He said he doesn't want to have anything to do with fertility drugs...he doesn't think they are good for me and doesn't want to deal with 5 premature babies...and some other stuff. I said not everybody who takes it has multiple births. told him that Clomid would probably be the next step if the Metformin doesn't work. I told him that I wanted to give it a shot but wasn't keen on the idea of taking for months and months. He said he didn't want to have anything to do with it. Now I am upset....what if the metformin doesn't work? I think I want to cry...

I am so sorry to hear that... I pray things work out for you with Metformin and u dint need Clomid... As baby2008 said u better show him what CLOMID really is.. maybe then he will understand....

SaraH

How u doin now? hope u r feelin better.. Things will work out for you dun worry.. u will soon see a BFP...

And how is everybody else doin??

I am just waitin for 13th..to start my 1st cycle... but seems to be So FAR :x

Married 11/04
    M/S 12/04 in 7 weeks
    TTC since then

Starting 1st round of Clomid 13/07

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup
    I am a little upset right now. I was talking to DH about my temps and ttcing and telling him about some of the things everyone here has dealt with....including the Clomid and how some of the ladies on here have been taking it for so long. He said he doesn't want to have anything to do with fertility drugs...he doesn't think they are good for me and doesn't want to deal with 5 premature babies...and some other stuff. I said not everybody who takes it has multiple births. told him that Clomid would probably be the next step if the Metformin doesn't work. I told him that I wanted to give it a shot but wasn't keen on the idea of taking for months and months. He said he didn't want to have anything to do with it. Now I am upset....what if the metformin doesn't work? I think I want to cry...
    Awww.. I'm so sorry Susan. I think it's the unknown for some men that may scare them that it may cause the child to be born with birth defects. Really for women like me.. before I went on Clomid I had three m/c because the eggs I was producing on my own were immature. On my own I had a greater chance of having a baby with birth defects then with fertility drug help, because my hormones were so out of wack! Clomid doesn't raise the % much on multiple babies.. Now.. some of your injectable do and IVF has a higher risk of twins if more then one egg is transferred. Do you know anyone that lives near by that's been through any of this? Maybe they can sit down and tell your DH their experience.. I'm sure he is pretty stubborn.. I would say take him to the doctor with you and have the doctor explain. I just really feel for you.. I wish he was more understanding then he is being! Most doctors won't allow you to be on Clomid for more then 6 months in a row.. Yes.. I've been on 15 cycles of clomid but this is over a 6 year period.. the first two were 6 months each.. and this one is 3 months.. After this month if no bfp for me then I move to Lap and IVF. Their are a lot of women clomid helps and some it doesn't. It's always the one of the first that doctors try. I see you are on met.. Do you have PCOS? What were your glucose & insulin levels before going on met?

Quote Originally Posted by baby2008
    The results are in...my progesterone was a whopping 14.2! ugh *feels like someone hit me in the stomach* My previous months results were 20.8 and 22.6. Of course that was on 200mg and I only took 100mg this month. (sounds like I need the 200mg) I really felt like they would call and say that it was 30-something. I did have it drawn a day early, but I know it should still be above 15. I really really felt like this was our month. I am trying to stay hopeful...it is just not coming easy after hearing that.
    It can still be your month.. You did "O" either way it goes.. So just hang in there and don't give up yet.. This is your first month doing the dose you were suppose to do. Yes they like to see it 15 or over.. Which could have changed in a day.. Since you were at 14.2.. Anything over 5 is an "O" over 10 can be a nice viable "O". What did your doctor say when they told you the results?

Paula, Don't worry...you didn't upset me. I didn't mean for it to come across like that. I am just so incredibly nervous and scared. This may be the last medical treatment we get to do. I can't continue to afford the medical bills that this is costing. Insurance doesn't cover any of it. I just don't want to "waste" money if my hormones aren't going to cooperate for this cycle, KWIM? I feel like I can't trust what they tell me...last month they said my levels were normal at 168 and I didn't know any better until after the fact. After reading all that information, now I know how NOT normal those levels were. I was supposed to of been at around 600 last month! That is such a significant difference! I don't really have any other option but to trust what they tell me. I will voice my opinion when I go in on MON for the IUI though. I want answers. I just wish had an endless amount of $$ so that I could do all the med. treatment I wanted and give all you guys $$ to do the same. Unfortunately, I keep having to rob Peter to pay Paul, ya know? My med bills alone last cycle were $1,200. Add that to the mortage and ALL the other mandatory bills and I'm really stretching it thin!

I'm rambling...I need to stop now!
    I KWUM.. I don't have insurance so everything is out of pocket for me too, So I know how you feel. It's rather expensive.. If I didn't have some money coming in in about another month for something that happen years ago.. I wouldn't be able to afford the IVF I may have to have in a couple of months. Thank God for that.. or Clomid would be my only option and I think it's time to move on if I'm not pg after this month. Most people don't do 15 cycles like I have. Good Luck monday.. I'll be thinking and praying for you..

Sara???? Amy??? Where you guys at??? I hope you two are ok!!! I miss ya!!!!

Hey Paula!!! You hanging in there??? :?: Are you having your progesterone drawn tomorrow? One more week....we CAN make it!

I did not talk to my dr. today. He only works half a day on Friday, so by the time the lab came in, he was gone. I convinced the lab to tell me my results! They did not want to but I talked the girl into it. She says the dr. will look at them on Monday and call that evening. Who knows what he will say! I hope I am not far off from a BFP by then! AND YOU TOO!!!!

I was VERY dissapointed today when they called. I guess I would have felt better if it was really high...however, you are right, I know I O'd! So, I guess that is what matters! We will find out if it worked very soon!!!

Are you really waiting until the 8th to test? There is no way I will make it that long!!!

Hey Paula!!! You hanging in there??? :?: Are you having your progesterone drawn tomorrow? One more week....we CAN make it!

I did not talk to my dr. today. He only works half a day on Friday, so by the time the lab came in, he was gone. I convinced the lab to tell me my results! They did not want to but I talked the girl into it. She says the dr. will look at them on Monday and call that evening. Who knows what he will say! I hope I am not far off from a BFP by then! AND YOU TOO!!!!

I was VERY dissapointed today when they called. I guess I would have felt better if it was really high...however, you are right, I know I O'd! So, I guess that is what matters! We will find out if it worked very soon!!!

Are you really waiting until the 8th to test? There is no way I will make it that long!!!
    No, my doctor doesn't do the test every month.. once you "O" they know they don't have to adjust the meds so they only do the test until they feel they have me on the right dose.

Well, let me know what all he has to say on Monday.. Did you ever tell him that you were doubling up on doses? I really hope you get a bfp this month but if not.. I would have then monitor you on the next cycle if at all possible.

Yea.. I always at least try to wait until AF is late.. I hate seeing BFN's.. I hate seeing AF show her ugly face as well. I will probably end up testing early.. but I'm going to try and wait. When are you planning on testing?

Well, I really want to test on Monday. It is DH's b'day. How great would that be? I know that is still very early, but I will probablly take one that day. I will probablly end up testing everyday after that too! I can't help myself. I don't like seeing those dang BFN's either, but I guess my POAS addiction is stronger.

I never told my dr. that I had been doubling the dose. :!: He would FREAK! I think I will just keep it to myself and chalk it up as a lesson learned. I do hope that he calls Monday with a optimistic attitude. It would be great if he said..."Well lets see if you get a BFP." - rather than "OK, next month we should_______________." --- My dr. is bad about doing that. The past two months he just jumped past my 2ww to "the next month." ugh. *so annoying* :?

Well, I hope we both do not have a "next month" this time!!!!

Well, I really want to test on Monday. It is DH's b'day. How great would that be? I know that is still very early, but I will probablly take one that day. I will probablly end up testing everyday after that too! I can't help myself. I don't like seeing those dang BFN's either, but I guess my POAS addiction is stronger.

I never told my dr. that I had been doubling the dose. :!: He would FREAK! I think I will just keep it to myself and chalk it up as a lesson learned. I do hope that he calls Monday with a optimistic attitude. It would be great if he said..."Well lets see if you get a BFP." - rather than "OK, next month we should_______________." --- My dr. is bad about doing that. The past two months he just jumped past my 2ww to "the next month." ugh. *so annoying* :?

Well, I hope we both do not have a "next month" this time!!!!
    LOL.. Yea he may freak a little. I hope we both DON'T have a next month too! Well.. hopefully he will be optimistic when he calls.. some doctors are that way though.

You need to put your hands up and step away from the stick!!!

Can some one help me in adding my signature .. how do we do it????

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah111
    Can some one help me in adding my signature .. how do we do it????
    At the top of this page.. below the american pregnancy thingy.. you will see buttons that go all the way across.. Click on profile.. and you will see where it says to put you signature. There you can add photo's or type what ever you would like up to I think 5 lines.

Paula, I cannot see that signature stuff in my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah111
    Paula, I cannot see that signature stuff in my profile
    In your profile it's the second green box.. and it's the last one in that section.. wait a minute which version are you using? Is the surroundings of this post blue or green??

Quote Originally Posted by paula0471
    Awww.. I'm so sorry Susan. I think it's the unknown for some men that may scare them that it may cause the child to be born with birth defects. Really for women like me.. before I went on Clomid I had three m/c because the eggs I was producing on my own were immature. On my own I had a greater chance of having a baby with birth defects then with fertility drug help, because my hormones were so out of wack! Clomid doesn't raise the % much on multiple babies.. Now.. some of your injectable do and IVF has a higher risk of twins if more then one egg is transferred. Do you know anyone that lives near by that's been through any of this? Maybe they can sit down and tell your DH their experience.. I'm sure he is pretty stubborn.. I would say take him to the doctor with you and have the doctor explain. I just really feel for you.. I wish he was more understanding then he is being! Most doctors won't allow you to be on Clomid for more then 6 months in a row.. Yes.. I've been on 15 cycles of clomid but this is over a 6 year period.. the first two were 6 months each.. and this one is 3 months.. After this month if no bfp for me then I move to Lap and IVF. Their are a lot of women clomid helps and some it doesn't. It's always the one of the first that doctors try. I see you are on met.. Do you have PCOS? What were your glucose & insulin levels before going on met?
    Thanks Paula...you are so sweet! I feel so supported here. I am going to try to educate DH on the Clomid....maybe taking him to the doctor with me is a good idea.

No blood tests were done before my doc put me on the metformin. She just went by what was in my file.

First let me explain my doc situation. I had a OB-GYN for years...since I was about 15. When I first went to him he did blood work to see why I hadn't had a period for about a year. I think he said the levels were in the normal range (don't remeber what they were) and put me on BC. About 6 years ago I went to a GYN who was supposed to be good with PCOS patients. He did a vaginal u/s and diagnosed me. He put me on metformin but it made me so sick and I wasn't wanting to be PG then that I stopped taking it and went back on the pill. He was a few hours away do I decided not to go back...to far for me to drive. Then my regular doc retired and now I have a new one. Everything I have had done is in my file so I guess she thought why test again.

Maybe if the met doesn't work I need to request some tests?