Page 11 of 593 FirstFirst ... 910111213 21 61 111 511 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid Blog

Kimmie Guest

7.9....I was told on a medicated cycle with Clomid it should be above 15 and on a non-med cycle it should be 10. On 50 mg I got an 9.4 and 11.8 on 2 cycles and had to be upped to 100 mgs for not ovulating well. I have never heard below 10 being normal and considered a good ovulation. Maybe Paula knows something.

AMY,
    GOOOOOOD LUUUUCCCCKKKKKK!!! GOOD LUCK, GOOD LUCK, AND GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!! I HOPE THIS IS YOUR MONTH!!!!!

:x Maybe I heard her wrong... I dunno... I just called them back and left a message... dadblast it!!! Yeah that sounds way to low to me too.. I'll keep ya'll posted

Kimmie Guest

Maybe they said 17.9...that would be more like it. All the research and info I have gotten from my RE and OB says it must be above 10 to indicate ovulation. Most RE's require above 15 when on fertility meds. Paula may know something on this...all docs are different and maybe hers has another standard they go by.

what do you make of my temp drop kimmie? quite a fall huh? that worries me too.

Kimmie Guest

Honestly, it coincides with a weak ovulation that is non-viable. My temps did that when my Progesterone was below 15. I would only get to 7-9 DPO and then AF would come. The four times I got PG with bad Progesterone levels and weak ovulations I m/c each time. That is when they upped me to 100 mg of Clomid and gave me Prometrium.

Now my 2-4 DPO Progesterone to prove 'o' happened is between 16-25 usally and at 7 DPO to be sure I am not dropping in Progesterone is over 26...which is what they want for a healthy PG.

I personally think you need a higher dose of Clomid. A temp drop that significant is not a very welcoming sign. It could be a fluke temp...but who knows. I still think 7.9 is too low from what I know. I am hoping Paula's RE has a different scale...as I hate being the party pooper all the time and would like to be wrong on this

K i got the call back.. it WAS 7.9. She said it was perfectly fine. That is so weird...
    BEFORE I was on clomid it was 11.9 she said.. Now how messed up is that?

Kimmie Guest

Are you seeing an RE? I mean thatis really weird. I called my RE and asked what the normal numbers were and if they were universal and she said 10 is the ultimate lowest to confirm ovulation and it was universal. I am totally confused now.

My OB used to tell me things were okay when they weren't and that is why I left him. He misdaignosed me 3 times and could have cared less about my numbers...it cost me 5 babies.

I hope Paula can shed some light on this. She has much more knowledge about assisted repro than I do. I have only done Clomid.

HEY GALS,
    JUST FOLLOWING ALONG WITH THE POSTS. NOW I'M TOTALLY CONFUSED TOO. AFTER MY RE APPT. YESTERDAY I AM WONDERING IF ANY OF THESE DANG DR.S KNOW WHAT THE ARE DOING???? SORRY TO BE A DOWNER I'M STILL MAD ABOUT YESTERDAY!!! I REALLY WANT THIS TO WORK OUT FOR YOU AMY!!!!!!

PAULA,
    I THINK WE ALL MISS YOU... PLEASE COME VISIT.. I THINK WE COULD ALL USE SOME OF YOUR WISDOM AND GOOD OUTLOOK ON THINGS!!!!

she isn't an RE... we don't have one in my area.. My docotor, shes a CFNP. (not sure what it is.. ceritifed somethin or other) she's been real straight forward with me. But I am wondering what the heck is going on now. I always thought 10 or above was what it was supposed to be for a viable ovulation. GRRR and being on the clomid you'd think it would be way way higher.

PAULA WE NEEEEED YOUUUUUUUU!!!!!

I found this:

Progesterone levels vary considerably from cycle to cycle and woman to woman, both non-pregnant and pregnant. So the levels can only be averages and they change with the timing of the cycle. In general, the midluteal (middle of the second half of the cycle) progesterone in a non-pregnant patient is 8 to 10, but can be as high as 20 ng/ml. In a pregnancy cycle, it should be greater than 10 to 12 ng/ml to have a better chance of a good pregnancy outcome, but in general, we like to see 16 or over.

Everyone you ask will have slightly different numbers. Also there are differences as to what to do if the levels are low, with some docs giving progesterone (pills, shots, suppositories) and others not treating unless there has been some proof of a preexisting low progesterone in non-pregnancy cycles.

Kimmie Guest

Did the study say a post-o patient vs a non-PG patient? I have seen studies for Progesterone for proof of ovulation....I will have to go find them...they are somewhere on this computer...LOL!!

A certilfied nurse practicianer. They do not know all the ins and outs on fertility. Is this CFNP with your general practicianer or OB? Really, the RE is the best option. I waisted $20,000, 2 years, and 5 babies with a OB and GP. Becareful, is all I am saying. I would not want what happened to me to happen to you too.

She used to be at the OB/GYN place we have here.. then she moved to the GP..

this is the link to the place I found that article

http://parenting.ivillage.com/ttc/0,,4670,00.html.

I'd like to see the studies you have if you can find them.. but please don't go out of your way to do so just for lil ol me k... lol...

I have excellent insurance right now. but it doesn't cover fertility..(of course :roll: ) So. SO far I haven't had ANY out of pocket expense except for the clomid... and I have only done one cycle of that.

WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE SO COMPLICATED> I am about to rip my hair out!!!!

Kimmie Guest

I have some great medical sources...I am going to look those up tonight and tomorrow AM and get them on here. I was told my insurence does not cover IF either...yet the way the RE bills it they do cover...except meds. Have you talked to your OB...sometimes they know more than a GP. They are the middle man. Your GP could make you a referral to an OB who knows more about IF and could help you.

I honestly don't have an OB... :oops: :oops: I need to get one I suppose huh. If I don't get preg this cycle I will have my Doc refer me to one. Sigh,,,, I just didn't think .... in a million years....... having a baby would be so difficult... :?

PAULA OH PAULA WHERE YOU BE TONIGHT??????

AMY,
    I KNOW I'VE BEEN IN A BAD MOOD TODAY & YESTERDAY.. I'M SORRY!!! I WAS SO HOPING THAT ONE OF US WAS GOING TO HAVE A GOOD MONTH.. I'M OUT OF THE RUNNING.. NOT MAD ABOUT IT ANYMORE.. I STILL HOPE THIS TURNS OUT TO BE A GOOD MONTH FOR YOU!!!! YOU KNOW IT STILL COULD BE A GOOD MONTH FOR YOU!!!! I KNOW THINGS SEEM KIND OF DOWN FOR YOU RIGHT NOW,,BUT DON'T YOU GIVE UP HOPE JUST YET!!!! EVEN IF AF SHOWS UP THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT MONTH... I'M SORRY IF MY NEGATIVE ATTITUDE THE LAST 2 DAYS HAS BROUGHT YOU DOWN AT ALL.. YOU HAVE BEEN SO WONDERFUL TO ME AND I'LL NEVER FORGET IT!!! JUST KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!
    LOVE YA LOT'S,
    SARA

Aw, Sara, your fine... I didn't think you sounded bad at all... I totally understand your frustration... This TTC crap is really taking a toll on me too... I am seriously considering giving up... Every month the disappointment of a BFN is getting worse and worse. My heart just can't break anymore, ya know?

I am so so sorry things didn't go for you this month...I was really hoping we could be preg together... but at this rate I think I am gonna be out of the running too...

Chin up girlie...

Quote Originally Posted by AmyMartin
    what do you make of my temp drop kimmie? quite a fall huh? that worries me too.
    Amy, I am so sorry.. Your temp drop doesn't look good and it's to early for it to be taking a dive, it shouldn't take a dive until just before AF.. Also I agree with Kimmie.. They like to see 15 or over for medicated cycles and 10 and over for un-medicated cycles. Any # over 5 means you ovulated from what I remember.. I'll have to go back and look.. but normally if it's under 10 it's not viable and was most likely an immature egg released I was so hoping you heard the doctor wrong and it was 17.9.. What's your diagnose again? I agree with Kimmie.. they need to up your dose of clomid.. , they need to up the dose so you will ovulate stronger with bigger follies... You may want to ask to be monitored as well.. If AF comes early.. then you may be having a problem with your LP. I really think you need to get you an OB/GYN.. someone who may be more specialized in infertility issues. Just as Kimmie said.. I am so sorry to give you bad news.. This month all we can do is wait and see what happens.. But if AF comes then I would ask for them to up the dose to 100mg. (((HUGS))) The main thing right now is to get you on the right dose and ovulating strongly so that you can get pregnant!

Sara, It's perfectly normal for you to be upset.. right out mad and even envy others who don't have to go through what we do.. Each month I get AF.. It really breaks my heart.. Makes me mad.. and I so envy those who get their BFP's .. Don't get me wrong.. I'm happy for them.. but I can't help but wish it was me. So I know how you feel.. I'm sure everyone here knows exactly what you are going through right now.. and if you need to vent we are here for you. Just keep saying to yourself.. It's going to happen.. I will get my BFP! I know you have limited time.. What I would do is.. give clomid three months.. then move on to something else if it doesn't work for you and your insurance will pay for it. Just hang in there, it's going to happen!!!! I know you already know this.. But I'm here for you if you need me!

Kimmie, I'm so sorry that you wasted so much time with your other doctor and had so many losses. It breaks my heart to hear that someone has had losses.. I know how it feels and I don't wish what we are all going through on anyone.. It's just not fair! Good Luck.. I hope the doctor you have now can get you to a BFP that's super sticky!

If I missed anyone else's post.. Let me know..

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Quote Originally Posted by AmyMartin
    Aw, Sara, your fine... I didn't think you sounded bad at all... I totally understand your frustration... This TTC crap is really taking a toll on me too... I am seriously considering giving up... Every month the disappointment of a BFN is getting worse and worse. My heart just can't break anymore, ya know?

I am so so sorry things didn't go for you this month...I was really hoping we could be preg together... but at this rate I think I am gonna be out of the running too...

Chin up girlie...
    Don't give up Amy.. I've been doing this since 2001 with a few breaks in between.. I know how hard it is and exactly how you feel. But it will happen.. Their are women on these boards who have been doing this longer then me and some not as long as me and got their BFP's. You see BFP's on the boards every day.. If it can happen for them then it can happen for us.. So don't give up hope.. It might not be this month.. But it's going to happen!!! I know it will!!! I know right now you just want to scream and give it all up.. But it's going to be well worth all this in the end.. I'm here for ya if you need me.

I just don't understand... we do EVERYTHING to the letter. Temping, charting, counting, BDing at certain times, Meds, WHY DOESN"T IT WORK?
    I am just hating life right now. I'm sorry.. I know I am all whiney and pissy. I am just so disappointed I could throw up.

PAULA,,,, & AMY,,,,,
    I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW,,, EVERY TIME I'M DOWN YOU PICK ME UP!!! THERE ARE A COUPLE OF WOMEN HERE WHO REALLY HELP ME OUT AND YOU ARE DEFINATLY ONE OF THE TOP!!!! I REALLY AM HAPPY I FOUND THIS BOARD AND YOU AND AMY!!!!! YA'LL HAVE BEEN KEEPING ME SANE!!!!! EVERY TIME I CHECK THIS BOARD AND I SEE EIHTER ONE OF YOU POSTED I HAVE TO CHECK IT OUT!!! I REALLY DO HOPE BOTH OF YOU MOVE ON...(I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE TO SAY BUT I'LL PM YOU BOTH THURSDAY...) I DON'T THINK I COULD GO THROUGH ANY MORE OF THIS IF IT WASN'T FOR YA'LL!!! I KNOW I'VE BEEN OVER EMOTIONAL LATLEY,, I CAN'T HELP IT,, BUT YA'LL UNDERSTAND AND I NEED THAT SO MUCH....I LOVE YA'LL!!!!!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THIS MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amy.. It's ok and understandable for you to be feeling this way and we all know how you feel. Vent.. scream.. do what ever you feel you need at this moment.. but just remember everything is going to work out and you will hold your very own bundle of joy.. even if it doesn't seem possible right now.. It's going to happen!

Sara, I feel the same way about you.. Thank you.. Without you guys I would have went insane a while ago.. This last AF was really hard on me and I was where you and Amy are right now.. I can imagine on the 9th if AF comes.. I will even be in a worse state this month because as of right now it will be my last month on Clomid.. my RE wants me to move on to lap and ivf, especially because of my age.. can't spend to much time on one thing.. Running out of time I guess.. I don't really feel old though..lol... I'm so scared.. I feel like everyone else who is faced with infertility and feel like nothing is going to work at times.. I'm scared if I move on to IVF and it doesn't work then it will just kill me. Anyways.. I just want you to know I really know how you feel and love ya too!

I think the world of both you and Amy!

I do want to tell ya'll that I have seen lots of ladies who have gotten pregnant on Clomid.. It doesn't always happen on the first try and some time doesn't until the 3 or 4th or more tries.. A really good friend of mine.. She has PCOS too and on top of that she had a really high thyroid.. I talked her into going to my doctor a while back.. She went on clomid.. The second month they bumped her up to 100 mg.. and the third month she got pg.. One of the ladies that was posting here.. Got pregnant on her first month on clomid.. It happens.. I'm sure if my husband and I didn't have the problems we are having with his back.. it's possible.. We might would be pg as well. I just really think you both need to hang in there.. If clomid isn't for you.. Then their are other things you can do.. Just stay positive..

Hey everyone! How is everybody today?

Paula~ Is this not dragging by??? :? I am going CRAZY!!! I have been extra weepy the past few days. I cried last night at the TV show American Inventor! lol DH was like WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? This is the first month I have been like this...so maybe it is a good thing! :?:

Amy & Sarah~ I hope ya'll are doing OK! I know these past few weeks have been rough on you both. I am so sorry. I hope you can both keep your chins up and graduate from here very soon!!! You are such sweet girls and I know that no one deserves this more than the two of you and Paula!!!

As for me...I am going to have my progesterone drawn in the morning. I am feeling a lot of anxiety about it for some reason. I guess I am just scared that they will come back and say that it is low. This is my first month on 100mg after being on 200mg the past two months. I will let you know when I get my results back. It will probablly be Saturday morning.

Talk to you all soon!!!
    ~Kris~ Blessed with 4 boys! Our baby boy is a miracle baby!After a diagnosis of placenta percreta/complete previa/PIH/severe anemia/IUGR/Oligohydramnios and a c/s, hysterectomy, bladder resection, and tons of blood transfussions later....he was born healthy @ 36 weeks, against all odds!!!

KRISTEN,
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR TEST TOMORROW!!!!!!! I HOPE IT GOES WELL FOR YOU!!!! HIGH #'S, HIGH #'S , HIGH #'S!!!! PRAYING FOR HIGH NUMBERS FOR YOU!!!!!!

OH PAULA,
    I REALLY HOPE THAT THIS IS YOUR MONTH... GOD KNOWS YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR KIND WORDS!!!!!!

WELL I'LL CHECK BACK TONIGHT.... I GET TO BABYSIT MY 2 WEEK OLD NEICE THIS AFTERNOON.. I LOVE HAVING HER HERE!!!! ALL SHE DOES IS SLEEP AND CRY, BUT IT STILL MAKES ME HAPPY.. I CAN'T STOP THE SMILES WHEN SHE'S HERE!!!

AMY WHERE ARE YOU??? I HOPE EVERYTHING IS OKAY WITH YOU TODAY!!!

HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH EVERYONE!!!!

well I didn't bother temping this morning... I didn't sleep worth a hoot last night. I tossed and turned... hot and cold flashes. I know if I would have temped it would either shoot straight up or go way down... either way it would have been a fluke result.

I am really irritable today. I have a headache that is threatening to come on full force... took some tylenol... hopefully it'll catch it before it turns into a migraine or something.
    Also real bloated today.. NONE of my clothes fit right. BB's still hurt.. and my whole body aches.

Still trying to stay positive. I swear..

Good Luck Paula... I pray and pray this is your month!!!

Sara... i've been in and outta here... just kinda lurking.. Have fun with you niece!!!
    Talk to everyone later.

Kimmie Guest

Hey all...I was off the comuter most of the eve last night and most of the late morn early afternoon. I am sorry things are rough Amy.

It is like Clomid roulette. It can take a bit to find the right dose. I would get an OB so they will up your dose for next cycle. It really sucks to have to try so hard. We have been at this for so long now. It actually has become 2nd nature - scarey enough.

Thanks Paula....it is not something I would ever want anyone to go through ever. I cannot decide which is worse....never seeing a BFP in all that time TTCing or losing each BFP every time.

30. Default

THOUGHT I'D POST THIS IN HERE TOO. ;)

Well, I had my u/s this AM. Dr. said things look good. I have several follies in my right ovary but non of them are mature. I have one "nice" follie in my Left ovary that currently measures 16mm give or take. They are hoping to do my 2nd IUI on MONDAY!! I was soooo surprised! B/c last month, my IUI wasn't until CD20. I had 2 follies that I Oed last month but when I talked to the Dr. today she was going over my records from last month with me, comparing this cycle with last. She then informed my that my estridol levels were only 168 last month. ONLY?!?! I was like, so, that's not good? She said, no, not for 2 eggs. I was like, WTH?? Why did no one tell me this last month!?! In any event, I had to do more blood work. They drew blood for estridol and LH levels. I should have results soon...I hope. She also told me that my uterine lining measures about 5.8 mm right now. She said she wants it to be a little thicker b/f O. They went ahead and gave me my trigger and I'll find out later when I'm to use it.

Please pray for me, girls! Pray that this is it! Pray that this single little follie is all that's needed.

I'll keep ya posted on what the BW results are. ;)

UPDATE: Dr. just called and my LH is still low, so no surge yet. My Estridol is at 76 which she said was fine? I'm hoping that's right cause I don't have a chart or anything to go by?? They said if I don't have a + on my OPK by Saturday AM, they want me to trigger on Sat night and the IUI will be on Monday. Ok, now the butterflies have started!! Eeeekkk...Here we go again!
    After over FOUR years of STC...We are going to Adopt...hopefully God will lead us in this new chapter of our journey!