Page 3 of 593 FirstFirst 12345 13 53 103 503 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid Blog

Hey Jillmo

I have read that Clomid can cause weight gain. . .I am up 3lbs from winter weight gain which I haven't been able to lose but that was pre-Clomid. I think the stress w/ ttc makes it that much harder to resist the cookies, cakes. etc that appear at work all the time. . .and then there is the little voice in the back of your head saying "well if you're pregnant you're just going to gain weight anyway so why bother to lose 3lbs?"

Ahh but that's a whole other conversation isnt' it?

Hang in there hon!

Jillmo77
    Posted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just wondering...has anyone else gained weight as a result of our little friend Clomid, or is it just me. I'm in a big funk today. I was going through my closet switching to my summer wardrobe and it seems that NONE of my clothes fit me anymore. Not even just a little tight, but sending them to Goodwill tight. This is frustrating and depressing.
    I haven't had really a problem with gaining weight from it. I lost 45 lbs this past year from dieting. But Since ttc I haven't really gained or lost.. Now.. since I've been taking the clomid.. I've been experiencing :oops: constipation :oops: I've been having a lot of problems this week with that.. So when I went to the RE today.. I had gained 1 lb.. but she said it was probably due to me being constipated :oops: , so she didn't fuss at me.. She told me to add Colace to my daily routine. I did ask her what calorie intake I should be at and she told me during the 2ww that I should take in between 1500 and 2000. She said during the first two weeks of my cycle (Before "O") I can diet.. She knows I eat less then a 1000 when dieting.. So I don't know.. I guess everyone is different though, so it could be the clomid.

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Here's my RE Update today(it's also has it's on thread):

Well, today was my trip to the RE. She went over her recommendation of what she see's happening in the next few months. I am in the TWW now.. if I'm not pregnant this time around (test June 6) She wants to do one more month of clomid. If unsuccessful.. Then we will do a lap in July to see if I have any scar tissue in my tubes from the C- Section I had 16 and half years ago.. if I do.. They will trim that back some.. If that's the case then they may want to try one or two more cycles of clomid.. If not.. then she told me she would like to go ahead and move on to IVF in Aug. because of my age (36) Which I'm not to happy about either.. I asked her about IUI and she said she didn't feel that would be a very good option for me because DH S/A was really good, so she didn't think it would improve my chances. They don't do the test to see if you have hostel CM.. She said a lot of RE's don't use that test because your CM can change from month to month and the studies have came back inconclusive. I did ask about the MC Panel and she said she would rather wait until last option on it because it's rather expensive and the only treatment is Baby Aspirin (which I'm already on ) and Heparin. She did add a few things to my list of daily supplements today.. She told me to keep taking the Baby Aspirin and prenatal, She told me to get Prenatal Omega 3 which I found at my local Rainbow Co-op Health food store. My blood is rather thick and she said taking it and the baby aspirin would not hurt me because of it. She also told me to take Colace daily, I've been having problems with :oops: Constipation :oops:
    So I'm on...
    Baby Aspirin 81mg a day
    Prenatal
    Prenatal Omega (I'll post the name and all info on the fish oil thread)
    Colace ( start off on 1 a day and can increase up to 3 a day if needed)
    and Comid cd 5-9

She told me I can diet in the first two weeks of cycle.. But she wants me to eat between 1500 and 2000 calories in my 2ww.

They took blood and are running these test on me and I'll know the results next week.
    TSH
    Glucose
    Prolactin
    Testosterone
    DHEA

I asked about the FSH test to see what my reserve looks like and she said because I'm "Oing" on the Clomid my reserve is fine (even though she made a big to do da about my age being a factor and that after 35 I'm going down hill :roll: nice of her to share that huh?)

She didn't fuss about my weight.. I did gain 1 lb.. but she said that was probably because of the constipation. She really hasn't fussed about my weight because I lost the 45 lbs before TTC this time around.

I'm really scare about most likely having to go the IVF round.. after reading all of the stories of what you IVF ladies have went through.. I'm scared to death.

Well, sorry this was so long.. But it was a long visit with the RE.. My husband said he felt like we were never gonna stop talking.. (he said she was probably thinking.. with everything I was asking why didn't I treat myself.. I told him I would rather have control over my treatment, then not to have any control or not even know what's going on) He said he wants to do the iVF in Aug if I'm not pregnant by then.. He thought it would be cool to torture me with the PIO shots :roll:

Well.. I think that's all..lol.. I so hope I get a BFP this month.

Good luck, Paula! I so hope you get a BFP too. I hope you don't need to do IVF, and you'll get your BFP before August, but please feel free ask away about the process if you need to!
    Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait2bmom
    Good luck, Paula! I so hope you get a BFP too. I hope you don't need to do IVF, and you'll get your BFP before August, but please feel free ask away about the process if you need to!
    Thanks.. I may take you up on that offer.. Because the idea IVF is rather freakin me out.. I really didn't think I was at that point yet. thought I would have other options before moving to lap test and then IVF.

Thanks for your support!

Paula

Well it's good to have a plan. . .I know you are worried about IVF, but at least you know you are doing everything possible! Just take one step at a time. . .maybe a BFP will make this all moot!!

Jillmo

Hey, did you have a progesterone level this month? C'mon don't hold out on us. . .

I am going tomorrow for my 7DPO progesterone to see if it's up on Clomid. Last time (unmedicated) was 14.7. So, we'll see!!

Hang in there girls!! Have a great long weekend!

I'm so glad that I found this blog. I just got my first cycle of clomid today and I'm so unsure of what to expect! Reading in here has been a great help! I start my 5 days on Monday, so I'll keep y'all updated! Thanks again...Chelseaxoxo

Jillmo77 Guest

Paula congrats on all that weight loss, that's amazing. Hopefully you'll get the BFP before you have to consider that scary next step. My doctor hasn't ordered any labs for me yet. I think she'll do that if I don't get pregnant after two months on the Clomid. So I have no idea what my levels are. Sorry to disappoint. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend.

Jillmo77 Guest

Hey all. I was waiting to test with the FRER tomorrow (5 days before AF is due) and of course, I couldn't wait. And guess what...
    BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP!!
    I know it is very early and I'm praying that this one sticks. After my miscarriage in March, I am really afraid of going through that again. Please let this be the one. So freaking excited and scared, but hey, I got the BFP!!!!!
    jill

Paula ..Well it's good to have a plan. . .I know you are worried about IVF, but at least you know you are doing everything possible! Just take one step at a time. . .maybe a BFP will make this all moot!!

Jillmo ..Hey, did you have a progesterone level this month? C'mon don't hold out on us. . .

I am going tomorrow for my 7DPO progesterone to see if it's up on Clomid. Last time (unmedicated) was 14.7. So, we'll see!!
    Thanks.. I hope so.. I had my progesterone taking last month.. It was 27.6.. that's the reason we thought I released more then one egg because it was so high.. Please post as soon as you get your results back.. Hoping for good #'s for you.. So you know the clomid is doing it's job. Hopefully you get a BFP this month!!!

SEASEA
    I'm so glad that I found this blog. I just got my first cycle of clomid today and I'm so unsure of what to expect! Reading in here has been a great help! I start my 5 days on Monday, so I'll keep y'all updated! Thanks again...Chelseaxoxo
    Welcome to the clomid blog... We are so glad you are here to share your experience! Yes please keep us updated on how your clomid treatment is going. I look forward to chatting with you.

Jillmo77
    Paula congrats on all that weight loss, that's amazing. Hopefully you'll get the BFP before you have to consider that scary next step. My doctor hasn't ordered any labs for me yet. I think she'll do that if I don't get pregnant after two months on the Clomid. So I have no idea what my levels are. Sorry to disappoint. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend.
    Thanks! Yea I'm sure she will order them after your second cycle if you don't suceed before then. I had my HSG the first month and an MLP.. With me having PCOS she wanted to check and make sure these hormones were not out of wack and causing problems for me.. and if nothing happens by July.. They are going to do the lap to see what's going on in there.

Well hopefully we get our BFP's this month and don't have to worry about moving on to more testing.. BFP vibes for us all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillmo77
    Hey all. I was waiting to test with the FRER tomorrow (5 days before AF is due) and of course, I couldn't wait. And guess what...
    BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP BFP!!
    I know it is very early and I'm praying that this one sticks. After my miscarriage in March, I am really afraid of going through that again. Please let this be the one. So freaking excited and scared, but hey, I got the BFP!!!!!
    jill
    OMG!!!!! OH WOW!!!!! I am so freaking happy for you right now!!!! Oh wow.. This is soooo exciting!!!! Congrats.. Make sure you keep us updated, I wanna know all the details!!!!!

Sending lots of sticky vibes

I'm so glad to see one of us Clomid gals get to graduate!!!! This is soooooo wonderful!!!! Can you tell I'm excited for you???

Jillmo77 Guest

Thank you so much Paula. I am sitting here shaking with disbelief. I just hope I didn't jinx it by saying so soon. A lot can still go wrong. But, I am going to focus on the positive. DH is at work and I told him to pick up more tests on his way home just to be sure. I hope with all my heart that you all get the same results.

Jillmo!!!!

OMG Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Sending lots of sticky baby vibes your way!

*****sticky baby dust************

Well I had my progesterone checked this AM and it was 15.1, Not a big improvement from last months unmedicated 14.7. So, I dont' know what that means, but I guess I'm not too happy about it. I was really hoping it would be at least 20. I guess I'll wait and see what the Dr. says.

I really hope we can graduate this month!! Maybe Jillmo is our lucky charm!

Quote Originally Posted by Jillmo77
    Thank you so much Paula. I am sitting here shaking with disbelief. I just hope I didn't jinx it by saying so soon. A lot can still go wrong. But, I am going to focus on the positive. DH is at work and I told him to pick up more tests on his way home just to be sure. I hope with all my heart that you all get the same results.
    Thanks Jill, Well you have to remember with the help of clomid you made a much stronger egg.. So stay possitive.. Do you have a BBT chart?? I wanna see what your temps looked like this month!!! You just don't know how happy I am for you, it gives me great hope that one of my clomid friends got a BFP!!! I would go ahead and call your doctor first thing Tuesday and get in for blood test so they can monitor your progress.

Well I had my progesterone checked this AM and it was 15.1, Not a big improvement from last months unmedicated 14.7. So, I dont' know what that means, but I guess I'm not too happy about it. I was really hoping it would be at least 20. I guess I'll wait and see what the Dr. says.

I really hope we can graduate this month!! Maybe Jillmo is our lucky charm!
    Everything I've read says you should have 15 or greater for medicated. So I would say your progesterone is fine.. Do you have a LPD? Is that why you are on Clomid? I can't remember if you have mentioned it before. When I was on 50 mg years ago.. I O just fine.. and the highest I ever had was 19.. most of the time it was around 15. So don't worry.. You still had good numbers. and Yes maybe Jill is our good luck charm!!! Hope we all get to graduate together and can share all nine months together.. That would be so cool!!

Jill??? How's it going are you having any symptoms??

So those in the 2ww what symptoms are you having??

I'm 6 dpo... I'm having catches in abdomen and feeling bloated.. When I have to pee badly I feel like my bladder is pushing against something sore.. Friday I was riding in the car and the air made my nip hurt.. but shortly after getting out of the car it stopped.. I haven't had tender bb's like I normally do... I've had sinus problems.. and yesterday I had a REALLY bad headache. I've been tired and some what moody at times. That's really it.. My temps are pretty steady..

Hoping and praying for BFP's for us all!!! Lets graduate together!!!!

Jillmo77 Guest

Hey guys. I'm praying that you get the BFPs too. I'd love to be your good luck charm. I've had some cramping today and I'm really tired. Not much other than that and oh yeah, bloating. Still really nervous, I'm hoping the cramps are implantation signs, not something bad. My chart should be available if you hit the www button at the bottom of this message. My temps were crazy erratic this month though. Keep me updated with your symptoms. Anyone testing soon? My official due date in Feb. 7, 2008. Praying for you all and lots of sticky dust too.

Hey guys. I'm praying that you get the BFPs too. I'd love to be your good luck charm. I've had some cramping today and I'm really tired. Not much other than that and oh yeah, bloating. Still really nervous, I'm hoping the cramps are implantation signs, not something bad. My chart should be available if you hit the www button at the bottom of this message. My temps were crazy erratic this month though. Keep me updated with your symptoms. Anyone testing soon? My official due date in Feb. 7, 2008. Praying for you all and lots of sticky dust too.
    I'm praying your lil'embie sticks sticks sticks!!! I think light cramp are normal in early pg, so I think you will be fine. I looked at your chart.. Wow.. you are right it is rather erratic this month!

I'm suppose to test June 5th I'll be a day late then.. But something weird happen today and don't know what to think.. This is going to have TMI.. Well.. Sad to say.. but I know everyone knows I've been some what constipated lately well I have IBS and had some blood mixed in with my stool. I know this is gross to talk about... I'm sorry.. but don't know what to do... anyways I went to pee and wiped and had pink on the toilet paper.. a very small amount... well.. I took another clean piece of toilet and stuck it about a half an inch inside me and there was a tiny tiny amount on there and some creaminess.... it only happen that one time though.. at first I thought maybe it was from my rear... but after that I think it came from there.. what do you guys thinks going on? Could this be implantation? Or do you think it's possible it came from my rear? I'm 7 dpo... I was having the light cramping and catches yesterday and I've been bloated. I've been having some today too.

NOTHING is too gross to talk about.

I am going to think positive, and think that its implantation spotting.

After all, you have been having some weird symptoms (sore nipples, cramps), plus it was mixed with creaminess, which means it came from your cervix.

I dont think blood from your rear could get up IN your vagina...so it doesnt sound like that, since you put tp inside to check?

I wish I could be more help. I am analyzing every spot, cringe, twinge, flutter..so I know what its like to be confused by your body. Is this something you can talk to your Dr. about? Blood in your stool is not good, but since you have IBS, is this something you have dealt with before?
    I am going to send you extra implantation dust!!!
    Hang in there!

Quote Originally Posted by kateypie35
    NOTHING is too gross to talk about.

I am going to think positive, and think that its implantation spotting.

After all, you have been having some weird symptoms (sore nipples, cramps), plus it was mixed with creaminess, which means it came from your cervix.

I dont think blood from your rear could get up IN your vagina...so it doesnt sound like that, since you put tp inside to check?

I wish I could be more help. I am analyzing every spot, cringe, twinge, flutter..so I know what its like to be confused by your body. Is this something you can talk to your Dr. about? Blood in your stool is not good, but since you have IBS, is this something you have dealt with before?
    I am going to send you extra implantation dust!!!
    Hang in there!
    Well I hope that's it.. It was a real creamy looking pink and was a very small amount, so far I haven't seen it again. Still having the catches.. So I hope it all leads to a BFP! I analyze everything too.. I even made my husband look at the toilet paper.. He wasn't happy about that.. He says I'm weird..

Yea.. I've dealt with IBS for about 15 years now and yes from time to time I have blood in my stool.. or nothing but blood comes out.. I've been put in the hospital before for bleeding to much.. My RE doctor put me on Colace, so hopefully that will help.. She said if I become pg this time that I can take the colace the entire pg without any problems.

I'm voting for implantation!! *finger crossed*
    I have IBS too and haven't ever had a bloody vaginal discharge from it- and obviously you haven't either......
    Now that I know you have the same stomach issues- lemme list a few of the things that make me have to poop: red meat (usually a spicy steak), popcorn (from the movie theater works best), a large glass of apple juice or cider (not watered down) ,watermelon (eat it until your tummy wants to bust), a large salad with iceberg lettuce, just to name a few. Any of these things on an empty stomach and I am running to the bathroom within hours, even if it has been days since I had gone. Eat any of these together in the same day- and I am on the toilet for days afterward!!!

Implantation Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by carriek
    I'm voting for implantation!! *finger crossed*
    I have IBS too and haven't ever had a bloody vaginal discharge from it- and obviously you haven't either......
    Now that I know you have the same stomach issues- lemme list a few of the things that make me have to poop: red meat (usually a spicy steak), popcorn (from the movie theater works best), a large glass of apple juice or cider (not watered down) ,watermelon (eat it until your tummy wants to bust), a large salad with iceberg lettuce, just to name a few. Any of these things on an empty stomach and I am running to the bathroom within hours, even if it has been days since I had gone. Eat any of these together in the same day- and I am on the toilet for days afterward!!!

Implantation Vibes
    Thanks Carrie! I'll have to try a few of those... I already eat a lot of lettuce... I love watermelon during the summer.. So I'll have to go and get me some.. Yum Yum! I'll have to try some of the others too.. Cabbage and corn normally do it for me.. But not this past week.. lol.. The colace is starting to help some.. but not really a lot yet.

I so hope it was implantation and hope thats what all the catches and cramps are from.. Now I wanna poas.. I normally do good about waiting.. but I have the urge.. even though I know at 7 dpo their is no way I would get a BFP even if I am pg. So I have to keep smacking my hand and stay away from the test strip! at least for a few more days...

Quote Originally Posted by paula0471
    So I have to keep smacking my hand and stay away from the test strip! at least for a few more days...

*Put down the stick and come out with your hands up!!!!*

heehee

Paula. . .I hope what you had was implant spotting! You haven't charted temps yet. . hope they are staying up nice for you.

Do you have a LPD? Is that why you are on Clomid? I can't remember if you have mentioned it before.
    Yes I am on Clomid for LPD- I was not happy w/ my progesterone level, but I'll have to wait and see what Dr. says about it. I am happy, though that my temp is still up this AM (10DPO) because lately my LP has been 9 days and my temp is dropped by now. So of course this AM I tested and it was BFN! But I'm just happy I actually got to the point of being able to test, because usually AF comes so quick I don't even get there. So, if not a BFP maybe I'll have a better LP this month.

Well I'm so excited that we've already had a graduate. I hope there's more to come!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Paula. . .I hope what you had was implant spotting! You haven't charted temps yet. . hope they are staying up nice for you.

Do you have a LPD? Is that why you are on Clomid? I can't remember if you have mentioned it before.
    Yes I am on Clomid for LPD- I was not happy w/ my progesterone level, but I'll have to wait and see what Dr. says about it. I am happy, though that my temp is still up this AM (10DPO) because lately my LP has been 9 days and my temp is dropped by now. So of course this AM I tested and it was BFN! But I'm just happy I actually got to the point of being able to test, because usually AF comes so quick I don't even get there. So, if not a BFP maybe I'll have a better LP this month.

Well I'm so excited that we've already had a graduate. I hope there's more to come!!
    I charted my temps online today.. I had a dip yesterday and today my temp was the highest it's been this cycle. (8 dpo) The pink spotting was just that one time yesterday and all three spots were the size of a nickle together.. so it was very little.. So I don't know what it was.. Hoping implatation.. Still having the catches and weird feelings when I move and all.. and sometimes when I sitting still.

Well, I'm glad the clomid is working and giving you a longer LP. I really wouldn't be to upset about the progesterone levels.. Anything over 15 medicated is good. I think some of it has to do with the size of the follie and how many you release.. Last month when I had the 27.6 the night of the day I got my LH surge.. both side were hurting so bad I couldn't even stand up straight.. I didn't sleep for two whole nights.. and had a hard time moving..lol.. I was sore for a week. This time was nothing even close to how it was last month. I really think I released two eggs last month.. the RE said it was very possible. Anyways the main thing is that you have a normal lenth in your LP so that when you get pg it will support it until the placenta can take over..and it looks like that's working... So hopefully this will help you get that BFP!

Okay ladies...I have a new clomid question. This is my 1st cycle and I'm on day 3, 2 more to go. I'm very irritable and I'm already a short fused person..lol. Anyway, any feedback on how long the side effects last. Is it only the 5 days you're on it, or the entire month? Also, I've been told you really 'feel' yourself ovulating. Anyone using the Clear Blue monitor and taking clomid here? I'm sorry to be belting off questions, just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks again!! Chelseaxoxo

Quote Originally Posted by SEASEA
    Okay ladies...I have a new clomid question. This is my 1st cycle and I'm on day 3, 2 more to go. I'm very irritable and I'm already a short fused person..lol. Anyway, any feedback on how long the side effects last. Is it only the 5 days you're on it, or the entire month? Also, I've been told you really 'feel' yourself ovulating. Anyone using the Clear Blue monitor and taking clomid here? I'm sorry to be belting off questions, just trying to figure out what to expect. Thanks again!! Chelseaxoxo
    Hey Chelsea,

For me I'm more irritable while taking the clomid and during my 2ww. It's different for everyone.. But it is all part of clomid. Sorry I couldn't help more on that one.

As far as feeling "O" yes.. The day I get my LH surge on OPK, that night I usually start getting my "o" pains.. It will cramp on one or both sides and you will feel tender and bloated. This month wasn't to bad.. I had the "o" pains about 1 am and they lasted for a few hours.. MY surge lasted three days. Now last month.. We feel I released two eggs and them sucker much have been big.. The night of the surge.. I couldn't stand straight and couldn't sleep because I was so tender and crampy for two days.. I was sore for about 4 days..That's the only time that's ever happen and my progesterone was real high..

I don't use a monitor.. But.. I've heard it doesn't work well with infertility drugs.. Because most of the drugs are to trick your body into doing what it is suppose to or what they want it to. I've never used one.. Because I had read that it doesn't work with those who have PCOS.

Oh yea.. You will notice symptoms in your 2ww on clomid that you wouldn't notice normally.One of them that you might notice is because you can have higher progesterone levels some women experience tender places on their bb's.

Good Luck!

Good luck, Paula!!! Keeping fingers crossed that it is indeed implanation!! How are you feeling today? Any twinges or cramps? Any more discharge?
    Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait2bmom
    Good luck, Paula!!! Keeping fingers crossed that it is indeed implanation!! How are you feeling today? Any twinges or cramps? Any more discharge?
    Thanks so much! I feel completely normal today.. I have had just a few twinges but not as much as I had 6-8 dpo.. I'm 9 dpo today.. I haven't had any more spotting other then that one time. I've had some CM.. like today is abundent and creamy with a little bit of stickiness to it. Still feeling some what tired, but that's it today. I guess we will see how the day goes.. It seems to change from one minute to the next..lol.. I was really :oops: gassy :oops: last night.. DH wasn't to happy about that.. I was soooo :oops:

I so hope you are having a better day today.. You have been in my thoughts so much here lately..

My *&^% temp is down this AM and I am feeling like I am out this month. I am glad that Clomid added 2 days to my LP, but darn it if I'm not sick and tired of the let down month after month.

*pity party*

It is really nice to see so many graduates on the boards though, and I am hopeful for more to get that BFP this month!!!

***baby dust to all***

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    My *&^% temp is down this AM and I am feeling like I am out this month. I am glad that Clomid added 2 days to my LP, but darn it if I'm not sick and tired of the let down month after month.

*pity party*

It is really nice to see so many graduates on the boards though, and I am hopeful for more to get that BFP this month!!!

***baby dust to all***
    I am so sorry Aurora! (((HUGS))) I know how you feel. But atleast you are on the right track now.. YAY for an two extra days of LP!!!! How many days do you have in your LP now??? Atleast now you know that you want start AF before your eggie has a chance to implant!

A really good friend of mine got pg on Clomid... On her 3rd month.. So hang in there... Now that your LP is straight.. Now it won't be no time until you get your BFP!!!

Hi Paula-
    Thank you SO much for all the info. I've found this forum to be so helpful....GREAT IDEA! Anyway, Thank you again and I'll be here often. I'm really hoping that was implantation for you...sending tons of baby dust!!! Chelseaxoxo