Page 2 of 593 FirstFirst 1234 12 52 102 502 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid Blog

JIllmo

I am so sorry you are being jerked around w/ the Diflucan. I work in medicine (i'm a nurse practitioner) although I work in cardiology, so I'm no expert at babymaking medicine. . .but seriously, pharmacists can be a little over the top sometimes. However, I would NEVER give medical advice in this circumstance, but I will tell you to call your dr. and let him know what the pharmacist said. I guess you could use vaginal suppositiories to treat the infection, but you need to talk this over with the doc, and if he wants you to take the Diflucan, that will override the pharmicist.

Just to vent. . .if it's in your system for 1 week, and assuming you ovulate TODAY, that's BARELY enough time for implantation much less development of a placenta and shared circulation. I think it's crap!!!!! Crap!

Jillmo77 Guest

I did call my doctor and she said since I had concerns about taking it and due to some possible complications found in case studies that I hold off and if I get my period I can just take it then. I'm just tired of going back and forth in my mind about it. I am the queen of yeast infections, so I'm sure I can deal with it for a few weeks. Once I'm pregnant I'll probably have one throughout the entire nine months anyways. I just can't seem to avoid them. I'll just sleep better knowing that I didn't do anything at all to flub this month up. I just checked out your chart and no change yet huh? Are you getting antsy or what? I just did my OPK and it's ++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for some BD!!!

yes

Sorry, I got a little trigger happy with the submit button. Yes I am in the medical field (pharmacist) and I totally agree with Aurora but if the doc has gotten cold feet then just forget about diflucan and go with BDing!!! Have Fun!

Jillmo77 Guest

Thanks, should be real sexy with the infection, but hey, whatcha gonna do. Here's hoping that we get some good swimmers and that everyone else gets some eggs soon!! :o

Are you getting antsy or what? I just did my OPK and it's ++++++++++++!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Time for some BD!!!
    Ha! Nothing for me yet. . .am usuallly a late Ovulater anyway, and Clomid can make it late too. . .oh well, nothing to do but wait! (and BD!)

At least one of us is getting some EGG action!! Yeehaw! Catch it!!

Jillmo77 Guest

I had a pretty significant temp drop this morning. Did the BD last night and it was a little sore and this morning I'm kind of crampy. I guess this could be the signs of ovulation. We shall see. Fingers crossed everyone.

yes ma'am you are probably o'ing today.

****catch the egg dust**************************

How's Paula doing??

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    yes ma'am you are probably o'ing today.

****catch the egg dust**************************

How's Paula doing??
    I'm doing good.. Still waiting for "O" started with BD yesterday.. Hopefully DH back with allow us to go every other day until next Wed. that should cover my fertile window and then I'll be in 2ww. I'm starting to have some twinges in my ovaries from time to time.. So I think it's getting ready.. I've had Neg. OPK's.. so I know I'm not "oing" yet. Nothing else really going on. How's your month going so far? When do expect to "O"? Last month I "O" CD 20 with clomid.

All this waiting is fun fun fun :roll:

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

When do expect to "O"?
    Ummm....maybe this weekend? Seems like the OPK line was a bit darker this AM. Maybe I'll have a positive tonight or tomorrow AM. I was hoping it would be early this month, but oh well. It's easier to BD on the weekends anyway right!
    I have been so FATIGUED in the afternoons. . otherwise I feel pretty normal.

C'mon "O"!!!!!!

Well..Today is CD 16.. Which I know most of you know that since some of us are cycle buddies Today.. Was Clomid-melt down day.. Cried for a good hour this evening. Went off on a rude lady.. (felt bad afterwards because that's just not me) Having some twinges and very lite cramps from time to time in my ovaries.. So I would say it's getting ready.. Been very tired and did I mention moody? Poor ol' DH didn't know what to say I haven't had a dip in temps yet.. but I really don't think I'll "O" until the first of the week.. Either Sunday, Monday or Tuesday. Good news is so far this week we have been able to BD every other day.. We started on Wednesday night. So lets hope that we can make it until Wednesday of this coming week!

Praying for a BFP this month!!!

Jillmo77 Guest

Hang in there with the mood swings. I have been so emotional this past week, I thought DH was going to leave me and take refuge in a hotel somewhere!! He is not the patient or sensitive type, let's just say that. He's getting a little better though. He even brought me flowers yesterday to apologize for not being more understanding of my moods. I have not been having a good week, since I just found out that my husband's ex-wife, who I despise is pregnant. She's not even re-married yet and obviously wasn't trying, so of course she can get pg, but not me! :evil:
    It's hard enough to help raise my stepson, since I am more of a mother to him than she is and now all I get to hear about is how excited he is to be a big brother. Well, just needed to have a poor me moment. I'm glad to hear you've been able to BD, just keep it up (no pun intended) and hopefully you'll be in business come monday. Here's to BFPs for us all. Keep thinking positive thoughts and embrace those moods, for once, we have an excuse!!!

Hi guys! I've been lurking in your thread and wanted to say good luck and BFP energy to the three of you!!!

I found a blinkie for you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by carriek
    Hi guys! I've been lurking in your thread and wanted to say good luck and BFP energy to the three of you!!!

I found a blinkie for you!!!
    Thanks Carrie! Thank you for the blinkie too.. I'll have to add it to my sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Jillmo77
    Hang in there with the mood swings. I have been so emotional this past week, I thought DH was going to leave me and take refuge in a hotel somewhere!! He is not the patient or sensitive type, let's just say that. He's getting a little better though. He even brought me flowers yesterday to apologize for not being more understanding of my moods. I have not been having a good week, since I just found out that my husband's ex-wife, who I despise is pregnant. She's not even re-married yet and obviously wasn't trying, so of course she can get pg, but not me! :evil:
    It's hard enough to help raise my stepson, since I am more of a mother to him than she is and now all I get to hear about is how excited he is to be a big brother. Well, just needed to have a poor me moment. I'm glad to hear you've been able to BD, just keep it up (no pun intended) and hopefully you'll be in business come monday. Here's to BFPs for us all. Keep thinking positive thoughts and embrace those moods, for once, we have an excuse!!!
    Yes BFP for us all!!! I completely understand on the ex-wife thing. I've been through that too.. and it's ok.. to have a poor me moment.. when you been through as much as we all have.

Glad we didn't have to BD tonight.. DH was having a bad night. I told him he better rest up for tomorrow. Ialso told him.. The day I get the LH surge he's coming home from work for an hour.

I've been still moody today.. and I agree we do have an excuse DH thinks I've lost my mind.. I don't know why.. but I've been sort of ticked at him tonight and he could sense it. He tried to suck up to make it better.. But I'm still in a bad mood. Oh well..

So how are you doing? DId you "O"?

Jillmo77 Guest

Thanks Paula. Men definitely do not get anything that we go through, especially this it seems. That's what girlfriends are for! It's great that you took the night off. Tonight they'll be ready and rarin to go! Absolutely make him sneak out of work, it can only help the cause, right? I definitely O'd, my chart said it was day 15 and my temps and OPK seem to agree. We shall see. I'll be thinking good thoughts for some eggies and fiesty spemies for you guys. Hang in there and have fun with the BD!!

Good Morning Ladies!!

Jillmo

Glad to see a good "o" for you!! Now the lovely 2ww. . .I am sorry about the exwife situation . . .that would really frustrate me, it's bad enough when strangers around you get preggo, much less the "ex"! Well maybe this was it for you guys!

Paula. . .looks like you are still waiting. . .hope DHs back is hanging in there. .

CarrieK

Thanks for stopping by!!

As far as me. . .I am pretty sure I "o"d on Saturday (CD17). . .I got my OPK+ the day before in the afternoon. All day I was having twinges and feeling pressure in my back & uterus, kind of like when AF is coming. . .weird. Anyway I am completely frustrated w/ my temps, they are not really rising like I'd like them too- or like they have in the past. So I'm not sure what's up. I was hoping I'd have a great temp rise, since Clomid is supposed to make you 'o" better and have more progesterone. We took yesterday off from BD, but my temp actually dropped a hair today so we will do it tonight too I guess.

DH and I were so tired Saturday night, we had been out all day at 2 different parties- great time but we just wanted to sleep when we got home, KWIM!! But we had to BD for the cause. Anyway it's so much pressure on him sometimes. . .I really think if this month doesn't give us a BFP we need a little break. He is due for a s/a at the end of the month anyway. We will prob. take June off ttc. . .no clomid, no temping, nada. I didn't think I'd get to the point where I could let it go emotionally, but I am there. I want so much to NOT think about it for awhile!!

OK sorry for the ramble. . .Have a great Monday girls . ..and pray for a high temp tomorrow for me! I am over waiting for "o"!!

Jillmo77 Guest

Aurora,
    So sorry to hear how frustrated you are. I totally understand needing a month off without obsessing. This process is all consuming and a break may be just what you need. Looking at your chart it seems you did the BD on all the right days based on your OPK. Here's hoping you get a BFP and won't need to worry about anything anymore. Having you ladies here this month has been so helpful. It's much easier to deal with this with others who are going through the same thing. I'm anxiously awaiting next week so I can begin testing. I am so afraid of the BFN, I know I will be devastated, yet again. Trying to stay positive though.

As far as me. . .I am pretty sure I "o"d on Saturday (CD17). . .I got my OPK+ the day before in the afternoon. All day I was having twinges and feeling pressure in my back & uterus, kind of like when AF is coming. . .weird. Anyway I am completely frustrated w/ my temps, they are not really rising like I'd like them too- or like they have in the past. So I'm not sure what's up. I was hoping I'd have a great temp rise, since Clomid is supposed to make you 'o" better and have more progesterone. We took yesterday off from BD, but my temp actually dropped a hair today so we will do it tonight too I guess.

DH and I were so tired Saturday night, we had been out all day at 2 different parties- great time but we just wanted to sleep when we got home, KWIM!! But we had to BD for the cause. Anyway it's so much pressure on him sometimes. . .I really think if this month doesn't give us a BFP we need a little break. He is due for a s/a at the end of the month anyway. We will prob. take June off ttc. . .no clomid, no temping, nada. I didn't think I'd get to the point where I could let it go emotionally, but I am there. I want so much to NOT think about it for awhile!!

OK sorry for the ramble. . .Have a great Monday girls . ..and pray for a high temp tomorrow for me! I am over waiting for "o"!!
    Well it looks like we are all just about in the 2ww together. I understand the fustrations of having to BD in times that it is not very much desired. Hang in there.. Keeping my fingers crossed that this is the month for you.. BRing on the BFP's for us all!!!

As for me.. I think today is the day.. got a + OPK.. Call husband and well.. the only person who can sit in for him while he comes home is in a meeting.. So.. We have to wait until he gets off.. We did BD last night.. But it wasn't much because of his back.. (TMI) he said it was a medium. :roll: Anyways.. Hopefully we are able to BD today and tomorrow.. I so hope we catch that Egg this month. I've had a few twinges here and there.. but no where near the soreness and cramping as last month.

Well got to go will post more later.

Got my temp up, finally!! And FF confirmed "o" on Saturday, as I suspected. Now the 2ww. . .at least we are in it together!!

keeping fingers crossed for all of you in the 2ww. doesn't it drag?!! do you any of you change your diet at all during the 2ww?
    Marcie

Jillmo77 Guest

I am so happy that we all got the big O. This wait does suck. I figure, based on my period that I can do one of the five days sooner tests this coming Sunday. But I'm ready to go to the store now and start testing anyways. Patience is not one of my strong points. I've been having some cramping yesterday and today on my lower right side. Trying not to get my hopes up though. But let's face it, that's impossible.

Hell Ladies!!!!
    I'm new here. I just joined yesterday. I was told a couple of you are on clomid. I start clomid in 8 days. AF in 5 days. I'm on it days 3-7. We have been TTC on our own for 10 years with one MC in 1999. Finally gave up and went to see an RE. I have PCOS and am not O'ing on my own anymore. Any advice from anyone would be most welcome. Does the robitussin thing really help? MY BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!! LOT'S OF BABY DUST!!!!

Jillmo77 Guest

Welcome Sara! Wow, I thought two years of trying was bad. Thanks for putting things into perspective. I too had a miscarriage this February. This was my first month on Clomid, so I'm not really an expert. I will say that as far as side effects it's a lot better than I imagined. I was definitely more emotional and moody, had some abdominal pains and cramping, as well as some stomach issues and bloating. But nothing was too extreme to deal with. I'm not sure about the Robitussin, because I'm allergic to it, so obviously I never tried. Hopefully this will do the trick for you and get those eggs in motion. Welcome to our gang!

25. Default

Thought I would chime in.

I'm on Clomid, day 3. I was on Clomid for 3 cycles last yr (Oct-Dec). It made me "O" but no PG...to my knowledge anyway.

This time I'm on Clomid and probably sometime next week, we'll have an IUI for the first time.

As far as side effects, I didn't have any last year, and with this round so far I've only had Hot Flashes...but they weren't too bad to deal with.

Good luck to all in the Clomid gang and here's to BFP's soon!!
    After over FOUR years of STC...We are going to Adopt...hopefully God will lead us in this new chapter of our journey!

Out little Club is growing!

Welcome SaraH.

What a a long road you have been on TTC I hope your stay with us here is short and you can move on to the expecting forum!

It's my first cycle of Clomid also, and I had very few side effects. I've never tried robutussin. . .if you don't have alot of CM you should use Preseed (lubricant). . .I think there's alot more success stories w/ that than w/ Robutussin.

Maybebaby

Thanks for dropping in! Best of luck to you moving on to IUI. . .keep us posted

Jillmo

Step away from the stick girlfriend! You're only 5 DPO! But that temp jump was nice! Let's hope that's a good sign!

Jillmo77 Guest

Just wondering...has anyone else gained weight as a result of our little friend Clomid, or is it just me. I'm in a big funk today. I was going through my closet switching to my summer wardrobe and it seems that NONE of my clothes fit me anymore. Not even just a little tight, but sending them to Goodwill tight. This is frustrating and depressing.

Hey Jillmo

I have read that Clomid can cause weight gain. . .I am up 3lbs from winter weight gain which I haven't been able to lose but that was pre-Clomid. I think the stress w/ ttc makes it that much harder to resist the cookies, cakes. etc that appear at work all the time. . .and then there is the little voice in the back of your head saying "well if you're pregnant you're just going to gain weight anyway so why bother to lose 3lbs?"

Ahh but that's a whole other conversation isnt' it?

Hang in there hon!

Jillmo77 Guest

How is everyone doing today? Still impatiently waiting. I don't know how I'm going to make it through next week. I was feeling hopeful, but the past couple of days, I just feel like it's not going to happen this month. Trying hard to stay positive.
    jill

Quote Originally Posted by SaraH.
    Hell Ladies!!!!
    I'm new here. I just joined yesterday. I was told a couple of you are on clomid. I start clomid in 8 days. AF in 5 days. I'm on it days 3-7. We have been TTC on our own for 10 years with one MC in 1999. Finally gave up and went to see an RE. I have PCOS and am not O'ing on my own anymore. Any advice from anyone would be most welcome. Does the robitussin thing really help? MY BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!! LOT'S OF BABY DUST!!!!
    Hi Sarah,

Welcome to APA. You will love it here.. I have PCOS as well. I'm on my 2nd round of clomid this trip around.. I was on it years ago the first time I went to see an RE. Good thing is I do now "O" on clomid which is something I rarely did off of clomid and when I would "O" off of clomid because of the PCOS I would release immature eggs.

As far as Robitussin.. I take mucinex with expectarnt only and I start it the day after my last clomid pill and take it until I "O". Clomid can keep you from producing a lot of CM. So you may want to take it tp be on the safe side. Don't take any herbal supplements.. other then Omega 3's, because it can react with the clomid and cause it not to do it's job.

Below is what my RE has me on as of today:

Prenatal
    Prenatal Omega
    Baby Aspirin
    Colace

And of course Clomid CD 5-9

I hope your stay is short and you get a fast BFP!