Page 1 of 593 123 11 51 101 501 ... LastLast

Thread: Clomid Blog

Default Clomid Blog

Well, I thought I would start a Clomid blog (dairy). I'll post here on what's going on in my Clomid cycle and I hope other clomidies will post about their Clomid cycles too.

Ok.. As we know.. My last cycle was a good one since I had a progesterone of 27.6 (I think I release two eggs and boy did it feel like it!) which means the dose I'm on is doing good and making me "O" but for some reason the last cycle failed to get me pregnant.. I know I released eggs and I know my husbands spermies are in excellent shape.. so I figuring something most likely went wrong with implantation. Well, what ever it was I'm on another month of Clomid as well as a new plan. I'm on CD 6 and am taking Clomid CD's 5-9, day 10 I'll start Mucinex and day 12 I'll start OPK's. Start Bding on CD 15 every other day and day of LH surge and day after, unless for some reason I get a +OPK before then (Last month "O" was cd 20) Oh yea, I'm taking a Baby Aspirin, Prenatal and Expecta daily. On BD days we will sure pre~seed, so that's our plans for this month.

As far as Clomid for some reason I don't feel good the last couple of days real tired :zz: . I'm also :oops: constipated :oops: . Fun Fun :roll:

Hope we all have a successful Clomid month and get our BFP’s!!!

Struggled for 7 1/2 years. PCOS & Hypothyroidism

Hey thanks for sharing! I started Clomid this cycle for a short Luteal Phase. I am on Day 3. No side effects, luckily!

I know I released eggs and I know my husbands spermies are in excellent shape.. so I figuring something most likely went wrong with implantation.
    Remember, even if everything is perfect, the chance of conceiving is only 20% per cycle. Don't feel like something went wrong, that is just nature's way! Best of luck this cycle!!!

***Baby dust****

Well, they don't call it "clo-mood" for nothing! I'm sorry you don't feel good, but hang in there, hopefully you'll get a nice BFP at the end of it. Best to you!
    Marcie

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Hey thanks for sharing! I started Clomid this cycle for a short Luteal Phase. I am on Day 3. No side effects, luckily!

I know I released eggs and I know my husbands spermies are in excellent shape.. so I figuring something most likely went wrong with implantation.
    Remember, even if everything is perfect, the chance of conceiving is only 20% per cycle. Don't feel like something went wrong, that is just nature's way! Best of luck this cycle!!!

***Baby dust****
    Thanks and very true. What dose are you on?

cantwait2bmom

Well, they don't call it "clo-mood" for nothing! I'm sorry you don't feel good, but hang in there, hopefully you'll get a nice BFP at the end of it. Best to you!
    Thanks.. I hope so.. i've had a cold since about a week into my last luteal phase, so that hasn't been helping any.

Come BFP's this month for us all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paula0471
    Come BFP's this month for us all!!!
    I echo that!!!
    Marcie

Today was a little bit better.. I don't really think me feeling bad has anything to do with the clomid. But hope I get rid of some of the sinus problems and :oops: constapation :roll:

Nothing really new.. Just wish this month would hurry up and give me a bfp...

I have 2 days of clomid left. I'm on cd 7 (well it's after midnight so CD 8)

Hope everyone else is having a good clomid cycle and we all get BFP's this month!!!

I'm glad things are improving.... hope the trend continues! Come on BFP for Paula, Come on BFP for Paula!!!

Gimme a B...B!
    Marcie

What dose are you on?
    I'm on low dose (50 mg) because I "o" on my own, and my progesterone level was pretty normal, so Dr. thinks I just need a little "boost".

Come on BFPs!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cantwait2bmom
    I'm glad things are improving.... hope the trend continues! Come on BFP for Paula, Come on BFP for Paula!!!

Gimme a B...B!
    LOL.. Thanks.. I hope your eggies stick stick stick and you get that BFP in a couple of weeks!!!

I'm on low dose (50 mg) because I "o" on my own, and my progesterone level was pretty normal, so Dr. thinks I just need a little "boost".

Come on BFPs!!!!!!!!
    I had been Oing on my own the last 6 months.. but I have PCOS and was having irratic AF's .. anywhere from 30 days to 60 days.. I have a history of producing immature eggs which was the reason I miscarried in 2001. For some reason I thought I was on 100mg back in 01/02/03 but was only on 50mg for 12 cycles.. My RE started me out this time on 100mg, which worked because I had a strong "O" this time and it was a 34 day cycle which is what I normally do on clomid.

I hope you get that boost you needed and you get a BFP! Please keep posting because it's nice to know what others are going through so you don't feel so a lone.

COME ON BFP's for us all!!!!!

Hello Paula0471 and fellow Clomid-ites

I took my last Clomid today (CD9). I've been having some night sweats and yesterday my (.)(.) felt a bit tingly, but otherwise, I feel good. No moodiness, lucky for DH. Time to start BDing!!!! Hooray!!! Bring on the EGG!

in 01/02/03 but was only on 50mg for 12 cycles.. My RE started me out this time on 100mg, which worked because I had a strong "O" this time and it was a 34 day cycle which is what I normally do on clomid.
    Wow Paula, I thought Clomid was only used for 3-6 months. I'm glad it seems to be working well this time. . .How are you feeling?

***BFP*********

I'm on CD 11.. Weird.. I have had some EWCM today.. - OPK.. I got sick again this month and am wondering if the Clomid had anything to do with it. Last month during my cycle of clomid cd5-9 I got a stomach virus.. Well.. this time.. It started with what I thought was constipation and ended with me throwing up all night Friday night and diarrhea as well.. So now I'm wondering.. Anyways.. I'm feeling better today. My temps were up this morning.. and seem higher this month then last. Starting to feel like maybe we should go ahead and start BD.. Was going to wait until CD 15.. (last month on clomid I "O" on CD 20).. Not sure if I should wait or not.. Other then being sick and tired.. that's all that's going on with me this month.

Hope everyone else is having a good clomid month!

Wow Paula, I thought Clomid was only used for 3-6 months. I'm glad it seems to be working well this time. . .How are you feeling?
    You would think huh? But no.. The first time was for 6 months clomid.. then a 6 month break and then 6 more months of clomid... From my understanding they have only started just doing the 3-6 cycles in the last couple of years. Studies have found that long uninterrupted use of clomid depletes the lining of the uterus.. My doctor felt it had been a few years since I was on it and she wanted to try it one more time.. She put me on it for two cycles.. I may ask to do a third just in case before moving on to something else. I'm working on improving my lining and blood flow to my uterus plus my over all health.

I hope we all get our BFP's this month!!!!

Paula0471

I was looking at your chart (BTW you haven't charted since Friday-whassup?!) and realized we are on the same CD and everything!!
    Hey Cycle Buddy!!

Sorry about your bad weekend- I don't think Clomid caused those symptoms- sounds like food poisioning! Yuk!

You should def. start BDing!! We started our every other day schedule on CD 9 and I started OPKs this AM (Kimmie had told me to start CD 12- earlier than that can cause a false + from the Clomid) and I am going to test twice a day since it's my first month on Clomid, and I don't know when I'll "O". I'm hoping it's earlier. . .

Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Paula0471

I was looking at your chart (BTW you haven't charted since Friday-whassup?!) and realized we are on the same CD and everything!!
    Hey Cycle Buddy!!

Sorry about your bad weekend- I don't think Clomid caused those symptoms- sounds like food poisioning! Yuk!

You should def. start BDing!! We started our every other day schedule on CD 9 and I started OPKs this AM (Kimmie had told me to start CD 12- earlier than that can cause a false + from the Clomid) and I am going to test twice a day since it's my first month on Clomid, and I don't know when I'll "O". I'm hoping it's earlier. . .

Good Luck!
    Hey Cycle Buddy!!! lol

I updated my chart.. I have a paper chart I write every on daily.. I just forgot to update my online chart.

Last month we started BDing on cycle day 12 but I didn't "O" until CD20 and it seemed like when I was on it before I didn't "O" early either.. my cycles were 34 then as well. My husband hurt his back so I am having to carefully plan out our BD this month :roll: Was thinking about starting on CD 15.

OPK.. last month I did it twice aday.. but it didn't matter.. because when I got the surge I had it for three days and even though I was doing it afternoon and evening.. I detected it first in the afternoon. I may do between 12-1pm and then around 8pm.. what hours are you going to do them?

What OPK's are you using.. Mine says not to do it with fmu. To test any time in the afternoon. I've heard from others anytime after 10 am.

Oh no! I forgot about your DH and his poor back. Yes, you'll have to go easy on him so he can "stay in the game".

I use the IC OPK's from babyhopes.com, they work fine for me. I usually test at night somewhere between 6-9 pm, then when I see my line get darker I test the next AM. I have gotten a few + with FMU that way. So, I think it's really individual. This month, I am just paranoid that I am going to miss something so I am going to test w/ FMU and at night.

It seemed weird to me that people "o" later on Clomid, they call it "ovulation induction" so it seems like it should happen earlier, right? But then I was thinking that Clomid is supposed to give you better, more mature eggs, so maybe it takes a few extra days to "beef up" the eggs, KWIM??

Anyway. I hate waiting!!!!!! C'mon "o"

Jillmo77 Guest

Default First round of Clomid

Here's wishing good strong eggs for you all. I'm on my first round of Clomid this month. I had a miscarriage two months ago due to a blighted ovum. I waited two cycles as per doctor and started 50 mg of clomid on day 3 of my normally 28 day cycle. I have been charting and taking OPKs, but nothing as of yet. Today is CD13 and I'm extremely anxious for something to happen. Clomid definitely upset my stomach...first nausea and diarreah and now constipation it seems. Hubby and I have been BDing the last three nights. Should we hold off until I see a change or switch to every other day? Don't want to use up all of the good spermies, but don't want to miss it either. What should we do?

Jillmo77

Ok now this is getting weird- Paula & I are on CD 13 today too. . .we are ALL CYCLE BUDDIES! AND all on Clomid. Wow!!

Anyway- my Dr. rec's every other day, just to give spermies a chance to build up. But if your DH sperm count is OK, its not WRONG to BD every day. If you can swing it, i say go for it. Some of us wear out too quickly
    Seriously though, if you get a - OPK today, take the day off if you want. It's just important to BD the day of the +OPK, and the next day. then make sure you see a thermal shift (if you're temping) before you stop BD.

I have heard the Clomid makes you ovulate later, so just hang in there! Are you also temping? You should post a link to your chart so we can "keep an eye" on you.

Good luck!
    BFPs for us all!!!!

Jillmo77 Guest

Default Here's my chart

Wow, what are the odds we're all cycle buddies. That makes me feel not so alone though. I tried to attach my chart link with this message, so hopefully it works. I think you just have to click on the www button at the bottom of my message, we'll see. My temps are crazy, as you'll see. Ignore the one really high one on CD8, I didn't temp until I woke up at noon, after a night of drinking, so it is definitely not valid. I normally temp at 7-8am. I'm doing my OPKs at around 4pm. I'll let you know what happens with today's test.

Yes, you are all over the place, but you've got alot of open circles (?timing issues?) and you are charting sleep deprived alot. So they may not be totally accurate.
    Well, keep up the OPKs and you've got your bases covered w/ BDing, so you're doing good, OK? No worries!
    Now get some sleep, girl, get yourself on a proper schedule!

Default Re: First round of Clomid

Quote Originally Posted by Jillmo77
    Here's wishing good strong eggs for you all. I'm on my first round of Clomid this month. I had a miscarriage two months ago due to a blighted ovum. I waited two cycles as per doctor and started 50 mg of clomid on day 3 of my normally 28 day cycle. I have been charting and taking OPKs, but nothing as of yet. Today is CD13 and I'm extremely anxious for something to happen. Clomid definitely upset my stomach...first nausea and diarreah and now constipation it seems. Hubby and I have been BDing the last three nights. Should we hold off until I see a change or switch to every other day? Don't want to use up all of the good spermies, but don't want to miss it either. What should we do?
    I've had the stomach problems the last two months. But I don't think it's common.. I didn't have it years ago when I was on Clomid.

since you are on CD 13 I would just switch to every other day.

That makes three of us CD Buddies

Glad you decided to join us this month on this thread.

LOL... Just finished reading the rest of the post.

Jillmo77,

Your temps are all over the place.. I don't sleep a lot at a time either.. I go to bed between 2-3 am. and get up at 6:45am to take my temps then take my husband to work. I set my cell phone alarm for when to take my temps.. I keep my BBT next to my bed and just reach over and take it and lay there until I have to get up or if it's his day off I go back to sleep and then check it later and write it down. BBT's normally keep your last temp. It's better to take it early and at the same time. This will help you keep from getting erratic temps.

I wouldn't worry about it to much this month.. I think you are going to be covered.

Aurora,

Wow.. what are the chanced we would have three of us going through the exact same thing!!! So how is your clomid days going?

Wouldn't it be so cool if we all three got our BFP this month??!!!????!!!?

Jillmo77 Guest

Default 3 musketeers

That would be fabulous if we all got BFPs this month. Yeah, my sleep has been erratic. I go to bed around midnight each night, but I keep tossing and turning and waking up every hour to every other hour. I guess I'm just a little stressed out. Go figure. I just did my O test and the test stip is a lot darker today, but still not quite as dark as the control strip. The package said it had to be as dark as or darker. So perhaps we'll have an egg in the next few days!!!! Might as well, BD just in case. My poor dh is gonna be dead from dancing by the end of this!! Good way to go though

By the way, I heard that keeping a fresh cucumber and fresh basil on your nightstand increases fertility. I know it sounds weird, but I'll try anything!!!

Jillmo77 Guest

Default Yeast Infection

Great, sorry to hog the blog, but I just realized that I have a yeast infection and called my dr. She said she felt fine about me taking Diflucan since I am not yet pregnant, but there are case studies that show some complications. Now I don't know what to do. Do I take it and hope for the best or get stuck with having a yeast infection for the next month or so, which would not be fun, but at least I wouldn't have to worry that taking it made me not get pg or caused any problems if I do get pg. AHHHH!! What should I do? DH says don't take it because I'll be blaming it on the Diflucan if we don't get pg this month and if I do ge the dreaded BFN, I can just take the pill then and try again next month with no worries. Any advice would be great!!

Default Re: Yeast Infection

Great, sorry to hog the blog, but I just realized that I have a yeast infection and called my dr. She said she felt fine about me taking Diflucan since I am not yet pregnant, but there are case studies that show some complications. Now I don't know what to do. Do I take it and hope for the best or get stuck with having a yeast infection for the next month or so, which would not be fun, but at least I wouldn't have to worry that taking it made me not get pg or caused any problems if I do get pg. AHHHH!! What should I do? DH says don't take it because I'll be blaming it on the Diflucan if we don't get pg this month and if I do ge the dreaded BFN, I can just take the pill then and try again next month with no worries. Any advice would be great!!
    The Diflucan shouldn't prevent you from becoming pg. I would think you need to get rid of the infection. One dose of 150mg Diflucan is very unlikely to cause any problems with a pregnancy. I would follow the Dr's advice on this one.

SKC

It says below that higher doses put you at greater risk. I would think if you go ahead and take it now.. by the time the embie implants it should be out of your system.. I would think the only risk factor would be if it passed through the placenta. I was trying to find out how long it stays in your body.. IF I find out I'll post it. If you don't feel comfortable taking it then ask what you could take in it's place that would be a safer choice. I'm sure that have something they can give you that they give pregnant women all the time.

Below is info on the drug from the Mereks Manual

Pregnancy Risk Factor

C

Pregnancy Implications

When used in high doses, fluconazole is teratogenic in animal studies. Following exposure during the first trimester, case reports have noted similar malformations in humans when used in higher doses (400 mg/day) over extended periods of time. Use of lower doses (150 mg as a single dose or 200 mg/day) may have less risk; however, additional data is needed. Use during pregnancy only if the potential benefit to the mother outweighs any potential risk to the fetus.

Anyone being Clomoodie? I've been on the moody side this evening. Wanted to start BD tonight.. But DH did something at work he wasn't supose to do and was in bad pain tonight.. So I was sort of p*ssed off about that.. So that could be some of the reason for the moodiness I can't really say anything to him about it because he already feels bad enough because he's been having back problems this month. I did tell him.. That like I said from the beginning when they put me on the clomid I didn't want to go through the bad ""O" pains unless I knew we had a chance and then he said he wanted me to go ahead and start the Clomid and now look! Last cycle I didn't sleep for three days because of the "O" pain and bloating.. I was so uncomfortable and the first night of "O" I couldn't even stand up straight. I did release more then one egg and they were big.. had high levels of progesterone.. I know I didn't hurt that bad when I was on it before.. I'm thinking it's because I'm on a higher dose of clomid. I don't know.. Just feel blah right now.. My mood sucks!

Jillmo

TAKE THE DIFLUCAN!! There is way less risk of that then of an untreated yeast infection. Remember, you don't share a blood supply with the embryo at first. Diflucan will probably be long gone before you even implant.

Paula

Oh, honey that is so frustrating!! Poor DH!! I really think IUI is a good option for you guys. I can't imagine what you are going through trying to make this work. I hope your Dr. is willing to do that for you next cycle (unless you get a BFP of course).

Well hopefully we get some BD in this month and get a BFP..DH is trying to convince me it's going to be ok and that we will be able to BD starting tomorrow. But we will see.. I kind of had a melt down last night. I'm also dealing with the fact that my DS is almost grown, So I've been having empty nest syndrome. My husband thinks I'm going through a mid life crisis, I told him I'm not that freakin old yet and that he needs to remember he is a year older then me and he will go through it before I.

Over all today.. Just moody.. Had a temp drop.. but I don't think it's the one.. Take a look at my chart and let me know what you think.. I think I still have a little bit of time... my temps are higher this month then last month on clomid.. weird.

Jillmo77 Guest

Default problem solved

Paula, hang in there. I can't imagine how frustrated you are right now. You sure have been through a lot and I can't believe that coming up on O time DH is hurt. I'd just tell him to take 3 Advil and bear down!! :twisted:
    I went to pick up the Diflucan and pharmacist actually told me not to take it. He said he wasn't comfortable since I am so close to O and it would still be in my system for at least a week. So I guess that solved that dilemma. Thanks for your input though. Try to stay sane, not that that's at all easy right now and if you need to vent we're here!!

Default Re: problem solved

Paula, hang in there. I can't imagine how frustrated you are right now. You sure have been through a lot and I can't believe that coming up on O time DH is hurt. I'd just tell him to take 3 Advil and bear down!! :twisted:
    I went to pick up the Diflucan and pharmacist actually told me not to take it. He said he wasn't comfortable since I am so close to O and it would still be in my system for at least a week. So I guess that solved that dilemma. Thanks for your input though. Try to stay sane, not that that's at all easy right now and if you need to vent we're here!!

Where did your pharmacist go to school? Just wondering. I'm still with the Dr., get rid of the infection.

Jillmo77 Guest

Not sure where he went to school. Are you in the medical field?