Page 543 of 593 FirstFirst ... 43443493533541542543544545553 ... LastLast
Results 16,261 to 16,290 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

  1. #16261
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Well girls. I'm just a bundle of nerves! Doctor called and we are on for my next cycle It's here?!?! I AM SCARED TO DEATH! All this hurry up,hurry up I can't wait and now a feel new to all of this. Well this part I will be new to. I can so write a book about waiting. He said my egg retrieval will be about 6 weeks from my CD 1 call. Does that sound about right? Of course that lands me at my little niece's 1st birthday party. And as the family cake decorator....we shall see....
    Anyway, I know I'll be on Lupron but don't actually have dates per say or proper schedule. I'm so worried something will go wrong. Sitting here waiting for the other boot to fall. I can't believe it is finally happening. After cancer and financial issues and clinic searching....
    Remember I told you all about my boss and how awesome she is and how she is going to work with me on all my appointments and such? Well,she's leaving. I'm so sad. I don't want to have to tell anyone else what is going on. How do you all handle all your appointments with your work? Do you still keep what you are doing under wraps? This is sooooo not helping my anxiety!

  2. #16262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I never had cysts on Femara but I got 2 cysts on my 1st cycle on Follistim. Is this common when you start to use injectable meds? Should I plan on having to take every other month off b/c of cysts?
    I think you are either prone to cysts or not.. I have had to take lots of cycles off because of those darn cysts My RE said Clomid can tend to produce more cysts..Thats why he took me off of it and put me on injectables...but I also produced them on Gonal-F.. He also had me go on BCP's to get rid of them and to be quite honest, I am not going to do that again, unless I have several cysts. I hate the back and forth hormonal thing..and I think they often go away on their own..
    Last edited by 32ellah; 05-21-2010 at 05:37 AM.

  3. #16263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I took 75iu of Follistim for 7 nights, then 150iu the last night. Since you have been ovulating well with the Clomid and injectables, I bet you would be on a low dose too if you did injectables only. 2 vials of Follistim was plenty for me during my injectable cycle.

    Hopefully you don't need to worry about it though!!!
    I agree!! Good Luck today Tasha

  4. #16264

    Default

    cinderella - good decision about the trigger shot! Fingers cross too I think they did test my stuff when I was evaluated and everything was good I am just old

    mominw8ting - you are so positive it't got to work..you are all high spirith it's nice to see that ... good luck girl. Glad everything looks good for you girl... how exiting to try this second round. I really hope it works for you girl.

    tonysmom - sorry you are feeling a little sad today... hope you get ok real soon again and find a reason to smile.

    nostoppingme - glad to see you back again. I tried to find the info on the adoption but can't find it. If I get it again I will surely let you know. It was kinda expensive anyways right? And don't worry about replies we are just happy to see you again.

    Well regarding your protocole dilliama I would say more agressive is better so would go with the new lady instead of the other RE who believes in simple. Obviously it didnt' work so far?? And yes your age and time is not good to be trying stuff but I would definitly try something different from the last times. I read somethere this lady had like 7 IVF and produced none to very little eggs and the last cycle they tried something new and she got 30 eggs. Mind you she still didn't get pg so?? This is hard... Good luck with your decision girl.

    cakegal - Well I do my apts during the day and just replace my hours with lunch or breaks. I don't tell anyone anything it's not their business. mind you they saw me scan my U/S pictures the other day so one person might know? I told the ladies the other day the ones I don't really work directly with because it came on the subject but the boys I work with I am not telling. I am done July 2nd so I am sure I can hide it until then.

    so I am exited about your cycle and I am sure with the right instructions everything will be fine. Don't worry about it and don't stress yourself that is not good

    AFM - I was a bit depressed again last night I tried to order a few pictures from the walmart shoot and the manager still refuses to let me have anything. I have the reshoot scheduled for next weekend but my dh's son said he is tired of pictures and doesn't want to go for the reshoot? I just don't know what to do?? I will hope and pray it rains and so he will NOt go to his mom to go to the cottage I just wanted to die last night. I only wanted a picture with everyone in it??? My last one is 4 years old and baby is NOT in it... I know these were the last pictures and I was NOT going to bother them again but I still need at least this one?? boy oh boy why do they hate me so much (dh, dd and dss?) just cause I want a family photo to hand in my livingroom?

    Helene
    Last edited by secaly; 05-21-2010 at 07:12 AM.
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

  5. #16265

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    I don't want to have to tell anyone else what is going on. How do you all handle all your appointments with your work? Do you still keep what you are doing under wraps? This is sooooo not helping my anxiety!
    I completely understand how you feel. My appointments are typically early in the AM so I haven't had to miss work. My colleagues don't even know that me and DH are TTC. Somehow I think it's better that way. My BFF co-worker recently had twins. She struggled for a long time and everyone knew. My BFF says that when the woman came back from maternity leave the only thing people talked about was how she got pregnant. As if it was some type of scientific experiment .

    It's so hard to keep the ups and downs of TTC between me and DH, I guess that's why I love you guys so much .

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  6. #16266
    tonysmom2001 Guest

    Default

    cakegal, I know what you mean about trying to schedule your appts, I actually do all of mine before I even go into work. With my first IVF cycle we were very open about it and told everyone what was going on every step of the way, well when we cycle again in July we arent telling anyone anything! After losing the babies the first time we arent even going to tell anyone we are trying again.

    Rhonda, We missed you!! I have to say that I am no expert but I have I believe the since you have pretty much tried everything but DE that the next step would be to try DE and see what happens. I actually saw a show on TV the other night of a woman I believe she was in her 60's that used DE and got pregnant and went on to have healthy twins. I believe in my heart that you will have your baby one way or another! Just my 2 cents.

  7. #16267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HighHopesMama View Post
    Welcome back, Rhonda. I imagine this last week was unbelievably tough for you and your family. I hope you're doing as well as you can be. We're all her for you, sending you lots of love.

    All I can say is HMMM...like you, I don't know what to think anymore. I feel your old RE was very frank, which is a good thing, but since he also recommended seeing an ART in his clinic it is hard to tell the motivation (do you think he is motivated to get you pregnant or more motivated to get your money?). In the end, since we are not doctors ourselves, when we select a doctor, clinic or procedure, we at some point have to make our decision with faith - faith in the procedure, faith in the doctor, faith in the medications and protocols. I do feel as if your old RE was being honest with telling you you don't need the laparoscopy because your endometriosis would have shown up in any u/s you've had and that he suspects egg quality rather than a a lack of proper meds/protocols. But about the IVIG unnecessary and risky and Dr. Coulam being a quack - it is hard to say...it really depends on how much you trust this doctor.

    I know we left our RE because we felt he was more interested in our money than us having a successful pregnancy. We don't get that feeling from our new clinic, but in the end, it is still really hard to say. Business is business and every doctor needs to make a profit. Right now they are treating us better and paying more attention than our old clinic ever, did which reduces stress. Maybe your old RE's clinic might be a way to go if they shoot from the hip and tell you up front if it can or cannot happen with your eggs. Because in the end, that is what you need to know - do you have an honest shot at it. They owe it to you to be honest and truthful.

    I really wish I knew what to tell you. This is all SO frustrating that you can't get a straight answer, that every one has something different to say. Hopefully you and DH can figure out who you trust more. Sending you lots of patience and praying you find the answers you need to you can figure out your next move.

    I have no idea if this was helpful at all...sorry!
    Thanks & any shared thoughts are helpful for me right now. Thanks! It is a trust thing. I switched clinics for a reason. I only went back to old RE because he is a brilliant microsurgeon and I just expected he would go along with my desire to have a laparoscopy to investigate and see if there was anything else that had been missed that is preventing me from getting pregnant. In making my request, I had to fill him in on everything that had happened in the past 2 years and he was just frank and said that in his opinion, there is not an implantation issue, there is a quality issue and moving forward with DE is our best bet at this point as we have tried EVERYTHING (even things he would have never convinced us to do). However, he said we should talk to one of the ART docs in their practice for an evaluation of my 4 cycles to see if they agree with me in looking for something else and continuing the IVIG.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Hi Rhonda!! We have all missed you terribly. Praying for strength during your healing process.

    Definitely check out ART at your current RE's office. It won't hurt to see what they say. I'm sure your post-IVF consult will give you more direction into which way to go next. Dr. Coulam sounds very promising, but I agree with you not wanting to be a guinea pig. Is her success rate high? What type of rating does she have with the CDC? I've checked out my RE on the CDC website basically to see his profile and speciality. Good luck tomorrow.
    Thanks! I missed you all so much! I am healing much better now. Still have my moments, but feeling much more like my old self. I actually used CDC prior to my first IVF cycle in SC and last year I ordered a copy of the most current results, so I have the book at home. I have looked at clinics all over the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Rhonda,I wish I had some kind of divine wisdom to give you. It's almost unbelievable the things couples like us have to think about. I'm sure you will ultimately make the right decision. I found a quote today that more than applies to my life and everything going on.... "We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so we can have the life that's waiting for us." I don't think this is saying ditch your dream. I think it just means you never know where your dream will come from.
    Thanks dear. I love the quote. It is inspirational. I know there is something out there waiting for us if we can figure out just what it is...
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  8. #16268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    cinderella - good decision about the trigger shot! Fingers cross too I think they did test my stuff when I was evaluated and everything was good I am just old

    mominw8ting - you are so positive it't got to work..you are all high spirith it's nice to see that ... good luck girl. Glad everything looks good for you girl... how exiting to try this second round. I really hope it works for you girl.

    tonysmom - sorry you are feeling a little sad today... hope you get ok real soon again and find a reason to smile.

    nostoppingme - glad to see you back again. I tried to find the info on the adoption but can't find it. If I get it again I will surely let you know. It was kinda expensive anyways right? And don't worry about replies we are just happy to see you again.

    Well regarding your protocole dilliama I would say more agressive is better so would go with the new lady instead of the other RE who believes in simple. Obviously it didnt' work so far?? And yes your age and time is not good to be trying stuff but I would definitly try something different from the last times. I read somethere this lady had like 7 IVF and produced none to very little eggs and the last cycle they tried something new and she got 30 eggs. Mind you she still didn't get pg so?? This is hard... Good luck with your decision girl.

    cakegal - Well I do my apts during the day and just replace my hours with lunch or breaks. I don't tell anyone anything it's not their business. mind you they saw me scan my U/S pictures the other day so one person might know? I told the ladies the other day the ones I don't really work directly with because it came on the subject but the boys I work with I am not telling. I am done July 2nd so I am sure I can hide it until then.

    so I am exited about your cycle and I am sure with the right instructions everything will be fine. Don't worry about it and don't stress yourself that is not good

    AFM - I was a bit depressed again last night I tried to order a few pictures from the walmart shoot and the manager still refuses to let me have anything. I have the reshoot scheduled for next weekend but my dh's son said he is tired of pictures and doesn't want to go for the reshoot? I just don't know what to do?? I will hope and pray it rains and so he will NOt go to his mom to go to the cottage I just wanted to die last night. I only wanted a picture with everyone in it??? My last one is 4 years old and baby is NOT in it... I know these were the last pictures and I was NOT going to bother them again but I still need at least this one?? boy oh boy why do they hate me so much (dh, dd and dss?) just cause I want a family photo to hand in my livingroom?

    Helene
    Thank you so much! And good luck with your photos!

  9. #16269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Well girls. I'm just a bundle of nerves! Doctor called and we are on for my next cycle It's here?!?! I AM SCARED TO DEATH! All this hurry up, hurry up I can't wait and now a feel new to all of this. Well this part I will be new to. I can so write a book about waiting. He said my egg retrieval will be about 6 weeks from my CD 1 call. Does that sound about right? Of course that lands me at my little niece's 1st birthday party. And as the family cake decorator....we shall see....

    Anyway, I know I'll be on Lupron but don't actually have dates per say or proper schedule. I'm so worried something will go wrong. Sitting here waiting for the other boot to fall. I can't believe it is finally happening. After cancer and financial issues and clinic searching....

    Remember I told you all about my boss and how awesome she is and how she is going to work with me on all my appointments and such? Well,she's leaving. I'm so sad. I don't want to have to tell anyone else what is going on. How do you all handle all your appointments with your work? Do you still keep what you are doing under wraps? This is sooooo not helping my anxiety!
    First of all...congrats!! You are moving forward and starting your cycle finally!!! Woo Hoo! As for the schedule & working out the appointments, it can cause anxiety, so take it a bit at a time. Your clinic should give you an idea soon enough on how often they will monitor you and what time of day. Like most of the girls have said, these clinics try to get you in early in the morning if you work so you can go straight to work & not really miss time from work to where it's noticeable. The retrieval date will become more firm as you are monitored during stims and who knows, it may not interfere with your cake decorating for your niece's 1st birthday! Anyway, I'm so excited for you & eager to hear how you do over the next 6 weeks!

    Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    nostoppingme - glad to see you back again. I tried to find the info on the adoption but can't find it. If I get it again I will surely let you know.

    Well regarding your protocole dilliama I would say more agressive is better so would go with the new lady instead of the other RE who believes in simple. Obviously it didnt' work so far?? And yes your age and time is not good to be trying stuff but I would definitly try something different from the last times. I read somethere this lady had like 7 IVF and produced none to very little eggs and the last cycle they tried something new and she got 30 eggs. Mind you she still didn't get pg so?? This is hard... Good luck with your decision girl.

    AFM - I was a bit depressed again last night I tried to order a few pictures from the walmart shoot and the manager still refuses to let me have anything. I have the reshoot scheduled for next weekend but my dh's son said he is tired of pictures and doesn't want to go for the reshoot? I just don't know what to do?? I will hope and pray it rains and so he will NOt go to his mom to go to the cottage I just wanted to die last night. I only wanted a picture with everyone in it??? My last one is 4 years old and baby is NOT in it... I know these were the last pictures and I was NOT going to bother them again but I still need at least this one?? boy oh boy why do they hate me so much (dh, dd and dss?) just cause I want a family photo to hand in my livingroom?

    Helene
    Thanks Helene and don't worry about the adoption info. We are more looking at another cycle before considering adoption anyway. I just feel myself starting to become more accepting of donor eggs than previously, so we shall see where it leads us. I think I will schedule another consult with another RE in our upstate to see what he feels about the laparoscopy. Or I could go to my normal OBGYN even. I still want to be sure NOTHING else could go wrong. Call it added security. We are doubtful we will do another cycle with my eggs, but I just have to hear enough RE's tell me they think it must be the quality of my eggs. I still have a hard time swallowing that since I had so many good quality embryo's. Oh well!

    As for you mamma...your hormones are making you sensitive is all. Kids don't care about sentiment and they simply don't want to do the pics again. Understandable. You are feeling emotional because it means a lot to you and you want to capture the current memories. Also understandable. Just don't get too depressed too often as that is not good for you & baby!! I wish I could give you a big hug right now. You do so much and I just feel it isn't appreciated the way it should be. I think you are Superwoman.

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    I completely understand how you feel. My appointments are typically early in the AM so I haven't had to miss work. My colleagues don't even know that me and DH are TTC. Somehow I think it's better that way. My BFF co-worker recently had twins. She struggled for a long time and everyone knew. My BFF says that when the woman came back from maternity leave the only thing people talked about was how she got pregnant. As if it was some type of scientific experiment .

    It's so hard to keep the ups and downs of TTC between me and DH, I guess that's why I love you guys so much .
    So many judge because they have never been in our shoes. Then some are just plain curious or nosy...either way, it can be frustrating to deal with those types when we are super sensitive to the struggles of TTC. I agree...at least we have eachother and that is so comforting for me as well. Love you gals!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by tonysmom2001 View Post
    ...well when we cycle again in July we arent telling anyone anything! After losing the babies the first time we arent even going to tell anyone we are trying again.

    Rhonda, We missed you!! I have to say that I am no expert but I have I believe the since you have pretty much tried everything but DE that the next step would be to try DE and see what happens. I actually saw a show on TV the other night of a woman I believe she was in her 60's that used DE and got pregnant and went on to have healthy twins. I believe in my heart that you will have your baby one way or another! Just my 2 cents.
    I don't blame you for keeping it under wraps as much as possible. Others just don't get it unless they have been through it. Yet, you want to confide in someone close to you other than DH, so it can be tough to go through a cycle without stress & anxiety.

    Yes, I can't imagine more to try with my eggs, so DE is sounding more like our next step. I just want to be sure I won't have any implantation issues even with a donor's healthy eggs! Just me feeling insecure.
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  10. #16270

    Default

    Got my call last night. Everything is great! Took my antibiotic this am. Starting, Bravelle & Menopur tonight

    IVF nurse said, I should have a glass of wine every now and again to take the edge off. AMEN to that! No binge drinking she said. Not to worry about that. But it is nice to know a nice glass of wine is ok.

    But then no wine for 9 months!!!!!!!

    I pray God blesses us with a healthy baby in mind, body and spirit. And if IVF #2 doesn't work, please give us a few frozen embies to try again.

    All in all we have spent close to 30k with no little one to call our own
    Happy weekend all!

  11. #16271

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Ok, so my grandpa is resting now & I'm feeling good about that. It was great seeing my family even though we were all mourning our loss.

    So, me & DH had a consult with my prior RE who did my clomid cycles and repaired my tube from my last ectopic. It's been 2 years since he's seen us and he was shocked with everything we've had done since he last saw me (removal of that last fallopian tube & 4 failed IVF's). After watching The Fertility Chase on WEtv for the past 2 weeks, I brought up to him some of the discussions. I wanted him to do a laparoscopy to see if my endometriosis was back since he is one of the best microsurgeons in our area. He flat out told me that it was a waste of time because if I had any significant endometriosis it would have shown up by now in my ultrasounds with all the procedures and it would not have interefered with the IVF success. That is not what the RE's were saying on the show last week. He also disagreed with me doing IVIG with all my cycles because he also feels that is very controversial and is likely a waste of our money. He felt we were adding too much stress to our IVF protocols when it sounds like the reasons they are failing is due to my age & poor egg quality. Regardless of embryo quality, the eggs are old and probably were not good enough quality to create a viable pregnancy. That was his two cents. He said he was being honest and wanted me to consider seeing one of their ART docs again. He is an RE, but he doesn't do IUI or IVF. He only does testing, monitoring and microsurgeries. They have 7 docs that do the ART procedures. I've already had a call from them to talk to one of the RE's that do the ART procedures to review my last 4 protocols, embryo fertility reports & embryo grading. So, I will call them tomorrow to schedule an appt. I am sure they will recommend donor eggs.

    I am scheduled for my post-IVF consult with my current Re next week on Tuesday. She will definitely say DE if we decide to move forward.

    I have not decided whether to even bother calling Dr Coulam in Chicago. When I mentioned her to Dr Moore last week, he made it clear that he was very familiar with her research and he thinks she is bogus. I just don't know who to listen to anymore. He feels all of the RE's promoting themselves talk about new protocols that work, but there isn't enough of a patient base to validate any of it and therefore it's all investigational. In his opinion, some women have simply gotten lucky, but it doesn't prove the meds/procedures/protocols were the reason for the success. He's not easily convinced and he believes in the simple, proven stuff. Whereas Dr Coulam is totally opposite. She believes in the less practiced stuff. She is more outside the box. We don't have the money to be anyone's guinea pig, so it's time for me to be rational. Well, you ladies know me by now...I have to vent, share & get feedback to help me move forward. Any thoughts?
    hmmmm, well. I think you should trust your gut. Are you open to donor eggs? Also, I wonder if John Travolta and Kelly Preston used donor eggs. (sidebar).

    I am here for you every step of the way. God bless your journey and your next decision. Have a Great weekend!

  12. #16272

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Got my call last night. Everything is great! Took my antibiotic this am. Starting, Bravelle & Menopur tonight

    IVF nurse said, I should have a glass of wine every now and again to take the edge off. AMEN to that! No binge drinking she said. Not to worry about that. But it is nice to know a nice glass of wine is ok.

    But then no wine for 9 months!!!!!!!

    I pray God blesses us with a healthy baby in mind, body and spirit. And if IVF #2 doesn't work, please give us a few frozen embies to try again.

    All in all we have spent close to 30k with no little one to call our own
    Happy weekend all!
    Yay Kellie!!! I am so happy you got the green light! It's a great idea to drink a glass of wine to help relax you every now & then during the stim process. After transfer is when you have to start saying no.

    I totally get looking back at the investment and still having nothing to show for it, but we are NOT OUT OF THE GAME YET!! Every penny we spend is so going to be worth it in the end when we get to our little bit of heaven...
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  13. #16273
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,244

    Default

    Hmmmm? Wine? How about a Guinness. I would imagine that it would work the same.

    Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. The only catch with my work and monitoring situation is that my clinic is 3 hours away! They will just have to deal. If I have to call in then I will have to call in. I have been there 8 years and very rarely miss a day. (the cancer treatments don't count!) I have waited too long for this to happen to worry about what those bunch of bees itches think! Right?! Right!

  14. #16274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    hmmmm, well. I think you should trust your gut. Are you open to donor eggs? Also, I wonder if John Travolta and Kelly Preston used donor eggs. (sidebar).

    I am here for you every step of the way. God bless your journey and your next decision. Have a Great weekend!
    I am open to DE and I was prior to my last 2 cycles, but I wanted to give my eggs another shot because I really thought my first 2 cycles were good (so I was told be RE...only an issue with implantation). By the 3rd cycle, I was being told it was probably my eggs. So we went from implantation failure to now it being egg quality. That is why my first RE is saying forget the implantation failure theory...it's probably just my eggs. Dr Whitman (current RE) and Dr Coulam (she manages my IVIG) both feel I have to always do IVIG whether using my eggs or donor eggs.

    I have two friends that offered to be donors, but as I explained to them & DH, we are family friends and our children would know one day and it could be weird for everyone. They offered because we are great friends, but realistically, I don't think it would be a good idea. Plus for other reasons, such as age & physical characteristics, they are not the best choices if we want this to work and for our child to fit in our family. The reason there are DE databases is so you can be choosy and find a perfect match...it just costs an arm & a leg!

    On the other hand, we have 2 other women that are not as close to us as the others and I would consider. One has already agreed and the other is willing, but has to talk to her DH. Yes, I'm bold as is my DH. We have inquired with both with an offer as an incentive. Nothing close to the fee they would get paid by clinic or agency, but they say they are not considering it for the money. Of course, I insist because of the injections, minor surgery, etc. they will have to deal with. One of the girls is 32 and has a 1 year old healthy baby girl. She's proven fertile and her marriage is 'mixed' like mine. The other girl is 21 and has never been pregnant. She is super healthy and attractive, but not the best match for me (hair, eyes, ehtnicity), but she is eager to help out. Outside of using someone we know or using our clinic, it could run from 20-35k for a DE cycle. So, it is as much a financial consideration as an emotional one. Decisions, decisions! LOL
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  15. #16275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Hmmmm? Wine? How about a Guinness. I would imagine that it would work the same.

    Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. The only catch with my work and monitoring situation is that my clinic is 3 hours away! They will just have to deal. If I have to call in then I will have to call in. I have been there 8 years and very rarely miss a day. (the cancer treatments don't count!) I have waited too long for this to happen to worry about what those bunch of bees itches think! Right?! Right!
    AMEN!!! This is wayyyy to important for you to worry about what the rest of them think! I had no idea your clinic was so far away, so the others will just have to deal with your schedule. It's none of their business and it won't be that way forever. They will just have to deal with it and you just need to be free of worry!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

  16. #16276

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Got my call last night. Everything is great! Took my antibiotic this am. Starting, Bravelle & Menopur tonight

    IVF nurse said, I should have a glass of wine every now and again to take the edge off. AMEN to that! No binge drinking she said. Not to worry about that. But it is nice to know a nice glass of wine is ok.
    Cheers!!!! I'll drink to that .

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  17. #16277

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Belle View Post
    Cheers!!!! I'll drink to that .
    Me too. I have never drank while stimming. EVER. so one glass of wine, will be nice if I am stressed out.

    Ps: My doc made me go up to (3) glucophage's a day. My tummy. OUCH. I feel like I lost 10 lbs cause I am in the bathroom every 1/2 hour. UGH.

    All worth it. All worth it.

  18. #16278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Hmmmm? Wine? How about a Guinness. I would imagine that it would work the same.

    Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. The only catch with my work and monitoring situation is that my clinic is 3 hours away! They will just have to deal. If I have to call in then I will have to call in. I have been there 8 years and very rarely miss a day. (the cancer treatments don't count!) I have waited too long for this to happen to worry about what those bunch of bees itches think! Right?! Right!
    Guinness. Well in my non-medical professional opinion.. ABSOLUTELY!

  19. #16279

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Yay Kellie!!! I am so happy you got the green light! It's a great idea to drink a glass of wine to help relax you every now & then during the stim process. After transfer is when you have to start saying no.

    I totally get looking back at the investment and still having nothing to show for it, but we are NOT OUT OF THE GAME YET!! Every penny we spend is so going to be worth it in the end when we get to our little bit of heaven...
    Thank you. It has been emotionaly, financially and spiritually draining. Never thought I would be starting IVF #2. But keeping my head pointed towards the heaven's. Praying God will bless us! We love each other so much and would love to share our home with our family.

  20. #16280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Well girls. I'm just a bundle of nerves! Doctor called and we are on for my next cycle It's here?!?! I AM SCARED TO DEATH! All this hurry up,hurry up I can't wait and now a feel new to all of this. Well this part I will be new to. I can so write a book about waiting.He said my egg retrieval will be about 6 weeks from my CD 1 call. Does that sound about right? Of course that lands me at my little niece's 1st birthday party. And as the family cake decorator....we shall see....
    Anyway, I know I'll be on Lupron but don't actually have dates per say or proper schedule. I'm so worried something will go wrong. Sitting here waiting for the other boot to fall. I can't believe it is finally happening. After cancer and financial issues and clinic searching....
    Remember I told you all about my boss and how awesome she is and how she is going to work with me on all my appointments and such? Well,she's leaving. I'm so sad. I don't want to have to tell anyone else what is going on. How do you all handle all your appointments with your work? Do you still keep what you are doing under wraps? This is sooooo not helping my anxiety!
    Congratulations!!! I know you've been waiting forever to get started and now it is here. Yippeee!!! I'm so sorry your awesome boss is leaving. But work will just have to work around your appointments. My old clinic was an hour away from work. I'd get the first appt. I could and just come to work late and not take lunch or work late to make it up. I did tell my immediate boss (who is also my BFF) and she covered for me. You'll work it out and it will all be worth it when you get your BFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    [i
    AFM - I was a bit depressed again last night I tried to order a few pictures from the walmart shoot and the manager still refuses to let me have anything. I have the reshoot scheduled for next weekend but my dh's son said he is tired of pictures and doesn't want to go for the reshoot? I just don't know what to do?? I will hope and pray it rains and so he will NOt go to his mom to go to the cottage I just wanted to die last night. I only wanted a picture with everyone in it??? My last one is 4 years old and baby is NOT in it... I know these were the last pictures and I was NOT going to bother them again but I still need at least this one?? boy oh boy why do they hate me so much (dh, dd and dss?) just cause I want a family photo to hand in my livingroom?

    Helene
    Helene so sorry this whole picture situation so frustrating. I hope you get your family portrait in the end!
    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    Thanks & any shared thoughts are helpful for me right now. Thanks! It is a trust thing. I switched clinics for a reason. I only went back to old RE because he is a brilliant microsurgeon and I just expected he would go along with my desire to have a laparoscopy to investigate and see if there was anything else that had been missed that is preventing me from getting pregnant. In making my request, I had to fill him in on everything that had happened in the past 2 years and he was just frank and said that in his opinion, there is not an implantation issue, there is a quality issue and moving forward with DE is our best bet at this point as we have tried EVERYTHING (even things he would have never convinced us to do). However, he said we should talk to one of the ART docs in their practice for an evaluation of my 4 cycles to see if they agree with me in looking for something else and continuing the IVIG.



    Thanks! I missed you all so much! I am healing much better now. Still have my moments, but feeling much more like my old self. I actually used CDC prior to my first IVF cycle in SC and last year I ordered a copy of the most current results, so I have the book at home. I have looked at clinics all over the US.



    Thanks dear. I love the quote. It is inspirational. I know there is something out there waiting for us if we can figure out just what it is...
    We're just glad to have you back and can't wait until you get your much deserved BFP.

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Rhonda,I wish I had some kind of divine wisdom to give you. It's almost unbelievable the things couples like us have to think about. I'm sure you will ultimately make the right decision. I found a quote today that more than applies to my life and everything going on.... "We must be willing to get rid of the life we planned, so we can have the life that's waiting for us." I don't think this is saying ditch your dream. I think it just means you never know where your dream will come from.
    I love this quote!! Thanks for posting it.
    Quote Originally Posted by mominw8ting View Post
    Got my call last night. Everything is great! Took my antibiotic this am. Starting, Bravelle & Menopur tonight

    IVF nurse said, I should have a glass of wine every now and again to take the edge off. AMEN to that! No binge drinking she said. Not to worry about that. But it is nice to know a nice glass of wine is ok.

    But then no wine for 9 months!!!!!!!

    I pray God blesses us with a healthy baby in mind, body and spirit. And if IVF #2 doesn't work, please give us a few frozen embies to try again.

    All in all we have spent close to 30k with no little one to call our own
    Happy weekend all!
    I love that your nurse gave you teh green light on the occasional glass of wine! YAY! Sending you and wishing you have a successful IVF and lots of frosties to show for it, too! Good luck stimming!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by cakegal View Post
    Hmmmm? Wine? How about a Guinness. I would imagine that it would work the same.

    Thanks for all the well wishes and advice. The only catch with my work and monitoring situation is that my clinic is 3 hours away! They will just have to deal. If I have to call in then I will have to call in. I have been there 8 years and very rarely miss a day. (the cancer treatments don't count!) I have waited too long for this to happen to worry about what those bunch of bees itches think! Right?! Right!
    Good Lord! That does put a crimp in things. But they will have to work with you, this is too important and you've waited too long!! Don't let anything get in your way, mama!

    Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    I am open to DE and I was prior to my last 2 cycles, but I wanted to give my eggs another shot because I really thought my first 2 cycles were good (so I was told be RE...only an issue with implantation). By the 3rd cycle, I was being told it was probably my eggs. So we went from implantation failure to now it being egg quality. That is why my first RE is saying forget the implantation failure theory...it's probably just my eggs. Dr Whitman (current RE) and Dr Coulam (she manages my IVIG) both feel I have to always do IVIG whether using my eggs or donor eggs.

    I have two friends that offered to be donors, but as I explained to them & DH, we are family friends and our children would know one day and it could be weird for everyone. They offered because we are great friends, but realistically, I don't think it would be a good idea. Plus for other reasons, such as age & physical characteristics, they are not the best choices if we want this to work and for our child to fit in our family. The reason there are DE databases is so you can be choosy and find a perfect match...it just costs an arm & a leg!

    On the other hand, we have 2 other women that are not as close to us as the others and I would consider. One has already agreed and the other is willing, but has to talk to her DH. Yes, I'm bold as is my DH. We have inquired with both with an offer as an incentive. Nothing close to the fee they would get paid by clinic or agency, but they say they are not considering it for the money. Of course, I insist because of the injections, minor surgery, etc. they will have to deal with. One of the girls is 32 and has a 1 year old healthy baby girl. She's proven fertile and her marriage is 'mixed' like mine. The other girl is 21 and has never been pregnant. She is super healthy and attractive, but not the best match for me (hair, eyes, ehtnicity), but she is eager to help out. Outside of using someone we know or using our clinic, it could run from 20-35k for a DE cycle. So, it is as much a financial consideration as an emotional one. Decisions, decisions! LOL
    It sounds like you've got some good options outside the DE databases. Options are always good! Good luck making your decision.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  21. #16281

    Default Hi...hoping to give you all hope.

    a
    Last edited by pam2334; 06-25-2010 at 11:21 AM.

  22. #16282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pam2334 View Post
    Hi everyone. My name is Pam and I was an active member on this board when I underwent my first IVF cycle back in July 2009. I was cycle buddies with Janie, Sarah, and Adriene. Rhonda, do you remember me? A natural miscarriage and a spontaneous ectopic pregnancy brought me to IVF. Anyway, my first cycle back in July was a BFN. Ever since, I've been silently keeping up and rooting for all of you. I disappeared because I found it easier to go through all of this on my own and spreading the news of disappointment was very hard for me. I don't know if that makes sense, but when I'm hurting, I tend to isolate myself. And that's what I've been doing for the past 9 months.

    Anyway, I'm writing to hopefully give you hope. After my BFN in July, I jumped right back on the horse and did IVF #2 in September. Another BFN. The clinic I was going to was huge and I just didn't feel like they paid attention to detail or personalized anything. And although my insurance covered all of the costs at that clinic, I left and went to a new RE that wasn't covered. Ouch. But it's so worth it. Anyway, I didn't waste any time and I went through IVF #3 in November/Decemer. BFP! But my HCG #'s weren't doubling properly and they soon found out it wasn't a healthy pregnancy. I miscarried at 10 weeks. A miscarriage after IVF is so much worse than a negative. What a tease. And I have to say that after each failed cycle it was like someone kicked me in the stomach while I was down, and each time it was harder and harder to get back up.

    I started exploring adoption and went to an adoption meeting. I started looking into DE. I am 37 years old, and was almost convinced that maybe I wasn't meant to be a mother. I've always had an amazing connection with kids and thought that was all I was ever meant to be, but was starting to come to grips that, no matter how badly I wanted it, maybe this wasn't in God's plan for me.

    BUT, I wouldn't let myself give up. Once I was cleared after my m/c, I started IVF #4 in April. My embryo quality was never good in the past, and I usually ended up with only morulas on day 5. And poor embryo quality is something that can't be changed. I really thought I was doomed. Anyway, on day 5, I had an expanded blast (4BB)...I couldn't believe it! What progress! And 5 other early blasts. They transferred 3. After all of the embryos my husband and I made over the past year, we never had any make it to freeze. This cycle we actually had two! This seemed so surreal, and even if I didn't get pregnant, I was just so happy that we actually made it this far.

    Well, my first HCG 9dp5dt: 260!
    Second HCG 12dp5dt: 1408! Wow!

    I had my ultrasound today and we saw 2 heartbeats both measuring perfectly. I'm in shock. I never thought I would be writing such good news.

    But my point is to tell you that there's always hope. Don't give up prematurely. What kept me going was that the only guarantee of not becoming a mother was if I stopped trying. Believe me, I know how hard this journey is. There are some people that get lucky and they get pregnant on their first or second try, and it's wonderful! But there are others who may have to go through 4 or 5 or 6 cycles, and I completely understand how defeating repeated IVF failure is. The best decision I ever made was to switch clinics, pay out of pocket, and deplete our savings account. You need an RE who pays attention and who does the absolute best with what you give them. And a good RE will tell you if there's still hope or if it's time to move on to other options like DE. My new clinic was small and personal and they ran a tight ship. It felt really good to be their patient.

    I hope this gives everyone some hope. I pray that all of you have great success in your journey. And I realize I'm not out of the woods yet. But, god forbid, if something happens, I'm going to get up and try again.

    Good luck to all of you!

    Pam
    Thank you for posting your story Pam. It is stories like yours that keep me trying and trying to get pregnant. I'm so happy you saw two strong, healthy heartbeats today. Congratulations! You and your husband must be thrilled. Praying that you and your babies have a H&H 9 months and a safe delivery. I switched from a large clinic to a small one last month and I'm already seeing a difference in the way I'm treated and the attention we receive. Hope I can get similar results to yours! KUP posted on your beautiful babies.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  23. #16283
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,106

    Default

    BFN today. On to next IUI. I think this will be my last one for a while.

    I'll be going in for CD3, CD9, CD11, CD13 (for IUI) then Beta.
    Tasha(31)BLOG

  24. #16284

    Default

    Thank you for your kind reply. I am here anytime if you ever want to talk. I've been through a lot and if I can help people through the pain I've experienced, it would be a wonderful thing.

    I've been trying to keep up with everyone, but it's been hard.
    Amongst all of this craziness, my sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Quite honestly, I've been able to focus on nothing else...and barely paid attention to my IVF cycle! It just makes you realize what's important and what's not.

    Where are you in your cycle? Now that I'm back, I want to start following everyone more closely. Please let me know so I can cheer you on!

    I'm so glad you're not giving up. What is your first name, by the way? I will keep you in my prayers.

    Pam

  25. #16285

    Default

    Hi Ladies,

    I wanted to share a link for this blog I follow:

    http://nieniedialogues.blogspot.com

    The woman who writes it is such an inspiration and how she deals with her life and struggles puts my problems into perspective. She really inspires me to be positive and fight for what I want.

    Hope you like it too.
    __________________
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  26. #16286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pam2334 View Post
    Thank you for your kind reply. I am here anytime if you ever want to talk. I've been through a lot and if I can help people through the pain I've experienced, it would be a wonderful thing.

    I've been trying to keep up with everyone, but it's been hard.
    Amongst all of this craziness, my sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Quite honestly, I've been able to focus on nothing else...and barely paid attention to my IVF cycle! It just makes you realize what's important and what's not.

    Where are you in your cycle? Now that I'm back, I want to start following everyone more closely. Please let me know so I can cheer you on!

    I'm so glad you're not giving up. What is your first name, by the way? I will keep you in my prayers.

    Pam
    Hi Pam! Nice to meet you! My name is Michele. I'm really sorry to hear about your sister's struggle with breast cancer. I hope she beats it. I'm glad she has you fighting with her, supporting her. I'll say prayers for your sister. I pray she recovers completely and she is OK.

    I was following this thread last summer as I prepped for my Sept 09 IVF (bfn). I was saving and prepping for a spring IVF when we got pregnant naturally in Jan of 10, but we lost the baby late Feb and had a D&C in March. I've just been getting back to my old self and we're going to try for IVF in late summer as well as continue to try naturally. We've been ttc'ing for 5 years now, done 8 IUIs and 1 IVF. My DH has varicoicle veins and my egg quality is OK, not the best. Thanks for offering yoru support - everything helps, as you remember from when you were ttc'ing.
    Last edited by HighHopesMama; 05-21-2010 at 05:19 PM.
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums.

  27. #16287

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pam2334 View Post
    I had my ultrasound today and we saw 2 heartbeats both measuring perfectly. I'm in shock. I never thought I would be writing such good news.

    But my point is to tell you that there's always hope. Don't give up prematurely. What kept me going was that the only guarantee of not becoming a mother was if I stopped trying. Believe me, I know how hard this journey is. There are some people that get lucky and they get pregnant on their first or second try, and it's wonderful! But there are others who may have to go through 4 or 5 or 6 cycles, and I completely understand how defeating repeated IVF failure is. The best decision I ever made was to switch clinics, pay out of pocket, and deplete our savings account. You need an RE who pays attention and who does the absolute best with what you give them. And a good RE will tell you if there's still hope or if it's time to move on to other options like DE. My new clinic was small and personal and they ran a tight ship. It felt really good to be their patient.

    I hope this gives everyone some hope. I pray that all of you have great success in your journey. And I realize I'm not out of the woods yet. But, god forbid, if something happens, I'm going to get up and try again.

    Good luck to all of you!

    Pam
    Thanks so much for sharing your courageous and beautiful story

    Your words of encouragement are greatly appreciated and gives me continued hope.

    Yaaaaay!! for the BFP x 2.

    IVF #1 - 6/5 ER, 6/8 ET, 6/22 BFN
    IVF #2 - 9/30 ER, 10/3 ET, 10/14 BFN
    IVF #3 - 12/31 stims

  28. #16288

    Default

    I
    Last edited by pam2334; 06-29-2010 at 06:37 PM.

  29. #16289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pam2334 View Post
    It makes me so happy to hear that my story gives you hope. I wish you the best of luck, and I hope all your dreams come true! As I told Michele, I'm here if any of you would like to talk and to cheer you on.

    Michele--thank you for the encouraging words about my sister. I believe in my heart that she's going to be okay. I'm sorry you've had such a long, painful journey, too. I know how hard it is, but try to have faith and keep believing because anything is possible!

    Best wishes!

    Pam
    Pam I would love to know what your BFP protocol was. I too have bad quality and was wondering if the new RE did something different that increased the quality? Congrats!!

  30. #16290

    Default

    H
    Last edited by pam2334; 06-29-2010 at 06:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •