Page 502 of 593 FirstFirst ... 2402452492500501502503504512552 ... LastLast
Results 15,031 to 15,060 of 17780

Thread: Clomid Blog

Quote Originally Posted by purple_avens View Post
    Hello IVF Sisters! I know many of you, but some are new. For those that donít know me, I have PCOS and have been TTC for 11 years on our own and also using Clomid. I was ready to give up and accept the fact that we were not meant to have kids when we decided to try medical intervention. I did IUI with injectable medication in July í08 and got pregnant, even though we were told we only had about 20% chance of it working. We thought that was it, and told everyone we could! Unfortunately, there was no heartbeat at our 6 week ultrasound. I wanted to miscarry on my own, but again my body failed and didnít recognize that the baby was not developing. I had a D&C at 12 weeks. Then March 2009, we decided to try one more time. We started IUI again, but I developed too many follicles, so instead of cancelling we switched to IVF. I got pregnant again, this time with twins! When we saw two heartbeats at our first ultrasound, we were ecstatic! We were cautiously excited the next few weeks. I had a few episodes of bleeding but was always told that the babies were ok and that it should resolve itself. Then at 13w3d I passed so much blood that I passed out and DH had to call 911! I was admitted into the hospital for a week, all the while still bleeding a little, but the babies were fine. At almost 15w, I went into labor and delivered two beautiful, perfectly formed little boys. Devastated doesnít represent how we felt, but after a year of trying to recover, we are again doing IVF and hopefully this time will end with a healthy baby in our arms. I go in tomorrow for retrieval and I ask that you say a prayer for us.
    I am so excited for Stacie, Rhonda, and Heather!! I look forward to "meeting" the rest of you! I know we all deserve our LO in our lives, and hopefully this will finally be our year!
    Oh my God what an horror story. How do you ever get over such pain. I am so very sorry for you and I will be praying for a successful uneventful happy pregnancy at term...

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Quote Originally Posted by srh38 View Post
    My mock retrieval went well and the RE told me my lab results show I have the MTHFR gene mutation. Feels good to have a name for what has been happening and I thank God it is easily treated.
    That's great I am so happy they will be able to help now that they know. Way to go girl!!

Helene
    10/03/10 - FET - Transfered 5 - 19/03/10 - 22/03/10 - BETA#1 - 426 - BETA#2 - 1071
    07/04/10 - ONE bean - HB - 163 and 175 - IPS - all clear - 07/07/10 - Anatomy scan - It's a BOY

Quote Originally Posted by mc82 View Post
    jajaja. You are right friend. I will take out from 'storage" my VS nighties..and as you said..its cheaper than IVF! jajaja
    Yes, VS nighties do the trick! I know DH will appreciate...

I just got finished with my first Zumba class. It was a blast but showed me how out of shape I am.
    I've been out of the gym scene for a while. What is Zumba? Sounds like something high energy! Well, at least you got out there!

Quote Originally Posted by secaly View Post
    Been there I don't have time for exercising so I do the stairs at work 17th floor twice a day and down too when I am not PEPO Keep it up girl...
    I work out with my coworkers on lunch at least 2-3 days a week. We have a 1-mile walk and then do the stairs (4 x 4 flights). At home I have my DH and one of my friends that either walk outside (3-mile course) with me or we work out at home (treadmill & eliptical, plus stability balls & weights). I walk with a walk group on Saturdays. We have a 3.2 mile course on Lake Murray and a 4 mile course on Riverwalk. They are both beautiful walks.

Oh that's so cool. My dh is so tired at the end of the day we never bd anymore... I kinda miss it a bit... good I am busy with other things like 2ww and work and new prospect job at home etc.
    My DH is never too tired for bding...that's usually me who has to find the energy for him. At least you have things to keep your mind preoccupied!

My mock retrieval went well and the RE told me my lab results show I have the MTHFR gene mutation. Feels good to have a name for what has been happening and I thank God it is easily treated.
    Yay!! I am so happy that you have a diagnosis and treatment plan! Now you move forward knowing those things are being addressed and you have a much better shot at a successful IVF!!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Just popping on to say Hi to all you wonderful ladies! I hope everyone is doing well and on their way to getting knocked up!

Rhonda, Pineapple does work in my opinion. I was told by my IVF nurse to eat it before and after transfer which I didnt with the IVF but then I got 2 pineapples and cut them myself and kept the core in the peices and ate them 3 days before and for 3-4 days after and what do you know... It worked! I'm not saying that's the only reason I got pregnant... but I believe it helped with something. It is some ingredient in the core that helps with implantation, so make sure to eat the core as well. Good luck girl!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgirl View Post
    Just popping on to say Hi to all you wonderful ladies! I hope everyone is doing well and on their way to getting knocked up!

Rhonda, Pineapple does work in my opinion. I was told by my IVF nurse to eat it before and after transfer which I didnt with the IVF but then I got 2 pineapples and cut them myself and kept the core in the peices and ate them 3 days before and for 3-4 days after and what do you know... It worked! I'm not saying that's the only reason I got pregnant... but I believe it helped with something. It is some ingredient in the core that helps with implantation, so make sure to eat the core as well. Good luck girl!
    I've heard nothing but favorable comments about pineapple (specifically the core) & implantation. So as long as it doesn't interfere with the IVIG meds, I'm going to add it to my transfer protocol. I just have to run it by my RE to be certain it is ok for my the extra meds they have me on for immunological disorder. I can't imagine it would be a problem though!
    Me 45, DH 45, DSD 22, DSS 19, DD 15, DS 1. TTC forever!! 3 ectopics, 2 miscarriages, 4 failed IVF's & one successful Donor Egg cycle! Trying for DE baby #2!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post
    Good Luck! And welcome back !
    I sent you a PM on Fertilaid (other thread you started) to let you know I have unopened bottles of Fertilaid and FertileCM you are more than welcome to. My personal donation to a successful next IVF cycle for you! Just need your mailing address!

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post

I've been out of the gym scene for a while. What is Zumba? Sounds like something high energy! Well, at least you got out there
    It is an aerobic class that is like combining salsa, belly dancing, and hip-hop. It was so much fun and I sweated so much and am so sore even days later. I am definitely going again.

Hello IVF Sisters! I know many of you, but some are new. For those that donít know me, I have PCOS and have been TTC for 11 years on our own and also using Clomid. I was ready to give up and accept the fact that we were not meant to have kids when we decided to try medical intervention. I did IUI with injectable medication in July í08 and got pregnant, even though we were told we only had about 20% chance of it working. We thought that was it, and told everyone we could! Unfortunately, there was no heartbeat at our 6 week ultrasound. I wanted to miscarry on my own, but again my body failed and didnít recognize that the baby was not developing. I had a D&C at 12 weeks. Then March 2009, we decided to try one more time. We started IUI again, but I developed too many follicles, so instead of cancelling we switched to IVF. I got pregnant again, this time with twins! When we saw two heartbeats at our first ultrasound, we were ecstatic! We were cautiously excited the next few weeks. I had a few episodes of bleeding but was always told that the babies were ok and that it should resolve itself. Then at 13w3d I passed so much blood that I passed out and DH had to call 911! I was admitted into the hospital for a week, all the while still bleeding a little, but the babies were fine. At almost 15w, I went into labor and delivered two beautiful, perfectly formed little boys. Devastated doesnít represent how we felt, but after a year of trying to recover, we are again doing IVF and hopefully this time will end with a healthy baby in our arms. I go in tomorrow for retrieval and I ask that you say a prayer for us.
    I am so excited for Stacie, Rhonda, and Heather!! I look forward to "meeting" the rest of you! I know we all deserve our LO in our lives, and hopefully this will finally be our year!
    good luck!
    maria (38) TTC 2008 Ivf#1 april 2009 BFN, IVF#2 Dec 2009 BFN, IVF # 3, Feb/2010 BFN. IVF #4 SEP 2010,

It is an aerobic class that is like combining salsa, belly dancing, and hip-hop. It was so much fun and I sweated so much and am so sore even days later. I am definitely going again.
    Wow, that does sound fun! I wonder if I would be coordinated enough to catch on. I bet you were sore for a few days! Not sure I could do something that highly intense more than once a week!

Quote Originally Posted by mommy2myangelLandyn View Post
    Wishing you the absolute best of luck Winter!

I may be trying Clomid +IUI in a couple of months if we aren't pregnant by then. KUP.

Thank you Angie!
    Did you ever get any answers when you went to the OB a while back? I don't remember you posting anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by nostoppingme View Post
    This is so awesome that you are in a cycle!!! I can't tell you how excited I am for you and DH to finally be ready to try IVF again. I am praying so hard for you tonight that this is your cycle and that your story will end with a perfect LO in your arms in 9 months. Best of luck tomorrow on your retrieval. I will be looking for an update to know how you did. This is such a blessing.
    Thank you Rhonda! I was really excited to read that you were going to try again! I can't wait until you get your BFP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cynderella4 View Post
    Good Luck! And welcome back !

Oh my God what an horror story. How do you ever get over such pain. I am so very sorry for you and I will be praying for a successful uneventful happy pregnancy at term...

Helene
    Well, unfortunately, you never get over it. It is something I think about everyday. The only thing you can do is try to move forward with life. It took me almost a year to get back to a place where I could even consider trying again. I'm hopeful, but of course can only think of the worst. Thank you for the prayers, we can use them!

Quote Originally Posted by mc82 View Post
    good luck!
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

Quote Originally Posted by WinterTR View Post
    Well today was the day! I had my IUI, doc said DH swimmers were great and everything looked perfect! I start on Prometrium on Tuesday. They want me to come back on 3/31 for testing. How am I going to wait that long???
    for a great cycle!!! The waiting sucks... I am in the 1ww and it is DRAGGING.....
    Katie (33) DH (32). DS1 Derek (2), DS2 Adam (newbie)

Quote Originally Posted by ktbrown00 View Post
    I don't know how I'm going to make it to the 25th for testing. Maybe I should test sooner.. haha
    I always test early... b/c my RE doesn't do a beta til CD34. This cycle that will be 18dpiui. Way too long for an impatient girl like me to wait!!!

As far as my retrieval yesterday, everything went well. However, after the procedure, I was in an incredible amount of pain. They gave me something there and I had to wait a long while before I could even get up to walk. I had to be taken by wheel chair to the car. The reason that my retrieval was so much more painful than most is because I have PCOS, and developed many, many follicles. The Dr. took out 31! Although that sounds like an amazing number, last time they took out 24, and out of those 14 fertilized the first day, 10 were left the second day and by the 3rd day, only 4 were viable. Two were 8cell and two were 6 cell. So even though I start out with many, I donít end with many. Today I was also in a lot of pain. My Dr. prefers that I donít take anything else since Iím already on antibiotics and other medication, so Iím trying to tough it out and only use a heating pad. I didnít go to work today and Iím not going tomorrow either.

I just got a call from my Dr.ís office and was told that 20 fertilized!! Thank God we have more to start with. Iím praying that they continue to grow so that we can have some to freeze because last time we didnít have any. My transfer is going to be Wed. so I decided to just take the whole week off! Please keep us in your prayers!!!
    Me: 38 w/ PCOS, DH: 39

pinkgirl - When you say the core of the pinapple do you mean the hard part in the middle or just all around it. Cause I am still eating pinapple but not much of the core I buy it fresh where the core is mostly gone you know a hole in the middle Am I doing this all wrong??

Purple avens - I am so sorry you are in such pain. Its great that you are able to take time off work. But yes the good thing is 31 is great and 20 fertilized is just amazing... how wonderful. Just keep thinking of those great numbers and you are in for a long 9 months girl. Get all the rest you can get now Hugs...

AFM - I POAS this morning at 6dp3dt so 9dpo. I knew it was going to be negative but I just wanted to start now and do one everyday just to see when would it show if it were +. Then I will really know that it would only show like 9dpt or whatever.

Of course it could be a BNF also... so testing would be useless but they are cheepies and only cost one dollar so it's my fun part of the day

Good luck today everyone with your PUPO, Embies and cycles.

Helene

Quote Originally Posted by ktbelle97 View Post
    I always test early... b/c my RE doesn't do a beta til CD34. This cycle that will be 18dpiui. Way too long for an impatient girl like me to wait!!!
    If I wait until the 31st like they want me to it will be 17dpiui. But I am thinking the 30th is DH's b/day so I may test that day. But that is still only ONE day earlier than they suggested. I am already wondering about this and its only been 3 days.

As far as my retrieval yesterday, everything went well. However, after the procedure, I was in an incredible amount of pain. They gave me something there and I had to wait a long while before I could even get up to walk. I had to be taken by wheel chair to the car. The reason that my retrieval was so much more painful than most is because I have PCOS, and developed many, many follicles. The Dr. took out 31! Although that sounds like an amazing number, last time they took out 24, and out of those 14 fertilized the first day, 10 were left the second day and by the 3rd day, only 4 were viable. Two were 8cell and two were 6 cell. So even though I start out with many, I donít end with many. Today I was also in a lot of pain. My Dr. prefers that I donít take anything else since Iím already on antibiotics and other medication, so Iím trying to tough it out and only use a heating pad. I didnít go to work today and Iím not going tomorrow either.

I just got a call from my Dr.ís office and was told that 20 fertilized!! Thank God we have more to start with. Iím praying that they continue to grow so that we can have some to freeze because last time we didnít have any. My transfer is going to be Wed. so I decided to just take the whole week off! Please keep us in your prayers!!!
    That is so awesome!!! To be AMA and get 30 eggs is unheard of practically...and 20 FERTILIZED!!! I feel so good about this cycle for you and I know you will get your BFP. I will keep you in my prayers every day because I can't imagine you not being blessed this time around. You get some rest because you sound like you were in a lot of pain/discomfort.

pinkgirl - When you say the core of the pinapple do you mean the hard part in the middle or just all around it. Cause I am still eating pinapple but not much of the core I buy it fresh where the core is mostly gone you know a hole in the middle Am I doing this all wrong??

Purple avens - I am so sorry you are in such pain. Its great that you are able to take time off work. But yes the good thing is 31 is great and 20 fertilized is just amazing... how wonderful. Just keep thinking of those great numbers and you are in for a long 9 months girl. Get all the rest you can get now Hugs...

AFM - I POAS this morning at 6dp3dt so 9dpo. I knew it was going to be negative but I just wanted to start now and do one everyday just to see when would it show if it were +. Then I will really know that it would only show like 9dpt or whatever.

Of course it could be a BNF also... so testing would be useless but they are cheepies and only cost one dollar so it's my fun part of the day

Good luck today everyone with your PUPO, Embies and cycles.

Helene
    Core is the hard center. I know, it's not the part folks would normally eat.

KUP every day on your HPT's! You are braver than me...I just can't do the HPT's. I get depressed with the BFN and get emotionally overwhelmed, so I have to stay away, but I LOVE when my sisters do them...it's exciting to wait on the results to be posted every day. I am really hoping that in another day or two you will start to see your BFP.

As far as my retrieval yesterday, everything went well. However, after the procedure, I was in an incredible amount of pain. They gave me something there and I had to wait a long while before I could even get up to walk. I had to be taken by wheel chair to the car. The reason that my retrieval was so much more painful than most is because I have PCOS, and developed many, many follicles. The Dr. took out 31! Although that sounds like an amazing number, last time they took out 24, and out of those 14 fertilized the first day, 10 were left the second day and by the 3rd day, only 4 were viable. Two were 8cell and two were 6 cell. So even though I start out with many, I don’t end with many. Today I was also in a lot of pain. My Dr. prefers that I don’t take anything else since I’m already on antibiotics and other medication, so I’m trying to tough it out and only use a heating pad. I didn’t go to work today and I’m not going tomorrow either.

I just got a call from my Dr.’s office and was told that 20 fertilized!! Thank God we have more to start with. I’m praying that they continue to grow so that we can have some to freeze because last time we didn’t have any. My transfer is going to be Wed. so I decided to just take the whole week off! Please keep us in your prayers!!!

I'm so excited to see you in here! And yay for 20 fertilized eggies! That is very exciting. I do hate that you are in pain though.
    Last edited by ClarisseMarie; 03-16-2010 at 08:45 AM.

So how is everyone doing since I last popped in? I've been reading through the posts I missed, and hoping all is going well.

I finally got the news from my RE - my FET is not delayed! I should be getting my protocol either late this week or early next week, but here is what is scheduled so far:

3/17 (tomorrow - yikes!): sono HSG
    4/6: endometrial biopsy
    4/7: Baseline ultrasound with a KOH wet mount and E2 check
    4/15: fly to VA
    4/16: uterine catheter fitting
    4/19: TRANSFER DAY!!!!
    4/21: fly home

I am thinking of getting a series of massages between now and then. I wonder if it will help. I'm so scared of acupuncture!
    Last edited by ClarisseMarie; 03-16-2010 at 08:50 AM.

I can't believe they make you wait that long! That's torture!

Well, no for me so I am officially moving onto injects/IUI! I am very excited about the prospect and hope that AF gets here soon so that I can start the process!

Karen 50 DH 55; DD 23; DS1 21; DS2 6; DSS 26; DSD 23 TTC 'our' 2nd since 9/06

Ugh Karen.. More of a temp drop this a.m. Boo!!!

Start Round #5 tmrw... Aren't I excited... lol

Things are a little crazy, but I'm loving every minute of it My Blog

nostoppingme - Nope me the HPT don't depress me... I guess they so sometimes but not this time... not sure why maybe cause those are not my last chance... if they were I might be sad yes... But I will cheer you up everyday with results

ClarisseMarie - Great you got a prospective on your cycle now... isn't nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Way to go girl.

Helene

Quote Originally Posted by kbhlmh View Post

Well, no for me so I am officially moving onto injects/IUI! I am very excited about the prospect and hope that AF gets here soon so that I can start the process!

Sorry about the BFN but I am right there with you on the injects/IUI cycle!!! Good luck!

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

I am so sorry. Wishing you lots of luck with the IUI process!

Thanks Winter!

Trip - Hoping you won't need to move to inject!

It's OK. I am very hopeful about the injects/IUI cycle so I am actually looking forward to AF arriving so that I can get on with it! Hope the clomid treats you nice!

We didn't do the IUI this month because I only had 1 follie so I know I will be onto the injectables, since we can only get PG through IUI...it's MFI for us.

~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (5 1/2) and Jericho (3)
    My Blog!

Quote Originally Posted by ClarisseMarie View Post
    So how is everyone doing since I last popped in? I've been reading through the posts I missed, and hoping all is going well.

I finally got the news from my RE - my FET is not delayed! I should be getting my protocol either late this week or early next week, but here is what is scheduled so far:

3/17 (tomorrow - yikes!): sono HSG
    4/6: endometrial biopsy
    4/7: Baseline ultrasound with a KOH wet mount and E2 check
    4/15: fly to VA
    4/16: uterine catheter fitting
    4/19: TRANSFER DAY!!!!
    4/21: fly home

I am thinking of getting a series of massages between now and then. I wonder if it will help. I'm so scared of acupuncture!
    How exciting & you are truly booked with tests & procedures! I hope all goes well with the HSG & biopsy so you stay on schedule. Sounds like we will be in the 2ww together, but you will be ahead of me by a few days I'm sure. I am hoping my ER will be the same day as your ET (or the day before )!

nostoppingme - Nope me the HPT don't depress me... I guess they so sometimes but not this time... not sure why maybe cause those are not my last chance... if they were I might be sad yes... But I will cheer you up everyday with results

ClarisseMarie - Great you got a prospective on your cycle now... isn't nice to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Way to go girl.

Helene
    That's right, you still have some frozen to fall back on. But I'm sure those will end up being for future babies because this FET will stick & you will get your BFP!!

Hurry up, AF!!!! Good luck with your 1st injectable cycle!!

Thanks Katie!

We didn't do the IUI this month because I only had 1 follie so I know I will be onto the injectables, since we can only get PG through IUI...it's MFI for us.
    Oh yea, you said that! Sorry, I have a hard time keeping up with everyone in all of my groups and all of my forums!