Thread: So disappointed with my OB-GYN office

Default So disappointed with my OB-GYN office

So today I when in for my first visit and low and below my OB is no longer at the practice When I called on tuesday to make the appt no one told me he was not there Well since I was there already I ask which one of the OBs will be seeing me and was told the name which pissed me off even more has I know dead people who has better bedside manners than him SO since I wanted to be seen and start on the plan that was set up by my previous OB, I grinned and said ok let's try again. I should have walk out instead because this pieces of crap made me feel like I was begging him to see me. He walked into the room with a med student didn't even ask me if it was ok nor introduce the young man to me. then he proceeded to ask me if I really wanted another baby because I'm of advance maternal age with a long history of different health issues and that even if the pregnancy gets pass the window of miscarriage my baby may end up with different types of abnormalities so why do this. The nurse was looking at me and shaking her head at me because I was about to go off on him after I picked up my mouth off the ground:headband: I swallowed really hard and proceeded to tell him nicely that if I was one of his little jewish ladies he wouldn't have did and said what he just did and I was very offended therefore please give me a referral to the nearest perinatologist practice so that I can be seen by people who really cared about me and want to help me. He said ok and walked out of the room. The nurse said she was sorry for his behavior and I told her not to apologize for him because it was not her fault he was a AH. She personally looked up the number for the peri and gave it to me because she said she is not sure if he will write the referral. I don't believe that me even took time to read my chart or else he would know that I was trying very hard to get and stay pregnant. And that I really want my baby regardless of abnormalities. I'm still so mad.
    Last edited by phillisamc; 09-04-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    Marsha

[/url]

Wow!! What an AH he was! I would be mad too!
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Wow, I can't believe people/practices like that are able to stay in business!

I'm sorry you had to deal with that. He's the epitome of someone in it for the money, not because he cares about people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelith View Post
    I'm sorry you had to deal with that. He's the epitome of someone in it for the money, not because he cares about people.
    Exactly this. WOW! I hope you can find someone better soon!!! Keep us updated.

You should also report him to the medical board. I don't know that anything can be done about being an AH, but someone should be made aware of his complete lack of patient care.

I'm sorry you had to go through that experience.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

If he's part of a larger system, I would report him. Especially a hospital system. They should have a quality department or even better a customer service department (hospital I work for has one and I'm on that group). We really want to know things like that here because how much money we get paid will depend heavily on our ratings for things like customer service and other quality measures.

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Wow that is awful! Report him for sure!!!

Definitely file a grievance. It might be a hassle, and they will want information from you, but the hospital can't do anything without documented issues like this. If you don't speak out against him in a constructive form, he will continue to treat other patients the same way. And make sure that they know you are leaving the practice because of him. I'm sorry you had that experience, I hope the next practice is a good one for you.

Erica 34, DH 35, DS 10 months old. STC for 4+ years, Diagnosed DOR 4/2011, mom to 4 , Barbados IVF March 2013, Surprise BFP Sept 2014!!!

Thanks ladies. I did call and make a complaint about his behind. JR was not having it at all when I told him what happened. They are going to send me the paperwork to fill out which I will fill out for sure. The good news is that the doctors the nurse helped me with took me on. My appt is on tuesday morning and Ill get a u/s then see the peri on the same day!!!!
    Marsha

[/url]

What a flippin' jerk!
    Please stay with me LOBrittany(28)DH(39) DSD-(18) DS-Tristan(4) DD-Brooke(3) DS-Preston(1)*my miracles*

12/05/07 14wks, 10/10/08 9wks, 12/20/13 8wks, 05/06/14 10wks

I think what amazes me is the fact that he thought he had the right to open his mouth and spew that $hit! Some people have no manners and no filters! Whatever happened to " if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"! I hope you have the nicest, sweetest doctor you could have ever imagined to erase the memory of that...I'll just say man
    Rebekah (me) 27 ........... Rod (dbf) 36

Quote Originally Posted by rr1007 View Post
    I think what amazes me is the fact that he thought he had the right to open his mouth and spew that $hit! Some people have no manners and no filters! Whatever happened to " if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all"! I hope you have the nicest, sweetest doctor you could have ever imagined to erase the memory of that...I'll just say man
    Thanks, just have to smh every time I think of it. The papers came in the mail today but Im feeling to sick to do it today. I dying for tomorrow to come too and from the research Ive done all Ive found is nothing but good so Im keeping my fingers crossed.
    Marsha

[/url]