Thread: First visit

Default First visit

My home pregnancy test confirmed I am pregnant. I called to schedule an appointment and found the latest they can see me is oct 14th. My first day of last menstrual cycle was aug 3rd and so I am 4 weeks on sep 4th and will be 10 weeks by oct 14th - the day of the appointment. Is that too late for me? Should I find another doctor who can see me by 8 weeks? The receptionist didn't tell me anything about prenatal care/ what to expect before the appointment and brought up the prenatal vitamin intake only when I asked her about it. Are they showing me some kind of blaze' attitude or am I just being overly cautious and nervous?

when i first found out that i was pg with my firstborn i was told that i wouldn't be seen till i was 15 wks, and that was a standard. no one with out a history of problematic pregnancies would be seen any earlier. but i started bleeding and they brought me in sooner (7 wks pg when i got a dr appt and that was after an er visit for the bleeding) with my second i was told the standard 15 wks if i knew my lmp (which i didn't) so they only brought me for a dating u/s and had my actual first prenatal appt set for when i was to be about 12 wks pg.
    if you are worried about the pregnancy or think there is a problem call the dr and ask to be seen earlier, but if all seems to be going well i would just go with it and wait till your appt.

So no problem with the 1st child after bleeding at 7 weeks? (hope everything was smooth.) I get pimple like cyst in my vaginal area which comes and goes. I'm not sure if that's a cause for concern for an earlier appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    when i first found out that i was pg with my firstborn i was told that i wouldn't be seen till i was 15 wks, and that was a standard. no one with out a history of problematic pregnancies would be seen any earlier. but i started bleeding and they brought me in sooner (7 wks pg when i got a dr appt and that was after an er visit for the bleeding) with my second i was told the standard 15 wks if i knew my lmp (which i didn't) so they only brought me for a dating u/s and had my actual first prenatal appt set for when i was to be about 12 wks pg.
    if you are worried about the pregnancy or think there is a problem call the dr and ask to be seen earlier, but if all seems to be going well i would just go with it and wait till your appt.

Quote Originally Posted by maya View Post
    So no problem with the 1st child after bleeding at 7 weeks? (hope everything was smooth.) I get pimple like cyst in my vaginal area which comes and goes. I'm not sure if that's a cause for concern for an earlier appointment.
    I would let them know this or you can try another practice. I just had to change mine because of bad bedside manners even tho Im ultra high risk.
    Marsha

[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by maya View Post
    nope, no problems at all. the bleeding was caused by a tender cervix that would bleed if touched at all. dr told me no more sex till i was 12 wks or something like that, but i didn't listen to that and just assumed that if i spotted it was due to dtd.

you could call the drs office and ask them if they think the pimple like cyst should be looked at sooner than the appt you already have but if you are concerned about ANYTHING talk it over with the dr.