Thread: I am just devestated!

Default I am just devestated!

This happened last night in my hometown. Why do some people insist on having alcohol be a part of any and everything they do. Now two precious children have lost their lives due to a very irresponsible group of adults.
    http://www.wspa.com/story/26416689/child-injured-infant-missing-after-boat-capsizes

Try this to see if it works. Dumb phone doesn't wanna cooperate.

Woman Charged With DUI After 2 Children Die In Boating AccidentPosted:*Aug 31, 2014 9:39 PM EDTUpdated:*Sep 01, 2014 12:27 PM EDT

By WSPA Staff -*email

ANDERSON COUNTY, S.C. -

A woman has been charged with felony DUI after a five-month old baby and a nine-year old child died after a boat capsized on Lake Hartwell Sunday in the Townville area.

Dawn Thompson, 53, of Easley is charged with two counts of felony DUI according to the S.C. Department of Natural Resources.*

DNR Captain Robert McCullough says there were 12 people on the boat. It had been going in and out of a cove throughout Sunday and was returning when it capsized. McCullough says the boat went down between 100 and 200 feet from shore.

Anderson County Sheriff John Skipper reports the infant was recovered near the end of a boat dock in about 20 feet of water not far from Hickory Ridge Road Sunday at 8:55 p.m.

Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore tell us a nine-year-old child also died after the boat overturned. That child was airlifted to AnMed Health, but was already in cardiac arrest.

Thompson is being held in the Anderson County Detention Center. She is scheduled to have a bond hearing Monday at 4:00 p.m.

The South Carolina Department of Natural Resources has investigators back at the scene Monday morning. Crews are working to get the boat upright so they can take a look at it.*

Smh! what is wrong with these people!!!
    Marsha

[/url]

so sad.

Very sad and it makes me mad at the woman who drove drunk.
    *** Lindsay ***

What blows my mind is that the other adults were all drunk as well. So drunk that they didn't even realize anything had happened until they figured out that they were wet. 😲 Really!!!!!

So sad!
    Jennifer