Thread: So I got attacked by a swarm of bees....

Default So I got attacked by a swarm of bees....

Not even kidding. LOL I was out in the yard playing with my kids and I was attacked by tons of black earth dwelling bees!!! It was horrifying and the most painful thing I've ever felt! They would not stop stinging me or get off of me, I ended up having to strip naked and take a cold shower to get them off. When I was running from them, I fell forward, scraped up my knee, bruised my elbow, and I may have fallen on my stomach. When they stung me for a few seconds I was physically unable to move, I think from the initial shock of the pain, my body just tensed up. I may have fallen on my stomach but I don't really remember the details just the pain. I ran away from my kiddos and got my husband from the house, I didn't want the bees to get them, thankfully they were occupied with the trampoline and did not go near the bees. They're nesting on the ground or in one of our trees, but I think they were coming from the ground. It was soooo painful! I went to the hospital and was monitored for about 3 hours. Got some pain meds and some ointment for the stings. Baby is okay! I had some contractions too, every few minutes, but they were not painful, and I was not dilated at all, so they let me go home. Still having contractions on and off but we're just chalking them up to being braxton hicks contractions! I messed up my pubic bone and my hip bones real bad somehow though, like even with the norco I can barely walk around. Thankfully it seems to be feeling better little by little and my husband has been home with me to help out, even though he's got a pretty rotten cold right now!

But yeah, just thought I'd share that horrifying story. I'm still afraid to go outside, and I keep having bee dreams. I hate bees. Little fluffy bumble bees distributing pollen? Cool. Little black bees out to destroy the world? NO! They will climb in your clothes and sting you relentlessly!
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

OMGosh that is HORRIBLE!
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

Omg! That sounds like something from a nightmare. Glad contractions didn't turn into labor for you.

YIKES!!!! So glad you are OK.
    ETA: (Oops, didn't realize this was a DD room. But still glad you're OK!)

Blog Entries

Will pop in to say: How terrifying! I am so glad you are ok and your DH was there to help. My DH ran a lawn mower over a hornet/wasp nest last summer and got stung four times. They are tenacious and he had to brush/pull each one off.

I hope you find the nest.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

It is terrifying to be in a swarm of bees.
    My sister and I were very little, I was probably 5ish, which would have made my sister less than 3... I climbed a fence heading back towards the shed, and she must have stepped on a nest... I managed to get to my dad, who got to my sister. Dad got stung like 12+ times, mom grabbed my sister, drove her to the ED (which luckily was only about 5 minuets away).
    They stopped counting at 56 bee stings, and she was admitted overnight for observation. She is now terrified of bees, and wasps in general, so your fear is completely normal. I am glad that you are doing okay now.
    Granted, this did not happen to me, but I still vividly remember my sister yelling and screaming in pain, my dad swatting the bees off of her and my mom's fear...and at the time I was only about 5 years old....so I can only imagine your pain and fear.
    Hoping everything continues to look up for you.
    Lizzy (28) DH (27) DH diagnosed with CBAVD 6/2013 TTC since 10/2011 STC since 10/2012 5 "fur"kids

Ugh! They sound like mud hornets. Hope you can get rid of them. I'm so sorry that happened to you! Glad you and baby are ok.

Wow that is scary. Glad you and baby are ok...so happy your not highly allergic to them. My friend has to carry an epipen with him because of bee allergy. He only has a 20 minute window to get help even with an epipen. Yikes...

Stepping in to say I am so glad you and the baby are OK. Gosh I couldn't imagine how scared you were.
    *** Lindsay ***

It must be the week for this. Dh was mowing and got in a swarm of bees Wednesday. Today he had to go to the Dr because his hand and arm are badly swollen now on steriods and strong antihistamines. So scary! Sorry you had to experience this right now but glad your okay. Btw I can't believe your 35+Weeks; I remember your first post
    I'm so excited for you.

Thanks everyone! My husband got stung by two a couple weeks ago but we didn't think much of it. He mowed by that tree! ): I wish I would have thought that there might be a nest.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

Ugh, Jessie, I am sooo sorry !! That just sounds super miserable !

I can't believe you only have 31 days until your dd, wooot ...almost there momma !!!!!!!!
    Dh (39) Me (37) 8bio 1adopted, 14 angels