Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: worried, wwyd?

  1. #1

    Default worried, wwyd?

    dd got into her diaper rash cream and smeared it everywhere... it was all over her face, lips, room, door, clothing, hair, so what are the odds that she ate any of it?
    she also got into her infants gas relief drops and i couldn't tell you how much of that she took.. it may have been barely a dose or it may have been 1/4 of an oz i just don't remember how much was in the bottle. what would you do? call poison controll? i googled it and found out that one can't really overdose on smithecone (gas grops)
    so wwyd?



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,933

    Default

    Call the pedi. Is DD communicative enough you can ask her if she ate any of the diaper rash cream? I can't imagine that it tastes very good.

  3. #3

    Default

    i asked her if she put it in her mouth and she said eeww, and made a funny face, like she tasted it and didn't like it.
    just found a site that someone elses 2 yr old drank a whole bottle of mylicon and she called poison controll for it and they laughed it off and said there is nothing you need to do but the 2 yr old will poop alot over the next few days... so that makes me feel better about that part.
    i really think she just smeared the rash cream.. she also found a paci and loves to suck on them so may of had that in her mouth and not ingested any rash stuff other than a taste.

    (i don't want to call the pedi..... after the benadryl drinking situation i fear they are going to mark me as a bad mom or worse call cps...)



  4. #4

    Default

    "My DD got into the Desitin when she was about 14 months old. I called poison control and they said just give fluids and keep an eye but unless she ate a whole lot of it nothing would probably happen. Don't stress too much and just keep an eye out"
    found this on baby center.... looks like we will be having the poops and need to drink a ton of fluids for a while!

    all this on the day the truck breaks, my phone got fried ans no longer works and i lost everything in it.. .contacts, pictures, texts, you name it its gone... and we leave on vacation in 2 days so theres not time for stuff to be going wrong.

    i feel like a horrible mommy for letting dd get into stuff again. whats a momma to do?
    Last edited by froggie83; 08-26-2014 at 04:49 PM.



  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by froggie83 View Post
    i asked her if she put it in her mouth and she said eeww, and made a funny face, like she tasted it and didn't like it.
    just found a site that someone elses 2 yr old drank a whole bottle of mylicon and she called poison controll for it and they laughed it off and said there is nothing you need to do but the 2 yr old will poop alot over the next few days... so that makes me feel better about that part.
    i really think she just smeared the rash cream.. she also found a paci and loves to suck on them so may of had that in her mouth and not ingested any rash stuff other than a taste.

    (i don't want to call the pedi..... after the benadryl drinking situation i fear they are going to mark me as a bad mom or worse call cps...)
    How long ago was that? If its been a while it might not be a big deal.
    *** Lindsay ***



  6. #6

    Default

    When the triplets were 2 or 2 1/2 Xander got out of his crib (broke his crib tent) and got into the Desitin. I called poison control and they said that he would have to eat like a whole tube to cause problems.

    ~*~Katrina~*~ Momma to Xander, Hayden & Lily (6) and Jericho (3 1/2)

  7. #7

    Default

    I think she is probably fine. Maybe just keep an eye on her tonight and see if she acts funny at all, but it sounds like neither is too bad if she did eat a little of it.


    Anne (37) DH (37) Olivia (4) Harrison (1)

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TripMomma View Post
    When the triplets were 2 or 2 1/2 Xander got out of his crib (broke his crib tent) and got into the Desitin. I called poison control and they said that he would have to eat like a whole tube to cause problems.
    i am glad to hear that a minimal amount won't hurt her. and glad to hear that is the response that poison control gave you! makes me feel better too knowing that i am not the only one thats got a child that gets into stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by mom2CodySophia0811 View Post
    How long ago was that? If its been a while it might not be a big deal.
    it was the beginning of april.
    apparently nothing is to high for my lil girl, i am going to have to put stuff in a lock box and keep the key on a necklace that i am wearing (both kids have gotten around the child lock on the cabinets)



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •