Thread: How do you sell your used baby/kid clothes?

Default How do you sell your used baby/kid clothes?

Thus far I have taken them into Once Upon A Child, and they did buy some of it but I have tons and they seem to be overstocked on a lot of sizes. I don't have a ton of other items (which is why I have been hesitant about doing a garage sale). I do have a few baby items, a high chair, some baby bath accessories, car seat accessories. The only other route I am aware of is Craigslist, I'm just not sure on having people coming over to look through it all, and how much of a response you get for clothes. I only know of a few consignment sales and they required providing all of the hangers and printing your tags, seems a bit much when honestly I am not looking for much per item!

So what have you done for selling used clothes?
    Me (26), DH (31), DD (3), and DS (1).

I use a facebook page for my city. I have always done "Bag of girl clothes ranging from size to size lighty used xx amount takes all" clothes that have a faded hard too see stains (like baby food ) i donate to our local community pregnancy center who doesnt sell them but gives it to those in need.

i'm more of a buyer than seller but i use craigslist and a local FB page. Sometimes people will ask to meet somewhere, but they do often just have you pick up at their house.

clothes are usually sold in lots sorted for size, unless you have something special, fancy dresses, coats, etc.

I donate out grown clothes to our local Foster Closet. When a foster child comes into care they often come with nothing at all. my friend got 2 boys a few weeks ago who weren't even dressed, one was in underwear the other a diaper. The foster closet provides clothes for foster children for free, and is all donation based run by volunteers. if you are interested in something like that you could call your local dhs office and to see if you have something like that.

I've had the worst lucky trying to sell baby clothes / kids and I've made them really cheap before on CL's. I had their clothes in excellent condition no stains, very current, and the most Once Upon A Child has purchase from me was 3 onesis and have me $3. I took in many, many, many, clothes and that's all they wanted.
    I gave up so I donate all of the clothes to churches and Goodwill. I don't have the time to sit and wait for people to pick through things they do and don't want.
    *** Lindsay ***

Wow Lindsey, your Once Upon a Child must be super stocked? I was able to sel what amounted to around $100 worth, but that is just a small dent on what I have.

I went through and pulled out most of the faded or mildly stained items and donated all of that.

Thanks for the responses! I'll have to take some time with it and try to make up some groupings to try to sell them as units on Craigslist.
    Me (26), DH (31), DD (3), and DS (1).

I use a Facebook yard sale site. And would usually sell as one large lump of clothes. Most of the time I Just give them away though.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

How do you price the once price box of clothes?

I just got involved in a huge consignment sale for Oct so I plan to sell a lot of stuff there but they wont do a box of clothes they have to so sold individually, on hangers :/
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

Quote Originally Posted by macksmom View Post
    How do you price the once price box of clothes?

I just got involved in a huge consignment sale for Oct so I plan to sell a lot of stuff there but they wont do a box of clothes they have to so sold individually, on hangers :/
    Just curious where the consignment sale was going to be? Lol. You could message me.

Quote Originally Posted by kmrk336 View Post
    Just curious where the consignment sale was going to be? Lol. You could message me.
    I sent you a PM
    Thing 1 (8), Thing 2 (5), Thing 3 (2)

I usually sell in small lots on my local Facebook yard sale pages. I've tried consignment stores and they don't take hardly anything and I end up getting ripped off.