Thread: Spelling of name

Default Spelling of name

Derrick or derek?

2 babies, unknown genders, and im only in love with one name. So im open to hear some

Well. I like both. lol I know that's not very helpful. I guess my only thing is I would choose Derek because people tend to spell it that way. Otherwise he might have his name misspelled by other people his whole life.

My brother in law's name is Derek and I can just hear his mother now, "It's Derek, spelled the British way." LOL.

I think in NC people tended toward spelling it Derrick.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

I like the spelling "Derek". I don't like the spelling "Derrick" though, because it's a thing, not just a name. And that bothers me for some reason
    . der·rick
    ˈderik/Submit
    noun
    a kind of crane with a movable pivoted arm for moving or lifting heavy weights, especially on a ship.
    the framework over an oil well or similar boring that holds the drilling machinery.
    Dada (27) Mama-Jessie (26) Orion (4) Kadence (2) Osiris (Uterus)

My DS1 is Derek and I didn't even know there was more than one way to spell it until after he was born! So that's my vote
    Katie (34) DH (33). DS1 Derek (3), DS2 Adam (1)

Thanks ladies, im pretty sure I have my boy names narrowed down to Derek, Devin, Alex and Dylan. Now if I can tackle girls name

Haha i just had a debate with my mom over if there was more than one way to spell derrick, guess i was wrong

I love dylan and alex

Ali (28) dh (28)love since 2006 8 angels who left us too soon