Thread: Game Changer

Default Game Changer

So we called our RE to see about just doing a natural IUI this month as opposed to waiting until next month. Got told the doctor wanted to have a phone consult to discuss our plan. Didn't think it was odd since it's been 4 months since we first spoke. Apparently he wanted to discuss my lab results. My day 3 FSH came back at 16. He was so not happy with that number and now wants us to start with injectables. He said we could go ahead and do the IUI this month since I'm on day 10 and he wants to do a follicle scan this month regardless whether we try or not. I had one done yesterday locally but he wants a look for himself and to see closer to O what they are doing. He also wants to trigger to see if that will help boost which is also new to me. We did natural IUI with our first and clomid IUI with our second and both were first IUI pregnancies. I'm a little bit nervous about increasing the chances of multiples too. UGH! Growing old sucks

So, plan is now U/s Friday, Trigger probably Sunday and IUI Monday.

Anyone know anything about FSH levels and pregnancy? I'm trying to avoid Dr. Google, however tempting it may be.
    Julie, DH: W, DS: Mason, GGB Trips Amelia, Ellanor & Noah
    FFS "Baby C" disrupted fost/adopt of sibs Q,Z,J & K 9/10-3/11

Also, when I ordered shipping of the vials we have in storage, it's showing a whole bunch more than what we thought we had. We should have 8 and it's showing 11. And I own all of our donor and there are quite a few ladies itching for them so at least if it's true, I'll have more to sell to them if this does/does not work.

And last part of my vent OMG does the price skyrocket for everyone with injectables? We have never paid this much for an IUI, even the one this month is almost triple our last and I'm in a bit of panic and sticker shock on how we're even going to come up with the amount for September.

Blog Entries

It always stinks when plans change. I am not familiar with what FSH levels are good, but hopefully your RE's plan will work!
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My Ovulation Chart , My blog about MCAD

I'm sorry plans have changed ...that's never fun to hear!

Have you had your AMH tested recently? An FSH of 16 is high and usually an indicator of diminished ovarian reserve (DOR). My FSH was 17 and my AMH was 0.3 when I was diagnosed with DOR...my RE added injectables to the femara the cycle following the cd3 testing. My RE wasn't very optimistic and I even consulted with another RE who recommended aggressive IVF if I was going to use my own eggs, but I responded better than expected to the low dose hybrid combo (5mg femara/75iu gonal-F)...not great, lol, but it was enough to get me viably pg on our 3rd attempt .

The trigger is very important with DOR...definitely a good addition to your protocol imo!

Ya, the meds are crazy expensive ! Doing a hybrid cycle as opposed to an injectable-only cycle can decrease the risk of multiples and reduce the cost of the meds...just a thought .

Hoping and praying this cycle will bring you a bfp and hh9m so you don't have to even think about it, but if not, really praying for a good cd3 follie count and that all you'll need is a smidgen of injectables to get a decent response

thinking of you...I know this process is super stressful!

Yes, our price for monitoring and injects with IUI is much higher than monitoring and IUI with oral meds.
    Mother to seven flying, called home too soon.

I don't know much about IUI or injectables but, my CD 3 FSH was 5.9 when they tested it back in November. The report shows the following ranges:
    Follicular phase 3.5-12.5
    Mid cycle peak 4.7-21.5
    Luteal phase 1.7-7.7
    Post menopausal 25.8-134.8
    Laura (33) DH (37) x 4

Maybe this is an option? www.designrxfirststeps.com

Jennifer, 35, DH 36

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmosmom View Post
    Maybe this is an option? www.designrxfirststeps.com
    I was looking at that earlier Jennifer. And Robin they only did Estrodial, TSH and FSH. I'll ask about the other when I'm there tomorrow. So glad my Dh was able to get a teacher to cover his last class of the day and can go with me. Really hoping this cycle is awesome too. We've been so lucky that in the past it's always been our first IUI that works but that number just has me so nervous this time. Plus we've had a week of fever viruses with the trio and I'm just spent and wondering what the heck we're thinking.