Thread: Car seat advice

Default Car seat advice

DH was at a stop light when the car behind him stopped and then proceeded to roll an BARELY bump into DH. My 3 year old was in her diono RXT and the base of the chicco was in there too. The manual and people at diono say ANY ACCIDENT to replace the seat.

DH didn't exchange info with the other driver (which pisses me off to no end!!!!!!!!!!)

What would you do? Replace the car seat at your own cost or not?

On one hand I want to replace it because the manufacturer says to after any accident but on the other hand I don't bc it was barely a tap (under 2 mph). BUT if we were to get into another accident and the car seat failed then I would be soooooooooo mad at DH.....well I kind of already am mad bc he didn't get the drivers info! I don't want to put my kids life in jeopardy though!!

Blog Entries

I likely would not replace them but am not a car seat expert. If the tap was so light, wouldn't a normal quick stop be even more jarring? Coming from the city, I wouldn't even call what you describe a car accident.
    Jessica (33) and Ryan (33). Madelyn born August 5, 2009; Malachi born December 23, 2010 and Nathaniel born July 19, 2013. Lost a loved baby 02/29/12, 05/14/12 and 07/05/12 all due a serious allergic reaction to fabric softener.
    My blog about MCAD

I wouldn't replace either, based on how it was barely an accident.
    Me (28), DH (33), DD (5), and DS (3).

Nope I would not over a 2 MPH bump.
    *** Lindsay ***

no i wouldn't replace a seat over that. i do not consider that an accident, and am with your dh there is no need to exchange info when there is no damage and it was a slow moving bump.

Y'all are making me feel a little batter .

Anyone dare to go across the grain. Lol

I'm with everyone else. I've probably passed over some speed bumps that were more jarring that a bump at 2mph. I say the car seats are fine.
    Dorcas (36) DH (37) 3/13

3andMe is offline Every day is a gift. It's just... does it have to be a pair of socks? Hopelessly Devoted

My DH was in two accidents recently (low speed) and our insurance company said they did not warrant replacing the car seats.

I should add they gave us a set of very specific criteria, so it's not like they were just blowing us off. Under 25 mph definitely did not warrant car seat replacement no matter what, I think.

I had a pretty hard clunk in a parking lot a couple years ago. I think she pulled out when i was already backing up, but whatever. it was enough of a bump to cause $2000 of damage to her car (which still had temp tags on it it was so new.) I asked and they i didn't need to replace.

I wouldn't in your case either.

Quote Originally Posted by runningmomofmany View Post
    I had a pretty hard clunk in a parking lot a couple years ago. I think she pulled out when i was already backing up, but whatever. it was enough of a bump to cause $2000 of damage to her car (which still had temp tags on it it was so new.) I asked and they i didn't need to replace.

I wouldn't in your case either.
    Who did you ask, Your insurance or the car seat manufacturer?

I wouldn't replace the carseats. Also, I do agree with your DH, if there was no damage to either car, then there is no reason to exchange information.
    Jennifer

I'm with everyone else. I would not replace them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by dunegirl View Post
    Who did you ask, Your insurance or the car seat manufacturer?
    graco