Thread: Need advice

Default Need advice

Need Advice
    I am about 6w3d and bleeding. I have been to the er to the ob everything I can think of. they are telling me that there is a baby and a sac but no heart beat. The one er I went to said I was having twins the other said there is only one and it is normal that I don't see a heart beat yet. My cervix is closed. I don't know what to think or believe. my ob basically told me that there is no hope and I cant believe that. I haven't really been told anything at this point. have any of you been through this and have a good outcome please help ease my mind

It is early and it is normal not to see the heartbeat at 6 weeks 3 days. Your dates could also be a little off and not be as far along as you think or implantation happening a little later. I would find a new OB and get an appointment to see the new one.

2/28/13

IIRC, baby's heart starts beating around 6 weeks. It should be detectable by ultrasound (transvaginal) by week 7 or so, and by doppler by week 10. But, a lot depends on fetal position, whether you have anterior placenta, etc. Even dating being off by a few days can make a huge difference in what can be seen and heard. Have you had any bloodwork done? HCG? Progesterone?

Well my hcg levels have been dropping they went from fri 6855.8 sun 6008.12 and today 4622. The ob wants to do a d&e or give me pills. My mom said there is still hope. I don't feel pregnant ne more. I'm a wreak. All I keep thinking is I failed this precious baby that I wanted for so long. Idk what to do :'(

Hugs. You certainly didn't fail or do anything wrong. Even the best doctors in the world can't always determine why miscarriages happen. Most of the time there is really no reason at all.

HUGS!! So sorry!! If your HCG is declining that much then a miscarriage is imminent I have had that happen and I know it sucks! So sorry!!
    Me(31)&DH(35). Married-2005
    Make a pregnancy ticker

Hugs!!!

2/28/13