Thread: Silly question

Default Silly question

Hi y'all,

I feel silly asking this. This is my third pregnancy, and I feel like I should know the answer to this, but I don't!

I took a bath last night and woke up to see some dark brown/watery marks in my panties. I haven't had any cramping or signs of miscarriage. Maybe just a 'clean out?' I'll go to the doc for my first appt an US on Wednesday, but I was just wondering if any of you have experienced this.

Thanks, gals!

Married Sept. 2008 -Sweet baby girl Born April 2011 , Sweet Baby #2 due Jan 4, 2013

I had spotting with my first two. The first one was brown but significant amounts. The second was bright red in gushes, it was horrible and lasted well into second trimester. They never figured out what cause it! Have you called your doctor?

dark brown old blood is definitely common, especially with no other symptoms. Make sure to mention it Wednesday!

Thanks, you two. I did call the doc today and talked to a nurse after I had another moment of brown discharge while I was running today (I felt it, stopped to go to the bathroom, and finished with a walk because I was too freaked out to make myself finish). She reassured me that it was normal, especially without cramping and/or bright red blood. She mentioned that the cervix is super quick to heal in early pregnancy, and that a little old (brown) blood can seem to be much more when mixed with the increase in vaginal discharge that occurs in pregnancy. Whew. Thanks again for your reassurance!

PS, I know I need to change that ridiculous ticker. Ha! I'm so glad I'm not 20 months overdue!

Well shoot. Bright red spotting now. I came to the ER. Probably overreacting.

Aaaaaand we're all good. Baby is fine. I have a few pockets of blood that the doc expects will continue to come down throughout the first tri. Just so alarming to see that bright red blood tonight. An expensive price for peace of mind, but man alive, peace of mind is priceless. Thankful for good insurance tonight.

Hope you gals are doing great and sleeping peacefully.

Glad babe looks ok! How far along are you? Did you see a heartbeat??

Yes, I saw that little heart pumping away at ~123 bpm. 6+5 according to my LMP, measured at 6+6. Right on target. I definitely wept when I saw the heart beating.

Oh thank goodness for a good ER trip. You're right, you can't put a price on the reassurance and comfort seeing your little one and making sure everything is ok.

Bright red would have sent me in, too. I'm glad that all checks out.
    Dorcas (35) DH (36) 3/13

Glad all is well!!!